HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Datsyuk

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 03:27 AM
lazerbullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Aren't interviews out of Russia notorious for word twisting?
Later I actually heard a video interview.Newspaper pretty much published the same thing. In reality questions were a bit more precise. And overall... interview was not so gloomy as it sounds. Datsyuk certainly didn't sound upset that he has to go to Detroit.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:37 AM
lazerbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Nah. Pretty sure that all Russians are friends with each other.
Based on what? As far as I know Datsyuk is good friends with Bryzgalov and Kovalchuk. Don't know about the others.

And I would not be surprised if Datsyuk doesn't like Semin or Ovechkin for example. Datsyuk is modest, intelligent, religious, likes to read books and his approach to hockey is different.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerbullet View Post
As far as I know Datsyuk is good friends with Bryzgalov and Kovalchuk. Don't know about the others.

And I would not be surprised if Datsyuk doesn't like Semin or Ovechkin for example. Datsyuk is modest, intelligent, religious, likes to read books and his approach to hockey is different.
Just because you don't like Semin, doesn't mean anyone else doesn't as well. Datsyuk calls Semin "soul guy" and also speaks very warmly about Ovechkin. They also played in the same line in the Worlds.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:58 AM
lazerbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Just because you don't like Semin, doesn't mean anyone else doesn't as well. Datsyuk calls Semin "soul guy" and also speaks very warmly about Ovechkin. They also played in the same line in the Worlds.

Where I said that I don't like Semin? I just never heard that Datsyuk is friends with either of them. Nor I have ever heard about any conflicts between them. They probably get along just fine, but that's it. I just meant that it's somewhat wrong to say that all Russians are great pals. And really... playing on the same line is meaningless. Coaches decide with whom they should play.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:27 AM
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerbullet View Post
Where I said that I don't like Semin? I just never heard that Datsyuk is friends with either of them. Nor I have ever heard about any conflicts between them. They probably get along just fine, but that's it. I just meant that it's somewhat wrong to say that all Russians are great pals. And really... playing on the same line is meaningless. Coaches decide with whom they should play.
It's not meaningless, hard to imagine any players disliking each other in Bilyaletdinov's team, especially on the same line. He has a history of dealing with such cases.

They may not be best friends as their personalities are different, but all team Russia players usually say they are buddies with all of each other.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:43 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

It would be stupid to sign Russians just because of Datsyuk. It's not like there aren't Russians in the Detroit metro he could hang out with etc. if he wanted to do so, there's Russian restaurants and so forth as well. You can put the team full of Russians and there'd still be more of them in Moscow. Detroit won't ever be "home", so if he wants to finish his career at home, that would be a fact of life.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:14 PM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It would be stupid to sign Russians just because of Datsyuk. It's not like there aren't Russians in the Detroit metro he could hang out with etc. if he wanted to do so, there's Russian restaurants and so forth as well. You can put the team full of Russians and there'd still be more of them in Moscow. Detroit won't ever be "home", so if he wants to finish his career at home, that would be a fact of life.
Let's not pretend that Semin is a random player, who would only have been signed by Detroit because he happens to be a compatriot of Datsyuk. Semin is a very skilled player, whose citizenship obviously led NHL teams to be more critical of signing him.

Gruß,
BSHH

Old
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
chances14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHH View Post
Semin is a very skilled player, whose citizenship obviously led NHL teams to be more critical of signing him.
or maybe it's because he's been known to take games off and his less than stellar play in the defensive zone

Old
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
or maybe it's because he's been known to take games off and his less than stellar play in the defensive zone
Semin isn't awful defensively, he's average. That's a myth.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeytownOverhaul View Post
Agreed WW87. For the life of me can't figure out why Holland wouldn't get a fellow Russian for Pav. Semin would've been perfect too, reasonable price for his skill and small term. I'd absolutely have taken him for what the Canes got him for. With Pav I think we'd have seen his better side as well.

Holland keeps bringing in Swedes and Czech's because we have good swede and czech leadership and create a good culture and make things comfortable. Why not 1 Russian for Pav? Especially as vocal as Pav has been about wanting more russians on the team and his remarks about missing Russia. I honestly, speculatively, don't think he'll resign after this contract.
i don't follow these things very much, but when has datsyuk said he wants more russians on the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricelund View Post
Isn't it possible that Datsyuk doesn't like Semin?
yes

Old
01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Datsyuk would definitely prefer not wasting his last remaining good years feeding the puck to Bertuzzi.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Semin isn't awful defensively, he's average. That's a myth.
Yes.. when he wants. One of the better players D wise for Caps during the playoffs last year.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Semin would be a big improvement for the roster but he wouldn't put this team over the top and hence you could question the wisdom of the investment. There's little point in spending loads of money to go from average to above average.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:31 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Semin would be a big improvement for the roster but he wouldn't put this team over the top and hence you could question the wisdom of the investment. There's little point in spending loads of money to go from average to above average.
I disagree, if it makes your team better and is only a one-year deal, there's no downside to the signing, even if it doesn't put you over the top.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:39 PM
icKx
Subtle interference

Quote:
So you didn't want Suter either?

Old
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
The Caps didn't have good veteran core, they're young and sometimes Semin would look atrocious or invisible or have freak injuries that he seemed to belabor. On the Red Wings, I'm sure Datsyuk would have him reigned in and he would have been an exceptional player.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:09 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
So you didn't want Suter either?
See, if you talked about Suter and Semin we'd be talking. We definitely need better D to compete and signing Semin alone doesn't change that, similarly signing just a D-man to replace Lidstrom might not be enough either given how toothless our forwards have been often.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Henkka

There's no Datsyuk at CSKA's lineup today. I think the magician has left the building.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
drmagg

Good for Wings. He needs to keep his energy

Old
01-08-2013, 09:44 AM
ford42

this man is a damn freak!

Old
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
HockeyGuy1975

The Datsyuk in some of those KHL videos looks a few years younger. I think the break and playing in the KHL was rejuvenating for him. Not sure if he can keep that spirit when he gets back though.

As far as his relationship with Ovi and Semin, as someone living in the DC area, I can say with certainty that the three of them made plans to spend together after the Wings' last game tin DC. Doubt they would reach out to each other before the game and make plans for post-game if they were anything but friends.

Old
01-08-2013, 07:18 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1975 View Post
The Datsyuk in some of those KHL videos looks a few years younger. I think the break and playing in the KHL was rejuvenating for him. Not sure if he can keep that spirit when he gets back though.

As far as his relationship with Ovi and Semin, as someone living in the DC area, I can say with certainty that the three of them made plans to spend together after the Wings' last game tin DC. Doubt they would reach out to each other before the game and make plans for post-game if they were anything but friends.
He'll need that energy when he finishes his career in the KHL

Old
01-08-2013, 07:35 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Igor Kleyner ‏@IgorKleyner

KHL pres Medvedev makes case that existing NHL contracts may not be binding because they are under new CBA, thus players may walk if chose

UPDATE:
Quote:
KHL President Medvedev **Taken from Slava Malamud's Twitter**

"There is no reason to fear (IIHF's sanctions against players who decide to stay)"

"NHL's opinion of itself is so high... OK, let them get drunk on their greatness. We'll see how many Euros look our way"

"Our league will act according to our own and international rules. If players decide to stay, we will help them."

"Number of players have either decided to stay or are looking into it.. Can't divulge their names, will cause speculation"

"Some players asked their NHL teams to stay for the (KHL) All-Star Game, but were denied. The selfishness is understandable"

Not good... Lets hope Pavs stays committed to Detroit.

I know he loves it there but ripping off your team that has done so much for you would be pretty classless. That being said, he could quite possibly come to Detroit this season.

I don't know how my perception of him would change if he stays.

Last edited by The Nose: 01-08-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Not good... Lets hope Pavs stays committed to Detroit.

I know he loves it there but ripping off your team that has done so much for you would be pretty classless. That being said, he could quite possibly come to Detroit this season.

I don't know how my perception of him would change if he stays.
Datsyuk's my favorite player in the NHL by far. But if he were to walk out on the Wings, he would be dead to me. This is all just speculation. Pavel's an intelligent man of strong character. He won't leave us yet.

Old
01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
joe89

I get the feeling Kovy is the one most inclined to stay in Russia and then they drag Pavel, Malkin and who else into it to make it sound more threatening. Ovechkin was supposedly in that group of Russian players aswell and he was one of the first players to jump on a plane back.. So much for that.

Closed Thread