HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is untouchable?

View Poll Results: Who do you not want traded?
Matt Read 37 48.68%
Brayden Schenn 59 77.63%
Wayne Simmonds 20 26.32%
Jakub Voracek 40 52.63%
James Van Riemsdyk 26 34.21%
Matt Carle 5 6.58%
Marc-Andre Bourdon 4 5.26%
Erik Gustafsson 7 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-13-2012, 05:04 PM
bryzgalovsky*

vCash: 500
I can't imagine Bryzgalov, Bobrovsky, Giroux, Hartnell, Briere Jagr, Talbot, Couturier, Timonen, Coburn, or Meszaros going anywhere.

So out of the rest of these players, who else would you least like to see traded? Vote for as many players as you want.

We have a long time to discuss this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull 3h
If #Flyers make a move, it's unlikely to happen until closer to Feb. 27 trade deadline, I'm told.

Last edited by bryzgalovsky*: 01-13-2012 at 05:11 PM.
bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'd say the only untouchables are Giroux, Jagr, and Couturier. If someone inquired about any other player I think they would listen. They would probably ask the moon for some players to effectively make them untouchable, but I think they would at least listen if someone called about JVR, Bob, Voracek, etc.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:09 PM
HartsyMania
What, me worry?

It gets me pretty excited to see such a strong list of rookies that I can't decide on a player that I would want to keep the most.

I like Read and Courterier a lot, though.... Hard to pick between the two, especially since they're both so young and have already shown so much potential IN the NHL, not just as prospects.

HartsyMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:10 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd say the only untouchables are Giroux, Jagr, and Couturier. If someone inquired about any other player I think they would listen. They would probably ask the moon for some players to effectively make them untouchable, but I think they would at least listen if someone called about JVR, Bob, Voracek, etc.
So you'd be willing to give up any of the players in the poll?

Old
01-13-2012, 05:18 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
So you'd be willing to give up any of the players in the poll?
When I responded I don't think the poll was up. Haha. Depending on who was coming back though I wouldn't have a problem dealing any of them. I don't necessarily want to trade any of them (I picked Schenn as the player I least want traded) but if the right package came back I'd do it. This team has a serious defense problem. If the Flyers can swing a deal for a heavy hitter like Weber or Suter (or even this possible Schenn for JvR swap) I think I would be ok with losing one of those players. Again, it would all depend on the return and I am not saying we should necessarily be shopping any of them, but if the right deal came about I'd do it.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:26 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyEye View Post
It gets me pretty excited to see such a strong list of rookies that I can't decide on a player that I would want to keep the most.

I like Read and Courterier a lot, though.... Hard to pick between the two, especially since they're both so young and have already shown so much potential IN the NHL, not just as prospects.
Read is 25 and will be turning 26 this June. Couts just turned 19. Only Briere, Hartnell, Jagr and Talbot are older then Read among the forward corps. I'd be ok with moving Read but not Couturier. But since Couturier is not on the poll I went with Schenn AND JVR. Unless it's Weber/Suter I don't want to move either of those two.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 01-13-2012 at 05:38 PM.
FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:44 PM
cheesesteak

I choose Schenn, Voracek, and JVR.

cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM

vCash: 50
I keep Giroux, Couts, Read, Hartnell and Voracek no matter what. The rest are available....for the right price.

I'd also probably keep JVR because his value is lower than his worth right now.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

The way I look at it is that unless some nice fit blockbuster trade for a Forward, the trade will be for D-man... That said, I'm thinking that there is a good chance a D-man will going the other way.

With that thinking I eliminated selecting from the poll the last three players on the poll (D-men) and one Forward who could bring a major high profile D-man that the Flyers would want (one D-man and he Forward being moved)... So I picked the two young prospects (MAB & Gus)
and Carle who is not signed yet and would be a good Cap move when bringing in a higher contract, such as Suter and Weber would be.

With them I picked JvR to be the one Forward who could be the main cog in prying away a Major D-man for the stretch AND beyond... I would not deal without an agreement in place for an extension, especially Suter who is a UFA after THIS season... Weber will be an RFA, so he control would be there, but for only one season... IMO; no extension/no deal involving JvR.

So, I selected the first four wanting them to develop with the other young Forwards and the older untouchable ones with Clauses.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:10 PM
FlyersFan61290

Just looked at the poll results.....wow.

"Who do you not want traded?" or the title of the thread "Who is untouchable?" and Bourdon has a vote, Read has 6 and Simmonds has 7. I mean I like Read and Simmonds as much as the next guy but to upgrade our D you guys wouldn't trade them? But JVR only has 3 even though his trade value is probably at an all time low. I really really don't get some of you guys.

Old
01-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Esq.

Not one of the players listed in the poll is untouchable.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post

"Who do you not want traded?" or the title of the thread "Who is untouchable?" and Bourdon has a vote, Read has 5 and Simmonds has 7. I mean I like Read and Simmonds as much as the next guy but to upgrade our D you guys wouldn't trade them? But JVR only has 3 even though his trade value is probably at an all time low. I really really don't get some of you guys.
sorry, i should have titled the thread more appropriately

the untouchable thing was in regards to the first sentence, the poll is just who people would like to keep

Old
01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

I keep Giroux, Schenn and Couturier. Everyone else could be had for the right price.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Danglous

Nobody is 100% untouchable. Homer will listen to all offers and if he likes it he will take it. Its obviously going to have to be a huge return and in our favor to send someone like Giroux or Couts packing though which most likely would never happen.

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:16 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
sorry, i should have titled the thread more appropriately

the untouchable thing was in regards to the first sentence, the poll is just who people would like to keep
makes much more sense, thnx. still really dont see why people are so high on some player but maybe thats just me

Old
01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
czechmate25

Not hanging on to Voracek would be a major mistake IMO.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:24 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
makes much more sense, thnx. still really dont see why people are so high on some player but maybe thats just me
i voted for simmonds and not jvr just because recent trade rumors make it seem like any trade we do will involve jvr

if something gets done i don't see him staying

Old
01-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

"Who do you not want traded?" or the title of the thread "Who is untouchable?" and Bourdon has a vote, Read has 6 and Simmonds has 7. I mean I like Read and Simmonds as much as the next guy but to upgrade our D you guys wouldn't trade them? But JVR only has 3 even though his trade value is probably at an all time low. I really really don't get some of you guys.
Don't get me wrong... for the right player I'd move any of them... I was going by the logic I outlined, and I'd bet all the people's choices were also based on similar reasoning.

The ones on the list are not untouchable nor do they have any restricting contract clauses... That said, I'd really hate to move Schenn or Read before I was sure they weren't going to be major stars in the League... and I'd only move JvR before he blossoms because he could be the pawn who could get us the major D-man the Team needs.

Old
01-13-2012, 06:40 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

No one on this poll, or even this team.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:47 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Don't get me wrong... for the right player I'd move any of them... I was going by the logic I outlined, and I'd bet all the people's choices were also based on similar reasoning.

The ones on the list are not untouchable nor do they have any restricting contract clauses... That said, I'd really hate to move Schenn or Read before I was sure they weren't going to be major stars in the League... and I'd only move JvR before he blossoms because he could be the pawn who could get us the major D-man the Team needs.
Quote:
i voted for simmonds and not jvr just because recent trade rumors make it seem like any trade we do will involve jvr

if something gets done i don't see him staying
ok, i understand and respect your reasoning(s) I just don't think I agree with it/them. But hey that what these boards are for right for fans to come together and discuss things like this.

I just re-read my initial post i my have come across a little hard with the "wow"s and the "i don't understand" blah blah blah but i just want to make it clear i didn't mean to be a jack@ss about it. i really can't stand it when people just down your throat on these boards just cause you don't see things the same way.

anyway, personally i would only want to move Jake, JVR or Schenn in a package for Weber/Suter. Others on the list I would be way more open to moving but honestly unless its Bourdon I wouldn't move them for a rental player either. I really believe that with a low level prospect and low draft pick a decent rental D-man can be had. Then its just a matter of the personnel playing the system and tightening up on D. You know what I mean? Like i don't see how L. Schenn coming in stops the whole team from playing like **** in the late stages of the game.

Old
01-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
ok, i understand and respect your reasoning(s) I just don't think I agree with it/them. But hey that what these boards are for right for fans to come together and discuss things like this.

I just re-read my initial post i my have come across a little hard with the "wow"s and the "i don't understand" blah blah blah but i just want to make it clear i didn't mean to be a jack@ss about it. i really can't stand it when people just down your throat on these boards just cause you don't see things the same way.

anyway, personally i would only want to move Jake, JVR or Schenn in a package for Weber/Suter. Others on the list I would be way more open to moving but honestly unless its Bourdon I wouldn't move them for a rental player either. I really believe that with a low level prospect and low draft pick a decent rental D-man can be had. Then its just a matter of the personnel playing the system and tightening up on D. You know what I mean? Like i don't see how L. Schenn coming in stops the whole team from playing like **** in the late stages of the game.
Yea, we are here to discuss and there really are no right nor wrong answers... Your points are well taken.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Tripod

I love the idea of having these forwards in our top 9:
Giroux
JVR
Couts
Schenn
Read
Simmonds

So young...so much potential

Crap..forgot Jake!!!
Keep these guys unless we can get a young #1-2 D-man

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
out of that list, none IMO if the offer is right. but i think trying to pry read, schenn, voracek or JVR from us will take a lot

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Just thinking... after last July, can we really call anyone without an active Clause 'untouchable'?... They are all assets and assets between Organizations can be interchangeable... if they fit into needed slots.

And sometimes even players with No Trade Clauses can be moved... Homer told us at a STH Town Hall Meeting that a player with a clause can be pulled aside and tactfully told that they were not wanted on the team any longer and there was no place for them to play and asked if there was any way it can be worked out; they would understand and then they could go from there (greatly paraphrased)... He was even asked about a specific player and responded using that player in the example -- I will not mention the player, but I will say that Homer will not be asked about him the next Town Meeting -- So given the needs of the team, as we found out with the Captain and Gunner last July, any player can be moved if the return leads them in the direction they want to go.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:55 PM
bryzgalovsky*

i think there are untouchable people

i'm pretty sure richards and carter were traded because they refused to play in laviolette's system and because we needed goaltending

i would bet money that giroux and couturier never get traded unless their performance becomes much worse, who could we possibly get that's worth giroux?