HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The group of defensemen

Old
01-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I just still don't understand the constant bringing up of O'byrne as some sort of Demi-god. When he was here everyone on this board hated him because he was flat out terrible.
He was never terrible. He had some ups and downs but JM never had any patience with him and would rather play veterans. With young players you have to be patient with them, PK this year is an example, Emelin also(though we are breaking in too many kids right now).

I don't think OB should have necessarily played every game but he should have played 75-80% of games and not benched for full games as soon as he made a mistake. I think he was perfectly suited for a #4-5-6 big/mean stay at home role.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
My friend and I were just discussing in general how back in the day 5'11" Koivu was considered a small player for us. Now a days he would be considered to be average size

Now maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn we were bigger
Koivu is about 5'9" but listed at 5'10".

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote