HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter, Drozdetsky, White

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2004, 02:53 PM
marco389

vCash: 500
Carter, Drozdetsky, White

is Jeff Carter, Alexander Drozdetsky, Peter White as signed

sorry for my english

Old
10-10-2004, 03:07 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco389
is Jeff Carter, Alexander Drozdetsky, Peter White as signed

sorry for my english
Carter is not signed although he will most likely be signed once the lockout has ended.

Drozdetsky hasn't signed in North America yet and it is uncertain if he will ever play on this side of the pond.

I guess White is signed, he's not really a prospect though. He's 35 years old.

Old
10-10-2004, 03:42 PM
pelts35.com

Peter White was a healthy scratch in each of the Phantoms preseason games and will, most likely, be wearing the A once again this season.

Fly would be correct in that he certainly isn't a prospect at this point. It certainly helps when Bob Clarke is his father-in-law.

Old
10-10-2004, 04:03 PM
flyersrock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
Peter White was a healthy scratch in each of the Phantoms preseason games and will, most likely, be wearing the A once again this season.

Fly would be correct in that he certainly isn't a prospect at this point. It certainly helps when Bob Clarke is his father-in-law.
Father-in-law or not he has shipped him off once already.

Old
10-10-2004, 04:10 PM
paxtang

White has good playmaking skills for the AHL level. I have on problem with him playing for the Phantoms.

Old
10-10-2004, 05:40 PM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersrock1
And he has been a very productive player for the Phantoms. Certainly the kind of guy you want on your farm team.

Old
10-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersrock1
I vaguely remember this deal.

Wasn't White was "loaned" to Chicago, then he signed there once his contract expired?

Anyway, doesn't matter since nobody would ever trade for Peter White now. He's a good vet AHL'er who can teach the kids. A team full of just young prospects is not a good idea.

Old
10-10-2004, 06:26 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
I vaguely remember this deal.

Wasn't White was "loaned" to Chicago, then he signed there once his contract expired?

Anyway, doesn't matter since nobody would ever trade for Peter White now. He's a good vet AHL'er who can teach the kids. A team full of just young prospects is not a good idea.
I also vaguely remember this deal. If I remember correctly, White signed with Chicago as a free agent after the 00-01 season. He split time with Chicago and Norfolk in the 01-02 season. He was then traded by Chicago back to Philadelphia in the 02-03 season for future considerations.

He's definitely a good guy to have for the younger players as he is a proven scorer in the AHL. Probably will end up as a coach once he retires.

Old
10-10-2004, 08:36 PM
flyersrock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I also vaguely remember this deal. If I remember correctly, White signed with Chicago as a free agent after the 00-01 season. He split time with Chicago and Norfolk in the 01-02 season. He was then traded by Chicago back to Philadelphia in the 02-03 season for future considerations.

He's definitely a good guy to have for the younger players as he is a proven scorer in the AHL. Probably will end up as a coach once he retires.
I think Clarkie will give the boy an office job. And he is a very good minor league player. 667 games and 738 points, plus kick in 220 NHL games. He was signed by Chicago Sept 01 as a free agent and then traded back in March 03 for the famous future considerations.

Last edited by flyersrock1: 10-10-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Closed Thread