HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter, Drozdetsky, White

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2004, 02:53 PM
  #1
marco389
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Carter, Drozdetsky, White

is Jeff Carter, Alexander Drozdetsky, Peter White as signed

sorry for my english

marco389 is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 03:07 PM
  #2
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco389
is Jeff Carter, Alexander Drozdetsky, Peter White as signed

sorry for my english
Carter is not signed although he will most likely be signed once the lockout has ended.

Drozdetsky hasn't signed in North America yet and it is uncertain if he will ever play on this side of the pond.

I guess White is signed, he's not really a prospect though. He's 35 years old.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 03:42 PM
  #3
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Peter White was a healthy scratch in each of the Phantoms preseason games and will, most likely, be wearing the A once again this season.

Fly would be correct in that he certainly isn't a prospect at this point. It certainly helps when Bob Clarke is his father-in-law.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 04:03 PM
  #4
flyersrock1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
Peter White was a healthy scratch in each of the Phantoms preseason games and will, most likely, be wearing the A once again this season.

Fly would be correct in that he certainly isn't a prospect at this point. It certainly helps when Bob Clarke is his father-in-law.
Father-in-law or not he has shipped him off once already.

flyersrock1 is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 04:10 PM
  #5
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
White has good playmaking skills for the AHL level. I have on problem with him playing for the Phantoms.

paxtang is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 05:40 PM
  #6
IronMarshal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Langhorne, PA
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersrock1
Father-in-law or not he has shipped him off once already.
And he has been a very productive player for the Phantoms. Certainly the kind of guy you want on your farm team.

IronMarshal is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 05:48 PM
  #7
Toonces
The beer kitty
 
Toonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersrock1
Father-in-law or not he has shipped him off once already.
I vaguely remember this deal.

Wasn't White was "loaned" to Chicago, then he signed there once his contract expired?

Anyway, doesn't matter since nobody would ever trade for Peter White now. He's a good vet AHL'er who can teach the kids. A team full of just young prospects is not a good idea.

Toonces is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 06:26 PM
  #8
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
I vaguely remember this deal.

Wasn't White was "loaned" to Chicago, then he signed there once his contract expired?

Anyway, doesn't matter since nobody would ever trade for Peter White now. He's a good vet AHL'er who can teach the kids. A team full of just young prospects is not a good idea.
I also vaguely remember this deal. If I remember correctly, White signed with Chicago as a free agent after the 00-01 season. He split time with Chicago and Norfolk in the 01-02 season. He was then traded by Chicago back to Philadelphia in the 02-03 season for future considerations.

He's definitely a good guy to have for the younger players as he is a proven scorer in the AHL. Probably will end up as a coach once he retires.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 08:36 PM
  #9
flyersrock1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I also vaguely remember this deal. If I remember correctly, White signed with Chicago as a free agent after the 00-01 season. He split time with Chicago and Norfolk in the 01-02 season. He was then traded by Chicago back to Philadelphia in the 02-03 season for future considerations.

He's definitely a good guy to have for the younger players as he is a proven scorer in the AHL. Probably will end up as a coach once he retires.
I think Clarkie will give the boy an office job. And he is a very good minor league player. 667 games and 738 points, plus kick in 220 NHL games. He was signed by Chicago Sept 01 as a free agent and then traded back in March 03 for the famous future considerations.


Last edited by flyersrock1: 10-10-2004 at 08:40 PM.
flyersrock1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.