HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

E.Johnson, D.Jones, T.Barrie, C.Pickard

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2012, 08:30 PM
  #26
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,816
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
Well aren't all Vancouver Fans, also fans of Colorado fans? Come on it isn't like there's ever been bad blood or something between the two teams let alone the fans

As a Vancouver would love EJ doubt we could afford him unless we are giving up way too much (ie. Edler or Kesler as I believe that is what Colorado would want) Closest reasonable trade offer from a Vancouver Standpoint would be Hodgson (who can play wing), Ballard, and 1st round pick for EJ and a salary dump. Which I wouldn't do as a Canuck fan as I think Hodgson is going to be doing big things when he does finish developing he is on pace for a 18 Goal 45 Point rookie year playing about 3rd line minutes (10 to 15 minutes a night) and has been creating a lot of chances on pretty much every night. He will be a solid replacement as 2nd line C when Henrik retires.

In truth Vancouver and Colorado aren't the greatest of trade partners. Unless it is smaller deal like Ballard and a pick for like Ryan Wilson and David Jones.
Don't want anything to do with Ballard plus Wilson is playing really well so I doubt we trade him. Jones can be had for a pick or a prospect but I doubt he would be much of an improvement over the Canucks' top 9 forwards.

I would love to do Hansen for Jones but I highly doubt that the Canucks do that.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:31 PM
  #27
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,373
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
Lol at Avs fans getting mad at Blues fans. Two guys have talked down about EJ and judging by their post count, and the fact I rarely see them on the Blues board, I would hardly call them Blues fans. And from what I've noticed, Blues fans hardly downplay Johnson. We are just giving our honest opinion about him and some of it might be a little exaggerated, just like how Avs fans keep claiming Shatty can't play defense and Stewie is a floater. Sure, maybe some Blues fans scan for EJ threads, but don't act like Avs fans don't scan for Stewart threads. It goes both ways, don't act like Blues fans are the only one at fault here.

And for this Goulet guy, when has a Bkues fan EVER claimed any of that. Seriously, stop putting words in our mouth, you only make yourself look childish.
Wow this thread turned in record time. Good job everyone.

While it's true it goes both way but it a lot worse on your end. Especially, the infest of rats that come to the avs board when the Blues play the avs. FWIW Stewart is a lazy floater but Shatty isn't bad defensively.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:34 PM
  #28
BigHabs
Registered User
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,759
vCash: 500
I would be interested in Jones or Galiardi for the Habs.

I haven't seen much of Galiardi since before Christmas, we used to be in Sacco's dog house. Have things changed lately?

What do the Avs want possibly from the Habs for Jones?

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:36 PM
  #29
Brentwood1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Wow this thread turned in record time. Good job everyone.

While it's true it goes both way but it a lot worse on your end. Especially, the infest of rats that come to the avs board when the Blues play the avs. FWIW Stewart is a lazy floater but Shatty isn't bad defensively.
FWIW you guys should also trade EJ for a decent return before his value tanks any further. Because what you see from him right now, is what he is, nothing special...

Brentwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
  #30
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Wow this thread turned in record time. Good job everyone.

While it's true it goes both way but it a lot worse on your end. Especially, the infest of rats that come to the avs board when the Blues play the avs. FWIW Stewart is a lazy floater but Shatty isn't bad defensively.
I hardly think so. Please name to me all these rats that come on your board, because most Blues are quite rational in their speaking. The number of Avs fans on HF is way higher than the amount of Blues fans, and with that higher total comes more smack talking from your end. Their will always be some accounts of bashing and smack talking, but to say its a lot worse on our end is ridiculous. And FWIW Stewart has been playing much better of late.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
  #31
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
I would be interested in Jones or Galiardi for the Habs.

I haven't seen much of Galiardi since before Christmas, we used to be in Sacco's dog house. Have things changed lately?

What do the Avs want possibly from the Habs for Jones?
Once Duchene is back and Mueller has shown he can last a handful of games, I could see Jones being traded. He's struggling a bit this season and I can't imagine he'll cost more than a 3rd round pick.

Things change fast with the Avs. Jones might be a scratch of a first line RW next week.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
  #32
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,373
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
FWIW you guys should also trade EJ for a decent return before his value tanks any further. Because what you see from him right now, is what he is, nothing special...
Fine by me.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:41 PM
  #33
Loso
Registered User
 
Loso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Going to take more than that.
What are your team needs positionally? Do you want futures, presents or both? One-two high-end pieces or a solid 3-4 player package? Any money issues?

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:45 PM
  #34
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,373
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
I hardly think so. Please name to me all these rats that come on your board, because most Blues are quite rational in their speaking. The number of Avs fans on HF is way higher than the amount of Blues fans, and with that higher total comes more smack talking from your end. Their will always be some accounts of bashing and smack talking, but to say its a lot worse on our end is ridiculous. And FWIW Stewart has been playing much better of late.
Well Ejoshie was the king of this but he has been MIA recently. The other posts have been deleted by our mods.

Even some of the regular posters on your board told them to stop( I read your board a lot, just never post). I'm not trying to single you bacheesh, I never noticed you making retard claims about the avs before. Not all Blues fans are like this but a lot of them are, which is weird considering they are a minority on this board.

How long to think Stewy will play this way? He will be back to his old ways in no time. Never questioned his talent, just his heart.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:49 PM
  #35
Brentwood1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Fine by me.
I honestly hope it works out for you guys, I've hung out with him a couple times and he's a good kid.

Another subject, how about Berglund, Schwartz, and a salary dump to offset the salary difference (ie Cola) for Stastny?

Brentwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:51 PM
  #36
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,776
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Well Ejoshie was the king of this but he has been MIA recently. The other posts have been deleted by our mods.

Even some of the regular posters on your board told them to stop( I read your board a lot, just never post). I'm not trying to single you bacheesh, I never noticed you making retard claims about the avs before. Not all Blues fans are like this but a lot of them are, which is weird considering they are a minority on this board.

How long to think Stewy will play this way? He will be back to his old ways in no time. Never questioned his talent, just his heart.
Every fan base has those fans.

I think the evaluations from each side of the trade is true. What Avs fans said about Stewart seem to be true and the couple things that Blues fans had issues with in Johnson's game seem to still be there. At the time Avs fans seemed to be more upset about losing Shattenkirk also seems to be true. There is no point in making this another pissing match between fan bases again. I think most or at least a good portion of Blues fans are interested in Johnson's career, whether it turns out good or bad just because he was our #1 pick, we aren't just trolling his threads.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:09 PM
  #37
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,373
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Every fan base has those fans.

I think the evaluations from each side of the trade is true. What Avs fans said about Stewart seem to be true and the couple things that Blues fans had issues with in Johnson's game seem to still be there. At the time Avs fans seemed to be more upset about losing Shattenkirk also seems to be true. There is no point in making this another pissing match between fan bases again. I think most or at least a good portion of Blues fans are interested in Johnson's career, whether it turns out good or bad just because he was our #1 pick, we aren't just trolling his threads.
That's fine that the point of a message board. We have this cap fan hanging around our board all the time discussing Varly and the avs. What annoys me and I think a lot of avs is the comments like EJ sucks or were just praising his play to make our selves feel better about the trade.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:21 PM
  #38
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,816
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
I honestly hope it works out for you guys, I've hung out with him a couple times and he's a good kid.

Another subject, how about Berglund, Schwartz, and a salary dump to offset the salary difference (ie Cola) for Stastny?
I am Stastny's biggest fan but I wouldn't totally mind that although instead of Cola I would rather have a better forward. The reason for a better forward would be because if you guys got Stastny than you would get 2 stars with Stewart and Stastny.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:23 PM
  #39
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,816
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripe4theSnipe View Post
What are your team needs positionally? Do you want futures, presents or both? One-two high-end pieces or a solid 3-4 player package? Any money issues?
Wingers and a #1 d-man. So it makes no sense to move EJ.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:28 PM
  #40
Brentwood1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I am Stastny's biggest fan but I wouldn't totally mind that although instead of Cola I would rather have a better forward. The reason for a better forward would be because if you guys got Stastny than you would get 2 stars with Stewart and Stastny.
We could throw in Grachev who
has quite a history with Duchene
back in the minors, but you'd still
have to take Cola to offset $$$.
We could use Stastny to reignite
Stewie, but we're also broke so we'd have to send salary back...


Last edited by Brentwood1: 01-13-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Brentwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:55 PM
  #41
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,816
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
We could throw in Grachev who
has quite a history with Duchene
back in the minors, but you'd still
have to take Cola to offset $$$.
We could use Stastny to reignite
Stewie, but we're also broke so we'd have to send salary back...
What I meant was the roster forward instead of Cola.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:59 PM
  #42
Loso
Registered User
 
Loso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post
We could throw in Grachev who
has quite a history with Duchene
back in the minors, but you'd still
have to take Cola to offset $$$.
We could use Stastny to reignite
Stewie, but we're also broke so we'd have to send salary back...
is this a poem?

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:15 PM
  #43
jped86
Registered User
 
jped86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Guelph
Country: Norway
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I am Stastny's biggest fan but I wouldn't totally mind that although instead of Cola I would rather have a better forward. The reason for a better forward would be because if you guys got Stastny than you would get 2 stars with Stewart and Stastny.

I absolutely hated the trade from the avs point of view at first. I was ready to go to Colorado and burn Sherman alive, but this season has changed my opinion of it a lot. EJ is playing quite well and we got to add Siemens to our prospect pool. Stewart was one of my favorite players when he was traded, and i have to admit I don't want to see him play like crap.

I think EJ takes a lot of crap because of offensive numbers, but he is not necessarily an offensive dman. He doesnt need to put up large numbers to be effective on the ice, whereas a offensive dman like Green isn't being effective if he isn't putting up numbers.

I see a lot of leaf games living outside Toronto and i would not trade EJ with Schenn being the main component coming back.

jped86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:05 PM
  #44
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,639
vCash: 50
Young d-men wise, the only one I'd consider trading EJ for is Doughty. No others after that.

On topic though, the only players I'd trade EJ for are untouchable... **** picks and prospects for our best player.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:15 PM
  #45
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"
 
coolhandluke2410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Young d-men wise, the only one I'd consider trading EJ for is Doughty. No others after that.

On topic though, the only players I'd trade EJ for are untouchable... **** picks and prospects for our best player.
I love EJ, but that's taking it a bit far

coolhandluke2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:28 PM
  #46
Goulet17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
Lol at Avs fans getting mad at Blues fans. Two guys have talked down about EJ and judging by their post count, and the fact I rarely see them on the Blues board, I would hardly call them Blues fans. And from what I've noticed, Blues fans hardly downplay Johnson. We are just giving our honest opinion about him and some of it might be a little exaggerated, just like how Avs fans keep claiming Shatty can't play defense and Stewie is a floater. Sure, maybe some Blues fans scan for EJ threads, but don't act like Avs fans don't scan for Stewart threads. It goes both ways, don't act like Blues fans are the only one at fault here.

And for this Goulet guy, when has a Bkues fan EVER claimed any of that. Seriously, stop putting words in our mouth, you only make yourself look childish.
The irony is rather rich in your post.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:09 AM
  #47
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Do you Blues fans scan the internet for mentions of Erik Johnson so you can, unasked, share your views on him? It's not healthy behavior.
I'm just going to point out that Blues fans only showed up after someone called "avsfan9" in post #10 started talking about Shattenkirk as a way of negatively comparing him to EJ. Personally, I clicked on the thread to see if Avs fans were really investigating EJ's trade value. I have an EJ jersey and I root for the guy.

So please, spare us your outrage.

For the record, Shattenkirk has made great strides defensively this year and is not the one-way d-man he's been billed as. Just being factual, since he's playing huge minutes in all situations and getting plenty of top assignments. He's not on the defensive shut down level of Pietrangelo but few defensemen in the NHL are, as that kid is a prodigy with a gifted hockey IQ and incredible stick. Personally, I do think it's now accurate to call Shattenkirk the best player in the trade, and I've seen most of EJ's games in the NHL and more than a few in Colorado. As for the Blues-Avs fan bad blood on discussing this trade, I think time will clarify the argument and in the meantime Avs fans insist they're happy and Blues fans insist they're happy so why argue?

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:16 AM
  #48
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
^ He didn't bring it up out of nowhere. He responded to a troll from earlier in the thread.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:33 AM
  #49
BlueDream
Registered User
 
BlueDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,677
vCash: 500
Oh dear lord. I'm a Blues fan but other Blues fans, PLEASE shut the **** up about this debate. It's already been discussed. Not sure why you guys think there will be a different outcome this time.

Right when I saw this thread I was praying that Blues fans weren't going to be posting in it but that wish was shattered midway through the 1st page.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:36 AM
  #50
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
^ He didn't bring it up out of nowhere. He responded to a troll from earlier in the thread.
Fair enough, but Blues fans didn't show up until after that got introduced, and then one Blues fan (who doesn't post on the Blues board almost ever) responded. Then it was "Blues fans always do this and that" and just thought it was unnecessary and in this case certainly inaccurate.

I believe you won't find any Avs fans who'd trade EJ for Shattenkirk straight up, and I know you won't find any Blues fans who'd trade Shattenkirk for EJ straight up, even ones like me who root for EJ. It seems both groups of fans love the new defenseman better than the old defenseman. Because that's true, both sets of fans passionately (and in good faith, usually) describe the play of the new acquisition whenever someone on the other side talks that player down. What sucks about that is if both fans love the new guy why can't we just call it a win-win and leave it at that?

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.