HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

E.Johnson, D.Jones, T.Barrie, C.Pickard

Old
01-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

vCash: 50
I will trade you my pidgey, bellsprout and a rattata for your charizard.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Fair enough, but Blues fans didn't show up until after that got introduced, and then one Blues fan (who doesn't post on the Blues board almost ever) responded. Then it was "Blues fans always do this and that" and just thought it was unnecessary and in this case certainly inaccurate.

I believe you won't find any Avs fans who'd trade EJ for Shattenkirk straight up, and I know you won't find any Blues fans who'd trade Shattenkirk for EJ straight up, even ones like me who root for EJ. It seems both groups of fans love the new defenseman better than the old defenseman. Because that's true, both sets of fans passionately (and in good faith, usually) describe the play of the new acquisition whenever someone on the other side talks that player down. What sucks about that is if both fans love the new guy why can't we just call it a win-win and leave it at that?
Hey I'm not saying it's a debate that should be had. I don't think there was any good reason to respond to the Kesler guy either, just pointing out Avsfan wasn't trying to start crap. Personally, I get sick of every Blues-Avs thread, or EJ thread derailing into a comparison of two very different defensemen.

That said, this thread was destined to go nowhere.

EJ - Stays, he defines Sherman's tenure with the Avs.
Jones - If someone wants him for a playoff run, we'll part with him for a 2nd + mid round pick or equivalent prospect.
Barrie - Could be swapped for an equivalent forward, but makes more sense to wait for him to develop his value further.
Pickard - Can't see him having much value. Goalies are way too unpredictable at that age.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote