HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 08:49 PM
zerekstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No. I might, maybe consider Lombardi for Pyatt, and Morris.
Could Toronto afford to take back that much salary?

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:35 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerekstar View Post
Could Toronto afford to take back that much salary?
Morris' cap hit is $2.75 million and Pyatt's is $1.0 million (both according to capgeek.com). It's making more sense to explore this deal, I just don't know if C is our problem area. A LW would make more sense, but a lot of the better ones may be out of our range...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Sindiggy
STH Row 206 Row D

With Boyd Gordon holding down our #2 center position, I dare say with emphatic herculean YESSSSSSS

We need an upgrade over any of the following. Chipchura or Langkow. Preferably both.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:25 AM
BUX7PHX

Doubt this would happen, as the trade would be in-division, but would Brenden Morrow be someone we'd want to keep an eye on?

Old
02-11-2012, 03:48 AM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Doubt this would happen, as the trade would be in-division, but would Brenden Morrow be someone we'd want to keep an eye on?
Doubt he comes cheap even if he's willing to waive his NTC. I'd rather not spend significant pieces on someone Morrow's age.

If Lombardi were available and could be had for relatively cheap given his concussion history I wouldn't mind bringing him back. From what I've seen of him this year (which isn't much) it looks like the speed is still there for the most part and Boedker really needs someone that can keep up with him. Could be what he needs to get the points flowing.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:31 PM
hbk

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=20550060

old thread regarding drafting philosophy of Rick Knickle our Director of Scouting. First attribute he looks for is hockey sense.

Last edited by hbk: 02-11-2012 at 11:39 PM.
hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Totally Radivojevic

JVR, Carle for Rundblad, Klesla, 1st, 3rd?

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink the Clown View Post
JVR, Carle for Rundblad, Klesla, 1st, 3rd?
We are in no position to give up a 1st and I don't understand why the Flyers would want one.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
We are in no position to give up a 1st and I don't understand why the Flyers would want one.
Can never have too many picks, especially when we inevitably trade some at the deadline for defense.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Prongo
Beer

I didn't know Boyd Gordon was working on your 2nd line, but if you guys did happen to fall out of the race or start slipping in the standings, what would be the asking price for him? I would love to have him on the Flyers as our 4th line center.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:41 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Coyotes have twelve games left to play before the deadline. I would say we need 17 out of 24 points to really feel like we've got a shot.

8-3-1=17
7-2-3=17
6-1-5=17

Just as an idea. Basically, we need a huge run.

Edit: that only puts us at .556. That won't get us in. We'd have to go 7-2-3 in our next twelve and then still pick up like 28 points in our last twenty games. That gives us 97 points which MAYBE gets us in.
Quote:
If we don't pick up 70% of our remaining points, we won't qualify.

Keeping up that pace over thirty two games is EXTREMELY unlikely.

It's like going into the third period down by two goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
My guess is 93 or 94 points will be enough to get in this year based on how this year is shaping up.
Quote:
That'll take 65% of all remaining points. Better do 70% in the twelve games leading up to the deadline.
Seven of the twelve have been played and we are 5-1-1 in that span. That's 11/14 which is basically 80%. Our last five games before the deadline:

Kings(away), Stars(home), Kings(homes), Flames(away), Oilers(away)

Say we beat the Stars, split the Kings, and split Western Canada. That would give us 6/10. Or 17/24 from ASB to TDL, which is exactly where I said we'd need to be not to sell.

Think we can do 3-2 in the next five? I'd say it's more than possible.

All we need is six points before the deadline and we should be in decent shape.

02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Taylor Pyatt went face first into the glass last night and did not return. I'm obviously not a doctor but it sure looked a whole heck of a lot like a concussion.

Let's say he's expected to miss to miss anywhere between ten and twenty five of Phoenix's remaining twenty five games.

To TOR:
Injured, Pending UFA Taylor Pyatt

To PHX:
Matthew Lombardi

Leafs cover the roughly 250k due to Pyatt but never actually bring him into the organization. He can just chill in Phoenix and recover here before becoming UFA after the season, anyway. Never even has to set foot in Toronto if he doesn't want to.

Phoenix is on the hook for about a million to Lombardi(an extra 750k, considering Pyatt is off the books) this season. Next season, he's obviously due a hefty overpayment of like four million. Which is exactly the kind of overpayment we took on in Langkow this season, anyhow. Langkow is unrestricted this summer.

Lombardi basically replaces Pyatt this season and Langkow next season.

Phoenix wins because they get cheap depth.

Toronto wins because they clear a ton of cap space for next season.

Pyatt wins because he can recover for the rest of the season and only play in TO if he's one hundred percent ready. He's UFA anyway.

Lombardi wins because he gets to come back to the site of his last successful seasons. He gets to get back with Tippett and the gang that he enjoyed so much quality play with.

Thoughts?

Doan-Langkow-Brule
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Lombardi-Boedker
Torres-Gordon-Chipchura
Bissonnette

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Grimes

Not bad.

Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
hbk

Quote:
Taylor Pyatt went face first into the glass last night and did not return. I'm obviously not a doctor but it sure looked a whole heck of a lot like a concussion.

Let's say he's expected to miss to miss anywhere between ten and twenty five of Phoenix's remaining twenty five games.

To TOR:
Injured, Pending UFA Taylor Pyatt

To PHX:
Matthew Lombardi

Leafs cover the roughly 250k due to Pyatt but never actually bring him into the organization. He can just chill in Phoenix and recover here before becoming UFA after the season, anyway. Never even has to set foot in Toronto if he doesn't want to.

Phoenix is on the hook for about a million to Lombardi(an extra 750k, considering Pyatt is off the books) this season. Next season, he's obviously due a hefty overpayment of like four million. Which is exactly the kind of overpayment we took on in Langkow this season, anyhow. Langkow is unrestricted this summer.

Lombardi basically replaces Pyatt this season and Langkow next season.

Phoenix wins because they get cheap depth.

Toronto wins because they clear a ton of cap space for next season.

Pyatt wins because he can recover for the rest of the season and only play in TO if he's one hundred percent ready. He's UFA anyway.

Lombardi wins because he gets to come back to the site of his last successful seasons. He gets to get back with Tippett and the gang that he enjoyed so much quality play with.

Thoughts?

Doan-Langkow-Brule
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Lombardi-Boedker
Torres-Gordon-Chipchura
Bissonnette
Anything that gets Pyatt off this team I am in favor of.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:03 PM
MP

I'd love to see Lombardi back here, but Toronto is in 8th place. They aren't looking to sell just yet. You sure they won't want more than cap space in return?

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Evander Kane seems to be unhappy in you know where. You know where's population seems to have turned on him as well. Listening to the home feed on a Jet's away game the announcers (Leafs I think) were talking about race and the accusation that he didn't pay a restaurant tab or two, and developed a reputation.

He may thrive in a less critical social environment, like in Phoenix. I wonder what it would take for the Jets to trade him?

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM
doaner

I know it will never happen with no owner and all that jazz, but it would be awesome to land another Nash in Phoenix. We have to do something here.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I'd love to see Lombardi back here, but Toronto is in 8th place. They aren't looking to sell just yet. You sure they won't want more than cap space in return?
I'm not sure they are really utilizing him anyway. They've got kadri and the like they could be using.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
doaner

Looking like the kings are going to land Nash. Man, they are just getting more and more talent.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:54 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Evander Kane seems to be unhappy in you know where. You know where's population seems to have turned on him as well. Listening to the home feed on a Jet's away game the announcers (Leafs I think) were talking about race and the accusation that he didn't pay a restaurant tab or two, and developed a reputation.

He may thrive in a less critical social environment, like in Phoenix. I wonder what it would take for the Jets to trade him?
There aren't many players that I wouldn't trade for Kane. He's an absolute stud.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
BUX7PHX

Gotta think LW and D are what we are talking to most teams about. I also maintain that Ryan Malone of TB is one of or better options, and I think we can get him for a reasonable player/pick swap.

Any chance we can pull off a trade to bring someone back in the fold, but lose a good player, too? Yandle/Pyatt for Z. Michalek/Kunitz?

Old
02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
hbk

Quote:
Gotta think LW and D are what we are talking to most teams about. I also maintain that Ryan Malone of TB is one of or better options, and I think we can get him for a reasonable player/pick swap.

Any chance we can pull off a trade to bring someone back in the fold, but lose a good player, too? Yandle/Pyatt for Z. Michalek/Kunitz?
There is little to no chance of anyone with a NTC or NMC being willing to move into this ownership nightmare. I don't think I would move Yandle for Z. and I'm a huge fan of Z. Z's already passed on dealing with this ownership nightmare once. I don't see how coming back here is better than playing with Malkin and Crosby (when healthy) and being part of a perennial Stanley Cup threat. I just don't see it.

Draft itself is devoid of top end offensive talent and with our D prospect cupboard fairly full I see Maloney as dangling draft picks (including our 1st, two 2nd's, 2 3rds) for offensive depth. That of course assumes we are in the thick of it come deadline. We are still a two game losing streak from 12th place again.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:51 PM
BoneShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post

We have some nice D prospects I would love to see Kane come to Phoenix for Murphey and a 1st

BoneShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:53 PM
BoneShow

Quote:

Terrible trade for Phoenix. We lose our franchise player for a solid, but not outstanding d man and a winger who wouldn't put up nearly the points he does now playing with the likes of Crosby and Malkin as he would playing for us

BoneShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

What is with your obsession to have Yandle traded?!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote