HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Old
01-16-2012, 03:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
What do you guys think about brining in Ryan Malone?
He's overpaid this season but gets very reasonable after that. He's okay. I don't know that he really makes a huge difference to our current situation, though.

01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Ballard's contract is awful pricey. Are you sure that something wouldn't need to come Phoenix's way instead?

The Canucks skill is impressive but teams prey on their lack of physical play and while the Vancouver PP is a very effective I'm not sure they can last if they draw teams like Chicago and the Bruins again in the playoffs. Can they withstand a 7 game war against a physical team? I'm not sold that they can duplicate a Stanley Cup Final appearance and even less so that they can win the cup without some added grit to their lineup. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.
Yeah, I know Ballard's contract isn't great, but like I said, he's been playing decently for over a month now. If he was playing like he was at the start of the season, then yes, the Canucks would most likely have to add.

If the Canucks want to add toughness, they'll probably go after someone like Travis Moen.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:09 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Yeah, I know Ballard's contract isn't great, but like I said, he's been playing decently for over a month now. If he was playing like he was at the start of the season, then yes, the Canucks would most likely have to add.

If the Canucks want to add toughness, they'll probably go after someone like Travis Moen.
Ballard wasn't very good last year either so the one month of solid play on a stacked team doesn't exactly bring much reassurance. I think it would depend largely on Ballard's health and the long-term functionality of his hip given his style of play. Even then he's overpaid to be a #5 or #6 d man and wouldn't be a long-term fit with the Coyotes. If anything the Coyotes have a surplus of d men and would be looking to add a forward and not make a sideways type move.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Ballard wasn't very good last year either so the one month of solid play on a stacked team doesn't exactly bring much reassurance. I think it would depend largely on Ballard's health and the long-term functionality of his hip given his style of play. Even then he's overpaid to be a #5 or #6 d man and wouldn't be a long-term fit with the Coyotes. If anything the Coyotes have a surplus of d men and would be looking to add a forward and not make a sideways type move.
Fine, that's cool. Ballard and Morris could use a change of scenery, but if you don't want to possibly acquire someone who has played very well for you in the past, that's fine.

With that being said, would you move Morris for a 2nd round pick, 4th round pick, and Alex Sulzer (small cap dump)?

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM
hbk

Quote:
Fine, that's cool. Ballard and Morris could use a change of scenery, but if you don't want to possibly acquire someone who has played very well for you in the past, that's fine.

With that being said, would you move Morris for a 2nd round pick, 4th round pick, and Alex Sulzer (small cap dump)?
I think you had us at 2nd round pick for Morris.

I really like Ballard but his style of play is not conducive to a long NHL career. That's one of the reasons that Phoenix would move him in the first place. He's a heart and soul type player and I loved him as a Coyote. Just don't know if Phoenix could take on that sort of contract for a bottom pairing D. The $ would be better served to upgrade our forward group.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

Ditch the 2nd and it's fair.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Ditch the 2nd and it's fair.
Shhhh don't tell them that!

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
lanky

ahkkk wrong thread

Last edited by lanky: 01-22-2012 at 11:21 PM.
lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=613773

Quote:
The NHL trade deadline is coming up on Feb 27. Maloney said it’s too soon to tell just how active the Coyotes will be that day. He did tell me current players on the roster are being evaluated “as we speak.”

“We’re a team that has relied on its veterans but if the job isn’t getting done at that time then we’ll have to make some changes,” Maloney said. “For the most part we’ve stuck with the veteran players and given them every opportunity to have success, but the clock is ticking.”

Sciamachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Translation: Derek Morris needs to pick it up.

Also, Langkow has been as good as we could have reasonably expected, but not nearly as good as we were hoping and praying for.

Pyatt has been a disappointment, but has no trade value so he's safe.

Old
01-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Does anybody know the specifics of Morris' NTC?

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:33 PM
canucks52

What do you guys think it will take for van to get morris, maybe him and ballard can find their chemistry together

schneider and hodgson are not available

Edit: just saw some posters saying 2nd round pick, how bad has he been this year?

Last edited by canucks52: 01-25-2012 at 08:39 PM.
canucks52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

What would it take to get Schlemko?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:50 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu52 View Post
What do you guys think it will take for van to get morris, maybe him and ballard can find their chemistry together

schneider and hodgson are not available

Edit: just saw some posters saying 2nd round pick, how bad has he been this year?
3rd rounder

Old
01-25-2012, 10:50 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
He's out for the season.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Coyotes have twelve games left to play before the deadline. I would say we need 17 out of 24 points to really feel like we've got a shot.

8-3-1=17
7-2-3=17
6-1-5=17

Just as an idea. Basically, we need a huge run.

Edit: that only puts us at .556. That won't get us in. We'd have to go 7-2-3 in our next twelve and then still pick up like 28 points in our last twenty games. That gives us 97 points which MAYBE gets us in.

Last edited by rt: 01-25-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

12 games before the deadline include:
Anaheim
San Jose
Detroit
@Dallas
Calgary
Chicago
@Vancouver
@Los Angeles
Dallas
Los Angeles
@Calgary
@Edmonton

Could be worse, but not an easy schedule to rack up points in before the deadline

Old
01-25-2012, 11:19 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
If he was healthy, I would NOT want to get rid of him.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:48 PM
BUX7PHX

Our team has been so inconsistent, it has been hard to pinpoint a position that definitively makes us better. I'm looking at teams that have decent wings and defensemen, maybe.

Washington - I doubt we could pick up Semin, and it would be nice to throw an offer of Morris, Pyatt, and our 2nd round pick for him. But I doubt the Caps would be that interested...

Toronto - Kulemin?? Is Pyatt and a 2nd fair?

Carolina - Same deal as the one for Kulemin, but we get Ruutu in return...

Montreal or Boston - we'd have to include Yandle in the deal, but Yandle and a 3rd for Pacioretty and Gill or Yandle and Pyatt for Boychuk, Peverley, and a pick, feel free to speculate as to anything that needs to be added by another team in these deals...

Pittsburgh - I doubt Kunitz is available, and I'm more uncertain of an offer using our resources that would satisfy PIT...

And take JR for what it is worth, but he just said that he thought Jeff Carter would look good in a Coyotes uniform. My guess is that would cost us at least a 2nd rounder, in addition to Langkow and maybe another up-and-comer (Summers, maybe???). Still not sure this idea makes the best sense though...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:55 PM
mitch27

I would LOVE to add Kulemin or Ruutu, but it would take more than Pyatt and a 2nd IMO.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:58 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post

And take JR for what it is worth, but he just said that he thought Jeff Carter would look good in a Coyotes uniform. My guess is that would cost us at least a 2nd rounder, in addition to Langkow and maybe another up-and-comer (Summers, maybe???). Still not sure this idea makes the best sense though...
Who is JR? Jeremy Roenick? Jerry reinsdorf?

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Our team has been so inconsistent, it has been hard to pinpoint a position that definitively makes us better. I'm looking at teams that have decent wings and defensemen, maybe.

Washington - I doubt we could pick up Semin, and it would be nice to throw an offer of Morris, Pyatt, and our 2nd round pick for him. But I doubt the Caps would be that interested...

Toronto - Kulemin?? Is Pyatt and a 2nd fair?

Carolina - Same deal as the one for Kulemin, but we get Ruutu in return...

Montreal or Boston - we'd have to include Yandle in the deal, but Yandle and a 3rd for Pacioretty and Gill or Yandle and Pyatt for Boychuk, Peverley, and a pick, feel free to speculate as to anything that needs to be added by another team in these deals...

Pittsburgh - I doubt Kunitz is available, and I'm more uncertain of an offer using our resources that would satisfy PIT...

Who is "JR"?

Old
01-26-2012, 12:08 AM
BUX7PHX

Sorry - Roenick. There was some chatter on NBC Sports tonight, and he said that the contract is long, but at $5.2 million per year, he could see it happening. Like I said, take it for what it is worth...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

We need first line forwards. Vrbata and Whitney and two more scoring forwards would do the trick. What would it take to peel Kane off of Winnipeg. He looks to need a change of scenery.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
We need first line forwards. Vrbata and Whitney and two more scoring forwards would do the trick. What would it take to peel Kane off of Winnipeg. He looks to need a change of scenery.
Kane's out with a concussion right now but I would love to have him on this team. No clue what the Jets needs are however.