HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League X

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 09:27 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I just expected a lot more from Richards...it also really pisses me off when you guys blame his line mates...he had some crappy line mates in Philly and still put up big numbers. Guys like Carcillo, Powe and a young unproven Giroux and waiver pick up Leino were not much better then than Penner or Stoll.
Simmer plays on the Power play, with a world class puck handler in Giroux. He is going to score a lot more points than he did with the Kings.

Right about now Simmer would be in the Offensive black hole all Kings players are in.

Good for Simmer.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Sharks vs Stars.. I don't know who to root for. It better not be a 3 pointer!

Old
02-02-2012, 11:26 PM
jml87

How many times do I have to point out that the Flyers have an offensive system? Their focus on offense has been there since like the dawn of their franchise.

In the mid 90s their "Legion of Doom" line alone scored 305 goals in 3 seasons.
In the early 2000s they had the likes of Gagne, Primeau, Recchi, Roenick, Handzus. In the 05-06 season the line of Gagne, Knuble, and Forsberg scored 219 points.
In the 2008-09 season, the Flyers had 4 30 goal scorers and 6 25 goal scorers (Lupul, Hartnell, Richards, Carter, Knuble, Gagne)

How many cups did this amazing offensive prowess get them?
Zero Point Zero

Old
02-02-2012, 11:53 PM
LAsusan
Dry Island

Dan Boyle scores on his own net, breaks Greiss' ongoing shutout streak. Ott laughs and gets credited with the goal.

SJ 2-1 so far

EDIT: 4-1 now.

Last edited by LAsusan: 02-02-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 11:57 PM
LAsusan
Dry Island

4G 3A for Sam Gagner tonight

Old
02-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

am I hearing this right? 7 point game for Sam Gagner?

Old
02-03-2012, 12:03 AM
LAsusan
Dry Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
am I hearing this right? 7 point game for Sam Gagner?
Now 8

Old
02-03-2012, 12:07 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsusan View Post
Now 8
Chicago D!

Old
02-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Shellz

I'm pretty sure Dreger is drunk.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Fishhead

The Hawks defense has been atrocious this year. Nearly as bad as Anaheim's.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Night of his career. Good for him. He tied both Gretzky and Coffey with that performance for a franchise record 8 points in a game.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Watching the highlights...what a **** show defensive/goaltending game.

Dubnyk and Crawford looked TERRIBLE.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Wow Gagner is only 22. Feels like the kid has been in the league for ages.

Edmonton sure likes to rush up their young players....

Old
02-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Wow Gagner is only 22. Feels like the kid has been in the league for ages.

Edmonton sure likes to rush up their young players....
I remember him especially since I wanted either him or Voracek over Hickey at the draft and he was the next forward taken after Alzner.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I just expected a lot more from Richards...it also really pisses me off when you guys blame his line mates...he had some crappy line mates in Philly and still put up big numbers. Guys like Carcillo, Powe and a young unproven Giroux and waiver pick up Leino were not much better then than Penner or Stoll.
What is your problem dude? Do you like beating a dead horse? Or your head against the wall? We already proved to you in another thread he didn't play majority with Powe OR Carcillo considering there was about a 9-12 minute gap in ice time from those fowards and Richards. You chose to ignore that I guess.

If you are so broken up about this whole trade the Flyers boards are a simple click away.

MOVE ON. DON'T MARRY YOURSELF TO PLAYERS. Richards is a fantastic player and he is a King now. Simmonds is a good player on the Flyers.

AND FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME:

Points on the Flyers =/= Points on the Kings. DIFFERENT SYSTEM, PLAYERS, COACHES, OPPONENTS, DIVISION, JERSEYS WHATEVER.

Is that clear enough for you?

Old
02-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I am not like pissed at you JU

This is just the team we got. We should be happy we have a player of Richards caliber here. We shouldn't be already regretting it halfway through his first season when the whole team is struggling.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Jay, not clear enough for him.

And Sam Gagner, 4 more of those and youre right in the Ross race

Old
02-03-2012, 02:03 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

I'll take SJ beating Dallas. Keeps Dallas from catching up to us.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:42 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
I am not like pissed at you JU

This is just the team we got. We should be happy we have a player of Richards caliber here. We shouldn't be already regretting it halfway through his first season when the whole team is struggling.
I don't see anything wrong with criticizing/questioning the trade and comparing the performance of the assets involved. It was a large turning point for the organization and it will be analyzed for years to come.

Most of the people around here are still on the Mike Richards honeymoon. I'm not. He needs to play better.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Flyers fans were saying the same thing about him last year, till they learned he needed surgery, then he was a hero again because he is one.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
How many times do I have to point out that the Flyers have an offensive system? Their focus on offense has been there since like the dawn of their franchise.

In the mid 90s their "Legion of Doom" line alone scored 305 goals in 3 seasons.
In the early 2000s they had the likes of Gagne, Primeau, Recchi, Roenick, Handzus. In the 05-06 season the line of Gagne, Knuble, and Forsberg scored 219 points.
In the 2008-09 season, the Flyers had 4 30 goal scorers and 6 25 goal scorers (Lupul, Hartnell, Richards, Carter, Knuble, Gagne)

How many cups did this amazing offensive prowess get them?
Zero Point Zero
That's actually pretty false.

Starting with the 1997-1998 season (earliest NHL.com goes back for team stats), the Flyers were top 10 in goals allowed per game every year up until the lockout.

They finished 2nd two times as well.

So for 7 straight years they were one of the best teams in terms of allowing goals in the game.

They have struggled a little bit since the lockout, but it's nothing terrible (mostly middle of the pack).

Old
02-03-2012, 01:17 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
That's actually pretty false.

Starting with the 1997-1998 season (earliest NHL.com goes back for team stats), the Flyers were top 10 in goals allowed per game every year up until the lockout.

They finished 2nd two times as well.

So for 7 straight years they were one of the best teams in terms of allowing goals in the game.

They have struggled a little bit since the lockout, but it's nothing terrible (mostly middle of the pack).
My point wasn't that they were horrible on defense, it was that they are focused on offense. When you look back until the time period I was talking about (I was born in '87 so unfortunately I can't remember Howe, Parent, Lindbergh, etc), how many notable defensemen can you name? Desjardins? Older Paul Coffey? Even worse, goaltending during this period? Some guys weren't awful but they weren't like the offense. They weren't spectacular like Stevens or Lindstrom. And Flyers fans admit that goaltending has been ignored since Hextall in the 80s.

When I think of the Flyers, I don't think of defense, I think of offense. I think of guys like Lindros, Leclair, Recchi, Brindamour, Primeau, Gagne, Roenick, etc. Flyers were never built around an defensive system like the Devils. They didn't have goalies like Roy and Hasek backing them up.

And right now comparing players in an overwhelming defensive system on the Kings to players in an overwhelming offensive system on the Flyers is crazy.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with criticizing/questioning the trade and comparing the performance of the assets involved. It was a large turning point for the organization and it will be analyzed for years to come.

Most of the people around here are still on the Mike Richards honeymoon. I'm not. He needs to play better.
Thank you. Go to Mike Richards game log on Yahoo...it looks awful. Then looks at Schenn's and Simmonds....

Old
02-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
My point wasn't that they were horrible on defense, it was that they are focused on offense. When you look back until the time period I was talking about (I was born in '87 so unfortunately I can't remember Howe, Parent, Lindbergh, etc), how many notable defensemen can you name? Desjardins? Older Paul Coffey? Even worse, goaltending during this period? Some guys weren't awful but they weren't like the offense. They weren't spectacular like Stevens or Lindstrom. And Flyers fans admit that goaltending has been ignored since Hextall in the 80s.

When I think of the Flyers, I don't think of defense, I think of offense. I think of guys like Lindros, Leclair, Recchi, Brindamour, Primeau, Gagne, Roenick, etc. Flyers were never built around an defensive system like the Devils. They didn't have goalies like Roy and Hasek backing them up.

And right now comparing players in an overwhelming defensive system on the Kings to players in an overwhelming offensive system on the Flyers is crazy.
Yes, they haven't really had star defensmen (except Pronger and maybe Timonen) but they played a great system back in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Some of those forwards you listed were great defensively as well (most notably Brind'Amour and Primeau).

But I agree that comparing the players right now isn't fair. I doubt Simmonds would be putting up his current totals if he was still with the Kings.

I think both teams benefited from the trade.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Thank you. Go to Mike Richards game log on Yahoo...it looks awful. Then looks at Schenn's and Simmonds....
Moulson is performing better than Kopitar, perhaps we should trade for him straight up. Also can't forget Wideman. He is doing better than Doughty, trade for him too, what a discount!

Closed Thread