HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks 5 Oilers 0 (Its the fan's fault)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 01:16 AM
dobiezeke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
So can anyone tell me Horcoff deserves to keep his captaincy so far this season?
I know he does a lot of off ice stuff for the young guys which help, but his on ice leadership is really lacking. It's painful.
Sound of crickets...

Old
01-14-2012, 01:17 AM
tony baloney

when the oilers draft Yakopov next year we WILL win the cup BAHAHAHAHAHHA

Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkeep View Post
The best thing the Oilers could do right now is place Horcoff on waivers, send a message to the other players and when he pass them send him down to the ECHL, because we don't want that cancer on the AHL team. Do it now before his NMC kicks in next year.
Uh, his NMC is already active, you know.

Old
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
What did Hab fans do when they didnt like the Anglo coach?? They protested outside the rink. It made a statement, like it or not.
That was only 200 people and the large majority of them weren't even Habs fans. They were just a bunch of crazy Quebec separatists that wanted a reason to protest.

Old
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Really!

Edmonton oilers:

Mctavish coached
2007–08 82 41 35 6 88 235 251 1175 4th, Northwest 9th in West Conf
Mctavish Coached
2008–09 82 38 35 9 85 234 248 1227 4th, Northwest 11th in West Conf
Quinn Coached
2009–10 82 27 47 8 62 214 284 1131 5th, Northwest Last in West Conf
Renney Coached
2010–11 82 25 45 12 62 193 269 1191 5th, Northwest Last in West Conf

Who should we bring Back!
The guy that no one else wants to hire?

Btw, Horcoff has scored one goal in his last 21 games and is 800th in the league in +/-. He sports a team worst -15.

In fact, only nine players in the entire league have a worse +/- than Horcoff.

I hereby dub thee..............."Captain Negative!"

Old
01-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
What do you not understand we asked for the rebuild we got what we asked for. If we don't support the team we will lose the team. Leave the team as a fan, but don't come back when they are good. The last thing Oilers need is a bunch of bandwagoners.
How many lottery picks are enough? Hmm? Management seems to be content with picking 1st overalls year after year but the team hasn't significantly improved. The last thing we need are a bunch of "fans" who are fine with losing.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagiobob View Post
Unfortunately I have invested a lot of money in those tickets, so feel somewhat obligated to use them. Unless you wanna buy em?
Well, I'm in the same boat ... been a season ticket holder for too many years, always hoping they would be better ... or at least entertaining. This is my last year.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:20 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

Btw, Horcoff has scored one goal in his last 21 games and is 800th in the league in +/-. He sports a team worst -15.

I think that title belongs to Eric Staal right now. He's -21.

Old
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
They said on the broadcast that Eager tried to engage Beachimun a couple of times.
Respectfully , but that's ******** . Eager had one short conversation in the corner with Beauchemin , didn't get up in his grill at all , and skated away looking sheepish . I was watching very specifically for some response from Eager and there was nothing .

Replacement called it with this guy . Totally listless and disinterested performance night after night . He even looks zoned out when the camera shows him sitting on the bench . The only time he even looks remotely interested is when he scores a goal .
Hordichuck might not have the tools Eager does but does anyone on the board doubt that Darcy would have found himself a pound of flesh somewhere ?

Hell even Stortini would have stepped up tonight .

To be fair I thought I saw Potter make several invitations to Beauchemin which were declined .

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Unless this team goes on a miraculous winning streak at some point over the next several weeks the Oilers are going to have to go into serious damage control mode. The fan base, and even the media are starting to kick dirt all over their idea of a "re-build."

Old
01-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Whoyawit*

We are a guttless bunch of pigeons that play the game like a group of strangers - not a team.
Until such time management decides to bring in glue guys, and our donkey coach understands how to utilize such individuals, we will continue to lose regardless of how much talent we draft. The lack of leadership is sickening, and the complete disregard for playing for each other is unacceptable. This team is as divided as it's ever been in my opinion. The "vets" still act like they deserve respect, and are setting an example of how losers play the game. How can a die hard fan that lives and dies with this team recognize these problems, but the brass of our beloved Oilers continue to miss the mark.
SACK UP and shake this roster to it's bones. Re-evaluate the vets that are going to steer us into the future, and let some of these overpriced mentors play in the AHL - or get Katz to sign some buyout cheques. The clock is ticking on our fresh crop of kids - it will only take so long for them to decide that Edmonton is not the place for them

Last edited by Whoyawit*: 01-14-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

But he has put in a ton of heart to get those numbers....that should account for something, right?

Old
bellagiobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
I have a idea, why not do what was suggested at ON, donate a couple tickets to a game to people that couldn't afford to ever go.
I would feel sorry for the trauma I caused these people after they witness the debacle.

Old
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
The day that happens may also be the day you only have the Oil Kings to watch, as Katz picks up his ball and moves his game east to Hamilton.

Don't wish for revenue of the Oilers to falter.
LOL, sorry this is just funny. There is no better market outside of Edmonton that isnt allready taken.

In fact, I wouldnt be suprised if the league shed a team next year ... Phoneix.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:22 AM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

I've seen rebuilds before, this isn't one.

This is incompetence.

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I think that title belongs to Eric Staal right now. He's -21.
Yeah, but at least Eric Staal belongs on the ice in a top line minute munching capacity.

Old
Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
So can anyone tell me Horcoff deserves to keep his captaincy so far this season?

I know he does a lot of off ice stuff for the young guys which help, but his on ice leadership is really lacking. It's painful.
Horcoff barely deserves to be on the ice playing a regular shift in the NHL, let alone being a captain of a young team like the Oilers. As far as I can see by his "play" on the ice, the guy is not captain material and any way, shape, or form. The only thing he leads in is his horrific +/-. It's all well and good the stuff he does off the ice but on the ice he is a black hole and ffs a captain should be able to do something, ANYTHING, to get his team going during an actual hockey game. He never does anything to inspire the Oilers. No big hit, no fight, no great goal, no nothing.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:24 AM
shiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
What do you not understand we asked for the rebuild we got what we asked for. If we don't support the team we will lose the team. Leave the team as a fan, but don't come back when they are good. The last thing Oilers need is a bunch of bandwagoners.
Been a supporter since the WHA days. I'm not a band-wagoner. I supported the rebuild because of games like this. I also expected things to be different. I expected pride, heart, and effort, and sadly, let down again, just as we all have for years now.

This is NOT a rebuild thing. Games like this, and there have been many of them over the years, is NOT a rebuild thing. You can not blame the kids who are making up the rebuild, as they were the ones at least trying.

You can not blame the AHL guys in our team, they tried as well, they are either being asked to perform at a level they are not ready for, and in over their heads, or just not good enough for the NHL. This is on the core group who have given us these kind of **** performances for years, and those are the people not part of the rebuild.

Sorry bud, but these are the same old damn problems, rebuild or not.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:25 AM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
How many lottery picks are enough? Hmm? Management seems to be content with picking 1st overalls year after year but the team hasn't significantly improved. The last thing we need are a bunch of "fans" who are fine with losing.
I not okay with losing, but I also know this rebuild is going to be a long process. How many lottery picks did pittsburgh have?

Old
01-14-2012, 01:25 AM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

Old
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Qrispy

What the hell is wrong with Renney? He just says, "Oh our guys should have done this" or "Yeah we needed to do this but it didn't happen." You're the head coach for gods sake! Fix those problems! Every post-game press conference is the same bs from him.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
tony baloney

SUPERB POST COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIL4ONE ONE4OIL View Post
We are a guttless bunch of pigeons that play the game like a group of strangers - not a team.
Until such time management decides to bring in glue guys, and our donkey coach understands how to utilize such individuals, we will continue to lose regardless of how much talent we draft. The lack of leadership is sickening, and the complete disregard for playing for each other is unacceptable. This team is as divided as it's ever been in my opinion. The "vets" still act like they deserve respect, and are setting an example of how losers play the game. How can a die hard fan that lives and dies with this team recognize these problems, but the brass of our beloved Oilers continue to miss the mark.
SACK UP and shake this roster to it's bones. Re-evaluate the vets that are going to steer us into the future, and let some of these overpriced mentors play in the AHL - or get Katz to sign some buyout cheques. The clock is ticking on our fresh crop of kids - it will only take so long for them to decide that Edmonton is not the place for them.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:27 AM
CorpseFX

- Gagner's fight: yikes. i know you want to be the loyal dog, but come on. at least step to a dude where being embarrassed doesnt overshadow your attempt at sticking up for someone. Eager or Sutton should be handling that.

the rest was just terrible. too banged up. hemmed in super hard. bad decisions. the giveaway by Teubert on the first goal was amateur as hell.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony baloney View Post
when the oilers draft Yakopov next year we WILL win the cup BAHAHAHAHAHHA
Watch the NHL lock out the NHLPA, then abandon the draft order like they did the year Crosby was drafted. Funny, knowing how the league likes certain teams to win ... Boston would somehow end up with the first pick overall.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:28 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
The day that happens may also be the day you only have the Oil Kings to watch, as Katz picks up his ball and moves his game east to Hamilton.

Don't wish for revenue of the Oilers to falter.
The Oilers leaving and us waiting fifteen years for a different organization to come here may actually save us some time in seeing a winning product back on the ice.

Closed Thread