HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Signed Courturier puck

Old
01-17-2012, 12:08 AM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Signed Courturier puck

Hi
I have a puck, signed by Courturier on the night he scored his first nhl goal.
This was in Ottawa, and they had random signed pucks in support of Roger Neilson's
house for cancer. The puck is a special one just designed for that night.
What would you guys offer for it?
thanks
nan

01-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
Hi
I have a puck, signed by Courturier on the night he scored his first nhl goal.
This was in Ottawa, and they had random signed pucks in support of Roger Neilson's
house for cancer. The puck is a special one just designed for that night.
What would you guys offer for it?
thanks
nan
60 bucks

Does it have an authenticity paper with it?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:17 AM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
60 bucks

Does it have an authenticity paper with it?
Unfort no, but thats how they handle many of these kinds of things at games.
Would need to get outside proof he actually signed it.
I'm pretty sure this could be done.

nanuuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
Unfort no, but thats how they handle many of these kinds of things at games.
Would need to get outside proof he actually signed it.
I'm pretty sure this could be done.
If I or you could get someone to prove he signed it, I would be very interested in the puck then.

And delete this thread so nobody can compete with me for the bidding!

Last edited by Prongo: 01-17-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old
01-17-2012, 12:41 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
If I or you could get someone to prove he signed it, I would be very interested in the puck then.

And delete this thread so nobody can compete with me for the bidding!
For 60 bucks you can have it...

You can get a puck signed by Couturier for much, much, much less.

As far as "value" goes, the fact that it was given away on the night that he scored his first goal is irrelevant. No proof he signed it that night (could've been signed weeks in advance) and it really has no connection to the first goal event.

Furthermore, getting a signed LOA would cost you about $100 and is probably not worth it.

If you were to buy this, you'd likely regret it, as it will go down significantly in value when/if Couturier becomes good/great as the market will be flooded w/ signed pucks. And if he never becomes anything, it's worth nothing.

As a fellow Flyers fan, I'd hate to see you get ripped off... why not just buy a ticket to an event where Couturier is signing and get your own puck / jersey / poster / any other piece of memorabilia signed?

Make a memory for yourself and pay less $$$$.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:45 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
I have one signed by him as well... we got it in the suite that ciena (one of our vendors) had purchased for us. They actually had a bunch of signed pucks by different players.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
For 60 bucks you can have it...

You can get a puck signed by Couturier for much, much, much less.

As far as "value" goes, the fact that it was given away on the night that he scored his first goal is irrelevant. No proof he signed it that night (could've been signed weeks in advance) and it really has no connection to the first goal event.

Furthermore, getting a signed LOA would cost you about $100 and is probably not worth it.

If you were to buy this, you'd likely regret it, as it will go down significantly in value when/if Couturier becomes good/great as the market will be flooded w/ signed pucks. And if he never becomes anything, it's worth nothing.

As a fellow Flyers fan, I'd hate to see you get ripped off... why not just buy a ticket to an event where Couturier is signing and get your own puck / jersey / poster / any other piece of memorabilia signed?

Make a memory for yourself and pay less $$$$.
Well damn sands... I almost cried over here.. looking out for me like that.. your a good guy I don't care what the other say about ya. Thanks man for the advice, Im young and have money to spend haha dangerous dangerous combination

Old
01-17-2012, 12:54 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Well damn sands... I almost cried over here.. looking out for me like that.. your a good guy I don't care what the other say about ya. Thanks man for the advice, Im young and have money to spend haha dangerous dangerous combination
Maybe I just want to bid on it myself and I sent him a PM with my offer

haha just kidding.

Yeah, I'm reasonably young too w/ money to spend, but I was a finance major in college and I work in finance now so I have this annoying habit of thinking about everything in terms of expected value, etc.

Couturier and Schenn just had a signing @ Chickie and Petes that I believe was free to the public. I'm sure there will be a few more of these (or else the Trial on the Isle is always an option in the summer).

If you bring a puck to one of these events, you can definitely get Couturier to sign it. And even better, you can likely get a picture with you, Couturier, and the puck. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say... so if you have a picture of yourself w/ Couturier and the signed puck, as a collector that proves to me that it's legit. I'd take a picture over a LOA from some random / not well known dealer any day of the week... and the picture is free whereas the LOA will cost you at least $50... probably more like $100 for a well-known industry professional to authenticate it for you.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Maybe I just want to bid on it myself and I sent him a PM with my offer

haha just kidding.

Yeah, I'm reasonably young too w/ money to spend, but I was a finance major in college and I work in finance now so I have this annoying habit of thinking about everything in terms of expected value, etc.

Couturier and Schenn just had a signing @ Chickie and Petes that I believe was free to the public. I'm sure there will be a few more of these (or else the Trial on the Isle is always an option in the summer).

If you bring a puck to one of these events, you can definitely get Couturier to sign it. And even better, you can likely get a picture with you, Couturier, and the puck. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say... so if you have a picture of yourself w/ Couturier and the signed puck, as a collector that proves to me that it's legit. I'd take a picture over a LOA from some random / not well known dealer any day of the week... and the picture is free whereas the LOA will cost you at least $50... probably more like $100 for a well-known industry professional to authenticate it for you.
Well it wasn't free, but it was nowhere near $60+.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:28 PM
slitz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Well it wasn't free, but it was nowhere near $60+.
yeah, no where near $60. the promoter gave out a price list of what they are seller things for on their website. a couturier puck... $100. a couturier jersey... $550. so yeah, no where near $60

edit- here the link to the promoter, upper deck: http://store.upperdeck.com/store/Hoc...outurier?Args=

slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

I just waited for them outside of rookie camp back in July and got free autographs worth the wait in the heat and sun. Got a bunch of other guys too, Niko, Hatcher, etc. etc.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
slitz

thats the thing to do... get them as rookies, before they get jaded. Giroux used to sign like a champ. now he wont touch a sharpie

slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Flyrs21

Go to the carnival and you can get it for 15 or 20 bucks. The money goes to charity.

But best of all, when you get older you aren't going to say why the heck did I spend $60 for this stupid puck

Flyrs21 is offline   Reply With Quote