HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pernell Karl Subban's next contract

Old
03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

vCash: 500
If the cap really do raise up to 72M, I wouldn't be all that surprised if PK signed a 4 or 5 years deal averaging 4.5 - 5M a year.

I really doubt he signs for 3.5M or less, as some of the posters above proposed. This kid has franchise player written all over him, and he knows it. If he does sign a contract under 4M, I think it will for a very short term, 3 years maximum.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
It would require at least in the 1st+2nd+3rd compensation range for the Habs not to match, perhaps as many as 2 firsts...
If the cap goes up to $72M as rumored compensation in that range will be as follows:

Up to $5.3M = 1st + 3rd
Up to $7M = 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

I highly doubt anyone would go past $7M.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:53 AM
Tyler Myers

i honestly wouldnt be surprised if he got close to 5 per year long term, hes alot overrated than schenn and schenn got 3.9 per

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:53 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
i honestly wouldnt be surprised if he got close to 5 per year long term, hes alot overrated than schenn and schenn got 3.9 per
He more overrated than Schenn because he's much better than Schenn.
I pegged him at 3.5 but if the cap goes up as much as they say it could than i could see 4.5 longterm ,say 4 -5 yrs

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
If the cap goes up to $72M as rumored compensation in that range will be as follows:

Up to $5.3M = 1st + 3rd
Up to $7M = 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

I highly doubt anyone would go past $7M.
But a team willing to offer-sheet Subban at that stage would lock him up long-term. So $5.5M would still land the Habs a 1st+2nd+3rd.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
He more overrated than Schenn because he's much better than Schenn.
I pegged him at 3.5 but if the cap goes up as much as they say it could than i could see 4.5 longterm ,say 4 -5 yrs
Ya, I see that as my expected value as well. 3.5M for 3yrs or less (about Kronwalls last contract as I am sure he'd be used as a comparable) and 4.5M for 4-6 yrs

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
But a team willing to offer-sheet Subban at that stage would lock him up long-term. So $5.5M would still land the Habs a 1st+2nd+3rd.
I'd rather have Subban at this stage of the game...as I'm sure you would

Old
03-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'd rather have Subban at this stage of the game...as I'm sure you would
If Gauthier was canned before Subban gets his new contract, who knows whether his successor (be it TT or another guy) will lock Subban up long-term or not? But that successor would know that locking up Subban will cost the Habs a lot.

Old
03-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
He'll probably get a similar deal to Hedman.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:22 AM
hubstr

Should be 3 to 3.5 for 2-3 years !!

hubstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
stuttzy93
Browny #18

Leafs fan here... noticed many people said "according to other teams PK sucks...". Now... first and foremost, i hate the Montreal Canadiens more than any other team in this league and more than most things in life. But PK Subban is by far one of the best, and most complete young defensemen in the league. At 23 years old this kid is a machineeeee, amazing clapper and pp ability, and now just starting to come around on his shut-down and defensive game? guys.. as habs fans, do not undervalue this guy. I would take him on my team any day of the week and happily give him komis contract numbers. For a hab to get this type of praise from a leafs fan is rare . but the kid is freakin stellar man....

stuttzy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuttzy93 View Post
Leafs fan here... noticed many people said "according to other teams PK sucks...". Now... first and foremost, i hate the Montreal Canadiens more than any other team in this league and more than most things in life. But PK Subban is by far one of the best, and most complete young defensemen in the league. At 23 years old this kid is a machineeeee, amazing clapper and pp ability, and now just starting to come around on his shut-down and defensive game? guys.. as habs fans, do not undervalue this guy. I would take him on my team any day of the week and happily give him komis contract numbers. For a hab to get this type of praise from a leafs fan is rare . but the kid is freakin stellar man....
thanks. It's always nice to hear not everyone gives the same old cliche...bad attitude rubbish.

BTW. LEAFS SUCK!!!!!

Old
03-12-2012, 01:58 PM
stuttzy93
Browny #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
thanks. It's always nice to hear not everyone gives the same old cliche...bad attitude rubbish.

BTW. LEAFS SUCK!!!!! :laugh:
Wish I could argue. So fed up with them its beyond belief. Hope they finish last in the East to scoop up a great player via draft. Never thought i'd find myself wanting the habs to pass them in the standings...

stuttzy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Lemons

Quote:
Could we make gentle love under a secluded moonlit beach with the stars being our only witness?

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
you might need to lighten up and reevaluate some priorities. but thanks for the Subban feedback

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Subban would probably get closer to 5.5-6.0mil for that term. He's already playing a #1 D role.
The same as Tyler Myers? Myers got $5.5M for 7 years and is a little better than Subban... But that's the only way a team is going to offer-sheet Subban anyhow.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
MarkovsKnee

It should be noted that despite his difficulties at times this year, Subban is only 6 points away from matching last year's point total. While it looks like he's going to get less goals (he might still achieve 10 which is solid for a d-man), he already has more assists than he did last year. He's also a plus player this year. He's +3, while last year he was -8.

I think he's a player who will continue to get better. He's one of the most complete defenceman out there now. His defensive game has improved so much it's hard to believe that when he was drafted there were people on this board who were laughing at the pick because he was so awful defensively.

I'd like to see the Habs sign him to either a 3 year or a 5 year contract. 2 years is too short & 4 years takes him to UFA at 27.

When you see that TB paid Hedman $20m over 5 years on his contract & his highest season is 26 points, and his & Subban's +/- are quite similar, I think Subban's cap hit is going to be a minimum of $4m maybe $4,5m although I hope it doesn't go above that number.

It'll be interesting to see what Karlsson is going to get from Ottawa, especially with Doughty getting $7m this year from L.A. His best season was the 59 pts he tallied in his rookie season. Same thing with Myers. Both Doughty's & Myers numbers have been dropping like a rock each season.

I like the Karlsson & Subban method of development through incremental progress rather than immediate success & then flame-out that some young defenseman go through.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Hopefully Bergevin will lock up Pernell Karl Subban long term as he's likely to do with Carey Price...

Old
06-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
you might need to lighten up and reevaluate some priorities. but thanks for the Subban feedback
Im with him on this only add the Habs and people who dont know how to drive yet pretend they do to the list.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Anything under 5M is a joke. The cap is only going up and you PK is a #1 dman. I would not be surprised to see him get Markov type money.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Vitto79

and hear I thought PK stood for Penalty Kill Subban, go figure.

he had a blah yr so shouldnt get 5 per

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:11 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

MTL likes the out school format, or players getting a short term deal after their ELC before they sign that mega team. Look for Subban to get a 2-3 year deal, around the samething Letang got 2 years ago, maybe 3 years at 3.5M, and then take it from there.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:18 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
and hear I thought PK stood for Penalty Kill Subban, go figure.

he had a blah yr so shouldnt get 5 per
Uhhhh. Did you watch PK play at all last year?

In what world did he have a "blah'" year?

Where do people come up with this stuff?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Uhhhh. Did you watch PK play at all last year?

In what world did he have a "blah'" year?

Where do people come up with this stuff?
Lower point totals =/= blah year on HF.

Shinsuke Nakamura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:48 PM
dan1el

A lot depends on his play this season. He could break-out or regress. Do you think Karlsson would be making 6.5 million if he was still 45 point, -30 Erik Karlsson?

For all we know, Subban could win the Art Ross and command 8+ million next year.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote