HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Offseason? You want to talk about the offseason?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2012, 05:47 PM
  #226
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Cullen won't fit in anywhere next year. He's not good enough to be a 2nd line center and we already have Brodziak as our 3rd line center.
He has a NTC and we aren't going to buy him out. We can make do with him for 1 more year.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 05:51 PM
  #227
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,726
vCash: 50
ditching vets and just counting on 4 rookies to play prominent roles sounds kind of inadvisable.

rynryn is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 08:53 PM
  #228
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,347
vCash: 500
Cullen can be a 3rd line winger, but nothing else. He's good for a few fast breaks, but he's just invisible in the offensive zone.

nickschultzfan is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:45 PM
  #229
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Cullen can be a 3rd line winger, but nothing else. He's good for a few fast breaks, but he's just invisible in the offensive zone.
Can't agree with the invisible comment at all. There have been times (even when he hasn't scored) that he looked like the only player even making an effort in the offensive zone. The guy creates chances quite frequently.

There is a chance either Cullen or Brodziak could either play wing on the 3rd line next season. They are both versatile players who can play both Center or Wing... so I wouldn't be surprised to see one or the other playing in either position.

Granlund is pretty much a lock for one of the top two center roles... I think Fletcher has been pretty clear on that one for sure, but Larsson, Zucker, Coyle, Bulmer... none of those are a lock for a roster spot at this point. To be honest, I think Larsson has the best chance at a roster spot next season, and could see him end up on either the 2nd or 3rd line as a winger.

TaLoN is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 09:14 AM
  #230
Dampland
YEO must GO
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Job Search City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 50
I think Bulmer will be on the Wild roster playing 3rd/4th line.

Clutterbuck - Broadziak - Bulmer would be a physical/gritty line, that also can score!

Dampland is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 09:39 AM
  #231
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Granlund is a lock for a top 6 role, but until we see him play, he's pretty far from a lock at center. He will almost certainly start the season on the wing and be moved over when Yeo is comfortable moving him to center.

squidz* is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 09:23 PM
  #232
tomgilbertfan
gifs on gifs on gifs
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,678
vCash: 500
What about Signing Brady Lamb? Undrafted senior D at UMD, he's been good at UMD, and it's not like we have a lot of D in the system.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
  #233
sioux210
Registered User
 
sioux210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Country: United States
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
What about Signing Brady Lamb? Undrafted senior D at UMD, he's been good at UMD, and it's not like we have a lot of D in the system.
that'd be awsome, absolutely agree with you, the more D the better, could turn into a solid pro possibly

sioux210 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 07:37 PM
  #234
sioux210
Registered User
 
sioux210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Country: United States
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
what do you guys think about signing Brandon Bochenski? solid player, a Blaine MN native, played for The North Dakota Fighting Sioux from 01-04 (also played with Parise, another guy to maybe help convince zach to come home, so thats and extra plus )and has played in the KHL the last two seasons. spent alot of his careerr as a sort of bubble player but has really improved his game over in the KHL and has become a more complete player and was a All-Star this year. we should sign him to a cheap 2 way deal and see what he can do, pretty low risk high reward, what do you guys think??

sioux210 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 07:37 PM
  #235
tomgilbertfan
gifs on gifs on gifs
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
that'd be awsome, absolutely agree with you, the more D the better, could turn into a solid pro possibly
Lamb signed with Calgary btw.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 07:49 PM
  #236
Dee Oh Cee
Registered User
 
Dee Oh Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Farmington
Country: United States
Posts: 6,194
vCash: 500
Wonder if they'll give Lorenz any look.

Dee Oh Cee is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
  #237
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
what do you guys think about signing Brandon Bochenski? solid player, a Blaine MN native, played for The North Dakota Fighting Sioux from 01-04 (also played with Parise, another guy to maybe help convince zach to come home, so thats and extra plus )and has played in the KHL the last two seasons. spent alot of his careerr as a sort of bubble player but has really improved his game over in the KHL and has become a more complete player and was a All-Star this year. we should sign him to a cheap 2 way deal and see what he can do, pretty low risk high reward, what do you guys think??
I think we're going to be a little short on contract spots as it is. I imagine there is a reason he's in the KHL and not the NHL right now.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:02 PM
  #238
sioux210
Registered User
 
sioux210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Country: United States
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I think we're going to be a little short on contract spots as it is. I imagine there is a reason he's in the KHL and not the NHL right now.
not really we have alot of free agents that likely wont be signed, like i said hes improved quite a bit since being in north america, if you can be a all star in the KHL you have a chance to make a nhl team maybe, so why not see what hes got, it'd be essentially the same as signing Erik Christensen

aslo featured on bleacher report
NHL Free Agents: 10 KHL Players Who Could Help NHL Teams


Last edited by sioux210: 04-03-2012 at 08:18 PM.
sioux210 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:19 PM
  #239
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 12,714
vCash: 50
I wonder what it would take to get Enstrom from Winny?

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:21 PM
  #240
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I wonder what it would take to get Enstrom from Winny?
Probably a lot, they don't seem to like when he gets thrown into a proposal.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:23 PM
  #241
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 12,714
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Probably a lot, they don't seem to like when he gets thrown into a proposal.
How about Nikitin from Columbus? I'm desperate for the Wild to get a top 4 PMD.

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:29 PM
  #242
sioux210
Registered User
 
sioux210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Country: United States
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
you guys think Chay genoway can make the team next year? was named the Houston Aeros' Man of the Year, hes a solid puck moving defensman with a scoring touche, something the wild seem to be looking for, im pretty surprised they didnt call him up this year at all

sioux210 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:54 PM
  #243
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,726
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
you guys think Chay genoway can make the team next year? was named the Houston Aeros' Man of the Year, hes a solid puck moving defensman with a scoring touche, something the wild seem to be looking for, im pretty surprised they didnt call him up this year at all
didn't like him at all in camp, but thought he looked great for UND every game. bit of a puck hog. not sure if he was just so stoked to be there or what but he yelled for the puck constantly during camp, in extremely inappropriate situations. Think he scared Brodin a bit.

rynryn is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:58 PM
  #244
sioux210
Registered User
 
sioux210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Country: United States
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
didn't like him at all in camp, but thought he looked great for UND every game. bit of a puck hog. not sure if he was just so stoked to be there or what but he yelled for the puck constantly during camp, in extremely inappropriate situations. Think he scared Brodin a bit.
gopher fan eh? but he did lead ahl defense in points too

sioux210 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:02 PM
  #245
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
gopher fan eh? but he did lead ahl defense in points too
I concur with Rynryn's assessment. Almost seemed like he wanted to proved he could handle the puck. In every situation. All the time.

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:04 PM
  #246
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,152
vCash: 500
I guess anything can happen in training camp...

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 09:06 PM
  #247
sioux210
Registered User
 
sioux210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Country: United States
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I concur with Rynryn's assessment. Almost seemed like he wanted to proved he could handle the puck. In every situation. All the time.
well i guess why wouldnt he, hes trying to make the team and prove himself, cant blame him for that

sioux210 is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 10:21 PM
  #248
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Can we please get Mason Raymond!

Randy BoBandy is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 10:25 PM
  #249
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,726
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
gopher fan eh? but he did lead ahl defense in points too
i am inclined to cheer for the Gophers, yes, but it doesn't make me automatically hate all Sioux alumni. I covet Brock Nelson. Coveted Oshie and Toews. etc etc.

You have to wonder why he didn't get a call up for the Wild, as offensively starved as we were all year. That would be a good question for Fletcher if there's a call-in show.

rynryn is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 11:16 PM
  #250
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 12,714
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
Can we please get Mason Raymond!
I use to be a fan of his but his production has really decreased the last couple years. Couple that in with his injury problems and I'm not so high on him anymore. The bright side though is that because of all that and because of Vancouver's depth, a team could probably get him on the cheap. I could see a struggling team take a chance on him easy.

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.