HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason? You want to talk about the offseason?

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2012, 10:59 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Ya, I don't think the hypothetical trade is exactly a slam dunk. While Schenn had some really high hopes thrust upon him, he hasn't exactly progressed much since he's come into the league. Granted, he's generally reliable and solid but there's really not a ton of upside there; especially offensive. And as replaceable as some think Backstrom and Clutterbuck are, that's still two quality NHL players and there will be voids if they're moved.

I'm also working on getting Bobby Ryan but the price isn't exactly comforting. Right now it's the Wild's 1st+ another very strong piece. Probably would depend where the Wild would be picking...

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
04-05-2012, 11:06 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Ya, I don't think the hypothetical trade is exactly a slam dunk. While Schenn had some really high hopes thrust upon him, he hasn't exactly progressed much since he's come into the league. Granted, he's generally reliable and solid but there's really not a ton of upside there; especially offensive. And as replaceable as some think Backstrom and Clutterbuck are, that's still two quality NHL players and there will be voids if they're moved.

I'm also working on getting Bobby Ryan but the price isn't exactly comforting. Right now it's the Wild's 1st+ another very strong piece. Probably would depend where the Wild would be picking...
I think the value is close for the Schenn deal, but I think I'd rather try get a different (similar value) player from someone else. But thinking about it more, and in the context of potentially moving our 1st for an established top 6 scorer, I would be somewhat inclined to do it. Schenn + Gilbert is enough to make our defense passable while we wait a little more on Brodin and Scandella. And such a move would make us less dependent upon a highly drafted d-man this year.

I think I'd rather stand pat, but I can't really argue with anyone going the other way.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm with NSF on this one. Backstrom is a good goalie, and we have lots of good goalies. Clutter is a nice player, but Bulmer should be able to fill his role in time with much better all-around game. Schenn is a nice young D-man with good upside.

The problem is Backstrom has a NTC and I can't see him wanting to go to a high-pressure market like Toronto when he's the #1 guy in a low-key place like Minnesota. Maybe if he was getting squeezed out of starts, but he isn't.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
The problem is Backstrom has a NTC and I can't see him wanting to go to a high-pressure market like Toronto when he's the #1 guy in a low-key place like Minnesota. Maybe if he was getting squeezed out of starts, but he isn't.
Capgeek doesn't show Backstrom with a NTC so within the framework of the game, I'm all good if I want to move him.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Yeah, it's not really certain whether it's still in effect either. IIRC, it was a conditional NTC, but the conditions weren't made public. It's probably safe to assume (for actual trade proposals rather than for your offseason game) they were met and it's still in place though.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Bit random but I'm doing a mock offseason for the Wild right now...

Would you guys trade Backstrom and Clutterbuck (+something really minor) to Toronto for Luke Schenn? I'm leaning yes but not sure.
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Old
04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Schenn is getting worse with every game. I just read a bunch of Toronto fans say that he's the slowest defenseman on their team and his hockey sense is only OK. Sounds like another Barker (+ more physicality) in the making.

Old
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1081
Backstrom and Clutterbuck+?

I'm not too impressed with Schenn. Maybe Backstrom or Clutterbuck+.

Closed Thread