HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason? You want to talk about the offseason?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2012, 12:58 PM
  #201
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Lidstrom won't ever play for an NHL team not named Detroit. There's nothing to even bring up.

squidz* is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 01:08 PM
  #202
J22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 814
here's a question that probably fits in here the best.

If the Wild end up drafting one of Yakupov, Grigorenko, or Galchenyuk, do they then go after a guy like Semin in FA? He wouldnt cost near as much as Parise and probably wouldnt be as sought after either. Just a thought.

J22 is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
  #203
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
I don't see a scenario where Semin would fit in with the culture that Yeo wants to implement with the team.

squidz* is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM
  #204
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,461
vCash: 500
I highly doubt GMCF goes after Semin. Seems like an awful fit, talented but not someone I want around the prospects, and not someone worth making the locker room atmosphere worse. He'd probably pull a Zids IMO.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
  #205
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 12,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
here's a question that probably fits in here the best.

If the Wild end up drafting one of Yakupov, Grigorenko, or Galchenyuk, do they then go after a guy like Semin in FA? He wouldnt cost near as much as Parise and probably wouldnt be as sought after either. Just a thought.
I've warmed to the idea of adding him, contract dependent of course. We are going to have a lot of space to use up, and pairing him with Granlund is intriguing. However, I think the chance it happens is very, very slim.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
  #206
J22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I don't see a scenario where Semin would fit in with the culture that Yeo wants to implement with the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
I highly doubt GMCF goes after Semin. Seems like an awful fit, talented but not someone I want around the prospects, and not someone worth making the locker room atmosphere worse. He'd probably pull a Zids IMO.
How would adding Semin be any different than adding a guy like Seto?

J22 is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 01:31 PM
  #207
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
How would adding Semin be any different than adding a guy like Seto?
Seto's reputation is of being streaky. Taking Yeo's statements on the matter, Seto gets frustrated easily and works too hard on one portion of the game, abandoning the others to try compensate. Semin's reputation is of being lazy. It's not that he's sacrificing defense for offense, it's that he just doesn't bother to show up some nights.

Obviously this is all hearsay, but that's all we have to work with.

squidz* is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 02:28 PM
  #208
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Lidstrom won't ever play for an NHL team not named Detroit. There's nothing to even bring up.
...can we re-name the team the Minnesota Detroits?

Jarick is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
  #209
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
...can we re-name the team the Minnesota Detroits?
Gag me with a snow shovel.

Avder is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 08:14 PM
  #210
roon
Registered User
 
roon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
...can we re-name the team the Minnesota Detroits?
Our violent crime rate would need to sky rocket.

roon is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:37 AM
  #211
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Any chance we sign Justin Schultz if he gets to free agency? The guy might not want to be on the Wild, but he would be starting on the blueline next year.

Edit - Yeah, typed Jeff when I meant Justin.


Last edited by nickschultzfan: 03-24-2012 at 11:49 AM.
nickschultzfan is online now  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
  #212
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Any chance we sign Jeff Schultz if he gets to free agency? The guy might not want to be on the Wild, but he would be starting on the blueline next year.
I think every team in the NHL will be after him.

Who knows tho.

Avder is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:46 AM
  #213
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 12,763
vCash: 500
Justin Schultz?

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:49 AM
  #214
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
We should sign him, then trade back for Nick Schultz and make them a defensive pairing.

Then trade for Faulk and pair him with Falk. Finally, acquire Tyler Spurgeon from NYI and convert him to D.

Oh, and trade for Markus Granlund, too.

Puhis is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
  #215
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
We should sign him, then trade back for Nick Schultz and make them a defensive pairing.

Then trade for Faulk and pair him with Falk. Finally, acquire Tyler Spurgeon from NYI and convert him to D.

Oh, and trade for Markus Granlund, too.
I groaned.

Also if we did any of this Greenlay's head would explode from all of the punsmanship he would have at his disposal.

Avder is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 01:46 PM
  #216
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 500
How many rookies is MIN planning to bring to the NHL next year?

Granlund, Coyle, Bulmer, Brodin, Zucker, Phillips,whoever they draft with their 2012 1st? They have a bunch of guys who might be ready for at least an NHL test drive.

speeds is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 02:02 PM
  #217
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 12,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds View Post
How many rookies is MIN planning to bring to the NHL next year?

Granlund, Coyle, Bulmer, Brodin, Zucker, Phillips,whoever they draft with their 2012 1st? They have a bunch of guys who might be ready for at least an NHL test drive.
I'm guessing 3-4 will get consistent PT.

Granlund and Brodin are seemingly locks.

I'm hoping Coyle sticks and then maybe one of Larsson/Zucker can fill the 3rd line LW spot.

Heatley - Koivu - Coyle
Granlund - Cullen - Setoguchi
Larsson/Zucker - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Kassian - Powe - Johnson

Brodin should be in the top-4.

Will Hackett still count as a rookie?

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 02:05 PM
  #218
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I'm guessing 3-4 will get consistent PT.

Granlund and Brodin are seemingly locks.

I'm hoping Coyle sticks and then maybe one of Larsson/Zucker can fill the 3rd line LW spot.

Heatley - Koivu - Coyle
Granlund - Cullen - Setoguchi
Larsson/Zucker - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Kassian - Powe - Johnson

Brodin should be in the top-4.

Will Hackett still count as a rookie?
That looks like a genuine NHL lineup.

I think Hackett might still count, isnt it like X years or Y games, whichever comes first?

Avder is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #219
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 12,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
That looks like a genuine NHL lineup.

I think Hackett might still count, isnt it like X years or Y games, whichever comes first?
I know... seems weird.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 02:07 PM
  #220
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I know... seems weird.
about the only thing I dont like about it is Cullen at 2C. Just like this year, I'm gonna be saying "I think we can do better than Cullen for 2nd line center".

The guy just becomes invisible the moment its later than december first.

Avder is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  #221
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 12,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
about the only thing I dont like about it is Cullen at 2C. Just like this year, I'm gonna be saying "I think we can do better than Cullen for 2nd line center".

The guy just becomes invisible the moment its later than december first.
I think we're stuck with him though. The only alternatives are if a) one of the rookies (Granlund, Larsson) flat-out beats him out for the job, b) we bump Brodziak to the 2nd line (a possibility) and Cullen is #3C or c) we sign a #2C in FA and he plays #3LW. I guess I don't see any of those really happening.

He's got 1 year left, we can live with it.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 04:42 PM
  #222
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I'm guessing 3-4 will get consistent PT.

Granlund and Brodin are seemingly locks.

I'm hoping Coyle sticks and then maybe one of Larsson/Zucker can fill the 3rd line LW spot.

Heatley - Koivu - Coyle
Granlund - Cullen - Setoguchi
Larsson/Zucker - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Kassian - Powe - Johnson

Brodin should be in the top-4.

Will Hackett still count as a rookie?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cullen has spent the last two years proving how completely worthless he is in the top-6 and especially at center. Go look how much better Brodziak has been in 5v5 situations.

I'm praying that he's traded, brought out, or banished to a 3rd line winger spot.

nickschultzfan is online now  
Old
03-24-2012, 04:57 PM
  #223
Wild48
Ski U Mah
 
Wild48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cullen has spent the last two years proving how completely worthless he is in the top-6 and especially at center. Go look how much better Brodziak has been in 5v5 situations.

I'm praying that he's traded, brought out, or banished to a 3rd line winger spot.
Please no more buyouts.

Wild48 is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 05:04 PM
  #224
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 36,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
Please no more buyouts.
Trade or waive then. Does Cullen's NTC have the same force in the offseason as it does during?

Avder is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 05:43 PM
  #225
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,518
vCash: 827
Cullen won't fit in anywhere next year. He's not good enough to be a 2nd line center and we already have Brodziak as our 3rd line center.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.