HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Game #43: vs Colorado Avalanche 1/14 - 2:00 PM (CST)

Old
01-14-2012, 08:48 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Are people really going to put Gully on the hot burner already? Have we already admitted the faults in our personnel? Do you seriously believe Gully is holding back the talent on this team?
Defensively? No, I think the personnel is the problem there. On the PP? I think he's part of the problem.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Defensively? No, I think the personnel is the problem there. On the PP? I think he's part of the problem.
If you watch Detroit's or Vancouver's power play, they do a lot of penetration into the diamond that most teams play. Us? We overload one side and play the umbrella which doesn't work anymore since our wingers can't win puck battles in the corner and our D-men aren't fast enough on the trigger. And none of them can pass for ****.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Bennrocks

So I was at this atrociously boring game yesterday. Probably lost this one because the team skated like they were wearing 100 lbs of weight on their backs. The reffing was awful and we could have easily had 3-4 more powerplays. I thought that everyone on defense aside from Souray looked pretty good but Souray was slow as hell and could not make a pass to save his life. The offense looked sluggish outside of wandell and the 3rd line. The Powerplay really needs some work and all they try to do is cycle down low or stand around and stickhandle. Was probably wandell's best game of the season. I think I need to stop going to games though because they always lose, they lost every game I went to last season, this one and other notable games such as having to watch the cup being given to the devils in 2000

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
So I was at this atrociously boring game yesterday. Probably lost this one because the team skated like they were wearing 100 lbs of weight on their backs. The reffing was awful and we could have easily had 3-4 more powerplays. I thought that everyone on defense aside from Souray looked pretty good but Souray was slow as hell and could not make a pass to save his life. The offense looked sluggish outside of wandell and the 3rd line. The Powerplay really needs some work and all they try to do is cycle down low or stand around and stickhandle. Was probably wandell's best game of the season. I think I need to stop going to games though because they always lose, they lost every game I went to last season, this one and other notable games such as having to watch the cup being given to the devils in 2000
There were a couple of plays where Souray found his legs and bolted pretty well but yeah, overwall he was very slow. Our entire forwards group was incredibly sluggish.

They won the vast majority of games I went to last season. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case this season.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
There were a couple of plays where Souray found his legs and bolted pretty well but yeah, overwall he was very slow. Our entire forwards group was incredibly sluggish.

They won the vast majority of games I went to last season. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case this season.
It was really just an awful game all around

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
It was really just an awful game all around
Pretty much, I wish it were possible to get my money back!

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:06 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Interesting stat, no team in the NHL has won a game where they fly back and play a pre-5pm game 2 days later.
Quote:
It's easy to say "the Stars are just using the schedule as an excuse", but the truth is that this sort of turnaround between games is detrimental to any team -- not just the Stars. Including the loss by Dallas on Saturday, teams this season are a combined 0-5-0 when forced to play at 7 p.m. local, change time zones and lose an hour, then play earlier than 5 p.m. local the next day. Dallas is the only team in this category that had to change two time zones.
http://www.defendingbigd.com/2012/1/...ce=twitterfeed

Its easy to make excuses, but this is a real complaint.

Also this picture is insane:

Last edited by MetalGodAOD: 01-15-2012 at 02:19 PM.
MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote