HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Milbury disects Habs management/team

Old
01-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
I doubt the guy has even watched one Habs game this season.

Look we know our GM and owners are incompetent but boy do the Toronto media have a field day with the Habs right now. Ron McClane on CBC said it was a gong show in Montreal.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 06:48 AM
HabsByTheBay

Price is the main reason we aren't near Columbus territory.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:44 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
Price is the main reason we aren't near Columbus territory.
Blame Price if we don't draft top 2.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Go Habs Go

Everytime I see mad Mike on TV, I can almost hear the circus music in the background... The guy shouldn't even be involved in PeeWee hockey.

Go Habs Go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveshutt View Post
Is this true? I've been busy this year and haven't seen many games. I know Price hasn't been as good this year as he was last year, but "below average"? Any merit in this?
Another thread to stir the insecure Price fans. Milbury said on Hotstove that Carey Price was "not over .500" , he didn't say "below average". Not that either statement is outrageous.

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Everytime I see mad Mike on TV, I can almost hear the circus music in the background... The guy shouldn't even be involved in PeeWee hockey.
For the children's safety.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Milbury is definitely the go to guy when it comes down to evaluating a goalie! His resume speaks for itself.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:42 AM
durojean

Milbury is right... When the game is on the line Price never makes the big saves. But what's good for him is that he is one of the very bests when the other team has the lead.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Below his last year standard, i'd agree. But last year standard was top 3 in the league, that's not an easy standard to keep in front of such a team this year.

Below average is ridiculous, we'd be dead last with any goalie who's not a top10 in the world at this point imo.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:20 AM
HCH

Milbury's comments

Mods... please feel free to merge this with other threads. I don't know where it fits best.

Did anyone hear Mike Milbury talking about Gauthier's efforts at trading Cammalleri

He was commenting that when he was a GM he always called all the other GM's before he made a trade to make sure he got full value. How can anyone take Milbury seriously when he makes a comment like that? No one in history made more bad trades than he did. But he wouldn't stop at making one comment. He had to keep going back to it again and again.

While some people could make the comment about Gauthier's efforts, it sounded hilarious coming out of Milbury's mouth,

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Mods... please feel free to merge this with other threads. I don't know where it fits best.

Did anyone hear Mike Milbury talking about Gauthier's efforts at trading Cammalleri

He was commenting that when he was a GM he always called all the other GM's before he made a trade to make sure he got full value. How can anyone take Milbury seriously when he makes a comment like that? No one in history made more bad trades than he did. But he wouldn't stop at making one comment. He had to keep going back to it again and again.

While some people could make the comment about Gauthier's efforts, it sounded hilarious coming out of Milbury's mouth,
Ultimate

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Does anybody honestly think that given Cammy's situation, cap hit and production that anybody would have done better than Calgary. They are desperate and he's had past success there.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:31 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:

There are many who will kick the Habs at every chance. We have made many enemies on our way to 24 Cups.

Can't talk Milbury and trades together. The guy was worse trader ever.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:34 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:

Yeah it was pretty funny hearing him give GM advice. Why does CBC employ all these idiots on their show? Gotta feel for Ron Maclean listening to all these idiots. Hrudey, Milbury, Stock and Healey I can't stand any of their biased opinions. Ron is the only respectable guy out of the bunch.

CrazyShea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:

If anyone should keep his mouth shut when it comes down to managing a team, it's Milbury. He's just asking for it. He has no lessons to give to anyone, he was completely inept at doing his job and the Islanders are still recovering from the damages he's done.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:40 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

I cannot believe there is 5 pages about what Mike Milbury said...

http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-50095

/Thread

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:43 AM
habfaninvictoria

Price hasn't really stolen any games... but I don't think he's below average.

While Milbury may be right about our management... how many years does it take one that Milbury managed to get back to respectability... we don't know yet.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:57 AM
S Bah

Quote:

With all the naysayers talking this trash Gauthier should be given a ten -year contract as soon as possible.

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Et le But

Too bad Milbury isn't still a GM, I'd love to trade Gomez for Tavares.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:20 AM
HCH

I also had to chuckle at Hrudey's comments about Bourque's inconsistency. He said Cunneyworth would be losing some sleep trying to find ways to motivate him. Over the previous three years Bourque's best year was 27 goals and his worst was 21. Cammy on the other hand had years of 39, 26 and 19 goals. You tell me which one is inconsistent.

Yet the media seems to have selective memory. They are completely fixated on Cammy's 39 goal season in Calgary. Was that season an anomaly or is it a true indicator of what Cammy will do going forward?

I am sure the Cammalleri has cost his coaches just as much sleep as Bourque.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Really? Is it hilarious to think that a GM would talk to as many GM's as possible when it came time to moving their best assets.

As was noted on Hotstove, and not disputed in any way, is that Gauthier has taken the 2 players responsible for the Habs making the ECF , and traded them both away in deals where the GM chose to discuss options with only one other team. Do you think that's hilarious?

That's incompetence, and it doesn't become more competent when it's pointed out by Mike Milbury.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Does anybody honestly think that given Cammy's situation, cap hit and production that anybody would have done better than Calgary. They are desperate and he's had past success there.
We would likely have done much better at the deadline, but Gauthier still hopes to make the playoffs.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:51 AM
habtastic

Milbury didn't just say that Price wasn't great, he implied that Gauthier shouldn't be credited for the Halak trade, that it was a bad one, as is the Cammy one. That was the implication - look at Price now, Habs fans lost Halak and Cammy, their playoff heros, neglecting completely that the majority of us (and you know what, it IS the majority even though there's quite a lot of nonsense about Price) are quite happy with those trades and the returns. He said nothing about Cole, nothing about the good little piece trades, just a blanket statement that actually ignored stuff like the Markov injury or Kaberle (which I can't say most of us agree on). Those might be valid. Cammy and Halak, no, he's spewing bs. And yeah, I can't believe that no one gave him **** (would have hoped Hrudy might) about him being a bad GM. I used to depend on Ron to clear things up and he did kind of try, but the segment was shifting gears.

When he said PK turtled, nooooobody said anything about what really happened. Milbury said it was an example of how our organization is a big mess. Please digest that. The non-turtle, PK playing well these days, is an example of why PG should be fired...

It's just frustrating these guys can't come up with one simple line that EVERYONE in the country would love to hear, no matter what team they're a fan of:

"Really Mike? So PG should take GM lessons from you?"

He was in a different city! Those ******* wouldn't even be hit with a shoe or roughed up at their next rec league game.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Disturbed1
GO HABS GO

vCash: 134
I stopped at Milbury.

Disturbed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That question would be fully answered if it was clear that Gauthier engaged most of the other GM's in discussions about Cammalleri.

Now that we know that he did not do this, and that he didn't do that for the Halak trade, we now are positive that Gauthier does not act in the best interests of the team. That's not good for the club or the fans.