HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim Scouting Nashville (R.Suter, C.Wilson, G.Bourque and S.Kostitsyn)

Old
01-15-2012, 10:36 PM
PhoenyX

vCash: 500
I'd be happy with Ryan+ for a signed Suter.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:48 PM
maplepred

What are the chances Ryan is actually dealt to Nashville???

Is Nashville a better trading partner for ducks than leafs??

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
What are the chances Ryan is actually dealt to Nashville???

Is Nashville a better trading partner for ducks than leafs??
Yes. They have Wilson and Sutter. 2 pieces that any Ducks fan would be ok with a trade around.

The leafs have alot of prospects/picks/players that are 1 year wonders/UFAs. We have heard every combination of them over 10,000 posts worth of trade proposals and in 1 little thread with Nash has been more fulfilling.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Agreed. I think both teams will hate any deal like this, but they will love it at the same time
I would be willing to do Wilson & Blum for Ryan, but that's scary as a Nashville fan. We are giving up out best offensive asset and one of our more promising defensive assets. Obviously this gets us a proven player, but the point of this trade would be to convince our studs to stay. If this doesn't do it, I honestly think this trade makes us worse, add to that our top pairing gone, and the sky is officially falling in Nashville. So that's worse case scenario, but like I said it's always scary giving up assets like the ones we are throwing around.

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:15 PM
NoNecksCurse

I dont know if I do wilson + blum for ryan... maybe throw in a pick to NSH to make me feel better ? 4th rounder?

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
I dont know if I do wilson + blum for ryan... maybe throw in a pick to NSH to make me feel better ? 4th rounder?
No. The trade is fair for both sides.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
I would be willing to do Wilson & Blum for Ryan, but that's scary as a Nashville fan. We are giving up out best offensive asset and one of our more promising defensive assets. Obviously this gets us a proven player, but the point of this trade would be to convince our studs to stay. If this doesn't do it, I honestly think this trade makes us worse, add to that our top pairing gone, and the sky is officially falling in Nashville. So that's worse case scenario, but like I said it's always scary giving up assets like the ones we are throwing around.
Realistically, I don`t think Nashville could trade for Bobby Ryan without giving up Suter. Not just because that`s what the Ducks would want, but financially, I`m not sure they could afford Rinne, Weber, Suter and Ryan(hell I`ve heard they might struggle to keep their own 3).

But, hey, if the Ducks are supposedly scouting those 4, what would it take to get all four? Maybe something like Ryan, Visnovsky, Palmieri, and maybe a draft pick or something? Ryan and Suter are pretty close to even, and Wilson and Palmieri aren`t too far off, and Visnovsky`s probably close to being worth **** and Bourque. Nashville finally gets their proven stud forward, a great offensive d-man who`s signed cheap and helps replace Suter, and a very promising forward prospect to somewhat replace Wilson in that regard. Meanwhile Anaheim gets their rock solid top defenseman, a young center to slide behind Getzlaf and a couple of wingers to round it out. Maybe a draft pick or something balances it out, but otherwise, IMO it makes sense for both sides. What do Preds fans think?

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPeyton View Post
Realistically, I don`t think Nashville could trade for Bobby Ryan without giving up Suter. Not just because that`s what the Ducks would want, but financially, I`m not sure they could afford Rinne, Weber, Suter and Ryan(hell I`ve heard they might struggle to keep their own 3).

But, hey, if the Ducks are supposedly scouting those 4, what would it take to get all four? Maybe something like Ryan, Visnovsky, Palmieri, and maybe a draft pick or something? Ryan and Suter are pretty close to even, and Wilson and Palmieri aren`t too far off, and Visnovsky`s probably close to being worth **** and Bourque. Nashville finally gets their proven stud forward, a great offensive d-man who`s signed cheap and helps replace Suter, and a very promising forward prospect to somewhat replace Wilson in that regard. Meanwhile Anaheim gets their rock solid top defenseman, a young center to slide behind Getzlaf and a couple of wingers to round it out. Maybe a draft pick or something balances it out, but otherwise, IMO it makes sense for both sides. What do Preds fans think?
This is like a team offering 4 pieces for Getzlaf. even if the value is there we wouldnt like it.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
This is like a team offering 4 pieces for Getzlaf. even if the value is there we wouldnt like it.
Well, the Ducks are also trading three, or perhaps four, pieces. Suter`s enough value for Ryan, it just creates a few holes, as in Anaheim loses a forward and doesn`t have a ton of budget room to replace him, and also has Sbisa as a 6th defenseman, which is overkill. Meanwhile Nashville`s defense really doesn`t look so good. This way, Nashville`s defense remains quite good, and Anaheim adds some forwards, especially a second line center. They probably need to add another something to better balance things, though.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Well, the Ducks are also trading three, or perhaps four, pieces. Suter`s enough value for Ryan, it just creates a few holes, as in Anaheim loses a forward and doesn`t have a ton of budget room to replace him, and also has Sbisa as a 6th defenseman, which is overkill. Meanwhile Nashville`s defense really doesn`t look so good. This way, Nashville`s defense remains quite good, and Anaheim adds some forwards, especially a second line center. They probably need to add another something to better balance things, though.
Trades with that many pieces are too hard to balance.

Wilson+Blum for Ryan

Sutter for Ryan+

Its that easy.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:39 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
No. The trade is fair for both sides.
take a joke? please?

also when did you decide what is "fair"? ill leave that up to the GMs

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Maybe, but I imagine it depends highly on circumstances of the trade. If there is even the slightest risk that Suter walks, then his value plummets, at least with Anaheim as the suitor.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

If Suter doesn't stay in Nashville, it's not because he wasn't offered enough money. Poile and Preds ownership has stated an intention to be a cap team next year, the building is sold out every game over the last couple of months, and they've already made a statement by signing Rinne to a huge deal.

That said, I'd love to get Ryan in Nashville. The offense is already hovering near top ten, and the goals are distributed evenly throughout the roster, with only Boston having more players with 8 or more goals, but they lack a go-to sniper. Ryan could be that. I'd think they'd only really want to make the deal if it focused around pieces other than Suter or Weber, though. I think Hornqvist, Blum or Ellis, and a first or Austin Watson would be an appealing place to start. I'd hesitate to include Wilson because I think he has the potential to be even better than Ryan, but I could see him included if it were Getzlaf on the table.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Maybe, but I imagine it depends highly on circumstances of the trade. If there is even the slightest risk that Suter walks, then his value plummets, at least with Anaheim as the suitor.
It's not even a question that he would have to be resigned beforehand.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:49 PM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Why would Anaheim trade for Suter? They're not making the playoffs and if Nashville can't resign him, why would Anaheim believe they could? Nashville is a better team.

Awful

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
If Suter is re-signed, there's no way the Preds move him. If you're talking about a sign and trade, why would Suter refuse to sign with the Preds, but agree to a sign and trade to the Ducks? Makes no sense.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Not necessarily. Murray could be looking to make a major gamble here, and maybe have an extra piece or two going with Suter. That said, I doubt Suter goes before the deadline. I still expect them to trade early rights around the time of the draft.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgson View Post
Why would Anaheim trade for Suter? They're not making the playoffs and if Nashville can't resign him, why would Anaheim believe they could? Nashville is a better team.

Awful
Because we had 5 players with more then 18 more points then their top scorer last year. IDK maybe he likes In N Out.

I'm not hating on you guys Nashville, just this guy who wants to come attack Ducks fans like we are making up rumors and swearing that Suter will be ours.

Funny thing is he probably thinks the Nucks will sign him this offseason because as we know, everyone wants to play for canadian teams even if it means having a 5 mil cap hit so they can fit you under their already crazy cap situation.

Stay classy Hodgson, or dont. You will just make yourself look even worse.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
If Suter is re-signed, there's no way the Preds move him. If you're talking about a sign and trade, why would Suter refuse to sign with the Preds, but agree to a sign and trade to the Ducks? Makes no sense.
I'm not saying he would or he will, just that it would have to happen.

Honestly I wonder the same thing as the Ducks fan above me about being able to afford all of your big 3 AND 1 of the Ducks.

Coming from another financialy tight team I feel the pain. I really hope Sutter signs with the Preds instead of going to Detroit or something.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:03 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Quote:
Because we had 5 players with more then 18 more points then their top scorer last year. IDK maybe he likes In N Out.

I'm not hating on you guys Nashville, just this guy who wants to come attack Ducks fans like we are making up rumors and swearing that Suter will be ours.

Funny thing is he probably thinks the Nucks will sign him this offseason because as we know, everyone wants to play for canadian teams even if it means having a 5 mil cap hit so they can fit you under their already crazy cap situation.

Stay classy Hodgson, or dont. You will just make yourself look even worse.

I didn't even read the thread, sorry if you thought I was refering to you, I just read the title and because of the title

speculation: anaheim scouting nashville for suter

why would I even bother wasting my time reading the posts in here

chill out

and also no I don't think we're going to get Suter, I was actually concerned for Anaheim. If they trade Ryan, let alone Ryan + they get absolutely fleeced

And only now I realize that some of you actually think it's a good idea

Nashville absolutely wins, if Suter isn't going to resign with them

I hope you're the only ducks fan advocating for this trade, Nashville is a great organization and they're going to do all that is possible as we've seen with Rinne to keep him, why would Suter spite them and sign with you guys

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:19 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Man Ryan would look great in his uncle's old number here in Chicago

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Suter

You really think chicago would pay 7 million for a defenseman to put in their second pair??

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:22 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
Joking right? If we get ryan without giving up Ellis, Josi, or our 1st, that's a win for us. Wilson looks like he's gonna live up to potential, but Ryan is still a significant upgrade.

Edit: oops! Just saw your post about how you were joking haha

Old
01-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Joking right? If we get ryan without giving up Ellis, Josi, or our 1st, that's a win for us. Wilson looks like he's gonna live up to potential, but Ryan is still a significant upgrade.

Edit: oops! Just saw your post about how you were joking haha
Dont worry, you were not the only one who could not tell he was joking.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:44 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Can't help but notice that other than Suter only forwards were scouted.(And do they really have to scout Suter? )

Can one of you ducks fans tell me if you have a lot of defensive prspects in the pipeline such that they would rather have two or three forwards instead of one forward and one defenseman?

Seems plausible for a team with one superstar line but not much scoring depth, but I don't know the ducks well enough to say.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Can't help but notice that other than Suter only forwards were scouted.(And do they really have to scout Suter? )

Can one of you ducks fans tell me if you have a lot of defensive prspects in the pipeline such that they would rather have two or three forwards instead of one forward and one defenseman?

Seems plausible for a team with one superstar line but not much scoring depth, but I don't know the ducks well enough to say.
We have Schultz who is the best defensemen in the NCAA, and arguably the best player period.

Then we have Vatanen who is the reigning "Norris" trophy winner of Finalnd. He was on his way to winning back to back this year but he was hurt which may prevent that.

The problem is that we have no physical shutdown guys coming.

Centers and Shutdown guys are the weakness of the Ducks organization.