HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Anaheim Scouting Nashville (R.Suter, C.Wilson, G.Bourque and S.Kostitsyn)

Old
01-16-2012, 01:11 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
We have Schultz who is the best defensemen in the NCAA, and arguably the best player period.

Then we have Vatanen who is the reigning "Norris" trophy winner of Finalnd. He was on his way to winning back to back this year but he was hurt which may prevent that.

The problem is that we have no physical shutdown guys coming.

Centers and Shutdown guys are the weakness of the Ducks organization.

well, we really don't have a shutdown guy either, but we have several top notch prospects who are ready for NHL action right now and have 1st pair potential.

Wilson was a center in college but has played wing for the most part up here.

My guess is if a deal goes down its Wilson, Borque, one of our D prospects, and a 1st for Ryan.

Preds fans will say its too much but we only get by with less if there isn't a bidding war

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:24 AM
JohnnyDuck93

vCash: 500
Somebody tell me about suter i know he's a good passer but thats about it from what i know Weber would be a better fit.Also what about

Wilson
Suter(unextended)
2 conditional 1st (Suter doesnt resign)

Bobby Ryan
Lubomir Visnovsky

Last edited by JohnnyDuck93: 01-16-2012 at 01:34 AM.
JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuck93 View Post
Somebody tell me about suter i know he's a good passer but thats about it from what i know Weber would be a better fit.Also what about

Wilson
Suter(unextended)

Bobby Ryan
Lubomir Visnovsky
Why in the **** would the Ducks do this? Sutter doesnt resign and it destroys us.

Think before you post.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:32 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Why in the **** would the Ducks do this? Sutter doesnt resign and it destroys us.

Think before you post.
Yupps and gimmie your first!

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 01:34 AM
JohnnyDuck93

Quote:

Think before you post.
Happy

Old
01-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:

Wilson
Suter(unextended)
2 conditional 1st (Suter doesnt resign)

Bobby Ryan
Lubomir Visnovsky
Why do we do this? It's January. I'd be more than willing to take the risk of getting outbid if we just offer Lubo for Suter + conditional picks. If the offers in previous years are any indication of what the competing bids would be, then we may be offering them the best quality for their situation.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:30 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I take offense to Blum and Wilson considered fair value for Ryan. I'd take one of the many Toronto deals over that. Hell...I'll take JVR+Schenn over that.
I wouldnt. I still think our #1 need is a center. Someone other then Holland who is top 6 potential.

JVR+Schenn would not happen. I woudl take that if it was on the table but I doubt it ever would be.

Old
01-16-2012, 03:33 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I wouldnt. I still think our #1 need is a center. Someone other then Holland who is top 6 potential.

JVR+Schenn would not happen. I woudl take that if it was on the table but I doubt it ever would be.
I thought Wilson was playing wing these days.

Old
01-16-2012, 03:49 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I thought Wilson was playing wing these days.
DONT **** ON MY DREAMS. YOU ARE DRIVING ME TO DRINK

From what I heard he played center his whole life. IDK

Old
01-16-2012, 03:53 AM
JohnnyDuck93

Whats suters game like i know he is a good passer but thats it

Old
01-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
DONT **** ON MY DREAMS. YOU ARE DRIVING ME TO DRINK

From what I heard he played center his whole life. IDK
Craig Smith would be a good candidate for 2C. He was a demon at the WCs last year. I don't think Nashville would consider trading him. It probably doesn't matter, at this point I think Getz and Ryan have made their way out of the dog house.

Old
01-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Whats suters game like i know he is a good passer but thats it
Elite two-way defenseman. Valuable in all situations. A Mr. Everything.

Old
01-16-2012, 04:13 AM
GeoSacks

I really don't see Nashville selling a key player at the deadline, UFA or not. The team right now is strong enough to win a cup if Rinne turns in one of those "hot playoff goalie" performances (think JSG, Halak, or Ward). Do Nashville fans see their chances at a cup growing or declining over the next couple seasons? I'm really not familiar with their development.

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:54 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoSacks View Post
I really don't see Nashville selling a key player at the deadline, UFA or not. The team right now is strong enough to win a cup if Rinne turns in one of those "hot playoff goalie" performances (think JSG, Halak, or Ward). Do Nashville fans see their chances at a cup growing or declining over the next couple seasons? I'm really not familiar with their development.
Nah, you need at least 1 great F, but then you have a better chance than lot of here thinks imo. Preds could do really big damage in PO`s.

But that doesnt change the fact that i hate them.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:20 AM
GeoSacks

But they could trade prospects/picks at the deadline to pick up a top six forward and take a good run at the cup. Trading Suter seems like a step in the wrong direction unless they see their best chance at the cup coming a season or two down the road.

Elite defense and goaltending. Strong forward depth. With one or two top-line forwards, the preds put me in mind of Anaheim's cup-winning team.

Last edited by GeoSacks: 01-16-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old
01-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
But they could trade prospects/picks at the deadline to pick up a top six forward and take a good run at the cup. Trading Suter seems like a step in the wrong direction unless they see their best chance at the cup coming a season or two down the road.
I doubt Suter would pull someone that's ready to play in the top six. If past trades are any indication of what you'd get, he'll return a secondary piece or two and some futures with mixed value. That's why I expect Nashville to hold on to him for a playoff run, and maybe pick up a rental or two.

Old
01-16-2012, 05:33 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:

Elite defense and goaltending. Strong forward depth. With one or two top-line forwards, the preds put me in mind of Anaheim's cup-winning team.
Exaxtly, with right moves at the deadline, they can become really dangerous team with not loosing their core pieces.

But even with one or two top6 forwards added, they wont have ''Pahlsson'' line, but they do have some great defensive forwards, so, they still could make it further than 2nd round this year.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:57 AM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
growing. numerous youngsters on an upward arc. Assuming they re-sign, the leagues top defensive pair. Elite goalie capable of carrying the team for long stretches. All that really appears to be missing is a reliable goal scoring forward, which would be Ryan.

Its a crapshoot s to whether we would trade Suter if he isn't re-signed by the deadline. the way we are playing now it looks like we could make a decent run this year even without an upgrade at forward so I am inclined to think we keep him.

Personally I think you guys would be nuts to trade for him without knowing if he would extend with you... as someone mentioned earlier in the thread if he leaves Nashville it won't be because we won't pay him, it will be because he thinks he has a better shot at a Cup elsewhere, and given the current state of your team I can't imagine that he looks at the whole NHL and picks Anaheim as his best shot at a Cup(no offense intended)... the hypothetical that gives us Preds fans nightmares is he is signed to fill Lidstroms slot in Detroit...

Old
01-16-2012, 06:01 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

They have the same build and style except the 07 Ducks were better in every part of the game on paper and on the ice.

Offense: Ducks by a long shot

Defense: The Ducks top 3 were better then the Preds top 3 but the Preds have better depth.

Goalies: Even, except I will give the nod to the Con Smyth winner.

X factor: Pahlsson line

Has there ever been a better shutdown line?

Moen-Pahlsson-Neidermayer

Neidermayer-Pronger

Old
01-16-2012, 06:02 AM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Exaxtly, with right moves at the deadline, they can become really dangerous team with not loosing their core pieces.

But even with one or two top6 forwards added, they wont have ''Pahlsson'' line, but they do have some great defensive forwards, so, they still could make it further than 2nd round this year.
Im not familiar with what you mean by a "Pahlsson line"..if you mean a line of supposed grinders who end up playing solid defense and providing timely secondary scoring, we actually have that right now. The Spaling-Tootoo-Borque(formerly Wilson) has been our most consistent line for about 3 weeks now...

edit: I see above what you mean. we don't have a single shutdown line... pretty much every Preds line is defensively responsible, but can also score

and as much as it may be heresy, I think Suter and Weber now are as good as Pronger/Neids then...

Old
01-16-2012, 06:07 AM
JohnnyDuck93

Quote:
They have the same build and style except the 07 Ducks were better in every part of the game on paper and on the ice.

Defense: The Ducks top 3 were better then the Preds top 3 but the Preds have better depth.

Neidermayer-Pronger
Looking back that team was dreamy

Old
01-16-2012, 06:10 AM
GeoSacks

Quote:

Neidermayer-Pronger
Guigerre won the Conn Smythe in 03. His performance in 07 was very good but a Conn Smythe performance out of Rinne (far from a sure thing but everyone knows he's capable of it) would offset the difference in strength between the forward groups. Nashville won't have Neidermeyer with the puck on his stick for the entire playoffs but they'll still have perhaps the two best defensemen (debatable, I know, but certainly plausible) in the league forming their top pairing. If they think they're losing either one of those guys they'd better take their shot at the cup this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
and as much as it may be heresy, I think Suter and Weber now are as good as Pronger/Neids then...
Neidermeyer was phenomenal that year. Weber is easily comparable to Pronger but Suter's game is so different to Neidermeyer's that it's tough to say. I don't know if having an elite positional player as opposed to an elite creative player would work in their favor or against them.

Last edited by GeoSacks: 01-16-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old
01-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Personally I think you guys would be nuts to trade for him without knowing if he would extend with you... as someone mentioned earlier in the thread if he leaves Nashville it won't be because we won't pay him, it will be because he thinks he has a better shot at a Cup elsewhere, and given the current state of your team I can't imagine that he looks at the whole NHL and picks Anaheim as his best shot at a Cup(no offense intended)... the hypothetical that gives us Preds fans nightmares is he is signed to fill Lidstroms slot in Detroit...
We wouldn't trade for Suter unless he told your GM that we're a destination he'd like to land in, and this was the best opportunity to find a decent return; which is doubtful. Even if that was the case, I don't see Ryan as the bargaining chip.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Im not familiar with what you mean by a "Pahlsson line"..if you mean a line of supposed grinders who end up playing solid defense and providing timely secondary scoring, we actually have that right now. The Spaling-Tootoo-Borque(formerly Wilson) has been our most consistent line for about 3 weeks now...

edit: I see above what you mean. we don't have a single shutdown line... pretty much every Preds line is defensively responsible, but can also score

Kind of a stretch. They both played more minutes and had more points while NOT playing together. That is a big deal to me. They played 28 minutes a night while covering for mistakes from Beauchemin and O'Donnell.

Did I mention they finished #2 and #3 in Norris voting that year, once again while not playing together like Suter and Weber do.

/homerism turned off

Suter-Weber are gonna be just as good if not better for a long time. I just dont understand why they always play together. having 50 minutes a night of atleast 1 on the ice would be insane for other teams.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Guigerre won the Conn Smythe in 03. His performance in 07 was very good but a Conn Smythe performance out of Rinne (far from a sure thing but everyone knows he's capable of it) would offset the difference in strength between the forward groups. I see the preds trying to make a move this year because they very well may lose their top pairing defenders soon and we're not yet sure if the younger players will be able to pick up the slack.
I'm aware of the year I was there both years

But would you say you would take Giroux over Malkin in the playoffs? They are both great players but Malkin has been there done that. Even if it was a few years back.