HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in shootout

Old
01-14-2012, 09:29 PM
CrazyShea

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post

i believe kaberle was 5-12 in shootouts before he shoot

i wasn't overly shocked to see him because i saw him once when toronto used him in a shootout against us
No offense but they are all examples of when he was an Elite defenseman. He's not close to that level any more, terrible decision to use him imo but more than likely no one else wanna go score. We suck at shootouts

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
I do know that no other GM in would touch that contract, well other than that genious PG!
And I do know that Habs fans can't accept Habs GM and coach to be ever wrong on any of their decisions. PP was horrible, PG tried to do something about it. I can certaintly understand that EVEN IF I didn't like the trade (Kabs is soft). And I understand that hockey, trades and managing players is NOT an exact science. There are and will always be hits and misses. Why can't crazy Habs fans accept that??? Always asking for trades, getting rid of coach, GM, players, etc. It's so freaking childish.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
LOL

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
i wasn't overly shocked to see him because i saw him once when toronto used him in a shootout against us

Vintage Cammy and Gomez, 5th straight win at the Bell...

sigh...

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
We will trade you Price for Zabanajad and Stone if you want him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:31 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I don't buy that. This trade was apparently in the works for a month, and he's suddenly traded in between periods?

That has never happened before in the NHL.

Gauthier traded him in between periods on purpose. He wanted to show everyone that you don't speak out against him. It was a power move...No doubt in my mind. There have been many, many stories about Gauthier and his strange sense of ego.
I believe this also..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:31 PM
habtastic

Quote:
I don't buy that. This trade was apparently in the works for a month, and he's suddenly traded in between periods?

That has never happened before in the NHL.

Gauthier traded him in between periods on purpose. He wanted to show everyone that you don't speak out against him. It was a power move...No doubt in my mind. There have been many, many stories about Gauthier and his strange sense of ego.
You are absolutely right that the deal was in the works for weeks (not months). It was resumed the day after Cammy made the comments. Feaster said he was still interested.

In the PC, he clearly said that the deal was approved in the afternoon, but they had to have the official conference call in the evening. Feaster backed that up. What are the other stories of PG's ego? I guess the calling Mister thing is a sign of disrespect (not that it isn't weird).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Put another way, we also only have 3 wins since the language issue was brought up.

The players don't care anymore because they know all we really care about is what language the coach speaks.
don't buy it.

the players confidence is in the toilet, in no small part thanks to the ineptness and bush league management and coaching.

i see a lot of compete out of our players despite the mess...

pleks, eller, cole, dd, moen, blunden, gorges, subban, weber... all playing hard, playing with intensity... emelin (why he was a healthy scratch, i have no idea) as well.

but you can see in their body language after every mistake, every setback, that the confidence is shot.

I don't fault RC, he was put in a losing situation.

this mess falls squarely on PG's shoulders.

a strong organization with strong leadership would thrive under the scrutiny of a firestorm like the one we saw over the language issue.

an experienced coach would easily be able to turn all of that negative attention into an "us vs them" rallying point...

but when the GM, and then the owner, come out and cut his feet from under him, making him an obvious lame duck, there is nothing for the players to rally around, nothing to hold on to.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Vintage Cammy and Gomez, 5th straight win at the Bell...

sigh...
Yeah, back in our Cup contending years. Oh wait.... nevermind...

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Yeah, back in our Cup contending years. Oh wait.... nevermind...
Final 4 anyway. Pretty damn close to contending for a Cup at that point. Closest since '93.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Nothing about politics. It's reality. All the media whines about is the language issue. There are rallies in front of the Bell Centre to get the coach fired...Not because of results, but because of language. How do you think the players feel about that?

Bourque and Holland, upon being traded to Montreal, say that they hope the fans like them even if they can't speak french. This is how the NHL sees us now.
Clearly a trend based on the frenzy that Gauthier CREATED. Not the fans 'cause everybody and their mother knew it was going to create a controversy except Mister Gauthier.

As far as the players are concerned, well sorry but again, when is the last time a french media asked Andrei Kostitsyn how are his french lessons? Aside from the golf tournament, which french medias asked how was Gomez french? Aside from the coach and maybe a captain who has been here longer than some of the fans, surely the french question will come up. But it was not created by anybody than the GM who is just out of the reality that it is now. Then the question is....but should it be a reality? Well that's a whole different topic that we won't discuss based on how all sides disagree on this. But when you know that the sun will come up, you make sure that your shades are down so you won't be woken by it. Well Gauthier should have made sure that he new the reality of the situation before making such a stupid move. And he's responsible for the perception.

Besides, this "do you speak french" question was ALWAYS asked to almost any player we acquired since the day the wheel was invented. Whether there's actually some pressure to learn it once you are hear from the media is complete fabrication unless you are a HEAD coach. That's actually one guy who has that pressure.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
neumann103

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Eller missed the net by 20 feet.

Max and Kabs were too slow and got poor quality shots
Eller missed by less than Spezza did. Kaberle seemed to see an opening five hole and went for it, but got nothing on the shot (unlike Alfy). MaxPac appeared to be trying to drive it through Anderson, but there was no opening.

I admit that my bias in shootouts is to make sure you get a hard shot on net and force the goalie to stop it. But then my personal experience in shootouts is limited to one shot, as the 7th shooter, when we only had 9 skaters. And even that seemed too early to send me.

neumann103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Watching the Flames game - I smiled when Cammy's cross ice pass got intercepted on the PP

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Price does suck in shootouts. Tonight, however, was not his fault. 1 out of 3 goals should be the norm, we couldn't score. That's not on Price, it's on the players.
I know he hasn't been good this season but it's like some people are ready to blame him before the SO. If we win, good... but if we lose, it will be on Price. No matter how many goals he let in, how many nice shots he let in, but if THE TEAM lose, its HIS fault.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Time to check out Cammy.. Good job trading for a suspended player PG.. Good job..
Lol the entire reason cammy was traded mid game was so that pg could burn a fourth game off the suspension, but its amusing watching uninformed PG hate

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Blaming Price for the loss, is like blaming the guy who gets the 3rd out.....What about the other two?

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Final 4 anyway. Pretty damn close to contending for a Cup at that point. Closest since '93.
Overachieved greatly to reach that point. Then the fans and management fall in love with that result and can't face the reality.

Some teams overachieve and win the cup. Some teams overachieve and make it to the conference finals.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Lol the entire reason cammy was traded mid game was so that pg could burn a fourth game off the suspension, but its amusing watching uninformed PG hate
Really interesting take on it. Never thought of that.

Old
Skarjak

Everyone blaming Price on this is out of their minds.

Price made 2 out of 3 saves in the shootout. That is a perfectly reasonable shootout performance. People complain about not making the "key save"? What about the two key saves he made before!

Seriously, complaining about Price on this one shows how little you know.

And yet somehow our 3 shooters don't take even half the blame that Price does. Unreal.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
If true, let me ask you this. What is the most possible thing that could happen from this. You frustrated Cammalleri 'cause you pull him out of the ice and make him take a cab? Or you show how classless you are and everybody in the league, mostly the players, are just wondering what kind of organization is this and it implifies why they wouldn't want to come here.

I don't like Gauthier. I really don't. And I question a lot of things about him. But I can't believe that he chose that way to get his point across and didn't contemplace the effect of what the rest of the league would play it. To forget that the french factor is a problem is one stupid thing to do....but to actually make your organization look like a really unsensitive group.....at one point, he can't be that dumb.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Avim86

Quote:
I'm all for the trade but if he was traded to us before the game wouldn't the game vs Boston count as the 4th??

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:41 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
in terms of contracts. A guy we will be sitting on hoping someone will take him from us.
He plays every night and isn't a defensive liability. This whole agenda you and others have against Gauthier is downright pathetic. You have absolutly no ammo!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Though I don't believe in Waffledave's reason....I have a hard time believing in this as well. Why the need to burn it anyway? Let say you trade him at 6:30 or whatever. Okay so he misses the Bruins game. And he misses the Sens game. So....what's the difference between what would have happened, and what actually happened?

Old
01-14-2012, 09:43 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
No offense but they are all examples of when he was an Elite defenseman. He's not close to that level any more, terrible decision to use him imo but more than likely no one else wanna go score. We suck at shootouts
i myself didn't really want him in the shootout
i wanted cole to be in it

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:43 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
You are absolutely right that the deal was in the works for weeks (not months). It was resumed the day after Cammy made the comments. Feaster said he was still interested.

In the PC, he clearly said that the deal was approved in the afternoon, but they had to have the official conference call in the evening. Feaster backed that up. What are the other stories of PG's ego? I guess the calling Mister thing is a sign of disrespect (not that it isn't weird).
If the deal was approved in the afternoon, why did he play in that game at all? He should have been scratched from the get-go, instead of pulled half-way through the game.

Honestly...Think about it. This has never happened before in the NHL. There's a reason for that.

The stories about his ego I've heard from media guys. Stuff like, for example, not making Timmins available on draft day, and instead speaking to the media himself. Under Gainey, it was always Timmins who was made available. The stories I've heard have been stuff along the lines of Gauthier always wanting things "his way" and how he always needs to be running the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
don't buy it.

the players confidence is in the toilet, in no small part thanks to the ineptness and bush league management and coaching.

i see a lot of compete out of our players despite the mess...

pleks, eller, cole, dd, moen, blunden, gorges, subban, weber... all playing hard, playing with intensity... emelin (why he was a healthy scratch, i have no idea) as well.

but you can see in their body language after every mistake, every setback, that the confidence is shot.

I don't fault RC, he was put in a losing situation.

this mess falls squarely on PG's shoulders.

a strong organization with strong leadership would thrive under the scrutiny of a firestorm like the one we saw over the language issue.

an experienced coach would easily be able to turn all of that negative attention into an "us vs them" rallying point...

but when the GM, and then the owner, come out and cut his feet from under him, making him an obvious lame duck, there is nothing for the players to rally around, nothing to hold on to.
I feel that the language issue and the pressure put on the organization effectively killed any chance RC had of being successful here. Part of the blame is on management for how they responded, but ultimately the fact that it was even an issue to begin with is sad and pathetic, and it definitely contributed to some of the mess the team is in today.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote