HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in shootout

Old
01-14-2012, 09:44 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
I'm all for the trade but if he was traded to us before the game wouldn't the game vs Boston count as the 4th??
Good point.. If the deal was completed I can't see why it shouldn't have..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:44 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Though I don't believe in Waffledave's reason....I have a hard time believing in this as well. Why the need to burn it anyway? Let say you trade him at 6:30 or whatever. Okay so he misses the Bruins game. And he misses the Sens game. So....what's the difference between what would have happened, and what actually happened?
Trading a player mid-game was probably on Gauthier's "Things to do before I die get fired" list.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Besides, this "do you speak french" question was ALWAYS asked to almost any player we acquired since the day the wheel was invented. Whether there's actually some pressure to learn it once you are hear from the media is complete fabrication unless you are a HEAD coach. That's actually one guy who has that pressure.
and saku koivu

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Overachieved greatly to reach that point. Then the fans and management fall in love with that result and can't face the reality.

Some teams overachieve and win the cup. Some teams overachieve and make it to the conference finals.
Whatever. It was awesome. It was exciting and it was nice to think we could win every game. The next year they came within a goal of beating the Bruins who won the Cup. Overachieving again eh? Imagine having Pacioretty in that series? He was their leading scorer vs the Bruins in the regular season. Who knows what they would have done this year if they hadn't fired the best coach in years because of fans and the media. That group had two very solid playoff performances to build on. Such a shame.

Keep telling yourself they were overachieving though if it helps you watch this mess they turned the Habs into within a month.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:46 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 567
kaberle was used in shootouts back then like how we used markov in shootouts

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Though I don't believe in Waffledave's reason....I have a hard time believing in this as well. Why the need to burn it anyway? Let say you trade him at 6:30 or whatever. Okay so he misses the Bruins game. And he misses the Sens game. So....what's the difference between what would have happened, and what actually happened?
Of course its not a HUGE significance to satisfy all those against the trade, and yes sooner or later, he would of got to five games not played, but i dont beleive the boston game would of counted as number 4

Regardless, i said it was he entire reason and its not, the trade just took too long to wrap up, and gauthier felt it was late enough to stall to burn the official fourth game of he suspension

Again, it all doesnt really matter

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LastRide

I said it a couple times I'll say it again. The team is full of cement hands. Trouble scoring during the game, and trouble during shootouts. We need players with more consistancy. We have players that disappear for long periods of time that don't contribute enough. Same 2-3 players can't score every game.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Good point.. If the deal was completed I can't see why it shouldn't have..
The other thing people aren't looking at is why would you play him if you were going to trade him. The risk of a injury would have cancelled the whole trade. The whole excuse smells of PG and his crap ego.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Don't you guys remember when PG said the organization was going to be more agressive?

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:51 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
kaberle was used in shootouts back then like how we used markov in shootouts

Who is that Markov guy ?

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:52 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
The other thing people aren't looking at is why would you play him if you were going to trade him. The risk of a injury would have cancelled the whole trade. The whole excuse smells of PG and his crap ego.
And another good point..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Don't you guys remember when PG said the organization was going to be more agressive?
they were aggresive, they acquired Kaberle when no one else wanted him in this league

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vinc360

How does Cammy look tonight?

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

And in other news...

renhockeyRenaud P Lavoie

@FriedgeHNIC report tonight that Geoff Molson is not anymore the chairman of the board of the Canadiens.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
and saku koivu
I did mention somewhere "captain who has been here more than some posters....". 'Cause nobody right now is asking Gionta about that. Maybe 'cause they think he'll be gone at the end of his contract and there's no need for him to learn it.

So a long-term Captain and the coach. That's where you need to be careful language wise. Even though some disagree and hate it, that's how it is and how it will be.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Lol the entire reason cammy was traded mid game was so that pg could burn a fourth game off the suspension, but its amusing watching uninformed PG hate
when I first heard that excuse (from Dreger's column), i though... ok, that sort of makes sense...

but upon further reflection, unless you think that PG/Feaster only started talking about the deal after the B's game started, why on earth would PG let Cammy even take the ice in the first place?

doesn't make sense... if he was that close to a deal he'd been working on for a while and which he, according to feaster, re-ignited the day of the trade, then why risk Cammy getting hurt in the first 2 periods of the game, and if he was willing to take that risk while the papers went to the league and were getting worked out, why not risk the 3rd as well.

straight up, it doesn't make sense...

that he did it to "prove a point" doesn't really make sense either (unless he is as much of a bush league character as some of his other decisions have pointed to), but it certainly leaves a pretty big ? as to why he proceeded the way he did.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
And in other news...

renhockeyRenaud P Lavoie

@FriedgeHNIC report tonight that Geoff Molson is not anymore the chairman of the board of the Canadiens.
What the **** does that mean?

So I got it now. A guy named Luc Bertrand is chairman of the board and Molson is solely the president. Which means 3 scenarios. His meeting with Savard was only to get some advice. Or name him GM. Won't name him President, 'cause what will Molson have now that he's not chairman anymore. My guess is that it was just for advice. So everybody here should be happy.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
He made one good pass on their PP, but L.A is all over him.

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsfan18

Quote:
What the **** does that mean?
He's still President of the team. Luc Bertrand has been Chairman of the Board since June 2011, apparently.

Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
This team is a shell of the one that went deep in the playoffs 2 years ago. This GM should not be making anymore decisions for it. We have some futures with Tinordi & Beauleau, now it's time to bulk up & get some future grit forwards & load up the picks.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
Go to the out-of-town thread. Look okay for a 1st period. Great pass on the PP to Iginla with a good scoring chance. Seems that Stoll had the mission to piss him off tonight.

Old
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Clearly a trend based on the frenzy that Gauthier CREATED. Not the fans 'cause everybody and their mother knew it was going to create a controversy except Mister Gauthier.

As far as the players are concerned, well sorry but again, when is the last time a french media asked Andrei Kostitsyn how are his french lessons? Aside from the golf tournament, which french medias asked how was Gomez french? Aside from the coach and maybe a captain who has been here longer than some of the fans, surely the french question will come up. But it was not created by anybody than the GM who is just out of the reality that it is now. Then the question is....but should it be a reality? Well that's a whole different topic that we won't discuss based on how all sides disagree on this. But when you know that the sun will come up, you make sure that your shades are down so you won't be woken by it. Well Gauthier should have made sure that he new the reality of the situation before making such a stupid move. And he's responsible for the perception.

Besides, this "do you speak french" question was ALWAYS asked to almost any player we acquired since the day the wheel was invented. Whether there's actually some pressure to learn it once you are hear from the media is complete fabrication unless you are a HEAD coach. That's actually one guy who has that pressure.
I agree with you that this is how it is in reality. But look at it from a perception point of view. The rest of the NHL doesn't know the intimate details of how it is in Montreal. They just see the headlines..."Protest in front of Bell Centre because Cunneyworth doesn't speak french". "Saku Koivu booed for not speaking french." etc... It doesn't give the full details, but regardless these situations reflect poorly on the team, city and fanbase. And that's how the NHL sees us too. Similarly to how Bruins fans claim we all riot and call 911. This is how we are perceived around the league.

Every time the language issue is brought up, it gets reported all over the NHL, and often gets spun to fit the agendas of Toronto based and Western media outlets. I'm not sure people really understand just how poorly this fanbase is perceived by the rest of the league. It gets worse every single year. We look like a bunch of redneck simpletons.

And I am certain that the language issue is a distraction on the team, and frustrates a lot of players. How can it not be?

Quote:
If true, let me ask you this. What is the most possible thing that could happen from this. You frustrated Cammalleri 'cause you pull him out of the ice and make him take a cab? Or you show how classless you are and everybody in the league, mostly the players, are just wondering what kind of organization is this and it implifies why they wouldn't want to come here.

I don't like Gauthier. I really don't. And I question a lot of things about him. But I can't believe that he chose that way to get his point across and didn't contemplace the effect of what the rest of the league would play it. To forget that the french factor is a problem is one stupid thing to do....but to actually make your organization look like a really unsensitive group.....at one point, he can't be that dumb.
I'm not saying it makes sense...I honestly think that Gauthier is legitimately unbalanced. None of his moves make sense. Each one is worse than the last. The coaching firings especially. Does any of it make sense to you? He's got the worst PR judgement I've ever seen.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

the biggest mistake the organization did was let Muller walk. point finale. if he wanted out, his prerogative. but i don't see why he wouldn't have accepted the head coaching Job in Hamilton. there are so many ****ing different stories swirling around why Muller left. but i can assure you, if weirdo made every effort to keep him - whether as a highly paid assistant or head coach with the Dogs. As soon as jacqula got flushed he'd be the head coach, would say he'd learn a bit more french and we'd be on our way with no ****ing **** storm swirling around team. ****.
yeah i know hindsight is 20-20

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I agree with you that this is how it is in reality. But look at it from a perception point of view. The rest of the NHL doesn't know the intimate details of how it is in Montreal. They just see the headlines..."Protest in front of Bell Centre because Cunneyworth doesn't speak french". "Saku Koivu booed for not speaking french." etc... It doesn't give the full details, but regardless these situations reflect poorly on the team, city and fanbase. And that's how the NHL sees us too. Similarly to how Bruins fans claim we all riot and call 911. This is how we are perceived around the league.

Every time the language issue is brought up, it gets reported all over the NHL, and often gets spun to fit the agendas of Toronto based and Western media outlets. I'm not sure people really understand just how poorly this fanbase is perceived by the rest of the league. It gets worse every single year. We look like a bunch of redneck simpletons.

And I am certain that the language issue is a distraction on the team, and frustrates a lot of players. How can it not be?

I'm not saying it makes sense...I honestly think that Gauthier is legitimately unbalanced. None of his moves make sense. Each one is worse than the last. The coaching firings especially. Does any of it make sense to you? He's got the worst PR judgement I've ever seen.
i've met him and talked to him a few times at a vegetarian resto on Notre Dame (he's a vegan) near the BC called 'Bonnys'. he's there a lot. relatively nice guy, socially awkward and he absolutely hates the media...totally dismisses it all as entertainment. and he's right BUT he clearly does not know how to handle it very well

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:03 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Yakupov should help in the shootout, when he comes in.

When I am watching the games I cheer for them to win, but when I'm not... I definitely want them to lose, and after the game I realise it's what really needs to happen if we are ever going to rise up from mediocrity!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote