HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #5 - Bears acquire Brandon Marshall

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
All I know is that a few of my friends from Indiana are already fearing the prospect of the Patriots winning the Super Bowl in Indianapolis.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
All I know is that a few of my friends from Indiana are already fearing the prospect of the Patriots winning the Super Bowl in Indianapolis.
They'd have to raze the city at that point.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:50 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
It'll be like Appolcalypto. Pats fans will take over Indianapolis and decapitate Manning at the top of a large monument.

Old
01-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Why on 3rd and 1 with 2 timeouts don't you run it and get 3 more shots at the end zone?
Agreed

He also had a ton of room there as well could have ran it out of bounds with big gain also

They only had 1 Timeout though at time (And why didn't they call timeout to let FG unit set up instead of rushing everything)

Old
01-22-2012, 10:44 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Pats will get their revenge in two weeks.

Old
01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Recoil

I wanted SF/Baltimore, and got NYG/Pats. Wow. Another New York / Boston Championship game. Color me I don't give a ****.

Old
01-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Kenny Williams son will forever be remembered after tonight ,, Gotta suck to be him right now

Old
01-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Go Giants!!

Tom Coughlin = Most underated coach in NFL

Old
01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Cullksinikers

So dissapointed in my Packers. Eight dropped passes and four fumbles. This could've been an epic Rodgers/Brady matchup to really prove who's the best NFL quarterback. Now, I have to watch the Giants play the Patriots in the Super Bowl after the knocked off the Packers again.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Kenny Williams son will forever be remembered after tonight ,, Gotta suck to be him right now
Saw a great Tweet after the Giants game: "Cundiff just friended Williams on Facebook"

Old
01-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
So dissapointed in my Packers. Eight dropped passes and four fumbles. This could've been an epic Rodgers/Brady matchup to really prove who's the best NFL quarterback. Now, I have to watch the Giants play the Patriots in the Super Bowl after the knocked off the Packers again.

The Packers would have had a tough road. No guarantee they would have beaten San Francisco tonight if they would have faced them. SF's defense is more than legit.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
The Packers would have had a tough road. No guarantee they would have beaten San Francisco tonight if they would have faced them. SF's defense is more than legit.
Yes, I know. They would've come to Lambeau. Big play offenses kill us. San Francisco didn't strike me as that. I think we could've mustered up just enough offense to scrape by in a 21-17 or something game. That's all speculation since we completely beat ourselves last Sunday. Just an awful, awful performance. We had more fumbles in that game than we had all season. Receivers were dropping balls left and right, we tried an onside kick, and we allowed a hail mary to be converted for a touchdown at the end of the half.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Sarava

It was interesting seeing how ordinary Rodgers looks when he doesn't have 2-3 WR's 10 yards open every single play. Kudos to the Giants for actually covering their receivers. I hope the Giants win it all.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:33 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It was interesting seeing how ordinary Rodgers looks when he doesn't have 2-3 WR's 10 yards open every single play. Kudos to the Giants for actually covering their receivers. I hope the Giants win it all.
Did you see how many dropped passes the packers had?

Old
01-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Did you see how many dropped passes the packers had?
Yep and Rodgers had a lot of poor throws also.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Yes, I know. They would've come to Lambeau. Big play offenses kill us. San Francisco didn't strike me as that. I think we could've mustered up just enough offense to scrape by in a 21-17 or something game. That's all speculation since we completely beat ourselves last Sunday. Just an awful, awful performance. We had more fumbles in that game than we had all season. Receivers were dropping balls left and right, we tried an onside kick, and we allowed a hail mary to be converted for a touchdown at the end of the half.
You were not alone in that regard. The Saints fell to the 49ers in much the same fashion. They had 4 or 5 turnovers that game and still almost won. They protected the ball VERY well during the regular season fumble wise, but in the playoffs the wheels came off.

Still, aside from the NE/Denver game, all of the playoff games were exciting and close. NO/Detroit may not have been close in the final score, but was at least exciting for a good part of it.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Yep and Rodgers had a lot of poor throws also.
Yea Rodgers missed several throws that I saw, that were gimmes, one for a sure TD. No one on the Packers offense played very well that day.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Illinihockey

Why don't the Bears have a GM? They've completed all of the interviews, the Senior Bowl practices is starting, what the hell are they doing?

Old
01-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Why don't the Bears have a GM? They've completed all of the interviews, the Senior Bowl practices is starting, what the hell are they doing?
Don't know, but we better see something quick...

Old
01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Illinihockey

I understand the GM doesn't have to be at the senior bowl because the scouts will still be there, but what the hell. Get this done.

Old
01-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Recoil

Quote:
I understand the GM doesn't have to be at the senior bowl because the scouts will still be there, but what the hell. Get this done.
I get the feeling that the new GM will be asking Ruskell and Lovie a lot of questions once he gets the job. God, I hope it isn't Ruskell...

Old
01-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we finished the first round of interviews. There could be a 2nd with our guy or they want to interview other guys too.

I think we know it by the end of this week

Old
01-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Illinihockey

Reported on twitter that the Bears on on the verge of hiring Chiefs director of college scouting Phil Emery as GM.

Old
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!

Send a message via AIM to CS85
Quote:
Reported on twitter that the Bears on on the verge of hiring Chiefs director of college scouting Phil Emery as GM.
edit: search officially down to Emery & Licht.

Quote:
The Bears have whittled their initial list of five candidates to two, and they'll conduct a second round of interviews with Phil Emery of the Kansas City Chiefs and Jason Licht of the New England Patriots, according to three league sources.

Eliminated from the process were Marc Ross of the New York Giants, Jimmy Raye of the San Diego Chargers and Tim Ruskell of the Bears.

Emery and Licht will interview at Halas Hall later this week. Emery is already in Mobile, and Licht is expected to arrive, at some point.

The Bears were free to interview Emery at any time. But, they needed written permission from the Patriots to interview Licht again, since his club's season isn't over. The Patriots will play the Giants Feb. 5 in the Super Bowl, in Indianapolis.

That Ruskell has eliminated puts him in a compromising position. It's believed he still has at least another year on his contract, but he's now at the mercy of either Licht or Emery.

And those two may elect to go with a more traditional route, hiring a college and pro director, instead of one to oversee both. Ruskell was hired by former Bears general manager Jerry Angelo as the director of player personnel in April 2010.

Ultimately, in the second round of interviews, the Bears will have to flesh out the plans of each man. For instance, given his familiarity with the Bears and some of the scouts on staff, Emery may not be as inclined to make massive changes to a scouting department that is fairly well-respected. Licht, meanwhile, could insist on an overhaul, implementing new scouts and systems he picked up while in Philadelphia, New England and Arizona.
update: Mike Tice won't interview with Oakland for their head coaching job.

Last edited by CS85: 01-23-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old
01-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Eliminated from the process were Marc Ross of the New York Giants, Jimmy Raye of the San Diego Chargers and Tim Ruskell of the Bears
thank god

Closed Thread