HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XII

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 09:23 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
66 game season this year.

Old
01-20-2012, 09:29 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
Haha, my first thought was he probably hasn't any problems to hook up some girls

Thanks for your post, mate. Most of it confirms my thoughts and as a big soccer and hockey fan it's interesting to get into basketball as well.
Hoping to see the Nuggets make the playoffs at least.
This year every team only plays like ~50 games, right?
Watch the Raptors instead.

Similar to the Avs before they couldn't play defense but could score but this year their defense is decent but they can't score for ****.

Old
01-21-2012, 12:49 AM
famicommander

vCash: 500
The Mammoth beat the Rush in Edmonton tonight, 13-12. John Grant Jr had nine points on the night after scoring 11 in the Mammoth's 20-14 win against Minnesota last Saturday. The game will air Sunday on Altitude.

The Mammoth are 2-0 and will be playing in Calgary against the 2-0 Roughnecks tomorrow night at 7:00 Mountain time. It will be streamed live for free on the Mammoth's Livestream channel and air Monday on Altitude.

Old
01-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
The Mammoth beat the Rush in Edmonton tonight, 13-12. John Grant Jr had nine points on the night after scoring 11 in the Mammoth's 20-14 win against Minnesota last Saturday. The game will air Sunday on Altitude.

The Mammoth are 2-0 and will be playing in Calgary against the 2-0 Roughnecks tomorrow night at 7:00 Mountain time. It will be streamed live for free on the Mammoth's Livestream channel and air Monday on Altitude.
Will it be restricted for the Denver area? Do you know anything about that from earlier streams which were for free?
I'd love to see a Lacrosse game but you usually dont get the possibility to do so over here in Europe

Old
01-21-2012, 01:42 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Sucks that this Nuggets/Knicks isn't played in Pepsi Center.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:35 PM
famicommander

Quote:
Will it be restricted for the Denver area? Do you know anything about that from earlier streams which were for free?
I'd love to see a Lacrosse game but you usually dont get the possibility to do so over here in Europe
No, you can watch the game from anywhere. Just go to livestream.com and search for Colorado Mammoth.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Rox get 2B Marco Scutaro from Boston for pitcher Clayton Mortenson.

Old
01-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
I guess that Lackey can sleep easier now.

Old
01-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Man...sucks that Ian Stewart was such a complete failure. Our lineup would be set right now.

Old
01-21-2012, 07:04 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Great trade

Old
01-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
No, you can watch the game from anywhere. Just go to livestream.com and search for Colorado Mammoth.
Great. Thanks, mate.
I'll give it a try. Are they streaming games there on a regular basis or is this an exception?
That's like officially offered by the Mammoths, right?

Old
01-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Rhaego

Scutaro is 36. Not a bad trade still. I was super excited before I knew that.

Old
01-21-2012, 07:54 PM
famicommander

Quote:
Great. Thanks, mate.
I'll give it a try. Are they streaming games there on a regular basis or is this an exception?
That's like officially offered by the Mammoths, right?
All their games are streamed for free except the two which will be broadcast nationally on CBS Sports Network.

In addition, all home games air live on Altitude or Altitude 2 (same channel as the Avs and Nuggets, as the Mammoth are also owned by the Kroenkes). Road games usually air on tape delay.

And yes, the free online streams are official. They are actually mandated by the league.

Old
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Rockies finally with a good, if temporary move

Old
01-21-2012, 11:11 PM
famicommander

That was an incredible lacrosse game tonight for so many reasons.

The Mammoth were playing the second game in two nights. Usually NLL teams play one game a week, like football teams.

They were playing the 2-0 Calagary Roughnecks in Calgary. This was their home opener.

The Mammoth trailed by four goal in the fourth quarter, but tied the game with less than two minutes left. Goalie Chris Levis made a series of great saves to send it into overtime. The Mammoth got on the power play and team captain Gavin Prout won the game early on.

The final was 13-12OT.

37 year old John Grant Jr had 10 points on the night after 11 in game one and 9 in game two. He leads the league in goals, assists, and points. His 30 total points are 11 more than the #2 player on the list, Mammoth rookie Adam Jones.

Grant also became the fifth player in league history to reach 1000 career points.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:20 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

I don't follow lacrosse closely, but when the game is on I always watch it. It's a pretty fun game to watch, although the only player I pretty much knew was Brian Langtry (retired now) and Gary Gait (retired, we traded him while retired/coaching).

Also lol thank you Carmelo. He did his best Kobe impersonation, just shooting non stop even if it didn't go in. Gallo had 37 points in 19 shots. Melo + STAT had 37 points in 39 shots.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
That was an incredible lacrosse game tonight for so many reasons.

The Mammoth were playing the second game in two nights. Usually NLL teams play one game a week, like football teams.

They were playing the 2-0 Calagary Roughnecks in Calgary. This was their home opener.

The Mammoth trailed by four goal in the fourth quarter, but tied the game with less than two minutes left. Goalie Chris Levis made a series of great saves to send it into overtime. The Mammoth got on the power play and team captain Gavin Prout won the game early on.

The final was 13-12OT.

37 year old John Grant Jr had 10 points on the night after 11 in game one and 9 in game two. He leads the league in goals, assists, and points. His 30 total points are 11 more than the #2 player on the list, Mammoth rookie Adam Jones.

Grant also became the fifth player in league history to reach 1000 career points.
Yeah, I really enjoyed watching this game as my first lacrosse game.
I love the fact you can stop the transmission and continue watching later.
This way I could watch the nuggets and the avs and use the intermissions to watch lacrosse.
What a great service. Thanks a lot for giving the hint, I really enjoyed it.

Levis in goal was really great in the end, I thought he was a lot better than the roughnecks goalie.
And I liked Jones on the breakaways.
Thought he was way more creative than most of the roughnecks were on breakaways but well I'm everything but an expert!

Great night overall. Nuggets win, Mammoth win and AVS win.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:36 AM
famicommander

Be sure to catch them next week. They will be playing the Rochester Knighthawks at Pepsi Center on January 28, 7:00 PM MST. It will be on live on Altitude and Livestream, but I will be at the game. They are honoring the All Decade team before the game.

If any of you have a chance to catch a game in person, I highly recommend it. Like arena football, it's one of those sports that you really need to experience in person before you undrstand.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Be sure to catch them next week. They will be playing the Rochester Knighthawks at Pepsi Center on January 28, 7:00 PM MST. It will be on live on Altitude and Livestream, but I will be at the game. They are honoring the All Decade team before the game.

If any of you have a chance to catch a game in person, I highly recommend it. Like arena football, it's one of those sports that you really need to experience in person before you undrstand.
Don't take this the wrong way...but do you work for the Mammoth or something? Cuz you are pimping them hard.

Glad to see the Nugs pull out the win. probably the only NBA game I'll watch from start to finish all season.

Old
01-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I don't follow lacrosse closely, but when the game is on I always watch it. It's a pretty fun game to watch, although the only player I pretty much knew was Brian Langtry (retired now) and Gary Gait (retired, we traded him while retired/coaching).
I think LAX is going to be the next sport in America that soccer fans puport their game will become.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:27 PM
famicommander

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way...but do you work for the Mammoth or something? Cuz you are pimping them hard.

Glad to see the Nugs pull out the win. probably the only NBA game I'll watch from start to finish all season.
No, I just mention them here because nobody else does. They draw bigger crowds on average than the Nuggets and Avs (partially due to fewer games and lower ticket prices, but still) but nobody seems to talk about them.

I root hard for "fringe sport" teams like the Mammoth, Outlaws, and Crush (when they were here).

Old
01-22-2012, 05:13 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Patriots to the Super Bowl...ugh

Old
01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Old
01-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I love me some big black man

Old
01-22-2012, 09:30 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Are you kidding me with the 49ers on Punt Returns!?

How many times are they going to fumble it this game? I can't stand the Giants, and was hoping that the Niners would shut them and their fans up for good.

Closed Thread