HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you dress against the AVS Wed.?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2012, 05:45 PM
  #1
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Who would you dress against the AVS Wed.?

Flakov: All four forwards on injured reserve skated Tuesday for the second consecutive day. Sean Bergenheim, Jack Skille and Scottie Upshall traveled with the team — Marco Sturm (concussion) did not — though Dineen wouldn't guarantee any of them will play on the trip.

When all four return, two forwards will have to go. Michal Repik and Shawn Matthias are young players who have performed well but are on two-way contracts and could be sent down.


Assume all three are ready Wed. ...who do you play and who sits in the press box, and who gets sent down?

Remember, only 23 on the roster please.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM
  #2
catEye
Oh No! We suck again
 
catEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami, FL.
Country: Cuba
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Flakov: All four forwards on injured reserve skated Tuesday for the second consecutive day. Sean Bergenheim, Jack Skille and Scottie Upshall traveled with the team — Marco Sturm (concussion) did not — though Dineen wouldn't guarantee any of them will play on the trip.

When all four return, two forwards will have to go. Michal Repik and Shawn Matthias are young players who have performed well but are on two-way contracts and could be sent down.


Assume all three are ready Wed. ...who do you play and who sits in the press box, and who gets sent down?

Remember, only 23 on the roster please.
Bergenheim without a doubt other than our not so top line right now they can sit anyone else.

catEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:11 PM
  #3
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?
 
Panthers are Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By my computer
Country: England
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Flash - Weiss - Steeg
Bergenheim - Matthias - Samuelsson
Sturm - Goc - Upshall
Bradley - Madden - Skille
Santorelli and Barch are sitting, whilst Repik goes back down.

Just realised I have left out Kopecky: this is harder than I had expected. Honestly I think we should be looking to get a trade in when the players are healthy as we seem to have too many players. I'd be looking to move Santorelli and Upshall. Not sure what we could get in return.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
  #4
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
Flash - Weiss - Steeg
Bergenheim - Matthias - Samuelsson
Sturm - Goc - Upshall
Bradley - Madden - Skille
Santorelli and Barch are sitting, whilst Repik goes back down.

Just realised I have left out Kopecky: this is harder than I had expected. Honestly I think we should be looking to get a trade in when the players are healthy as we seem to have too many players. I'd be looking to move Santorelli and Upshall. Not sure what we could get in return.
Sturm is a while away,so plug kopescky in...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
  #5
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Flakov: All four forwards on injured reserve skated Tuesday for the second consecutive day. Sean Bergenheim, Jack Skille and Scottie Upshall traveled with the team — Marco Sturm (concussion) did not — though Dineen wouldn't guarantee any of them will play on the trip.

When all four return, two forwards will have to go. Michal Repik and Shawn Matthias are young players who have performed well but are on two-way contracts and could be sent down.


Assume all three are ready Wed. ...who do you play and who sits in the press box, and who gets sent down?

Remember, only 23 on the roster please.
LOL at fialkov saying Matthias could get sent down because he's on a two way....is that a joke? Does he watch the games?

I hate to send Repik down. He's looking like he could turn into a useful NHL player.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:26 PM
  #6
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?
 
Panthers are Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By my computer
Country: England
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Sturm is a while away,so plug kopescky in...
That is the obvious change for now, if only three are back. I am not sure what we do when we have a full roster, but if professional sports you rarely have a team without an injury so I think the situation is quite likely to sort itself out for us.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:31 PM
  #7
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
Maybe this will act as a "reset" of sorts for Upshall, where he can come back in and contribute on the offensive side like he's capable of doing.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:05 PM
  #8
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,761
vCash: 500
Out with Madden, he brings character and experience to the lockerroom, but I'm not sure if he will make it with a healthy line-up. I think what he brings to the lockerroom and practice is a part of the plan. We needed him when we were injured and down, and now he is expendable imo.

Great to see players returning, we need them badly.

Matthias and Repik have been the best forwards of late so give them a chance, but I still can't find space for Repik:

Flash - Weiss - Versteeg
Upshall - Kopecky - Sammy
Bergenheim - Goc - Matthias
Bradley - Santo - Skille
x: Barch and Madden
Injured: Sturm

We seriously need to ship someone out (read: Santorelli+), we got too many contracts at the moment (very close to the limit).

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
  #9
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?
 
Panthers are Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By my computer
Country: England
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Out with Madden, he brings character and experience to the lockerroom, but I'm not sure if he will make it with a healthy line-up. I think what he brings to the lockerroom and practice is a part of the plan. We needed him when we were injured and down, and now he is expendable imo.

Great to see players returning, we need them badly.

Matthias and Repik have been the best forwards of late so give them a chance, but I still can't find space for Repik:

Flash - Weiss - Versteeg
Upshall - Kopecky - Sammy
Bergenheim - Goc - Matthias
Bradley - Santo - Skille
x: Barch and Madden
Injured: Sturm

We seriously need to ship someone out (read: Santorelli+), we got too many contracts at the moment (very close to the limit).
I don't like this as I don't want to see Kopecky playing at Centre especially if we have Matthias on the wing and Madden scratched. Kopecky plays poorly as a Centre so no point in playing him there unless it is absolutely necessary.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:13 PM
  #10
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,165
vCash: 500
Madden's been very good in the lineup, how is he expendable? He didn't sign so he could sit in the stands. AP, that lineup is awful dude, lol.

Trade is likely coming. Santo can, and should sit. Especially instead of Madden.


Matthias would have to pass through waivers, I believe. 2 way only means he gets paid differently if he's in the A.

Flash-Weiss-Steeg
Bergenheim-Matthias-Samuelsson(was on fire before the injuries)
Kopecky-Goc-Upshall/Skille
Bradley-Madden-Upshall/Skille
x-Barch and Santorelli
Repik sent back, played very well last few games, though.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:22 PM
  #11
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Madden's been very good in the lineup, how is he expendable? He didn't sign so he could sit in the stands. AP, that lineup is awful dude, lol.
It isn't, but whatever floats your boat. Madden is certainly expendable when the line-up is healthy. If he wasn't he would have been brought in this summer, but we got more than enough players at the moment. And I don't think Madden, with his age, can play all of the remaining 38 games anyway (he will need a lot of rest, especially in back-to-back games, just ikke Allen did).

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:34 PM
  #12
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
It isn't, but whatever floats your boat. Madden is certainly expendable when the line-up is healthy. If he wasn't he would have been brought in this summer, but we got more than enough players at the moment. And I don't think Madden, with his age, can play all of the remaining 38 games anyway (he will need a lot of rest, especially in back-to-back games, just ikke Allen did).
Fill him in with Santo then if need be, he's a 4th line grinder who's very good with the puck. Have you been watching since he's been in? And whether he was signed recently or not, he's played well. Sorry, he has. Healthy lineup, or lineup that plays well??

Kopecky isn't a center, he's much better on the wing.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
  #13
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post

Flash-Weiss-Steeg
Bergenheim-Matthias-Samuelsson(was on fire before the injuries)
Kopecky-Goc-Upshall/Skille
Bradley-Madden-Upshall/Skille
x-Barch and Santorelli
Repik sent back, played very well last few games, though.
This would be my guess too

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:52 PM
  #14
hockey dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
LOL at fialkov saying Matthias could get sent down because he's on a two way....is that a joke? Does he watch the games?

I hate to send Repik down. He's looking like he could turn into a useful NHL player.
Matthias would have to clear waivers; I don't think so. You think the Grabner deal was bad?

hockey dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
  #15
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Mathias may be our player of the month, he cant go anywhere.

Kopescky is awful at center.

This is a wonderful problem to have.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:41 PM
  #16
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 500
If ready, play Bergenheim and Skille.

Scratch Barch. Santorelli played well last game, but scratch him too.

Keep Repik in the lineup a couple more games.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
  #17
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,375
vCash: 500
I'd sratch Kopecky and Barch, Bergie and Skille go in. Santorelli has stepped his game up and deserves to play. Upshall's play before he was hurt doesn't warrant much, anyone has a bad game against Colorado, they're out and in comes Upshall.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:59 PM
  #18
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
I dont see Dineen playing all three guys their first game, together...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
  #19
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,672
vCash: 500
I'd sit Barch because with Bradley in the lineup, he's not as needed for the physical presence unless say we're playing a dirty team like the Flyers. It's a tough choice for the other forward. I want to say Santorelli since he's had an overall disappointing season, but I feel like he's turned up his play a bit lately. Repik has also been showing lately that he belongs in the NHL. I really would rather not have him sent back down. Maybe Dineen should switch those two every other game?

AG is absolutely correct when he said this is a wonderful problem to have

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:31 PM
  #20
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 500
Bergenheim-Weiss-Versteeg
Flash-Matthias-Samuelsson
Kopecky-Goc-Repik
Bradley-Madden-Skille

Idk if that's possible tomorrow night, but it's what I'd go with if those players are healthy.

Edit: Could go Santorelli instead of Madden. Maybe Madden needs a rest, idk. I thought Santorelli had his best game of the year last night, so I'd be fine with him in the lineup too.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:00 PM
  #21
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,196
vCash: 500
Whatever the case may be..

I'm confident going into tomorrow night with all the injured guys coming back.

I hope Sturm is progressing. He was playing some great hockey before his injury.

Winning puck battles. Speed, making defenders back off and creating odd man rushes.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:09 PM
  #22
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Bergenheim-Weiss-Versteeg
Flash-Matthias-Samuelsson
Kopecky-Goc-Repik
Bradley-Madden-Skille

Idk if that's possible tomorrow night, but it's what I'd go with if those players are healthy.

Edit: Could go Santorelli instead of Madden. Maybe Madden needs a rest, idk. I thought Santorelli had his best game of the year last night, so I'd be fine with him in the lineup too.
Interested in game legs, but I like the lineup. You left Upshall out, but I like how Repik has been playing. 2nd line could be really sharp, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LassieMaven View Post
Whatever the case may be..

I'm confident going into tomorrow night with all the injured guys coming back.

I hope Sturm is progressing. He was playing some great hockey before his injury.

Winning puck battles. Speed, making defenders back off and creating odd man rushes.
Agree, he was really solid before he went down. Man, what the hell does Tallon and Santos do??

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
  #23
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,440
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Mathias may be our player of the month, he cant go anywhere.

Kopescky is awful at center.

This is a wonderful problem to have.
Funny how just a couple weeks ago we were desperate for enough healthy bodies on the ice.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:34 PM
  #24
Haj
Registered User
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
I'll take a stab at it:

Bergenheim-Weiss-Versteg
Flash-Mathias-Samuellson
Skille-Goc-Kopecky
Bradley-Santorelli-Barch

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:14 PM
  #25
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Flash-Weiss-Steeg
Bergenheim-Matthias-Samuelsson(was on fire before the injuries)
Kopecky-Goc-Upshall/Skille
Bradley-Madden-Upshall/Skille
x-Barch and Santorelli
Repik sent back, played very well last few games, though.
this is right, although id put upshall on 3rd and skille on 4th. wouldnt mind a santorelli trade at all. not cause hes not scoring, but because he seems weak on the fore and back check to me whenever i focus on watching him. i dont see him playing a disciplined game and making it hard on the other team at all. (i could forgive this if he'd knock out 30 goals, but he's not so so much for that).

as for matthias going down, thats just absurd. he has more points than any forward other than the first line and kopecky. he's scored 7 points in the last 13 games. he plays tough in the corners and skates well. hes played about 2 seasons worth of games now and is finally hitting his stride. there is zero chance he is sent to the ahl.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.