HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

Continue here. Part 6 is here.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:19 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
if we do cammy for sharp, we'd have to be adding.

<3 sharp...

Old
11-24-2011, 05:30 PM
RE-HABS

Saw this on Twitter:

Quote:
NHL Rumor: Ducks F Bobby Ryan might be available, asking price is 2, young "top 6" forwards - @***********
26 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by MTLCanadiensTV
Wonder if a Cammalleri + deal could work?

Cammy did well in California and would probably go back to the LA area.

Old
11-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Saw this on Twitter:

They'd probably want 2 Pacioretty's.

I think 95% of NHLers would be available if they can get 2 top 6 forwards in return.

Old
11-25-2011, 11:52 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They'd probably want 2 Pacioretty's.

I think 95% of NHLers would be available if they can get 2 top 6 forwards in return.
Toronto will be asking about Bobby Ryan after all Brian Burke was the GM in Anaheim when Ryan was drafted #2 overall behind Sidney Crosby and three before Carey Price. I couldn't resist that little jab,but two young top six forwards for a guy that has trouble getting his head through normal sized doorways.I'll pass.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Toronto will be asking about Bobby Ryan after all Brian Burke was the GM in Anaheim when Ryan was drafted #2 overall behind Sidney Crosby and three before Carey Price. I couldn't resist that little jab,but two young top six forwards for a guy that has trouble getting his head through normal sized doorways.I'll pass.
Not sure who Toronto could trade for him, I doubt they'd move him straight up for Kessel. Unless they'd take Grabovsky or Kadri plus Kulemin....doubt Anh would do taht.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
if we do cammy for sharp, we'd have to be adding.

<3 sharp...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Cammalleri is not a player I'd want to trade. Of course, if a star who is clearly better is coming back in the deal, but at that point you can assume another team would enter the bidding. Otherwise, I think Cammy is too valuable to our team to be shopping.

Old
11-25-2011, 02:08 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Cammalleri is struggling. He is probably our best legit goal scorer and the player we can get the most in return for. If it was up to me, I would wait for Cammalleri to pick up his production Which will probably be soon. If at the deadline, his value is very high, we trade him for a high end player who is more consistent, such as Bobby Ryan or Patrick Sharp

Old
11-25-2011, 04:06 PM
S Bah

Cammalleri is clearly a better team player than Ryan he and Sharp are fairly closely matched,so what would be the point.Playoffs are only four months away give or take a couple of weeks and Markov finally gets to play with all the guns brought in to play with him.Let's wait and see how good that fortunetelling really was,maybe they could surprise most everyone.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Beendair Donedat

Time to move some dead wood out of Montreal.

Move 1 - Fire Jacques Martin

Move 2 - Demote Scott Gomez to the AHL. Takes his salary off the Cap, a bitter pill to swallow, but something that needs to be done to free up some much needed cap space.

Move 3 - Trade for some size/scoring.

Calgary Flames are reportedly looking to get rid of Rene Borque. Offer Danny Kristo or Aaron Palushaj, and a 3rd rounder (second if absolutely necessary). Adds a winger with size and scoring.

Move 4 - Add David Clarkson of the New Jersey Devils. Offer Yannick Weber and a fourth rounder and/or agreed upon prospect.

Move 5 - Bench Darche

New lines look like this:

Bourque - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Kostitsyn - Eller - Gionta
Moen - White - Clarkson

Defense
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Emelin - Markov

Campoli when healthy, and Spacek.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:33 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post

Move 2 - Demote Scott Gomez to the AHL. Takes his salary off the Cap, a bitter pill to swallow, but something that needs to be done to free up some much needed cap space.

Calgary Flames are reportedly looking to get rid of Rene Borque. Offer Danny Kristo or Aaron Palushaj, and a 3rd rounder (second if absolutely necessary). Adds a winger with size and scoring.

Move 4 - Add David Clarkson of the New Jersey Devils. Offer Yannick Weber and a fourth rounder and/or agreed upon prospect.

Move 5 - Bench Darche

Moen - White - Clarkson

Defense
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Emelin - Markov

That sounds like a well thought out planI would rather shoot myself in the foot than trade Kristo for Bourque(this is Rene not Ray)its not the size of the dog in the fight,its the size of the fight in the dog.Just a little coaching and I've got zip for experience.But I'll put my money on Martin,the Habs just keep making the playoffs against all odds,doesn't that strike you as odd(s).

Old
11-25-2011, 05:46 PM
BLONG7

No proposal here, just get the feeling something happens when the boys go to California...I think PG will make a move, we are at the quarter point, and we are a so-so team right now...

Old
11-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
That sounds like a well thought out planI would rather shoot myself in the foot than trade Kristo for Bourque(this is Rene not Ray)its not the size of the dog in the fight,its the size of the fight in the dog.Just a little coaching and I've got zip for experience.But I'll put my money on Martin,the Habs just keep making the playoffs against all odds,doesn't that strike you as odd(s).
Kristo has done exactly what again? Managed to almost lose his foot during a drunken stupor? Bourque is a guy with size that has multiple 20 goal seasons. In fact he has 81 in the last 3 and a quarter seasons. He also has a very cap friendly contract although there is term. Kristo hasn't played a pro hockey game yet and can't help the Habs in the moment.

You keep putting your money on Martin, he's never won a Stanley Cup, and he never will.

Old
11-26-2011, 11:02 AM
CaptainKonoForever

Apparently a Montreal Canadiens scout, Perry Pearn, has been at the last two Caps games in DC.

Wed vs. the Jets

Fri. vs the NYR

Think they may have some interest in a Caps player?

Old
11-26-2011, 12:07 PM
S1C1L1AN78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
Apparently a Montreal Canadiens scout, Perry Pearn, has been at the last two Caps games in DC.

Wed vs. the Jets

Fri. vs the NYR

you could be onto something since we dont play the caps till january 18th . But who could it be humm....

Old
11-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Roulin

Quote:

Wed vs. the Jets

Fri. vs the NYR

Semin? Even if he's not on the block, he's set to be one of the best UFA's available this offseason, the Habs need to at least do their due diligence.

Old
11-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Wed vs. the Jets

Fri. vs the NYR

Semin is the obvious answer, a guy who usually has 70-80 points a yaer, currently on pace for 40.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but I think having a guy like Markov here(exemplary work ethic and attitude) plus strong leaders(Gill, Cammy, Gio, Gorges) could help him get his game back.

I would be interested depending on the cost. Obviously if the cost is a 1st plus a top prospect(Leblanc/Beaulieu.Tinordi/Kristo) then pass. He has a big cap hit and only 6 months left on his contract so taht lowers his value somewhat also.

Old
11-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Miller Time

Quote:

Move 5 - Bench Darche

Moen - White - Clarkson

Defense
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Emelin - Markov

Bourque for Palushaj & 3rd would make some sense (and this only assuming that Gomez has been buried, otherwise we'd have to be sending some cap back) ...

adding Kristo is overkill and not worth it at all. Bourque is too inconsistent and signed to long to be worth trading away one of our best offensive prospects for... plus Kristo is having a great year in NCAA this season, no reason to move him now unless the return is significant, which Bourque is not.

Would love idea of adding Clarkson, but I'm personally pretty high on Weber at this point and would rather see us move Diaz or any D prospect not named Jared/Nathan instead.

Clarkson for Diaz & Darche perhaps?

Old
11-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Semin is the obvious answer, a guy who usually has 70-80 points a yaer, currently on pace for 40.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but I think having a guy like Markov here(exemplary work ethic and attitude) plus strong leaders(Gill, Cammy, Gio, Gorges) could help him get his game back.

I would be interested depending on the cost. Obviously if the cost is a 1st plus a top prospect(Leblanc/Beaulieu.Tinordi/Kristo) then pass. He has a big cap hit and only 6 months left on his contract so taht lowers his value somewhat also.
only way I'd want Semin coming in is if the organization had a long chat with Markov, and he pushed/vouched for him... in the sense that he made it clear he believed Semin could/would come in and be a solid team guy.

he's got obvious talent, but also some obvious attitude/behavior issues with the Caps. As we've seen far too many times, these types of things tend to get overblown, and sometimes it's just a personality clash with the current coach/management whereby the player vastly improves as soon as he finds a better situation.

I'd be willing to role the dice on that if Markov had a strong positive feeling about him, otherwise, forget it.

and even then, with his cap hit and the Caps need to find cap flexibility for next summer (Green/Vokoun/Carlson/Wideman all up for new contracts), I doubt they'd be willing to take much salary back.

plus I wouldn't want us to be giving up a 1st + quality prospect for a UFA at this point, so really there doesn't seem to be much of a fit for a deal btw the two teams around this player.

Old
11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Bourque for Palushaj & 3rd would make some sense (and this only assuming that Gomez has been buried, otherwise we'd have to be sending some cap back) ...

adding Kristo is overkill and not worth it at all. Bourque is too inconsistent and signed to long to be worth trading away one of our
best offensive prospects for... plus
Kristo is having a great year in
NCAA this season, no reason to
move him now unless the return is
significant, which Bourque is not.

Would love idea of adding Clarkson, but I'm personally pretty high on Weber at this point and
would rather see us move Diaz or
any D prospect not named
Jared/Nathan instead.

Clarkson for Diaz & Darche perhaps?
I think you misunderstood, I said one of Palushaj or Kristo, not both of them.

Old
11-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
I think you misunderstood, I said one of Palushaj or Kristo, not both of them.
oops... missed the "or" hidden in plain sight.

I wouldn't classify Kristo/Palushaj as equal assets...

granted Palushaj had similar/better #'s in the NCAA, I think Kristo has the higher/more likely upside.

I know WJC performances aren't a direct indicator of future NHL success, the way he played vs the best in the world in his age group and that he's been able to steadily increase his weight (and i imagine strength) since then, without losing any of what makes him so dangerous offensively, points to a guy who will translate it to the NHL.

Old
11-26-2011, 10:27 PM
marcosolodolo

I'm a huge Cams fan but he definitely isn't helping right now and I think trading him now could yield something better than waiting till trade deadline.

With Flames going into rebuilding (I think) and the Sharks will definitely be heavy into the playoff hunt. Something around Cammy + for Clowe +. To the Flames a 2nd + a prospect and pick up Rene Bourque. Instant size and 2, 50+ point players.

Clowe - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Nokelainen - White (When he returns, I really feel that they should have Blunden in here right now. Darche would be alright to, I guess but Palushaj is just a waste on the 4th line.)

I kept Gomez out of the equation because being as this is hypothetical, he's just doesn't make sense for him to be included unless I wanted them to fail.

That's my 2 cents.

Old
11-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosolodolo View Post
I'm a huge Cams fan but he definitely isn't helping right now and I think trading him now could yield something better than waiting till trade deadline.

With Flames going into rebuilding (I think) and the Sharks will definitely be heavy into the playoff hunt. Something around Cammy + for Clowe +. To the Flames a 2nd + a prospect and pick up Rene Bourque. Instant size and 2, 50+ point players.

Clowe - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Nokelainen - White (When he returns, I really feel that they should have Blunden in here right now. Darche would be alright to, I guess but Palushaj is just a waste on the 4th line.)

I kept Gomez out of the equation because being as this is hypothetical, he's just doesn't make sense for him to be included unless I wanted them to fail.

That's my 2 cents.
i like your thinking but...

- hard to see any reason why the Sharks would have interest in Cammy for Clowe+ swap... Clowe is cheaper, they have no need to upgrade their scoring, and right now Clowe is outproducing Cammy anyhow.

- 2nd + prospect for Bourque is a bit steep unless then prospect is a lowly rated one, in which case I'm sure the Flames would push for more or just hold on to him. Bourque isn't reliable enough to warrant a 2nd + quality prospect, but Flames have no reason to move him unless they get at least that much.

Old
11-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Ducks needs to stay with the young image of our team. I wouldn't mind trading with MTL as long as your 1st round pick is involved in the Bobby Ryan deal

Old
11-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Ducks needs to stay with the young image of our team. I wouldn't mind trading with MTL as long as your 1st round pick is involved in the Bobby Ryan deal
question is what else would have to be coming with that 1st rd pick?

Closed Thread