HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price contract discussion

Old
01-16-2012, 07:07 PM
SeriousHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
nm....rumor
I was about to rip you a new one, then I saw the edit. Hell, the rumor was that Carey refused because he wanted MORE years

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
7mill a year is most certainly not ok, not for any amount of years.
Don't be surprised if he gets it. If he does, I'll have zero problem with it.

Not for ten years though...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:58 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I was about to rip you a new one, then I saw the edit. Hell, the rumor was that Carey refused because he wanted MORE years
Thanks, I guess.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Don't be surprised if he gets it. If he does, I'll have zero problem with it.

Not for ten years though...
I would to be honest. Let's not forget he's a RFA.
If he signs a one year deal to low money, then has a vezina type year, fine, I won't be surprised. But after this year and as a RFA?? I'd be really surprised.
If he really wants so much, I'd definitely entertain the idea of trading him. If you have a team desperate for solid goaltending willing to part ways with a star, like in Edmonton perhaps. Then it could certainly become a better option to trade him.

I'd be surprised if he even got 1y at 7M. Makes no sense for him to be getting UFA type of money as a RFA who has won nothing more than one PO round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
7mill a year is most certainly not ok, not for any amount of years.
Agreed.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If he signs a one year deal to low money, then has a vezina type year, fine, I won't be surprised. But after this year and as a RFA?? I'd be really surprised.
If he really wants so much, I'd definitely entertain the idea of trading him. If you have a team desperate for solid goaltending willing to part ways with a star, like in Edmonton perhaps. Then it could certainly become a better option to trade him.

I'd be surprised if he even got 1y at 7M. Makes no sense for him to be getting UFA type of money as a RFA who has won nothing more than one PO round.

Agreed.
Well, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll sign for 5 mil. Then everyone's happy. Believe me, I don't want him to ask for 7, I'd love to have him for as cheap as we can get him. I just think that when you look at his age and resume, he's a 7 million dollar goalie.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:43 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

I heard from a friend who knows someone that Price refused 9M$ for 10 years. See, I can make up rumors to. The Habs are almost more secured than the friggen CIA and 99% of the time rumors are BS. Friggen Joe Blow posts something on his forum, some guy then quotes that on his twitter then you have Renault Lavoie having a hard on on twitter with that rumor so he shares it with RDS search people and there you have it. PG was too busy dealing with our squid anyway.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Zeroknowledge*

I don't want anything over 6 years. 90% of players on these long term contracts start sucking within a year or 2.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Marchy79

Quote:

IMO he doesn't see big money UNLESS it's multi-year. I think he's 3 mill right now?
A 1 year deal, he'd stay around there, with a small raise...

Having in our long term plans is the idea IMO... It's getting to yey or ney time for him, and he's performed very well, being all of 24 with 3 All-star appearances to show already (at goaltending, this is a very unique trait shared by many of the greats)

I definately breathed much easier when I realized ChewBACHa was right about it being 2 years eligible though (some reason I thought it was only 1...)

Either way it does pose an interesting question as to how we lock him up. This summer will tell the tale as to what happens IMO... I dont think The Habs are going to go for a 2 year deal, and Price's play has warranted a multi-year deal. He and his agent are in the driver's seat on this one.

In terms of safe pick to the person for a long term deal (say 7 + years)... It'd be Price. A positive to consider is the fact that if they do sign multiyear, they might keep the first year low, so he can expand to his full salary. Frankly, year by year, I dont care what his salary is. I just care about how much it impacts the team.

He's a quality kid... Who is an elite at his position at such a young age. Looking around the league and seeing guys like Doughty or Kane getting locked down early (I think Staal may have been as well), or Jack Johnson in LA... Yes, they arent goalies, but isnt that the entire issue? Carey Price is THE goaltender of the future. There are other goalies that are young, an are doing allright... But there is something different about this kid... There is a pedigree to him, and he has Championships to back it up (AHL, WJC) add to that his MVP calibre in said leagues, we got to face it, we ARENT dealing with a 'Halak' or another decent goalie that's around... We're taking about a kid who in his position, is up there with the best... he plays 70 + games a year, posts up pretty good numbers, and he plays on a less than stellar team.

I agree with WeThreeKings about the notion that Im kind of relieved to get the team's weaknesses addressed, as IMO we were stalling because we masked these problems.
I dont think this team is as far off as some would presume... and I do think that Gauthier has done a good jobs with the movements he's making. I was all for firing this guy before the draft, and was on a heavy rant implying this. Since then, I sketically watched all his moves, and honestly have to say I have liked nearly all of them.

Drafting Beaulieu was the first of many decent moves he made. Focused very heavily on Defence these last few drafts... IMO They got to get their heads outta the sand, and go after some producing forwards. One look at Hamilton's stats shows that we have a committee going on down there... and while there is an odd couple of guys having decent seasons... Many more are struggling to do anything offensively. I still give the draft the due to the Beaulieau pick. I watched him in the Memorial cup, and thought he was incredible there... I wanted that pick badly.

R. Russell for M. Blunden.

Russell joins his twin in Columbus, and goes to his regular AHL'er form, & we get Blunden, a guy who gives his all every shift, and IMO can easily help this team out as a fourth line energy guy/ Spare forward.

Re-signing Markov 3 years.

Ok so we never thought the injury was going to keep him out this long. I still believe he comes back this year. and if he plays out the next 2 1/3 years, without injury. I'd still contest it as a good signing. You cannot let a talent like Markov walk in summer. He's homegrown, the injuries are legitimate, they were based on freak injuries starting with the Grabovski hit. Back of his leg sliced by Price in the opener that other year.. The contact on the knee with Staal... It's not stuff we can attribute to reckless play. He was a victim of bad luck. I honestly believe when he comes back, it's going to be a spark to this team. We are so much stronger with the inclusion of # 79.

Signing Eric Cole 4 years.

Hab Killer who loves playing in Montreal, comes in and torches the buiding down. Becoming heralded as the best UFA signing of the crop of 2011... Like it or lump it... it was Gauthier's call, and he did the right thing here.

Resigned Brock Trotter, Agreed to terms with Alexei Emelin

After losing Boyd and the other guy to the KHL... We finally see some returns from Russia, as Emelin agrees to terms, and Trotter comes back in to the fold. Emelin is quickly becoming a crowd favourite for his open ice hitting ability... and is already in Montreal... Trotter I'll come back to

Agree to terms with Hal Gill. Said goodbye to Hamrlik

Personally, still dont like this one... But he made the call... It hinged on a 2 year deal Hamr wanted... I know I wasnt wanting for him to have a 2 year deal. So I guess it's a wash... Still wouldn't of resigned Gill though...

Not taking the opportunity with Jagr.

There was some interest on Jagr's side to come here originally... Gauthier kind of snubbed the whole thing. I still dont like how he did this one up. How does one with so many offensive issues NOT have ears interested to a guy who wants a small salary, to resume his NHL career, in which he had 1599 points? Don't know? Neither do I

Claimed Blair Betts.

It wasnt a bad move, but I do add it here, because it does show that Gauthier was NOT entirely comfortable with Engqvist starting out 11-12 here. Kind of wished he was the same guy as a few years back. But talking to Flyer fans, they said he was pretty abused by the time this season came around, is not the same player he was... So no big loss.

Signed Jeff Woywitka.

It was a good move... Good depth d-man we lost here, (bigger clease clearing d-man) limited though. I liked having him here, but was a bit disapointed watching him get claimed.

Signed Chris Campoli

Again, good move... I think it gets poor review, because Campoli got injured essentially in his first steps as a Canadien, and had his spot stolen by a guy we pencilled in as requiring some AHL seasoning (Diaz). Still, not bad to add depth, and I do believe he will turn in to a positive at the deadline.

Traded Mathieu Carle for Mark Mitera.

Still on the fence on this one. Mitera is bigger... But I liked Carle. Add to this the fact that Mitera has struggled in Hamiton.

Traded Trotter & 7th for Stafford (AHL defensive help) & Nokelainen

Has struggled, but Nokes accepts his role, an is a High % rh faceoff man (the only one we have). I do like his game, and I have only heard about good things and Stafford in Hamilton

Signed Budaj for 2 years 1 mill.
Still dont entirely get this one... But he's had some impressive showings.

Pulled the Kaberle for Spacek deal.

I still like it. We have a fast team, and we needed more than Markov to help with solid transition anyways. 15 games, 9 points. Not bad so far. I think this one wil turn out positive yet, furthermore I have to say it was ballsy of him to do the deal. Especially considering the backlash. Thumbs up (though not a popular one) by me.

Cammalleri, Ramo & 2012 5th for Bourque, Patrick Holland, and a 2013 2nd.

As much as some may disagree... It was time to check the ego out the door. The guy thinks so highly of his offensive game, it leaves little to nothing defensively. His offense has been MIA since the playoff run, and we got immediate help and a guy who has outscored the sniper the past 3 years running. If last night was any indication... My guts were right. The size & no fear mentality of being able to crash the front of the net is something we desperately lacked. You can say what you will about patchwork... 30 yrs old, & signed for 4 more years isnt bad, for a guy who is on pace to match his 2 previous seasons of 27 goals. The 2nd in the deep draft year is thinking ahead. It's not a panic move, simply because we got a MUCH better draft pick (granted for next year) out of it. The prospect has been improving, and seems like a likeable kid from the ****** notes I read up on him... & the Ramo situation, he was never going to come here IMO... I think MTL is trying to build some esteem with Carey prior to sitting him down, and letting him know its in him we trust. Ramo for the record, signed some really lavish deal in the KHL for a couple of seasons... He's their league's best goalie last year, and is being paid richly for it. I think it's only for guarantees he comes over. Either way, I elieve he pulled this trigger for chemistry. I believe Bourque will bring some of that. Furthermmore, for as much as he was a drawback in Calgary... It did sound like he was going to be missed by his teammates. Mikey kind of got no reaction at all in comparison.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll sign for 5 mil. Then everyone's happy. Believe me, I don't want him to ask for 7, I'd love to have him for as cheap as we can get him. I just think that when you look at his age and resume, he's a 7 million dollar goalie.
yup. That's exactly what I think too. I dont want him to go for 7... Or if he does, it'd be nice to work something in that lowers the cap hit. The fact that the habs rely on him to play 90% of their games says it all about his 'Price-less' value

Old
01-16-2012, 11:11 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

@Ghost, it's your opinion and I respect it, but there will be times when we are tearing our hair out because Bourque just went on a 10-game floating streak. It's gonna happen a lot too since he's signed for 4 more seasons.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Marchy79

Quote:

Agreed.
Look around the league and find goalies in Prices age group, and pedigree... Marketing wise, he's up there with the elite. He's ultimately going to be paid like one...

For a position that is SO important (a crappy goalie DOES make a world of difference) so many people underrate the position. Last year he faced 2200 shots. and posted a .923 S%. If that was more closer to the .905 ish that many average goalies post.... we'd be talking a difference of 40 goals. This team has been essentially horrible all year, and this guy posts a .913 .

I would love to see what he could do with a team that was running smoothely...

Old
01-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
@Ghost, it's your opinion and I respect it, but there will be times when we are tearing our hair out because Bourque just went on a 10-game floating streak. It's gonna happen a lot too since he's signed for 4 more seasons.
I appreciate that I just see Cammy as doing much of the same but at less intensity, and more pay.

Bourque IMO had to get out of Iggy's shadow in Calgary... I have heard about his inconsistency, but I do contend he does have a clean slate here (in terms of his play). & a chance to take the bull by the horns... He's been in and out of the dog house for quite some time in Calgary... I do think this opportunity is going to hit like a breath of fresh air for him (speculating of course, but it is based upon his body language that he conveyed throughout the first practice interviews, & how he carried himself).
He's genuinely excited to be here, and by many accounts was a good dressing room guy. Furthermore... if he maintains the status quo and is inconsistent, yet still pops 27 goals... His 3.3 million shouldn't be hard to move.If Cammy kept his play up, we'd be hard pressed to find anyone to take 6 million for an injury prone sniper who cant pop 27 goals in any of his seasons here, and regularly shirks any and all defensive responsibilities, like he was Gretzky or something (lol).

18 minutes is a lot of time to ice a player who plays such lazy defence, on such a marginaly scoring team. I mean the guy posted 17 hits last year! I do realize its not his game... But c'mon. I wish someone told him 'Buy in to the team my man!'

I heard he was upset he didnt get a letter. Well, in comparison... Gio had 87 hits. 87!!!! He simply shows in his numbers even... that he is that much more tenacious, and dedicate to this teams chances night in, night out. If he doesnt score, he's attempting to leave a mark forechecking and applying pressure on the opposition's defence corps.

Bourque on the other hand, adds a lot of size in Cammalleri's deletion, and will definately forecheck harder than Camm ever did.

I find that most who arent popping 35 + a year tend to be more streaky... But I for one will accept the more honest approach to Bourque's game, than Cammalleri's unidimensional scoring game, that wasnt working here (in the regular season at least)

Old
01-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Same thing with Cammy though he has/had been invisible for a long time even after the firing of Martin he was still really quiet which you figure would have sparked him, his attitude was not the most positive for this team in my opinion either even before the "loser" talk.

The thing about Bourque is while certainly not as talented he has a physical edge this team (and Cammy) lacks even if he's not scoring, he should put up 15-25 goals if history repeats itself.

Only the future knows though I guess, time will tell.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Look around the league and find goalies in Prices age group, and pedigree... Marketing wise, he's up there with the elite. He's ultimately going to be paid like one...

For a position that is SO important (a crappy goalie DOES make a world of difference) so many people underrate the position. Last year he faced 2200 shots. and posted a .923 S%. If that was more closer to the .905 ish that many average goalies post.... we'd be talking a difference of 40 goals. This team has been essentially horrible all year, and this guy posts a .913 .

I would love to see what he could do with a team that was running smoothely...
I think you might be the one that needs to look around the league.
First off, let's be clear that I'm speaking of the cap hit. I don't care about the salary.
This year, there isn't one NHL goaltender that has a 7M cap hit. Three of them have over a 6M cap hit, Lundqvist, Ward and Miller.
Lundqvist has been nominated for the Vezina three times.
Miller won the vezina.
Ward has a SC and a Conn Smythe.

Pekka Rinne is the only goalie that will hit the 7M mark, he is, in my opinion, the best goalie of the NHL.

You like to point out how you'd love to see what Price could do on a good team, well, look at Rinne's stats under a very average team, one that never had the luxury of spending to the cap. A team who's best offensive players are Erat, Legwand and Kostitsyn. Despite playing on weaker teams than Price has, he's never put up less than a .911 and already has 23 SO. If you thought Mtl was heavily relying on goaltending, you haven't looked at Nashville much. He should have won the Vezina, without any doubt.

Rinne got this extension while being set to become an UFA.

As for .905 Sv percentage you say other average goalies get, it's just wrong. Such a low percentage doesn't represent an ''average'' keeper, it represents a bad season. Only 27 goalies, out of 77 that have played at least once, has an average of .905 of less. Only 10 have played over 20 games. That isn't what I consider an average.
So, if he had posted a .905 Sv%, he wouldn't have faced 2200 shots, as he would have played a lot less due to a poor season.

There is no reason for Price to be tied as the highest cap goalie in the NHL. Makes no sense whatsoever. Even less sense when he's a RFA.
I'll be incredibly surprised if his cap hit exceeds 5-5.5M.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Same thing with Cammy though he has/had been invisible for a long time even after the firing of Martin he was still really quiet which you figure would have sparked him, his attitude was not the most positive for this team in my opinion either even before the "loser" talk.

The thing about Bourque is while certainly not as talented he has a physical edge this team (and Cammy) lacks even if he's not scoring, he should put up 15-25 goals if history repeats itself.

Only the future knows though I guess, time will tell.
add to that that in Bourque's splits in the past 1 1/2 years... He's done really well against the eastern conference.

30 GP 15 G 3 A 18 Pts

Not saying he's going to do exactly this... But there is some promise there...

Old
01-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
I think you might be the one that needs to look around the league.
First off, let's be clear that I'm speaking of the cap hit. I don't care about the salary.
This year, there isn't one NHL goaltender that has a 7M cap hit. Three of them have over a 6M cap hit, Lundqvist, Ward and Miller.
Lundqvist has been nominated for the Vezina three times.
Miller won the vezina.
Ward has a SC and a Conn Smythe.

Pekka Rinne is the only goalie that will hit the 7M mark, he is, in my opinion, the best goalie of the NHL.

You like to point out how you'd love to see what Price could do on a good team, well, look at Rinne's stats under a very average team, one that never had the luxury of spending to the cap. A team who's best offensive players are Erat, Legwand and Kostitsyn. Despite playing on weaker teams than Price has, he's never put up less than a .911 and already has 23 SO. If you thought Mtl was heavily relying on goaltending, you haven't looked at Nashville much. He should have won the Vezina, without any doubt.

Rinne got this extension while being set to become an UFA.

As for .905 Sv percentage you say other average goalies get, it's just wrong. Such a low percentage doesn't represent an ''average'' keeper, it represents a bad season. Only 27 goalies, out of 77 that have played at least once, has an average of .905 of less. Only 10 have played over 20 games. That isn't what I consider an average.
So, if he had posted a .905 Sv%, he wouldn't have faced 2200 shots, as he would have played a lot less due to a poor season.

There is no reason for Price to be tied as the highest cap goalie in the NHL. Makes no sense whatsoever. Even less sense when he's a RFA.
I'll be incredibly surprised if his cap hit exceeds 5-5.5M.
I too am talking about cap hit... Only I dont think it's out of the question he earns 7 million in some of those seasons on a long term deal. That's what I am saying. I hope his cap hit does remain in the 5-6 mill range... That's beneficial to the club, and Carey Prices future successes in the NHL. I KNOW that goalteners dont currently have 7 million dollar cap hits... But not many of those you mentioned have new deals post the Rinne deal. That's a new benchmark, and it will be hit again, by an elite goaltender somewhere in the NHL again. Salary's typically rise above the said benchmark, which is why a longer term deal, for a lot of money on a 24 year old elite goaltender is a possibility, because it COULD be beneficial.

Lundqvist is getting paid 6.875 million this year. is 29 and in his 7th nhl season
Miller 6.25 this year. is 31 and in his 7th season as starter. and his 10th since his debut.
Cam Ward 6.3 is 27, and in his 7th NHL season.

Price, being 24 and in his 5th as Starter eclipses all of them by way of age. The only one close is Cam Ward, who is sporting a beautiful .903 S% this year (I still consider him to be a decent goalie). Not one of those elite goaltenders were in the position as Price, who has 5 years of experience, (Lundqvist was in his 2nd year, Miller was establishing himself as a starter still, Ward was 25 in his 5th year, and Rinne was not in the NHL yet)

.905 would have put a goalie 54th out of 87 last year, & 54 out of 83 in 09-10... Lots of good goalies on bad teams will wind up in that area... Anyhow, the point is the difference having an average goaltender will do in comparison to an above average one.

Even when you want to put it up to .915, a goalie sporting a .930 is going to let in between 30-35 more goals on 2200 shots.

Furthermore, to touch on Rinne, who's 29, and is in his 4th year as starter... 6th since his debut, and sports a S% below Prices currently, has 2 of the best d-men in the league in front of him, and add to that Hamhuis 2 yrs back, and franson last year... The team is much more solid than what you are making it out to be. Their problem has been the talk of keeping the d together... Weber and Suter are very special players too... Over the past 2 years, price hasnt had the benefit to either one of these guys abilities.

Finally, not one of these guys are in the elite class, as 24 yr old goalies. The only one who is close out of that entire group is Ward, who can be quite inconsistent even at 27 yrs old.

24, 5 yrs as starter under his belt... can prove he's elite by his GP (70+) and 3 allstar nominations... These are all factors that can and probaly will be considered. I HOPE it can stay in a 5-6 range... But Im not going to lose my mind if it IS in fact, 7.

Last edited by Marchy79: 01-17-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old
01-17-2012, 05:18 AM
HockeyF3ind

Wanna Lock up Price? Give him a front loaded contract.

15 yrs 75 million (5 million per)

10 (4 mil signing bonus), 10 (4 Mil signing bonus), 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1,

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:57 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:

Agreed.
Like trading Price for Hall or Price for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

The big problem is we have no other goalie to replace Price, and I think his agent know it pretty well and will take advantage.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Like trading Price for Hall or Price for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

The big problem is we have no other goalie to replace Price, and I think his agent know it pretty well and will take advantage.
What do you mean we have the 2nd coming of Halak in Budaj , another Slovak trying to steal Carey's spot.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:04 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
What do you mean we have the 2nd coming of Halak in Budaj , another Slovak trying to steal Carey's spot.
Yeah I am surprised I did not see a "Price or Budaj" thread after the win vs Rangers

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Lions999

Quote:
Cammy`s been floating for a year and a half now so no big deal.

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreaterikku View Post
Seriously... if Price rejected a 7 millions 7 year deal he just wants out.

I mean, he his Price, not the savior. He can't expect to have more than Rine and/or Fleury.
That's pretty dumb because his agent is the one in charge of what he takes or doesn't take. Does Price get a say? Of course. But I guarantee at this stage his agent strongly advised against accepting it because:

A) It's a negotiation
B) Maybe Price wants 10 years

Pretty sure if he wanted out he wouldn't pull a Turris.

When you're negotiating and the person puts 7x7 on the table right off the bat, obviously you're an agent, your job is useless if you don't try to negotiate a better deal.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:35 AM
neofury*

Quote:
I doubt a lot of people will because...

A) He isn't Russian
B) His cap hit isn't outrageous
C) He provides other things

A being the most important one, if it's a Russian player who isn't a superstar I've learned they basically can do no right in this city.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:54 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I doubt a lot of people will because...

A) He isn't Russian
B) His cap hit isn't outrageous
C) He provides other things

A being the most important one, if it's a Russian player who isn't a superstar I've learned they basically can do no right in this city.
Has Federov, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Malkin played in Mtl ?

Are Markov and Kovalev considered superstar ?

Because both players got trashed on by a lot of Mtl supporters... and the others haven't played here so we can confirm otherwise, but I'd say that ANY Russians (or russian-like players for some Kazakhs, Belarusians, Czeches, Slovaks, etc.) can do no right here...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

If I'm GM I look at two options and make offers to Price's camp.

Option 1 is the 7-8 year deal. Seems like the organisation doesn't like going past 5 years but may do it for it's "franchise player". Front load the contract with a 5 mil signing bonus and 8 mil/year the first 3 years, 4th year 5 mil 5th year 5 mil, 6th year 4 mil, 7th year 3 mil. 7 years 46 mil or 8 years 52 mil.

Option 2 is to go shorter term so he has UFA years in his prime at 27-28.

3 years at 19 mil or 4 years at 25 mil

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote