HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Reference to other Blues Related Forums (MOD)

Old
01-15-2012, 07:08 PM
PlagerBros*

vCash: 500
Any Reference to other Blues Related Forums (MOD)

deleted since the title of thread was changed so it does not reflect what the thread is about.

Last edited by PlagerBros*: 03-10-2012 at 10:33 PM.
PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 50
I post there very rarely still.

People just tend to overreact to everything there.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 07:57 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

There's a lot of overlap.

I began posting there in 2000 but typed the word "*****" (something a lot of other people do) and got banned. Mike Smith can eat the corn out of mine.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 08:18 PM
h22prelude93

I originally had an account on the former Official Blues website's forum(under Kariya009), and discovered the Stl Today forums and eventually this forum from a few intelligent posters from over there and from the Blues chatroom that I created at the time. I can tell you this is definitely by far the best out of the three. Simply because here they don't put up with trolls and the information is much easier to sift through without all the unnecessary flaming and unrelated topics. I still post on StlToday, but rarely and it more and more reminds me of the Official Blues Forum(which was an absolute trainwreck, and eventually had little to no supervision once "Moody" left or was no longer the moderator). I still read and post on Stl Today sometimes, but usually just to ask JR questions in his Q & A's and read his Morning Skate threads. All in all if you like to have intelligent hockey conversations, and not have to read through a bunch of unnecessary posts, then this is the place to be. Also, I like the format here more. It is simple and to the point, but still gives you plenty of option and tools to work with. And thanks to our Mods here there is really little to no trolling.

Last edited by h22prelude93: 01-15-2012 at 08:23 PM.
h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

I was a long time poster on the Official Forum, but I moved here and StlToday when the Official site was closed. I lurked StlToday sporadically for about one season but spent about 3 days posting before I gave up on their interface.

I completely understand why posters here disparage the Official Forum, as things nosedived without any measurable moderator supervision. Even before the nosedive, it was a different environment. I am not surprised that most of the less polite posters from the Official Forum moved to StlToday because they absolutely would not be tolerated here. I expected problems would form there.

As much as I greatly prefer the more rational and intelligent discussion here, I must say I do miss some of the more lighthearted posting. In my limited experience, it seems as though humor is a bit frowned upon and/or misunderstood around these parts. Posters here take their Blues and hockey discussion very seriously.

Last edited by superblues: 01-15-2012 at 10:37 PM.
superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:07 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

I started over there before I got to HFboards.

I'm not trying to say that HFboards are better (especially the main boards), but speaking specifically of BluesTalk, I get tired of the constant knee-jerk reactions, alarmist attitudes and ridiculous trade proposals/ideas of where to take the direction of the team.

Were it up to these people, the Blues would be in worse off shape and likely would have never gotten out of the post-lockout dark days.

It's probably my fault for taking the internet seriously in the first place, though.

/rant

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Robb_K

This is by far the best Blues' forum. I still post at St.L Today Blues Talk, but a lot more here. I stopped posting at Let's Go Blues. Blues Talk has JR and Andy S. , and also some European posters that are not here, who give updates on Russian, Swedish and Finnish leagues (and Blues' prospects).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:02 AM
ikeman79

I posted on the Official forum for years before it became so ludicrous. It was unbearable to sift through the content. Plus posters became rude and no action was taken against them, I believe moderators must not have existed in the latter years. I tried continually to contact them with no reply. Serious cursing and ridiculous banter towards people there to actually talk about hockey finally ran me off for good.

I have posted at letsgoblues but it seems like a pack of outlaws trying to run a forum. It gets badly off topic and bashes players pretty badly. I wouldn't let my child surf the site either so I quit posting there too.

This is my favorite blues forum. I don't post here as much because the actual amount of relevant topics. I enjoy reading it and don't feel the need to add much most of the time because it usually stays on topic and is interesting if you actually are here to read and discuss the Blues and Hockey. There isn't much allowance for stupidity and rudeness towards fellow posters and the moderators here actually keep it nice to enjoy this site. I really enjoy this forum the most of any Blues forum.

ikeman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:10 AM
SteenMachine

I got sick of the Blues Official forums in a hurry, they had some really good posters there as far as personality was concerned, but beyond that people just hated hearing from someone who had more knowledge about anything. They would just bandwagon bad attitudes and pissing matches instead of trying to learn about the game and the league to become better hockey fans and not just fairweather Blues fans.

They would literally spend months or entire seasons wasting every single post trying to flame or blame specific players on individual events during the season as being the entire reason the team wasn't succeeding at any given point.

I don't even like seeing the rare occurrence of that on here because it's clear those people only have an agenda of "get rid of this guy because we could clearly be better than 3 points out of the Presidents Trophy".

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Ugh guess it's good this is the only one I ever went to. I used to be on the Official one too (I think? The one on their website thru NHL.com, the one that shut down?) I lurked mostly on it though. I came here last summer but didn't come back much until that one shut down. I think I'll go with the general opinion here and not bother with anywhere else.

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Jeeper

I used to do alot of posting on the "official" Blues forum, but that got WAY out of hand (a couple of "kids" who lived in mommy's basement, I suspect), so I moved over here and STL Today.

Pretty much Lurk in both places...some good posts in STL Today, but the noise to signal ratio is rising over there...

Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Honeycutt

i was posting on STltoday, but Bernie banned my when i questioned his facts and called him Lazy.

Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:48 PM
STL fan in IA

I post both here and STL Today. The knowledge, respectfulness and and the actual forum interface is much better here but I would like to see more traffic/discussion sometimes. There's a ton more threads on STLToday...but sometimes that's not a good thing. I oftentimes find myself arguing with someone there who has no clue or even worse, someone who probably has a clue but is spewing garbage anyway until I find myself asking, why am I wasting my time with this?

I rarely looked at the official forum. I posted a few times there but it was just an absolute mess and I hadn't even logged on there for a year or two before it was closed. If STLToday is the asylum, I don't even want to know what that place was.

Also, superblues, you can have fun here - it just needs to be kept respectful and in the right place. Besides the Blues forum here, there are a ton of other forums, some of which are specifically for off-topic discussion, humor, etc., namely, The Lounge. And of course, there are the photoshop threads...

Current photoshop thread on the main board forwarded to page 12 - where photoshops of Pang pretending to be a shark start.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1049075&page=12

The epic Olli Jokinen/Turkey Girl thread.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=616680&page=2

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:47 AM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

I may start drifting here, too much overreaction over there and people who cant take criticism and/or are sycophants. IA, You are the only person I respect over there. (I posted a BBIR and changed to I AM SPARTACUS (i havn't lived in Reno since 2008)) I'd like a place I can get good fan analysis, I have the hockey IQ of an infant so any analysis that can make me a smarter fan is always helpful. I do frequent St Louis Game Time and participate in th e GDT for road games and at home games on my mobile (I use the handle I_AM_SPARTACUS). I sneak around here at times, but I may make this a regular stop.

BDEuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:04 AM
blue bleeder 24-7

I come here for sensibility and analysis. I go over there simply because of the volume.

It really isn't that much of an inconvenience to me to visit both sites, so I do. I usually read more than I write on both.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:42 AM
SirPaste

Still browse the asylum but dont really post too often. Too much nonsense over there.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I started on the official forum, then the Asylum, then here. I used to continue reading the Asylum, because I wanted more volume. Then I discovered all the other forums on HF.

I get more from reading comments from other fans than I would from loony Blues fans with an axe to grind.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

I post on STLToday very infrequently, but I stop by on an occasion. My main purpose in going that way is to pick up information that isn't here yet. Most of the time I don't even read posts (aside from the few respected people over there...IA I am looking at you! lol). Mostly I want to find articles or information form credible sources that I don't follow (ie. via twitter or some radio show in another city...etc.)

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:37 AM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I post on STLToday very infrequently, but I stop by on an occasion. My main purpose in going that way is to pick up information that isn't here yet. Most of the time I don't even read posts (aside from the few respected people over there...IA I am looking at you! lol). Mostly I want to find articles or information form credible sources that I don't follow (ie. via twitter or some radio show in another city...etc.)
How about a sticky on the Blues thread with Twitter handles and "credible" sources for blues news, friendly or not. I follow quite a bit and get some excellent updates.

BDEuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
HockeyGuy73

I am over on STL quite often. Bernie banned me a few years ago because I questioned a comment he made about Kariya. So, like many others do over there, I created a new name and went about my business. I have been coming over here a lot more often, but dont post much(after I posted this, I saw this was my first post over here). Maybe I will change that. This is the place I get all my postings for the FTP over on STL. Would that be acceptable to post those over here, too?

Last edited by HockeyGuy73: 01-17-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added comment
HockeyGuy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
britishblue
Rookie User

seems like a good thread to start posting in! i used the official forum quite a bit before it was shut down recently (same name), was thinking about going to the stltoday one but tbh it seemed to be going the same way as the official one, a few genuine guys and a bunch of numpties who like to cause drama.

britishblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I started on the official forum, then the Asylum, then here. I used to continue reading the Asylum, because I wanted more volume. Then I discovered all the other forums on HF.

I get more from reading comments from other fans than I would from loony Blues fans with an axe to grind.
This is the best part of HF, and what is/was sorely lacking at the other sites (even though I'm often the one holding the proverbial ax ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishblue View Post
seems like a good thread to start posting in! i used the official forum quite a bit before it was shut down recently (same name), was thinking about going to the stltoday one but tbh it seemed to be going the same way as the official one, a few genuine guys and a bunch of numpties who like to cause drama.
Welcome, british! One of the shining beacons of sensibility from the official forums. It's nice to see a familiar name.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:48 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

I trolled along and just read the official for a long time, never made an account and used it to learn more about the Blues. I honestly quit watching hockey for the most part when they went on strike and I was upset so gave up on sports in general. Past two years I really got sunk back in and forgave (or forgot).

THis is first place I joined because I was pleased to see people did not hate and venom spewed. Pretty knowledgable folks who I can ask a stupid question and not get flamed for it (for the most part). I like to think I am not a complete noob, but in some aspects of the game I really am. I love the logic and statistical analysis, though sometimes "gut feelings" still outweight what some stat says.

Blues Official was a gut place and just a flaming session. I was sad to see it go because I liked to see some posts to learn... I joined here because I felt "safer". Plus I like the GDTs and talking during the game is fun. Like I am enjoying the game with others and not just by my lonesome!

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:35 AM
PlagerBros*

STLToday

deleted since it does not belong in this thread

Last edited by PlagerBros*: 03-10-2012 at 10:33 PM.
PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:17 PM
beatoni12

Count me as a banned StlToday poster. I've looked at HFBoards before, and made a couple posts on the Islanders board a couple years ago but never got involved too much in the Blues board since I was on BluesTalk already.

Seems like a good setup here though and the posters / conversation sure does seem more knowledgable.

beatoni12 is offline   Reply With Quote