HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stuff

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2004, 11:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Stuff

Bored, so I thought I would post some random stuff, didn't know what to call it, so went the lazy route.

-Markov seems to be playing well with Dynamo, hope he doesn't end up liking it too much. He's scoring at close to a point a game, and on pace to have a career year in the RSL.

-I heard that in a game the other day Bulis got beat up by Rachunek after he hit one of Rachunek's teammates. Bulis seems to be having better success finding the back of the net in the Czech league.

-Ryder is supposed to leave for Sweden on Friday, hopefully he can work on his game, has to be one of the top forwards in the league I would guess. He'll be playing for Leksand, Johan Eneqvist's former team.

-Alex Dulac-Lemelin is tied for the top scoring defensemen on his team with 3 pts.

-Jaroslav Halak has found early success in the Q, in 3 games, he's got 1 SO and has kept his gaa under 2.

-Christopher Heino-Lindberg is putting up great numbers in the tier-2 league with 2 SO's in 10 games, and some very impressive numbers. Next year we will have Danis, Michaud, Halak and Lindberg all fighting for spots, assuming that Lindberg really does want to come over and Halak isn't returned to the Q as an overager. Should be interesting to see how this pans out.

-Our NCAA prospects don't start their season for 3 more weeks. Damn Ivy league schools take forever to start their season. I'll be watching Wyman at the end of the month and Cornell 2-3 times this year at the very least, can't wait to see what Wyman does (I am concerned about the amount of ice time he will get on what could be the top team in the ECAC) Also hoping O'Byrne has a big year defensively.

-Larrivee and Michaud should be getting lots of sun out west (funny it used to be East Coast Hockey league, now it's just ECHL) I would expect one or two players to join them. Sanford, if he goes to the ECHL, will likely play for the Boardwalk Bullies (Isles farm team) as he was signed by them.

-Hossa seems to be finding early success at finding the back of the net in the SEL, good for him, I hope he gains a lot of confidence this year. If he does, look out.

-Lapierre is going to have a tough time getting points this year, got to be tough scoring when Bonneau and Laliberte are your wingers. They all work hard, but none of them overflow with offensive skills. Too bad he's not playing with Slava Trunho, who I haven't seen yet, but I've heard great things about his skills.

-Chipchura is 1 pt behind 2nd overall in scoring in the WHL. The Habs last 3 picks from the WHL all have been top 10 scorers off the top of my head, with Hossa getting 92 pts, Balej's 51 goal season, and Milroy's 92 and 87 pt season. Chipchura is on pace to make it 4, maybe we should draft from the dub more often.

'04 picks Greg Stewart and Mikhail Grabovski both are only 1 goal away from reaching their total goal production from last season. Maybe getting drafted gave them some extra confidence to shoot the puck more.

Will Kostitsyn have the same success Perezhogin had? I think it was amazing what a season AP had, as he was on fire in the playoffs, and the 2 hattricks not too far apart also showed how good this kid can be. It's scary to think we might have another verison of AP, just bigger and maybe more offensive. I don't know why Kostitsyn had so much trouble scoring in the RSL, but he's done it eveywhere else. Hopefully he continues to do it over here, although a poor season by him and I'll be banned from the prospects board for all the hype I've caused.

Is Higgins our best prospect? I've had a talk with a few people that have suggested Higgins is our top prospect, while I can't say I really agree, I also happen to think he's very underrated. I expect a big season from him and Plekanec, cause they will be a major part of any offensive success the Dogs have this year.

Can Sanford have the same success as J-P Cote did last year?

Is there any hope the NHLPA and owners can work it out before the season is lost?

Old
10-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Good thread!

Halak seem to be impressive. Tonight, he had a tie stopping 32 of the 34 shots. He's better then many goalers from the Q. Kost will probably have the same kind of season then Perez but I think he wil find his game earlier. MVP for Markov? we never know I guess.

Old
10-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Is there any hope the NHLPA and owners can work it out before the season is lost? :
Nice overview

I hope to see a lot more of these from you. You always seem to have loads of info. keep up the fine work.

Last edited by montreal: 10-13-2004 at 09:16 AM.
Old
10-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Thanks for the info lots to chew on...hopefully whats working right now keeps working and whats not sorts itself out. Especially with the whole NHL season thing.

Old
10-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
MVP for Markov? we never know I guess.
Why not, hes already won best defensemen in the RSLtwice.

Old
10-12-2004, 12:23 AM
not quite yoda

Who is the no1 goalie in Lewiston? Halak has less GP than the other guy yet Halak has far superior GAA and SV%. He is amongst the league leaders in both categories. Was he hurt at the start of the season or was he peggedas the no2 to start?

Old
10-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I like when your bored Dan...your just better.

Great stuff, Thanks!

Old
10-12-2004, 01:24 AM
EaGLE1

The kind of ''stuff'' i was looking for

Old
10-12-2004, 03:33 AM
saskhab

If those previous 3 WHL picks are any indication, Chipchura's going to have a few bumps on the road to the NHL. It is understandable why some Habs fans cringe when a WHL player is drafted, but the talent we pick is undeniable.

If the NHL season starts in January, Higgins, Plekanec, Hainsey and Komisarek will leave the Bulldogs for the NHL, as will Ott, Miettenen, Daley, and Ellis. I just say this for players like Sanford, Archer, Michaud, Locke, and Urquhart who might get shafted in the meantime for icetime. It's a tricky situation to be a AHL general manager under normal cirucumstances, this year it's nearly impossible.

Also, Higgins is a great prospect, and I'm sure we'll all love him as a NHL player. Everything about his game screams a long, succesful NHL career. Best prospect? Depends what you emphasize. Kostitsyn may one day be above a PPG player (same with Perezhogin), but Higgins might consistently put up 65 points and play the PP, PK, match up against the other team's top line, and wear the C.

Old
10-12-2004, 07:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Who is the no1 goalie in Lewiston? Halak has less GP than the other guy yet Halak has far superior GAA and SV%. He is amongst the league leaders in both categories. Was he hurt at the start of the season or was he peggedas the no2 to start?

Halak is the #1, he had visa problems, couldn't play in North America for a few weeks. There was another visa problem with the entire team, as they couldn't enter the US, which makes it tough when you play in the states. This forced Lewistion to start their season later and on the road.

Glad to see you guys liked the thread, I'll keep us updated as much as I can, as I'm sure others will as well.

Old
10-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I don't know why Kostitsyn had so much trouble scoring in the RSL, but he's done it eveywhere else. Hopefully he continues to do it over here, although a poor season by him and I'll be banned from the prospects board for all the hype I've caused.
Don't worry, DB23 can't ban anybody around here!

Old
10-12-2004, 10:16 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
That was wicked montreal. Thanks dude.

Closed Thread