HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings | 1.16.12 | 7:30pm EST

Old
01-16-2012, 11:06 PM
jamers
bleep bop bloop

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Miller is the only reason Buffallo is a competitive team night after night, he is an elite top 5 NHL goalies and any teams would give a king ransom to acquire him.
A few years ago, yes. A change of scenery (and more practically, a better defensive team in front of him) might get his game back to form, but I wonder if we've seen the best of Miller in Buffalo already.

It's a shame, because I've always liked Miller.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
Miller interview upcoming on WGR and he drops a f bomb lol
Quote:
Miller said there's no external move that can reverse the Sabres' fortunes; that the responsibility lies within their dressing room.

From Miller after Buffalo's loss to the Wings:
"That's not my decision. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen in the locker room. If you guys really think there's going to be any kind of trade made anywhere that's going to affect this team any more than we can affect it in this locker room, you guys are just I don't know what to think, because there's no such trade.

"There's not ever going to be a trade in the history of the NHL that's going to affect anything like that. There's no chance anybody comes into this team and just shakes it up or we can even move multiple players and get any kind of return If you want to just destroy a team and just go out and be reckless and do something, yeah.

"But then there's going to be new guys in here, but other than that, this locker room's going to be pretty much the same, if not completely the same, and we've got to find it from in here. [Points to chest] We can't sit and wait for somebody else to f--king do it."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...042859708.html
Just curious, does anyone show any emotion in post-games outside of Miller? Or are they all just riding out the season with token phrases from the NHLPA handbook? If our goalie is the only voice in the locker room, it's no wonder we have problems with our skaters (since Miller's isolated in his crease for sixty minutes a night).

And when will these silly turnovers end?!

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:53 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Just curious, does anyone show any emotion in post-games outside of Miller? Or are they all just riding out the season with token phrases from the NHLPA handbook? If our goalie is the only voice in the locker room, it's no wonder we have problems with our skaters (since Miller's isolated in his crease for sixty minutes a night).

Getting embarrassed has a tendency to do this. It multiplies that much more when it happens in front of your entire family on your dime. Miller had a right to be hot after this game, he got no help. Although with all the finger pointing, I was stunned he never came back to the bench. I didn't think that was the right move at all, I cannot remember seeing that in all the years I have been watching the NHL. Even in Roy's famous last game in Montreal he sat there sulking on his own bench with his teammates. Don't get me wrong he had the right to leave for a while a lot of goalies do that, but he never came back that I could see and the Wings broadcast even pointed it out a couple of times.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:33 AM
BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Miller is the only reason Buffallo is a competitive team night after night, he is an elite top 5 NHL goalies and any teams would give a king ransom to acquire him.
Miller was a top five goalie once, during the 2009-10 season. Other than that, no. He's an above-average goalie* with a superstar-caliber cap hit. If teams are willing to pay a ransom for him, Buffalo should jump all over it.

*Miller's playing like a below-average goalie this year, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt overall and pay him the respect of being above average.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:23 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post

I dunno Millsie. Seems to me that there was a pretty big impact "in the room" when Philly dumped Carter and Richards last year.

I'm just not sure a trade would fix anything. I think Ruff has to go before any change will occur. You literally have AN ENTIRE HOCKEY TEAM saying that they have to try harder after every single mother ****ing game.

You have player after player laying out brain fart after brain fart every single night. When is someone other than fans and media going to realize that has absolutely nothing to do with one single player??

How can a 14 year coach let his team unravel like that after playing a decent first 16 minutes? How can that coach not demand that his star goalie be on the bench supporting his team? Pegula wants the team to be close knit and this is a ****ing mockery. Either the players are too tight knit to say a damn word to eachother about who needs to perform or its been done and the ******* cant handle it.

I really don't know. But what I do know is that a team with the longest tenured coach and gm in all of pro sports shouldn't be in this situation. PERIOD.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Hockeyfan2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
Detroit's in bad shape economically, arena's not full all of the time

Love datsyuk, such a combo of vision and skill
From what I know, they've sold out 50+ consecutive games at the Joe. That coming after the streak was snapped briefly after selling out 400+ games.

Hockeyfan2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:53 PM
jamers
bleep bop bloop

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan2390 View Post
From what I know, they've sold out 50+ consecutive games at the Joe. That coming after the streak was snapped briefly after selling out 400+ games.
Yeah, just referring to the handful of times I've gone to Red Wings' games in the past 18 months or so, and it wasn't always full. Someone else mentioned they've been selling all of the tickets, just not everyone showing up.

Either way, I know there was talk about more emphasis on the Lions this year making it harder on Detroit fan's pocketbooks. Love Detroit fans though, never had as many objective hockey discussions as I've had with Red Wings fans (in person, not on hfboards).

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote