Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Re-sign Harding

Old
01-16-2012, 05:57 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Malone? Are you serious? How often are you watching Tampa? Yuck.

EDIT: As far as Malone for Schultz; sign me up. Granted, I'd be in favor of moving Schultz for a roll of used sock tape at this point.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:03 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Schultz...Yeah, i'd do that.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
what price would that be for a $4.5 million cap hit the next three seasons?
Some sort of magician move - torn on possibly Harding but would do Schultz or Zidlicky (which again might be a magician move). I'm not as worried about the $4.5 million cap hit given the team will be in the midst of a youth movement and many of the "dead weight" contracts will be off the books during that time. The team needs veteran leadership and scoring.

But again, it's a moot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenwolfson
#MNWild update: told that Ryan Malone's no-trade clause would likely stop any sort of deal. His name has been discussed by Fletcher.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:14 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

well, if neither team is going to win I guess the weather is nicer in FL. I agree he is the type of player I think would do well in the team dynamic and move toward what Yeo wants out of us, but I think that hit will be more trouble than it's worth in the next couple years. I don't often move towards this side of the fence, but I'd rather have the extra money--i really think the possibility of signing a high value FA will outweigh Malone's potential contribution to the team. I'd rather have an overpaid Vanek on the team than an overpaid Malone, for example.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Mancini79

Send a message via MSN to Mancini79 Send a message via Yahoo to Mancini79
Quote:
well, if neither team is going to win I guess the weather is nicer in FL. I agree he is the type of player I think would do well in the team dynamic and move toward what Yeo wants out of us, but I think that hit will be more trouble than it's worth in the next couple years. I don't often move towards this side of the fence, but I'd rather have the extra money--i really think the possibility of signing a high value FA will outweigh Malone's potential contribution to the team. I'd rather have an overpaid Vanek on the team than an overpaid Malone, for example.
How about Tuomo Ruutu and Gleason? For what on our end though? And I agree with going after High End FA (Parise and Shea Weber would be my top 2 to go after)

Last edited by Mancini79: 01-16-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Mancini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:45 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I guess I just don't see the reason to be parting with assets for anyone of any sort of significance right now...

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

All I really see the Wild doing is maybe moving some draft picks for some other draft picks. This team is not in a position to be making big moves yet.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini79 View Post
How about Tuomo Ruutu and Gleason? For what on our end though?
For the pair? I really don't know what Carolina needs at the moment, but I suspect prospects would be their asking price. Gleason would probably be very useful the remainder of his contract (relative our current crop of D) but I'm not sure what to do about Ruutu. He sounds like a Yeo type player but where to put him? I'm sure he'd be useful, but at the expense of placing him where for that kind of money? I doubt Carolina will be wanting to take much salary back (or contract-years) otherwise I'd say give them Cullen along with Brodziak on his expiring deal along with any of our current D but Scanny and Spurge. I don't know if we're good trade partners. The contracts are short enough for my taste, though.

edit: Parise and Weber are my picks as well, if we have any chance at all for either. I've been leaning towards Suter vs. Weber but that's because I'd have guessed Suter would be more available.

Old
01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
This. Don't be surprised to see Tampy make a move I think. Possibly even Chicago
If Chicago somehow signed/acquired Harding, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown. Harding would become a premier goalie in the league. Everyone would notice him. I'd be bitter.

Anyone but Chicago, please.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Mancini79

Send a message via MSN to Mancini79 Send a message via Yahoo to Mancini79
Quote:
For the pair? I really don't know what Carolina needs at the moment, but I suspect prospects would be their asking price. Gleason would probably be very useful the remainder of his contract (relative our current crop of D) but I'm not sure what to do about Ruutu. He sounds like a Yeo type player but where to put him? I'm sure he'd be useful, but at the expense of placing him where for that kind of money? I doubt Carolina will be wanting to take much salary back (or contract-years) otherwise I'd say give them Cullen along with Brodziak on his expiring deal along with any of our current D but Scanny and Spurge. I don't know if we're good trade partners. The contracts are short enough for my taste, though.

edit: Parise and Weber are my picks as well, if we have any chance at all for either. I've been leaning towards Suter vs. Weber but that's because I'd have guessed Suter would be more available.
Brodz (love him, but it's worth it) Cullen for sure and Schultz. Thought Cully had NTC. If that's the case I would be willing to throw in a prospect; either Larsson or Haula (+mid round pick). I'd say Backs, but I doubt anyone would want a $12mil goaltending tandem, lol.

I'd put Ruutu on the 1st to start and see what happens. Always liked him. Awesome behind the net as well. Would instantly add a scoring punch to the Wild. Could be a good thing, (chemistry wise) moving forward with Granlund coming into the fold.

As far as trading partners........maybe Anahiem, NJ and TOR?

Mancini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:28 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini79 View Post
How about Tuomo Ruutu and Gleason? For what on our end though? And I agree with going after High End FA (Parise and Shea Weber would be my top 2 to go after)
Don't see why we'd trade significant assets for rentals. In the summer I guess I wouldn't be opposed to either(both seem headed to free agency), though Gleason's not the kind of d-man we should be targeting unless Schultz is moved and/or Scandella struggles down in Houston, both which I find unlikely to happen.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:40 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

If carolina is getting rid of Gleason I don't think they'd take Schultz. Gleason would rank where on our D? If he didn't pan out, we're off the hook after the season. Ruutu same thing. Can be a pest, should be able to put up points. It would get cullen off the books and and clear up a center spot at the very least. Depending on interest, he would make a great flex player if our young prospects weren't quite ready for top six minutes. Better than Clutterbuck I'd have to guess.

Old
01-16-2012, 08:48 PM
saywut

Quote:
If carolina is getting rid of Gleason I don't think they'd take Schultz. Gleason would rank where on our D? If he didn't pan out, we're off the hook after the season. Ruutu same thing. Can be a pest, should be able to put up points. It would get cullen off the books and and clear up a center spot at the very least. Depending on interest, he would make a great flex player if our young prospects weren't quite ready for top six minutes. Better than Clutterbuck I'd have to guess.
I don't think Carolina wants any salary/veteran players back. They're a cap-floor team and not in playoff contention.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:04 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
I don't think Carolina wants any salary/veteran players back. They're a cap-floor team and not in playoff contention.
i don't think so either. Those would be the only guys I'd be willing to give up though. I'm sure they'd want prospects and picks, but i'm not keen on throwing them out there unless we get a good deal (someone's $ coming off the books being a major selling point). If their a floor team though...could they get rid of a couple middish contracts and take in a larger one just to keep them above the floor next year?

Old
01-17-2012, 02:37 AM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState
Malone wouldn't waive his NTC to come here but he's the type of guy I would be fine getting for the right price.
Why not? He lives here during the summer.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

As it looks right now I'd test who out of Hards and Backs would get the better return, and we all know it would be Hards, so I would trade Hards, for possibly a pick or some D / d prospect, try moving Zanon and Schultz for... ****-all and then Rotate between Backs and Hacks until Hackett is ready to take the starting job.
Can't this season end already

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote