HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Please, can we just trade Price before making the mistake to give him 7 m$ per year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2012, 11:45 AM
  #1
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Please, can we just trade Price before making the mistake to give him 7 m$ per year?

Price with a right contract worth every penny, but at 7 million$ ? no thank. Its not because Nashville made the mistake to give 7 000 000$ to Rhinne that we need to follow.

Last 4 years:
With price in goal the Canadiens is 133-92-32 (1.16 point per game)
Without Price 52-37-7 (1.16 point per game)(with Halak, Auld and Budaj)

In the last 4 year we had as much success with our backup than price. Yes i agree that backup face lesser opposition, i agree its easier to be backup, i agree price didnt reach his peak yet....But my point is, without price, its not that bad.

So if the rumor Price want 7 millions $ is true, then i think we should trade him..(and then sign an UFA like Huet, or Vokoun, or Nabokov, or Elliot, or Harding as a cheaper contract).

So my question is: What would you give for price, if you are aware he want 7 million per season?

Fans of other team, i am

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:51 AM
  #2
Sarcastic
Registered User
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Last 4 years:
With price in goal the Canadiens is 133-92-32 (1.16 point per game)
Without Price 52-37-7 (1.16 point per game)(with Halak, Auld and Budaj)

In the last 4 year we had as much success with our backup than price. Yes i agree that backup face lesser opposition, i agree its easier to be backup, i agree price didnt reach his peak yet....But my point is, without price, its not that bad.
That has got to be the most unconvincing argument for not giving Price $7 million.

Give him the money, he's worth it.

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:52 AM
  #3
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,665
vCash: 500
Teams that would be interested (I think)

- Tampa Bay
- New York Islanders
- Columbus
- Edmonton
- Chicago (?)
- Toronto (?)

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:54 AM
  #4
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
im not sure these team have the cap or budget.

for example, Chicago should substract 7 000 000$ to the cap

So which one you cut to make place for price?
Same deal with toronto

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
  #5
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,629
vCash: 500
well Ottawa, can offer you Anderson and their 2nd... I dont want to include the first cause we have Lehner already and we can fetch a better 2nd for him than our own...

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
  #6
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
That has got to be the most unconvincing argument for not giving Price $7 million.

Give him the money, he's worth it.
A player should be paid more $ for the difference they make over lesser pay players.

I agree price is better than the average goalie, so therefore should be paid more. But 7 000 000$ ? I would rather have Theodore or Biron at 1 500 000$

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:00 PM
  #7
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
well Ottawa, can offer you Anderson and their 2nd... I dont want to include the first cause we have Lehner already and we can fetch a better 2nd for him than our own...
I would not want a goalie back for price.. i think we can find plenty of UFA goalie next summer.

I will trade price to the highest bidder not including a goalie in their proposal

Lets the auction begin

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:01 PM
  #8
vezna*
Canada's Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 500
so that rumour was true?

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:01 PM
  #9
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Price with a right contract worth every penny, but at 7 million$ ? no thank. Its not because Nashville made the mistake to give 7 000 000$ to Rhinne that we need to follow.

Last 4 years:
With price in goal the Canadiens is 133-92-32 (1.16 point per game)
Without Price 52-37-7 (1.16 point per game)(with Halak, Auld and Budaj)

In the last 4 year we had as much success with our backup than price. Yes i agree that backup face lesser opposition, i agree its easier to be backup, i agree price didnt reach his peak yet....But my point is, without price, its not that bad.

So if the rumor Price want 7 millions $ is true, then i think we should trade him..(and then sign an UFA like Huet, or Vokoun, or Nabokov, or Elliot, or Harding as a cheaper contract).

So my question is: What would you give for price, if you are aware he want 7 million per season?

Fans of other team, i am
I think you have a big issue with any team really spending much money on a goalies period, and you give a lot of good points in showing stats of goalies that can produce good numbers, Theordore,Elliot, etc for very cheap. But I think the question is can those numbers be expected year in year out. Do you know that Theodore or Elliot is going to constantly good?

At the end of day I think Price is going to get a 8 year deal at 48M, 6M per. Which is fair.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
  #10
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
so that rumour was true?
Nah, there was tweet, that Price agent said there was no such offer.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:03 PM
  #11
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 500
All this for a rumor from a website that has no credibility what so ever...ahhh welcome to Montreal.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
  #12
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Nah, there was tweet, that Price agent said there was no such offer.
Glad to hear that.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
  #13
Walkenthewalk
Registered User
 
Walkenthewalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
This is crazy, why move him? Price is Montreal's best and most important player by far.

Walkenthewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:05 PM
  #14
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
That has got to be the most unconvincing argument for not giving Price $7 million.

Give him the money, he's worth it.
Your username says it all.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
  #15
Sarcastic
Registered User
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
A player should be paid more $ for the difference they make over lesser pay players.

I agree price is better than the average goalie, so therefore should be paid more. But 7 000 000$ ? I would rather have Theodore or Biron at 1 500 000$
So you have a franchise-like goalie (TBD still IMO) who hasn't hit his peak and you're scared to give him franchise money and would prefer to pay a goalie less money but at much less reliable performance?

You have a sure thing, you take that sure thing instead of taking the gamble especially if your team structure allows you to do so.

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
  #16
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Ottawa doesn't have their 2nd.

Toronto signs and trades Pascal Leclair + Montreal Native Matthew Lombardi for Carey Price.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:07 PM
  #17
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,401
vCash: 500
Flyers will give you Bryz worth 5.6 a year for Carey Price! I would take Carey Price at 18 million a year right now over Bryz(I know this isn't possible). I will even throw in a first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth round draft picks from this year Accept that deal! We keep the 7th so we can draft another goon, can't have to many of them in the Flyers system of course

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
  #18
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I think you have a big issue with any team really spending much money on a goalies period, and you give a lot of good points in showing stats of goalies that can produce good numbers, Theordore,Elliot, etc for very cheap. But I think the question is can those numbers be expected year in year out. Do you know that Theodore or Elliot is going to constantly good?


At the end of day I think Price is going to get a 8 year deal at 48M, 6M per. Which is fair.
This is a very good question.

Theodore was Consistent through his career.

Elliot? He is still young we can wait before judging. Price showed inconsistency as well.

Of course we should not expect a 1 500 000$ goalie to do a 7 000 000$ goalie job. but i think the 5 500 000$ additional player will make up for it

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
  #19
Jahodac
Registered User
 
Jahodac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
The Avs might be interested. It worked out great last time

Jahodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:10 PM
  #20
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
So you have a franchise-like goalie (TBD still IMO) who hasn't hit his peak and you're scared to give him franchise money and would prefer to pay a goalie less money but at much less reliable performance?

You have a sure thing, you take that sure thing instead of taking the gamble especially if your team structure allows you to do so.
the way Flyers went with a sure thing with Bryzgalov? the way Chicago had a sure thing in Huet?
the way Roloson was a sure bet for Tampa bay?

Price at 7 000 000$ is a bigger gamble than a Theodore at 1 500 000$

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:10 PM
  #21
UFancyHuh
Registered User
 
UFancyHuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lost
Posts: 10,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I would not want a goalie back for price.. i think we can find plenty of UFA goalie next summer.

I will trade price to the highest bidder not including a goalie in their proposal

Lets the auction begin
PG is that you?

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
  #22
Sticky
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
 
Sticky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Medicine Hat,Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Trading Price would be the worst thing that montreal could ever do.

Build around Price!

Price is the one thing that montreal has going for them!

But whatever Trade him, That whole organization is going into the gutter

Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
  #23
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahodac View Post
The Avs might be interested. It worked out great last time
you mean with Theodore?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
  #24
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
So you have a franchise-like goalie (TBD still IMO) who hasn't hit his peak and you're scared to give him franchise money and would prefer to pay a goalie less money but at much less reliable performance?

You have a sure thing, you take that sure thing instead of taking the gamble especially if your team structure allows you to do so.
He might be with the wrong team, because at the rate he's going he will never hit his "peak".

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
  #25
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
If he's looking for 7 million per year, as an Oiler fan I'd hope we wouldn't make the move for him. Its just too much for a goalie, especially when we have RNH, Hall and Eberle playing like they will get superstar salaries very soon, and still have a couple of albatross contracts to deal with.

So unless there is a way to get Price while moving Horcoff to you guys, I'll say that I hope we pass. We need a goalie, but not a 7 million dollar goalie.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.