HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2016, 06:53 PM
  #1
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,870
vCash: 50
Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade - Part II

Continued from: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2129023

Some previous posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus23 View Post
Value always changes with markets. Seems defence is at high for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffh View Post
I don't understand if he is calling these gm's everyday looking to trade trouba how does saying i see him in our long term future in the press increase his leverage with the gm's. regardless 6 months, the draft,free agency his game plan is to force trouba to sign on dec1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
And if that fails, you claim that he hasn't entertained the idea to trade Trouba?

That's my point. If Chevy hasn't even thought about trading Trouba, he's not exploring all his options, and he should step down as a GM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
Well we do know that he waited it out with Kane. I think he hopes these guys change their minds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Wasn't it reported earlier that every inquiry for Trouba has Chevy asking for a comparable age/talent LHD? Chevy's asking price remains high as it should.
Overhardt can go suck an egg. *******.

YWGinYYZ is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 06:58 PM
  #2
BrianFromAIH
Long Time Lurker
 
BrianFromAIH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Warren, OH, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Here's the Werenski in a Jets jersey request from the first thread.

[IMG][/IMG]

BrianFromAIH is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 06:59 PM
  #3
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,870
vCash: 50
That's a spotless Photoshop. So lifelike and realistic.



YWGinYYZ is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 06:59 PM
  #4
AnonoJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Speculation just for fun. That FP article causes me to think the following.

1. Overhart is full of crap - this is absolutely about money. He is throwing a negotiation tantrum, because Chevy has refused to give them the number they want.

2. If you really want to be traded, you don't lower your value and the Jet's ability to get a fair return by going public. This stunt makes it HARDER to trade Trouba, not easier.

3. So the real play here from the Trouba side is, "pay me more, cause now you have no real alternative". Which might get them a little more cash, or it could very well lead to Trouba rotting with a non-existent pay cheque for a while.

4. So sometime before December, Trouba signs with the Jets. Likely after the Jets stay stubborn long enough, to tell everyone else to not try this tactic again.

And many pixels get wasted on speculating on a trade that will never happen.

AnonoJet is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:00 PM
  #5
ComplexChris
#RideTheLAINE
 
ComplexChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lainepeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFromAIH View Post
Here's the Werenski in a Jets jersey request from the first thread.

[IMG][/IMG]
Gawddamit Brian

ComplexChris is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:04 PM
  #6
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"
 
Duke749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Woodstock, Georgia
Country: Scotland
Posts: 30,944
vCash: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFromAIH View Post
Here's the Werenski in a Jets jersey request from the first thread.

[IMG][/IMG]

Duke749 is online now  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:06 PM
  #7
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,870
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonoJet View Post
Speculation just for fun. That FP article causes me to think the following.

(Snip some good speculation)

And many pixels get wasted on speculating on a trade that will never happen.
Well thought out speculation. The classic "unstoppable force meets an immovable object" - Overhardt is probably frustrated, and chose the start of TC (when Trouba would not be allowed to report) to throw a tantrum.

I think it's going to backfire on him, but I do believe that Trouba will eventually be the casualty - can't see him continuing with the Jets even if this gets resolved. He'll get traded after signing.

YWGinYYZ is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:11 PM
  #8
Saidin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
How does Trouba compare fancy stat wise to some of the other big LH D?

Saidin is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:13 PM
  #9
Jetfaninflorida
Southernmost Jet Fan
 
Jetfaninflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 500
He can request a trade. No argument there. Whether he doesn't like the Peg for whatever reason, or he just doesn't fit in with his team mates, or he wants to play on his natural side - the real reason doesn't matter.

The Jets should just sit his ass out until there is a trade that makes sense for the Jets. Doesn't matter how long it takes. That's the consequence of requesting a trade and not reporting to training camp. Give Trouba a few months with no paycheck and watching Hockey Night In Canada while the world goes on without him, and he will realize what an idiot he and his agent is. Not that he will ever admit it.

Jetfaninflorida is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:18 PM
  #10
Xscout
Registered User
 
Xscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Zimbabwe
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfaninflorida View Post
He can request a trade. No argument there. Whether he doesn't like the Peg for whatever reason, or he just doesn't fit in with his team mates, or he wants to play on his natural side - the real reason doesn't matter.

The Jets should just sit his ass out until there is a trade that makes sense for the Jets. Doesn't matter how long it takes. That's the consequence of requesting a trade and not reporting to training camp. Give Trouba a few months with no paycheck and watching Hockey Night In Canada while the world goes on without him, and he will realize what an idiot he and his agent is. Not that he will ever admit it.
Longer he sits the less he is worth.
Bitterness approach doesn't work here

Xscout is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:20 PM
  #11
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 20,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfaninflorida View Post
He can request a trade. No argument there. Whether he doesn't like the Peg for whatever reason, or he just doesn't fit in with his team mates, or he wants to play on his natural side - the real reason doesn't matter.

The Jets should just sit his ass out until there is a trade that makes sense for the Jets. Doesn't matter how long it takes. That's the consequence of requesting a trade and not reporting to training camp. Give Trouba a few months with no paycheck and watching Hockey Night In Canada while the world goes on without him, and he will realize what an idiot he and his agent is. Not that he will ever admit it.
Obviously has to be weighed against his potentially losing value over time, but agreed. We're in no tremendous rush to trade him, and if he has to wait for a few months... Well, I can only speak for myself, but I sure miss those $200,000 biweekly paychecks that ps241 was talking about in the last thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAndreas View Post
Longer he sits the less he is worth.
Bitterness approach doesn't work here
I don't see that as a bitterness approach. It's a simple statement being made. The Jets don't need to trade him immediately if there is no good trade to be made immediately. If it takes a few months to work out a trade, so be it.

__________________
Team Dunderhead
Winner of the inaugural Romang Award 2014
Romang67 is online now  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:22 PM
  #12
wpgsilver
Moderator
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,789
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAndreas View Post
Longer he sits the less he is worth.
Bitterness approach doesn't work here
Not necessarily.
A team loses a top 4 RHD and all of a sudden his value goes up to that team.
It's tough to say how waiting will affect his value.

__________________
Team Jester
wpgsilver is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:23 PM
  #13
HPsauce
Registered User
 
HPsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAndreas View Post
Longer he sits the less he is worth.
Bitterness approach doesn't work here
Why is he worth less? It's not like he has an expiry date

HPsauce is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:27 PM
  #14
BrianFromAIH
Long Time Lurker
 
BrianFromAIH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Warren, OH, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saidin View Post
How does Trouba compare fancy stat wise to some of the other big LH D?
Going by some of the players mentioned in potential trades:

Fancy stat wise, he's far better than Nurse, Brodin, and Fowler.

Close to Reilly and Määttä.

Lindholm is better.

BrianFromAIH is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:27 PM
  #15
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfaninflorida View Post
He can request a trade. No argument there. Whether he doesn't like the Peg for whatever reason, or he just doesn't fit in with his team mates, or he wants to play on his natural side - the real reason doesn't matter.

The Jets should just sit his ass out until there is a trade that makes sense for the Jets. Doesn't matter how long it takes. That's the consequence of requesting a trade and not reporting to training camp. Give Trouba a few months with no paycheck and watching Hockey Night In Canada while the world goes on without him, and he will realize what an idiot he and his agent is. Not that he will ever admit it.
Or the Jets have many injuries on D, Trouba signs and plays, and the Jets get through a few rounds of the playoffs and all of a sudden he loves it here. Oh wait, that can't happen, oh wait it did, in Tampa with Drouin. But really Im just kidding around, his parents want his brand in the States, so lets trade him to somewhere in Canada
This will take a while.

puck stoppa is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:27 PM
  #16
MardyBum
Registered User
 
MardyBum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Not necessarily.
A team loses a top 4 RHD and all of a sudden his value goes up to that team.
It's tough to say how waiting will affect his value.
Or a team who leaves a spot open for a prospect (us with Morrissey for example) and that prospect can't handle it, opens up another spot.

I think it will take a few weeks into the season at the earliest for a trade to go through as teams see what they have at defense.

I can't imagine his value would be as good if we're still talking about this in February though.

MardyBum is online now  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:27 PM
  #17
jetdiehard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
A ot of RH defenceman play on the left side.
Wasn't one being the great Bobby Orr?

jetdiehard is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:29 PM
  #18
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Not necessarily.
A team loses a top 4 RHD and all of a sudden his value goes up to that team.
It's tough to say how waiting will affect his value.
I don't think his value will go down. Good players are always coveted. Much like Drouin tho, he won't get moved cause the asking price may be high (which it should be), not because there is no interest.

puck stoppa is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:30 PM
  #19
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAndreas View Post
Longer he sits the less he is worth.
Bitterness approach doesn't work here
Not to mention we gain nothing having him sit out. I'd rather trade him and get someone that can play.

Daximus is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:30 PM
  #20
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,692
vCash: 50
Please please please Chevy make him miss at least a few pay checks!!! I know it won't make any difference to him but it will make me feel better lol

SCP Guy is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:36 PM
  #21
Gotaf7
Registered User
 
Gotaf7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 50
Why would Chevy trade without first signing him to a contract? His value is way higher with even a 2 year bridge deal in place! Chevy won't blink.

Gotaf7 is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:38 PM
  #22
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdiehard View Post
A ot of RH defenceman play on the left side.
Wasn't one being the great Bobby Orr?
Things have changed significantly though. Teams are putting a lot more stock into playing guys on their handedness side these days. It's an advantage. I think any defencemen who is more of a rover, like Orr was, could probably very easily make do on either side.

Daximus is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:39 PM
  #23
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
Why would Chevy trade without first signing him to a contract? His value is way higher with even a 2 year bridge deal in place! Chevy won't blink.
My guess is any team that acquires him will likely have a deal worked out before hand. They are free to negotiate right now.

Daximus is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:39 PM
  #24
bumblebeeman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 335
vCash: 400
It could be a sign and trade, might be the best way for Chevy to get full value for him.

bumblebeeman is offline  
Old
09-25-2016, 07:51 PM
  #25
DiggerD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdiehard View Post
A ot of RH defenceman play on the left side.
Wasn't one being the great Bobby Orr?
Am I missing something? Orr was a LH d-man

DiggerD is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.