HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Is nash to the leafs possible

Old
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
Are you unaware that Ben and J-Lo are no longer together, as well?

Rick Nash isn't that valuable of an asset to part with in the first place. You probably wont be receiving a Norris nominee defense man for eight million, sixty point player. A gal can dream, though.
Gosh. It's almost as though we'd prefer not to trade him and would ask for an overpayment. Funny how that works.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Nashville should trade for Nash. Imagine the marketing potential for Nash in Nashville. Hell, might even get his own Facebook game.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Nashville should trade for Nash. Imagine the marketing potential for Nash in Nashville. Hell, might even get his own Facebook game.
Can Nashville afford Nash's deal til 2018 then Rinne's new deal PLUS Suter + Weber? That'll be almost $30 mil tied between 4 players....

EDIT: I say $30 mil because I'm posting the assumption that Suter and Weber both take the Rinne 7 X 7 deal.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Can Nashville afford Nash's deal til 2018 then Rinne's new deal PLUS Suter + Weber? That'll be almost $30 mil tied between 4 players....

EDIT: I say $30 mil because I'm posting the assumption that Suter and Weber both take the Rinne 7 X 7 deal.
Under such circumstances, we'd certainly ask for Suter back. So that wouldn't really be an issue.

Old
01-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Under such circumstances, we'd certainly ask for Suter back. So that wouldn't really be an issue.
Something along the lines of Watson + Blum/Josi/Ellis + Lindback + 2012 1st doesn't appeal to you?

Old
01-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Something along the lines of Watson + Blum/Josi/Ellis + Lindback + 2012 1st doesn't appeal to you?
With regards to Nash? No, I'd stick to Suter. As much as I like Josi's upside, Lindback's current skills, and the possibility of a 1st... no, I want the proven #1D. In terms of team needs, the only other players who perfectly represent what we need on the blueline as much as or more than Suter would be guys like Jay Bouwmeester and/or Marc Staal.

Old
01-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
With regards to Nash? No, I'd stick to Suter. As much as I like Josi's upside, Lindback's current skills, and the possibility of a 1st... no, I want the proven #1D. In terms of team needs, the only other players who perfectly represent what we need on the blueline as much as or more than Suter would be guys like Jay Bouwmeester and/or Marc Staal.
Fair enough. A clear cut #1D is a glaring hole on a lot of teams, so I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to address that need at the expense of Nash.

Old
01-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Stoneberg
Bored

No interest in Nash anymore from this Leafs fan. He's way overpayed for what he brings.

Stoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Geno View Post
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a Rick Nash fan and here's why...

1.) 7.8 million dollars for a guy who's career average 61 points?
2.) He's 6'4" 216 lbs. yet is about as soft as cotton and has a lazy reluctance to throw a single bodycheck at any point in his career.
3.) He doesn't make his teammates any better.
4.) He doesn't play defense and is notorious for floating at the blueline.
5.) He's one dimensional.

And it's because of these same reasons why I firmly believe nobody, the Leafs included, should overpay for Rick Nash.

Does that sound like the sort of player who would be worth paying 900k less then Sidney Crosby? Yeah. Didn't think so.

And as you can see I'm not the only one who feels this way about Nash.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree. And I'm glad you can find another person to agree with you. I am aware there are several more as well if you care to invite them to the party.

You don't like him. I get it. No harm done with that.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:54 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Nash has stated in the past that he has no interest in playing in a big market so you can pretty much exclude any Canadian market. Vancouver would be an incredible fit, along with many other teams, but I'd be looking at smaller markets here. Problem is how many small market teams are gonna shell out almost 8 mil/year for one player?
No, Nash has never said he doesn't want to play in a big market. What he has said, often and clearly, is that he likes playing in Columbus. That has frequently been interpreted by those who have their own agenda, as him not wanting the spotlight in Toronto, new York, etc. Not the same, at all.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:58 PM
NYjetsTOleafs
I'm Your Pushaaaa

Im sticking to the thought i originally posted. Nash is more than likely staying in cbj. Brassard or Umberger would go way before him i'd believe. Nash wouldn't get you a #1 shutdown D i'm sorry.

NYjetsTOleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Avec Fromage*

I don't think so. And I don't think he'll be traded to any team for that matter. He was greedy and wanted a contract he didn't deserve (and couldn't live up to). Columbus was stupid enough to give it to him. They're both going to have to live with that.

Avec Fromage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
Are you unaware that Ben and J-Lo are no longer together, as well?
Actually, Megan, I was unaware of that. I don't really find celebrities interesting, particularly actors and actresses. I find that the more I know about the person, the less convincing I find them in their movies.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote