HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

NHL Gamecenter Mid-Season Price Drop?

Old
01-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Drury_Sakic

vCash: 500
NHL Gamecenter Mid-Season Price Drop?

For the past few years I have either had center ice or game center. This season I did not have the funds to start at the beginning of the season and am now looking at signing up mid-season, but the price of 119 for what amounts to half the season is just too much when you compare it to the early bird pricing of what I believe was 159. ( I somewhat recall an early bird special of 119 when I signed up one season even)

For those who may have signed up mid-season in the past, does the NHL do a mid-season price drop, or do they follow the normal NHL path of marketing, math, and PR failures and not adjust pricing as the season goes along.

It really seems as though the NHL is missing the boat on potential additional subscribers by not knocking off a % of the price each month as the season ticks along.

Last edited by Drury_Sakic: 01-16-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

MLB.tv had a mid-season special last season where you could purchase it for mobile access only (eg. iPhone) for only $30. 30! That was an amazing price and MLB.tv is a pretty solid product too. For that price, watching on the small screen was no big deal. I wish the NHL would do something like that. The baseball guys probably figured it would pay for itself in subscriptions for the following year.

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Greyhounds

Far as I can recall, there has never been a great drop-off for mid-season purchase of Center Ice.

I don't think that's surprising, since that's when
a) the intensity picks up
b) football season ends, so less competition for sports

Greyhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:48 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Guessing the time is post-ASG, so you'll probably need to hang on to next month.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
I seems to remember a $69 stretch run, but that's not until March.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
very interesting that the monthly price was 19,95 USD at the beginning of the season and now we are at 23.95

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
CoyoteUgly

I dont remember the exact prices, but i know last year it dropped around this time, but then dropped again after Valentine's Day. The reason i know this is because i was pissed that it dropped another $20 the day after i ordered it so i fought my cable company and got them to give me $20 back

CoyoteUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

In prior years the mid-season Center Ice price was about 2/3 of the whole season price not including the early bird $20 discount.

But I stopped getting it when I got an HD TV and the games weren't in HD and look like crap on an HD TV.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote