HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boomer and Carton?

Old
05-27-2014, 02:00 PM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
Boomer and Carton?

anyone watch these guys, any thoughts

watched for the first time ever on cbs today, pretty fun stuff
them talking rangers

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:06 PM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
anyone watch these guys, any thoughts

watched for the first time ever on cbs today, pretty fun stuff
them talking rangers
I appreciate Boomer's effort and the fact that he is a true Ranger fan, but it is hard to stomach Carton after a while cause he turns everything into a joke. He obviously doesn't know much about hockey and tries to change the subject or make a joke about everything. Maybe now its a bit different cause the Rangers have gotten this far and he has no choice.
Still worth tuning into cause of Boomer I guess.

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:12 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Yep

I listened to Boomer and Carton every morning last summer, they're all funny guys, even Carton once you get used to him

I also met them in person and they're both really nice

Last edited by JohnC: 05-27-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Nope
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:28 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

I think it would be a good idea for them to hire a Rangers 'analyst' or talking head for every day on the show, or on days after NYR hockey games. They can set aside 15 straight minutes for hockey and NYR talk, without any of that bull**** going on in the background like that soundclip they always play "nobody cares about hockey, Boomer" or the new one "touch the cup, touch the cup, touch the cup".

And then, Boomer can continue trying to sprinkle it in to the show as he does.

On a side note though, I'm proud of the way they've been handling the hockey so far in the playoffs. I think it has more to do with the fact that the Rangers are the only NY team doing anything productive right now. I get to watch these guys from 6-7 most days, and I appreciate the effort.

I just think we, the viewers, would get more out of a dedicated 15 minute segment. But I know that's a lot to ask. Pipe dream, I guess.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:31 PM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I think it would be a good idea for them to hire a Rangers 'analyst' or talking head for every day on the show, or on days after NYR hockey games. They can set aside 15 straight minutes for hockey and NYR talk, without any of that bull**** going on in the background like that soundclip they always play "nobody cares about hockey, Boomer" or the new one "touch the cup, touch the cup, touch the cup".

On a side note though, I'm proud of the way they've been handling the hockey so far in the playoffs. I think it has more to do with the fact that the Rangers are the only NY team doing anything productive right now. I get to watch these guys from 6-7 most days, and I appreciate the effort.

I just think we, the viewers, would get more out of a dedicated 15 minute segment. But I know that's a lot to ask. Pipe dream, I guess.
Good point I'm surprised they don't have an analyst on a regular basis.

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Pugs35

I don't really care for either of them to be honest, but the show can be entertaining.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:58 PM
thesnake

I love B&C. I have even stopped listening to Howard in the mornings now and just catch him on the drive home so I can listen to B&C.

If you are expecting deep hockey analysis or a serious sports show you are in the wrong place. Its a sports themed entertainment/morning drive show and they are good at what they do.

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:

No way, the intended audience is mostly morning commuters over a four hour period. They often have interviews with people who give you that analysis anyway. Also, Carton actually makes an effort to get hockey and he comes into it with respectable humility about the limitations of what he knows in the area unlike the pope.

Kel Varnsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:27 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
I refuse to deal with Carton's crap. The NHL's XM channel does it just fine for me, especially now that the Rangers are among the few teams left.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:38 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
I appreciate Boomer and Carton, because they at least acknowledge that hockey exists. That's a bit of a rarity outside of NHL-themed stations and programs.

And Boomer, while kind of a dolt, is a big Rangers fan. So I can't knock him too much.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:41 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I appreciate Boomer and Carton, because they at least acknowledge that hockey exists. That's a bit of a rarity outside of NHL-themed stations and programs.

And Boomer, while kind of a dolt, is a big Rangers fan. So I can't knock him too much.
Don La Greca on ESPN radio

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i would punch Carton right in the face if i ever met him. i seriously can not stand him. its like listening to someone scratching a chalkboard. immature and imbecilic.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:47 PM
rangers5000

ya i listened to them a bit this morning, first time ever
pretty funny stuff, they talked about the rangers quite a bit

tim and sid are ok to up here in canada, but these guys are better imo

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:57 PM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

In "real life", Boomer is far from a dolt. Actually quite intelligent. Can't speak for Carton, though.

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post
In "real life", Boomer is far from a dolt. Actually quite intelligent. Can't speak for Carton, though.
I figured as much. It's mainly just the tone of his voice and his overall on-air/camera demeanor...just seems goofy.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:01 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
i would punch Carton right in the face if i ever met him. i seriously can not stand him. its like listening to someone scratching a chalkboard. immature and imbecilic.
I've had a business meeting with Carton, he doesn't sound like a complete tool as most people think he sounds like on the radio

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:38 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Carton is one of the most annoying radio personalities in human history.

He's worse than Michael Kay, although he's different kind of ****** bag.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
I've had a business meeting with Carton, he doesn't sound like a complete tool as most people think he sounds like on the radio
lemme know the next time you have a meeting...i'd love to join....and punch him in the face.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:20 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
lemme know the next time you have a meeting...i'd love to join....and punch him in the face.
From what I've heard, and again, what I've heard, is that their on-air personalities are the opposite of who they really are. In that Boomer is more of an easily hated person (want to use nice phrasing here) in real life, and Carton is a down-to-earth kind of guy.

You sound like you've had some personal experience with them though, and I have not. So again, just what I've heard.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:57 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
From what I've heard, and again, what I've heard, is that their on-air personalities are the opposite of who they really are. In that Boomer is more of an easily hated person (want to use nice phrasing here) in real life, and Carton is a down-to-earth kind of guy.

You sound like you've had some personal experience with them though, and I have not. So again, just what I've heard.
I would believe this in a second. Boomer seems like a real tool. I tried to like him because he's a Rangers fan but I can't do it. The worst part for me is that he seems to think he speaks for all of us with his views on things, when really he's the last guy I'd want representing my favorite team.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 06:13 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Again, Carton is a real chill guy and actually not the type of on-air personality you see...Would not surprise me that Boomer is worse with that CBS ego and hot shot attitude

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 06:32 PM
M0rbid

Carton is a Russo wannabe.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 06:43 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

I like Boomer. I can't stand Carton.

Carton is a buffoon when it comes to hockey talk. Maybe he's talking it up now but anyone remember 2012? When he was just agitating Boomer by saying the Devils are just flat out better, or the best line yet, "no one cares for hockey?"

I have no problem with him being a Jets fan, but it pains him to always admit when the Giants have a good season or they are close to the cusp of a Super Bowl victory. He ended up walking the Brooklyn Bridge in a speedo for his ignorance..and that same ignorance should have been the end of his radio days. Anyone remember that he felt so confident that the Giants wouldn't win against the Patriots again that he bet that if they would win, he'd quit?

Yeah..he only didn't come into work the following Monday.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post

You can like one guy and not like the other, but Carton is way more intelligent than Russo. And that's not high praise for Carton either, a regular pet dog is smarter than Russo. True story.

Kel Varnsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 06:58 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
I always thought he was a Howard Stern wanna be, he's usually aiming to be a shock jock

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote