HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban & Plekanec

Old
01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
zzoo

vCash: 500
Subban & Plekanec

The aspect that I hate the most from Subban and Plekanec is the penalties. They take way too much penalties. Subban is more understanding than Plekanec because he's a defenseman.

1. Subban: 51 min (1 major)
2. Plekanec: 40 min (0 major, all of them are minor)
3. Moen: 36 min (2 major and 1 game misconduct that inflate the minutes)

Cole: 18 min
Kostitsyn, Cammalleri: 10 min

Plekanec has taken 4 times more penalties than Kostitsyn or Cammalleri !!! And Plekanec rarely has fighting and roughing penalties that are normally cancelled out when the opposing player is also penalized.

On the penalty aspect, I really hate Subban, and particularly Plekanec.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Price My Man Crush

"Subban is more understanding than Plekanec because he's a defenseman."

The only fact that Subban is playing a physical game is more understanding.

Price My Man Crush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:48 PM
EmelinHipCheck

Subban is a sophomore, plays 23 mins a game, arguably the #1 D-man on his team and is 23. Chill out.

EmelinHipCheck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
The aspect that I hate the most from Subban and Plekanec is the penalties. They take way too much penalties. Subban is more understanding than Plekanec because he's a defenseman.

1. Subban: 51 min (1 major)
2. Plekanec: 40 min (0 major, all of them are minor)
3. Moen: 36 min (2 major and 1 game misconduct that inflate the minutes)

Cole: 18 min
Kostitsyn, Cammalleri: 10 min

Plekanec has taken 4 times more penalties than Kostitsyn or Cammalleri !!! And Plekanec rarely has fighting and roughing penalties that are normally cancelled out when the opposing player is also penalized.

On the penalty aspect, I really hate Subban, and particularly Plekanec.

Wait till Bourque plays...
He got 41 so far ...on pace for 82

Had 88 pim in 2009- 10....

You hate Subban and Pleky? add Bourque in there now too...lol

It's not our penalty killin that is bad...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
holyhabs87

This is a deviation from the norm for Pleky. It has more to do with frustration imo.

Subban lacked discipline last year too. It is more serious in his case. He needs to cut down on the penalties.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:51 PM
MTL-rules

Both are playing 20+min a game...

Plekanec is also 4 times more involved in the game that both Kostitsyn and Cammaleri...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:53 PM
schumway2

Plekanec has played like horse crap this year. For some reason he evades criticism while everyone else gets lambasted in the media. He's been a complete puss out there on the ice.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:55 PM
SB164

Pleks is a pretty chippy player. I think he's almost notorious for using his stick all the time. I'm sure most of them are tripping and slashing penalties.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Plekanec has played like horse crap this year. For some reason he evades criticism while everyone else gets lambasted in the media. He's been a complete puss out there on the ice.
he is on pace for 60 pts ...what do you want from the guy?

This season has been a mind bender for alot of players....Martin scars run deep still

He is the least of our problems

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:57 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Both play against top players, play huge minutes and both play chippy. Even Henrik Sedin has 38 PIM from all minor penalties, if our PK sucked then it'd be a big deal but one of the only things this team is good at is actually killing penalties.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:57 PM
habtastic

The penalties that get called on Plekanec are never the result of laziness or selfishness. They are some freaky stick being lifted and clipping someone. He rarely hooks and holds anyone. The penalty yesterday, how nonsensical was that. He got a penalty on his own breakout! The bleeding didn't help. I have yet to remember a penalty on Pleks where he made a stupid mistake. Do you remember the penalty to Patches yesterday. What a crock. This league is a joke when you look at some of the calls against us. Pleky has a very active stick. People tend to trip on it a lot. It's one of the penalties I wish they would call less of, i.e. a player skating onto a stick and falling.

Subban's penalties are the result of some of the same + he has to tie up guys on the boards, plus again, the sticks to the faces of the soccer players we play against. What a non call on Weber getting one to the face just before we got penalized for the same.

Next time, Plekanec should not try to protect the puck on a partial breakaway. Just let it get stripped.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
The penalties that get called on Plekanec are never the result of laziness or selfishness. They are some freaky stick being lifted and clipping someone. He rarely hooks and holds anyone. The penalty yesterday, how nonsensical was that. He got a penalty on his own breakout! The bleeding didn't help. I have yet to remember a penalty on Pleks where he made a stupid mistake. Do you remember the penalty to Patches yesterday. What a crock. This league is a joke when you look at some of the calls against us. Pleky has a very active stick. People tend to trip on it a lot. It's one of the penalties I wish they would call less of, i.e. a player skating onto a stick and falling.

Subban's penalties are the result of some of the same + he has to tie up guys on the boards, plus again, the sticks to the faces of the soccer players we play against. What a non call on Weber getting one to the face just before we got penalized for the same.

Next time, Plekanec should not try to protect the puck on a partial breakaway. Just let it get stripped.
Agreed. The reason Pleks gets as many penalties as he does is (as MTL-rules mentions) because he's so involved in the play at all times. First one to break out into their zone, first one backchecking into our zone. He creates so many turnovers in our favour by constantly dogging the opposition it's no wonder he gets called every now and then.

Three short-handed breakaways in the last two games, one of them a goal. So yeah, I do cut him some slack. He's earned it.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:27 PM
The Doors

Quote:
I think it has a last to do with frustration of losing and didn't they say he also just has a new born baby? Probably gets some pretty ****** sleep around the Plekanec household... next year will be better

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
I think it has a last to do with frustration of losing and didn't they say he also just has a new born baby? Probably gets some pretty ****** sleep around the Plekanec household... next year will be better
Not to mention, Eller and DD Have had more stable line mates.
Plek has been given the struggling players all year.

As for the penalties, most of them are high stick and that has got to bethe dumbest rule in hockey.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Ugh! An injury to him would make the team even weaker than it is. Plekanec was by far the most involved Hab in the Ottawa game.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Have you read this forum at all this season? You aren't the only one trying to drive our best forward out of town.

Plekanec takes a lot of dumb penalties but that tends to happen when you are expected to do everything and having a mediocre year with even worse wingers supporting you. He plays big minutes in every situation, of course he's going to get penalties.

Even if both him and Subban are having off years, they are the least of our problems.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Even with all the penalties Subban takes, he's still good enough to play penalty kill.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Young Gun

I give him criticism on times because of the fact he was given a big fat increase in pay last year and, like a lot of players , don't want to earn it on some nights. Just going though the motions don't cut it when the game is on the line and fans are paying good money to watch you play.

If he wants to continue being lazy and take stupid penalties, that outbound bus leaves town everyday!!

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
I give him criticism on times because of the fact he was given a big fat increase in pay last year and, like a lot of players , don't want to earn it on some nights. Just going though the motions don't cut it when the game is on the line and fans are paying good money to watch you play.

If he wants to continue being lazy and take stupid penalties, that outbound bus leaves town everyday!!
Plekanec lazy? I'm confused.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Not many players are having a good season for montreal. But if we want to pick on plekanec, lets be fair and talk about subban too. He has been awful. His passes aren't crisp, his rushes lead to a dead end, and his shots get hopelessly blocked on the PP.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:51 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Not many players are having a good season for montreal. But if we want to pick on plekanec, lets be fair and talk about subban too. He has been awful. His passes aren't crisp, his rushes lead to a dead end, and his shots get hopelessly blocked on the PP.
For sure. He's been bad. My point is Plekanec rarely gets criticized just cause he leads the team in scoring (nothing to be proud of on this team) and this notion that he's good defensively so it's ok if he doesn't provide a lot of offence.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:51 PM
zzoo

I'm not sold on the fact that Plek is so involved in the plays, so he takes more penalties (40 min). How about Cole who plays rougher (18 min) or Gorges (28 min), they are as involved as Plek, no ?

18 minor penalties are a lot. The closest forwards are Pacioretty and Eller with 13 minor penalties.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I'm not sold on the fact that Plek is so involved in the plays, so he takes more penalties (40 min). How about Cole who plays rougher (18 min) or Gorges (28 min), they are as involved as Plek, no ?

18 minor penalties are a lot. The closest forwards are Pacioretty and Eller with 13 minor penalties.
Well he's taken too many, yes. But I do think it's inevitable that Plekanec get an above average amount of minor penalties because of how much he does and the way he plays. He uses his stick like crazy.

And Cole isn't nearly as involved defensively as Pleks is. And there's a reason Gorges is our most fundamentally sound defensive player.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:58 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post

wait...are you calling Plekanec lazy? You do know he scored on a similar play right? If you play hockey, surely you will know that when you are stick checking, that happens (btw, it was Smith who was aggressing Plekanec this time).

please upload a video of a stupid penalty he has taken due to his laziness. Was Gorges lazy for the over the glass penalty? Do you want him on that bus too?

We bleed bleu, blanc, rouge. The Sens seem to just bleed.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:03 PM
FranksterQc

It's easy to get few penalties when you float around and lose every single battle for the puck a la cammalleri.

FranksterQc is offline   Reply With Quote