HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shero Interview on Madden

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  #1
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,852
vCash: 500
Shero Interview on Madden

(Currently on now)

Said he doesn't foresee any circumstance this season moving Morrow, Despres, Harrington, or Bennett at the trade deadline. (Glad to see him get this out of the way now based on some of the requests on the main trade board).

Discussing the players meeting now. Shero said his information (from the players) is that the players didn't have a meeting to discuss the captaincy.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:51 PM
  #2
fragmag
Registered User
 
fragmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
(Currently on now)

Said he doesn't foresee any circumstance this season moving Morrow, Despres, Harrington, or Bennett at the trade deadline. (Glad to see him get this out of the way now based on some of the requests on the main trade board).

Discussing the players meeting now. Shero said his information (from the players) is that the players didn't have a meeting to discuss the captaincy.
Man this players meeting really has taken on a life of it's own.

I missed the interview, but did Shero mention anything about making any moves before the deadline?

fragmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
  #3
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmag View Post
Man this players meeting really has taken on a life of it's own.

I missed the interview, but did Shero mention anything about making any moves before the deadline?
He said the deadline was February 27th and it's too soon to evaluate moves. Needs to see where the team will be at in the standings in the next few weeks. Seemed kinda hesitant to answer though. He stumbled a bit.

When he was mentioning young players he won't move, I thought it was telling that he didn't include Tangradi in the list.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
  #4
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 20,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
(Currently on now)

Said he doesn't foresee any circumstance this season moving Morrow, Despres, Harrington, or Bennett at the trade deadline. (Glad to see him get this out of the way now based on some of the requests on the main trade board).

Discussing the players meeting now. Shero said his information (from the players) is that the players didn't have a meeting to discuss the captaincy.
Intriguing Tangradi wasn't mentioned in that group. I'd definitely say he's our main piece. Pair him with some salary going the other way.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
  #5
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,852
vCash: 500
Also said Letang will start skating with the team tomorrow.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
  #6
shureshot66
Global Moderator
 
shureshot66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmag View Post
Man this players meeting really has taken on a life of it's own.

I missed the interview, but did Shero mention anything about making any moves before the deadline?
Yup. Said they had been mapping things out with the pro scouts the past few days. The tricky part, he said, is setting up different plans of attack depending on who all is healthy and when because of cap purposes.

As mentioned in other threads, one of those injured guys (Letang) is set to return to practice tomorrow.

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
  #7
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmag View Post
Man this players meeting really has taken on a life of it's own.
He also said he couldn't foresee the players on this team having a meeting like this. He said all of them know this is Sid's team.

Shero made a lot of good points. Said he talked to Dejan for 45 minutes over the weekend and had a good conversation with him. I'm wondering if some players didn't just feel like pulling Dejan's leg on this in sarcasm since the team was in a slump. Then again, why all the information and Sid skating right after the article?

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:04 PM
  #8
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Intriguing Tangradi wasn't mentioned in that group. I'd definitely say he's our main piece. Pair him with some salary going the other way.
I remember a few years ago when Shero was discussing the core of the team and omitted Ryan Whitney's name. Soon after, Whitney was dealt to Anaheim

When he was discussing the young players, I kinda had that same feeling that he doesn't think much of Tangradi so far and would move him in a deal.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
  #9
fragmag
Registered User
 
fragmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
He said the deadline was February 27th and it's too soon to evaluate moves. Needs to see where the team will be at in the standings in the next few weeks. Seemed kinda hesitant to answer though. He stumbled a bit.

When he was mentioning young players he won't move, I thought it was telling that he didn't include Tangradi in the list.
Thanks, tuned in to late to hear it.

fragmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:08 PM
  #10
fragmag
Registered User
 
fragmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
He also said he couldn't foresee the players on this team having a meeting like this. He said all of them know this is Sid's team.

Shero made a lot of good points. Said he talked to Dejan for 45 minutes over the weekend and had a good conversation with him. I'm wondering if some players didn't just feel like pulling Dejan's leg on this in sarcasm since the team was in a slump. Then again, why all the information and Sid skating right after the article?
You have to believe the players in this mess I guess, but it's confusing and without any clear facts other than what you can read for yourself, it's hard to really know what is going on. Right?

fragmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:21 PM
  #11
Uncle Jorgi
Registered User
 
Uncle Jorgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cranberry Twp, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I remember a few years ago when Shero was discussing the core of the team and omitted Ryan Whitney's name. Soon after, Whitney was dealt to Anaheim

When he was discussing the young players, I kinda had that same feeling that he doesn't think much of Tangradi so far and would move him in a deal.
Thanks for the updates, Jules.

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:47 PM
  #12
Erz8771
Registered User
 
Erz8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: T.Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Also said Letang will start skating with the team tomorrow.
Great news. Cant wait to see him back in the line up. Hopefully its soon.

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:50 PM
  #13
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal
 
SCUDeriMISSILE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,170
vCash: 500
Said that Letang is fully cleared and can play very soon, but not Tuesday.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
  #14
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Maybe it's just me but I'd rather trade Scott Harrington than either Tangradi or the 2012 or 2013 first round pick. Based on team needs going forward.

I also think Harrington has as much value right now as he may ever have.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
  #15
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 20,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I'd rather trade Scott Harrington than either Tangradi or the 2012 or 2013 first round pick. Based on team needs going forward.

I also think Harrington has as much value right now as he may ever have.
I have a feeling they're holding onto all of their depth on D b/c they'll be moving one of the top 4 in the next couple years.

Any added value Harrington has with his performance at the WJC is going to be outweighed by how management feels about him. Especially with how well he played at camp. His game is going to translate very well to the NHL imo.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
  #16
DegenX
#FireMorehouse
 
DegenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Intriguing Tangradi wasn't mentioned in that group. I'd definitely say he's our main piece. Pair him with some salary going the other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I remember a few years ago when Shero was discussing the core of the team and omitted Ryan Whitney's name. Soon after, Whitney was dealt to Anaheim

When he was discussing the young players, I kinda had that same feeling that he doesn't think much of Tangradi so far and would move him in a deal.
I've kind of wondered if Tangradi has been being showcased, mostly because they've scratched Vitale and kept him up. Then again, I've tried not to read too much into it.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:34 PM
  #17
MrBurghundy
Relax
 
MrBurghundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 19,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeganX View Post
I've kind of wondered if Tangradi has been being showcased, mostly because they've scratched Vitale and kept him up. Then again, I've tried not to read too much into it.
Hard to be showcased on the 4th line, but at least he's playing well and making things happen on almost every shift he's out there.

MrBurghundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:40 PM
  #18
Hottubber
Registered User
 
Hottubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 500
I just think that if the Pens were looking for a prospect to trade for, a guy like Tangradi would be someone I think they would target. A bigger body, decent hands, isnt slow, and plays decently physical.

It would depend on who we are targeting and what the other team wants, but i would much rather give up a d prospect (harrington, bortuzzo, strait). The last 2 are going to have to go thru waivers next year and there definitely wont b room for both on the pens roster. We are extremely thin up front on prospects and need to trade from our depth on the back end.

Tangradi isnt wowing anyone but his play looks much better along with his effort

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:41 PM
  #19
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 20,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeganX View Post
I've kind of wondered if Tangradi has been being showcased, mostly because they've scratched Vitale and kept him up. Then again, I've tried not to read too much into it.
I think they're just giving him a shot to show what he has. He's an NHL player.

Tangradi+salary for Ruutu makes sense for both sides. I honestly hope TK turns it up the next month so Shero has a tough decision to make. Use him in a top 6 role with a healthy lineup or move him for a rental.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:46 PM
  #20
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,612
vCash: 500
No way I'd trade any of Harrington, Morrow or Despres for anyone other than an established, top line winger who's already signed to a few years. I don't give a **** if we make the playoffs, I don't want any of those guys traded for a rental.

The prospect of having 3, or even 4 of our top 6 defenseman a couple years down the road signed to their entry level deals is too enticing, considering the amount of money it will free up for forwards.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
  #21
DegenX
#FireMorehouse
 
DegenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Hard to be showcased on the 4th line, but at least he's playing well and making things happen on almost every shift he's out there.
Showcased in the sense of being displayed to show his better qualities/value. But, like I said, not reading into it too much.

Also, for anyone who would like to give it a listen, here's a link to the interview:
http://www.1059thex.com/player/?stat...l&mid=21733161

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:54 PM
  #22
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 18,277
vCash: 500
I caught the end of the Rossi interview on Madden about an hour ago....

Madden said he knows for a fact there was a meeting and Rossi wouldn't deny it either...

Commence with the fat jokes...

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
  #23
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 20,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
No way I'd trade any of Harrington, Morrow or Despres for anyone other than an established, top line winger who's already signed to a few years. I don't give a **** if we make the playoffs, I don't want any of those guys traded for a rental.

The prospect of having 3, or even 4 of our top 6 defenseman a couple years down the road signed to their entry level deals is too enticing, considering the amount of money it will free up for forwards.
Those three guys are going to have very different paths to the NHL imo. Despres is ready right now. Morrow will have at least a full season at WBS to get top minutes and be groomed to be the PP specialist we need. Harrington, I believe, has another year at junior.

All three have 2 more years following this season on their ELCs. So I doubt we see all three of them here by then.

But we'll certainly have some cap savings in the coming years when we start using our depth in the organization.


As for your comment on the postseason. I agree, we shouldn't be moving any of those three for a rental. Selanne aside.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:04 PM
  #24
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
No way I'd trade any of Harrington, Morrow or Despres for anyone other than an established, top line winger who's already signed to a few years. I don't give a **** if we make the playoffs, I don't want any of those guys traded for a rental.

The prospect of having 3, or even 4 of our top 6 defenseman a couple years down the road signed to their entry level deals is too enticing, considering the amount of money it will free up for forwards.
Yeah, I never suggested trading Harrington for a Ruutu or some such. I was thinking more along the lines of a similar prospect up front, or young NHL forward on an ELC. Not a rental.

If the plan is to deal from the NHL roster, in an old-school player for player NHL trade, I'm all for it. Our roster has needed some tweaking for a while now, and not just by adding pieces. Subtracting, too.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:07 PM
  #25
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
All three have 2 more years following this season on their ELCs. So I doubt we see all three of them here by then.
Despres has 2 more years left on his ELC after this season. Morrow and Harrington haven't started their ELC clock yet.

Unless you meant something else, in which case disregard what I said.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.