HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Price of Parise

Old
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet43 View Post
From the Leafs I'd Offer....

L. Schenn
J. Lupul OR our 1st rnd pick
J. Colborne
N. Kadri OR M. Frattin OR 2nd rind pick

What do Devils fans think?
Done.

Lou wouldn't trade Zach unless he makes it clear he wants to test the market, though.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
You mean Bouwmeester? The Panthers spent 10 years in the basement, but that is not the reason.

When you are a playoff team with a chance (however minuscule) at the Cup, you don't throw in the towel by selling off important pending UFAs for futures. Doing that sends the wrong message to both your players and your fans. I cannot think of a playoff team in recent memory that did that.
And thats a fair point but I think lou would be smart enough if he were to trade parise ,to make a move that would still keep them competitive going into the playoffs but also better them going forward. The players aren't stupid and would understand why it happened. The devils would probably get two players they would use right away and a prospect+ 1st rd pick. I know parise is someone you can't just replace one on one but it will be a all in hand for the devils in the playoffs if he stays. Cup or bust.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:30 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Why not just wait for Parise's contract to expire and offer him alot of money next season? Keep your picks and prospects and get him in the off season. I'd leave Devils if I was him. They have a pretty lousy defence. No real 1st goalie when Brodeur retires (which should be soon since he's not in his prime anymore, nor is he young). They have no depth as well. I think that New York Rangers will sign him in the off season. We'll have $15.9M to spend on Del Zotto, Biron, Stu Bickel, Prust and then some possible free agents.

We'll see what happens in the future. Our is looking bright with Thomas and Kreider getting close to NHL ready.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
For Parise Ottawa would give up Jared Cowen, Milan Michalek, Mika Zibanejad and a 2012 1st
LOOOOOOOOL

Are you ok there buddy?

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:32 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafTroll View Post
It's actually a gross overpayment from the leafs, Kovalchuk didn't even got half the value of the package that was offer and the gap between kovalchuk and Parise is not that much, heck even Pronger didn't got that much value and he wasn't a UFA unlike Parise.
This "analogy" has been brought up so many times... You're comparing apples to oranges. However, I'll still explain.

With Kovalchuk, it was nearly certain that he wanted out of Atlanta -- or, at least, he wasn't going to re-sign. After offering him ludicrous deals, all of which he obviously rejected, Atlanta was forced to trade him. When you are in a situation like that, you have absolutely no leverage. That's why the return for Kovy was so measly.

With Pronger, I'm pretty sure he got a substantial return for Anaheim.. especially given the fact that he was/is in the twilight of his career. Though he was still effective, Philadelphia got a shell of what Pronger used to be... and, now, I'm convinced he won't play again. The fact that the Ducks got Lupul (a then-25-goal-scorer), Sbisa (a rock solid defensive prospect) and two firsts is actually pretty good, given the circumstances.

And, finally, with Parise, he has clearly stated that he wants to stay in NJ, unlike Kovalchuk with Atlanta. Except for his knee injury, he has had nothing substantial injury-wise in his career, unlike Pronger. He is a ripe player, arguably in his prime, unlike Pronger.

Given this, the only way Parise will be pried out of NJ will be via ridiculous overpayment. If you don't want to hand over some top-notch quality, we'll gladly keep Zach.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
For Parise Ottawa would give up Jared Cowen, Milan Michalek, Mika Zibanejad and a 2012 1st
Doneeeee

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:48 PM
jped86

Calvin Pickard/Sami Aittokallio
Cameron Gaunce/Duncan Siemans/Tyson Barrie
David Jones
2013 1st

jped86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan

Cory Schnieder
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Canucks 1st

Mojo Risin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
KanetoToews2883

Hawks offer wouldn't be the best the Devils could do :

Scoring Forward: (Stalberg or Morin)
Goalie or Goalie Prospect: ( Alexander Salak )
Defenceman: (Olsen or Clendening)
1st in 2012.

That wouldn't be enough imo but it's pretty much what the Hawks could offer

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
officeglen

Quote:
no they would not, just a Jets fan trolling for tonight's game

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Is that package generally available? Would you take Rick Nash?

Seriously, Cowen looks to be becoming exactly the sort of defenseman we need. But Ottawa's going to need more of the same to keep Karlsson on the straight and narrow in the future, and the rest of that package would IMO be fatal to Ottawa's rebuilding/retooling plans. It'd be extremely ill-advised.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
And thats a fair point but I think lou would be smart enough if he were to trade parise ,to make a move that would still keep them competitive going into the playoffs but also better them going forward. The players aren't stupid and would understand why it happened. The devils would probably get two players they would use right away and a prospect+ 1st rd pick. I know parise is someone you can't just replace one on one but it will be a all in hand for the devils in the playoffs if he stays. Cup or bust.
First of all, trades for pending UFAs don't work like that. Anybody trading for Parise would be loath to give away assets (like roster players) that keep the Devils competitive, and therefore reduce their own chances.

Second, you simply do not trade the captain of a playoff team. Sure the players understand the business, but that move shows a lack of confidence in them, and also in Lou's ability to keep Parise there beyond this year and build a winner with/around him.

Third, only Lou knows how likely Parise is to re-sign. He probably doesn't look at it as "Cup or bust" if he believes there is a good chance of retaining Parise regardless. The deadline for re-signing him is not the trade deadline, it is July 1. And even then, the Devils have re-signed star players that remained unsigned past July 1: Kovalchuk and Elias spring to mind immediately. One of Lou's favourite sayings is "when you have time, use it." He will not allow an artificial deadline to force him to hedge his bet.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

I'll have Landeskog and Elliot from Colorado.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Brooks Laich + Roman Hamrlik + Was 1st + Bos 2nd?

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
We have enough centers. We have enough aging defenseman. The picks are a good start.

Mike Green and a 2nd sound fair?

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
you'd pass?
Parise is a pure rental. Expecting the Blues to move Stewart, Cole, Bishop and two picks is way too much IMO. (Of course, I'm valuing Stewart based on his production over the last couple of years and not his terrible start in 2011.).

And maybe my sarcasm detector is fried - but not sure if people are realizing that Parise is a rental at this point. If he signed LT, the return obviously goes through the roof. If's he's a rental (and NJ decides to move him), I think a guys like Kadri would be a good starting point of a deal. Obviously, if Parise is signed Kadri can't be the best asset in the deal.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:29 PM
apice3*

The fact that the Musick cited Frazee and Clermont as the two options at future goaltending shows how much he knows about the Devils franchise.

I laughed when I read that.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:32 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Why not just wait for Parise's contract to expire and offer him alot of money next season? Keep your picks and prospects and get him in the off season. I'd leave Devils if I was him. They have a pretty lousy defence. No real 1st goalie when Brodeur retires (which should be soon since he's not in his prime anymore, nor is he young). They have no depth as well. I think that New York Rangers will sign him in the off season. We'll have $15.9M to spend on Del Zotto, Biron, Stu Bickel, Prust and then some possible free agents.

We'll see what happens in the future. Our is looking bright with Thomas and Kreider getting close to NHL ready.
You seemed like you were making a decent case until you said we have no depth. That's when you went from logical poster to simply a Ranger fan ripping on the Devils.

We have 7 players with 10 goals this season. I'm willing to bet we're the only team that can say that, and that doesn't even include our two best natural centers (coming into the season) going on LTIR and missing a combined 75 games.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:42 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
... We have 7 players with 10 goals this season. I'm willing to bet we're the only team that can say that ...
Don't bet with a Boston fan.

Old
01-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
The fact that the Musick cited Frazee and Clermont as the two options at future goaltending shows how much he knows about the Devils franchise.

I laughed when I read that.
Ya, that's leaving out two big ones. Wedgewood and Kinkaid. Personally I think Wedge is the future.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:31 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
You seemed like you were making a decent case until you said we have no depth. That's when you went from logical poster to simply a Ranger fan ripping on the Devils.

We have 7 players with 10 goals this season. I'm willing to bet we're the only team that can say that, and that doesn't even include our two best natural centers (coming into the season) going on LTIR and missing a combined 75 games.
Well tbh Brodeur isn't exactly dominating anymore. The only one in your d corps I'd want would be Larsson. Up front you got Parise (ufa), Kovy, Elias, Zajac (great players) then you have a few good/decent players but compared to other teams your depth ain't that good. And if Parise leaves as a free agent you lose alot obviously.

Talinder, Brodeur and Elias ain't getting any younger... I love Elias though. Great player.

All that aside... I believe Parise will leave the Devils after this season as a free agent. I could be wrong, you never know. But it feels like he wants to test the market and see what offers he would get etc. No offence but the devils isn't exactly top 10 now or in the future if u look at your talent pool, your future goalie problem and your average defensive corps. That's my honest opinion. I can be objective even though I'm a rangers fan just so you know .

p.s I would try to trade him for a 1st rounder and a good prospect if I was you. Well I would have a meeting with him first and make sure first. If he wants to commit and sign a new contract keep him, otherwise trade him soon.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:33 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
From Toronto:

Clarke MacArthur
Ben Scrivens / Jussi Rynaas
Cody Franson / Keith Aulie
1st round 2012
Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Chris Stewart
Ben Bishop
Ian Cole
2nd round 2012
2nd round 2013

I'd pass
Not bad, don't know if I'd take it but that's solid value

Quote:

L. Schenn
J. Colborne

I'll take it, excellent value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
The Penguins could probably offer something like

Despres
Theissen (Last year's AHL goalie of the year)
Kennedy/Tangradi
1st
Parise isn't getting traded in the division and if he was that's a mediocre package at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'd offer up something like:

Lindback
Sk
Josi/Ellis/Blum
1st
Decent value, I think we could get more but not bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jped86 View Post
Calvin Pickard/Sami Aittokallio
Cameron Gaunce/Duncan Siemans/Tyson Barrie
David Jones
2013 1st
See above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
Cory Schnieder
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
Canucks 1st
Need a defenseman coming back, and before you even try it I'm not talking about Bryan Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanetoToews2883 View Post
Hawks offer wouldn't be the best the Devils could do :

Scoring Forward: (Stalberg or Morin)
Goalie or Goalie Prospect: ( Alexander Salak )
Defenceman: (Olsen or Clendening)
1st in 2012.

That wouldn't be enough imo but it's pretty much what the Hawks could offer
Nothing in here appeals to New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Very bad

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Torts

Quote:

L. Schenn
J. Colborne

almost identically to the deal i thought of

Schenn, Kadri, Colborne, 2012 1st, 2013 2nd

for

Parise, 2nd and 4th round pick

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:26 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
... Schenn, Kadri, Colborne, 2012 1st, 2013 2nd ...
Compare to how much the NYR gave up to get Richards.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:40 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Some of the deals in this thread are just crazy. Tell me when a rental ufa ever fetched 3 roster players and a 1st? The preds only gave up one roster player, one defensive prospect, a first and a third for Peter Freaking Forsberg. Parise is gonna be a hot commodity, but not that hot.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote