HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - New Jersey (Parise)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2012, 07:46 PM
  #1
Nuke
Registered User
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Buffalo - New Jersey (Parise)

To Buffalo:

- Parise


To New Jersey:

- Tyler Ennis
- Brad Boyes (Cap Dump)
- TJ Brennan (Prospect)
- 1st Round Pick

Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:48 PM
  #2
KanetoToews2883
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
To Buffalo:

- Parise


To New Jersey:

- Tyler Ennis
- Brad Boyes (Cap Dump)
- TJ Brennan (Prospect)
- 1st Round Pick
Value wise, I still feel like this is a little light.. but not bad. I am in the camp that don't feel like the Devils are going to move Parise... Also they need a long term goalie. Enroth might make some sense....

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:48 PM
  #3
None Shall Pass
Got Carter
 
None Shall Pass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 500
Saw Parise and Cap Dump in the same post, immediately vetoed.

There will be no shortage of suitors should it come to us having to trade Parise. Bring your A game.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:49 PM
  #4
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 38,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
nope.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:50 PM
  #5
VilleLeino
Registered User
 
VilleLeino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Parise to Buffalo Makes no sense....

brb trading a lottery pick for a UFA Winger....

Buffalo will be sellers not buyers

VilleLeino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:53 PM
  #6
burgess1978
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gold Coast
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleLeino View Post
Parise to Buffalo Makes no sense....

brb trading a lottery pick for a UFA Winger....

Buffalo will be sellers not buyers
and I tend to think NJ will be buyers, not sellers.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:55 PM
  #7
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Why would Buffalo be buying, and why would the Devils be selling? And why on earth are the Devils accepting a salary dump in exchange for a prime asset?

This doesn't seem very well thought out.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
  #8
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation
 
Timbo Slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Why would Buffalo be buying, and why would the Devils be selling? And why on earth are the Devils accepting a salary dump in exchange for a prime asset?

This doesn't seem very well thought out.
This.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:00 PM
  #9
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
To Buffalo:

- Parise


To New Jersey:

- Tyler Ennis
- Brad Boyes (Cap Dump)
- TJ Brennan (Prospect)
- 1st Round Pick
As good as Parise is that's a steep price for a rental. As others have said Buffalo is looking like sellers this year not buyers.

is the answer jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
  #10
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose
 
PADevil3034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Swing and a miss.

Value simply isn't there. If Parise is indeed on the market, there will be bigger and better offers.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:04 PM
  #11
Nuke
Registered User
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Ennis and a 1st is alot to give up for a soon to be UFA.

Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:04 PM
  #12
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
This is not what Lou would want for Parise.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
  #13
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Cap Dump will never be included in a Parise Deal

Terrible proposal

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
  #14
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,604
vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Ennis and a 1st is alot to give up for a soon to be UFA.
You know T-Pegs has enough money to give Zach whatever he asks for.

Leopold + Kassian + 1st and he's yours.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:15 PM
  #15
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,680
vCash: 500
Contender or UFA. Buffalo is neither.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:17 PM
  #16
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
You know T-Pegs has enough money to give Zach whatever he asks for.

Leopold + Kassian + 1st and he's yours.
No way.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:29 PM
  #17
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Cap Dump? Proposal rejected.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:30 PM
  #18
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor
 
thefifagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Makes no sense at all for the Sabres. They can't be giving up their first.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:32 PM
  #19
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Parise said that he wants to go to a cup contender, Buffalo is not that.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:36 PM
  #20
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Parise said that he wants to go to a cup contender, Buffalo is not that.
I'm sorry when did he say this?

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:46 PM
  #21
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
I'm sorry when did he say this?
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ney_matte.html

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:52 PM
  #22
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
Cap Dump will never be included in a Parise Deal

Terrible proposal
Why are all Devils fans ******** when a cap dump is included? I don't get it. IF you were to trade Parise, you have plenty of cap space to take on a cap dump whose contract expires this year (like Brad Boyes). And it would be a necessary move for Buffalo to be able to fit Parise under the cap. And it doesn't hurt your team in any way / shape / form. So why be so angry about it?

As far as the value, IF NJ were sellers @ the deadline, I highly doubt you're going to get a better offer than Ennis + the 8th overall pick (based on current position) for a half year rental of Parise. Parise is a total superstar, but it's still a RENTAL.

A trade that MIGHT make a lot more sense IMO would be Parise for Miller+.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:56 PM
  #23
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Why are all Devils fans ******** when a cap dump is included? I don't get it. IF you were to trade Parise, you have plenty of cap space to take on a cap dump whose contract expires this year (like Brad Boyes). And it would be a necessary move for Buffalo to be able to fit Parise under the cap. And it doesn't hurt your team in any way / shape / form. So why be so angry about it?

As far as the value, IF NJ were sellers @ the deadline, I highly doubt you're going to get a better offer than Ennis + the 8th overall pick (based on current position) for a half year rental of Parise. Parise is a total superstar, but it's still a RENTAL.

A trade that MIGHT make a lot more sense IMO would be Parise for Miller+.
We're not fixing you cap problems so you can have our superstar. Deal with it.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:06 PM
  #24
Selanne00008
Registered User
 
Selanne00008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC - UES
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
We're not fixing you cap problems so you can have our superstar. Deal with it.
Its not a cap problem. Its for 45 days of the regular season. Boyes is UFA after that. Not fixing a damn thing

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:17 PM
  #25
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
Its not a cap problem. Its for 45 days of the regular season. Boyes is UFA after that. Not fixing a damn thing
I'll rephrase, we don't want him. He's useless.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.