HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We suck.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2012, 01:59 AM
  #101
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,950
vCash: 500
Embarrassing and pathetic. I'm at a loss of words.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:23 AM
  #102
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,657
vCash: 500
Good:

- Enroth again, I guess

I, because
- I've picked "shutout" at survivors game.
- I've decided against watching this games. I knew that it would be one of these sad, pathtetic games from us.

Bad:

- everything in Blue and gold.
- Weber; Grags, Miller
- This was one of these games which has showen why we need guys like Regehr, Kassian in the lineup urugently.

Ugly:

- I don't care at the moment. I accept losses at the moment. This is ****ing unacceptable.
- Postgame Comments by Ruff, Poms and Miller - Go and **** yourselves.
- Pegulas situation. He wants this team to win but unfortunately he is too much fan to fire Ruff or darcy.

BURN THE HOUSE. SHIP OUT THE OLD ROCHESTER CORE FOR PICKS AND PROSPECTS.

Keep Vanek, Poms, Leino, Regehr, Erhoff, Myers, Sekera and Leopold.

I much rather play the rest of the season with

Vanek - Adam - Pomineville
Ennis - Foligno - Kassian
Leino - Gaustad - Tropp
McCormick - Sechzurablabla - Kaleta
Ellis

Go for the TOP Lottery pick this season and get your franchise center out of the draft.
This is what the Pens, Boston, Flyers or the Blackhawks did and they're now on top of the league.

Im sick of this ****.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 04:36 AM
  #103
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,241
vCash: 500
Ugly. All ugly.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:15 AM
  #104
SECRET SQUIRREL
Registered User
 
SECRET SQUIRREL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarence
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Embarrassing and pathetic. I'm at a loss of words.
Yep

SECRET SQUIRREL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:12 AM
  #105
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
As I was listening to that ... I was thinking ... What would Messier say right here? What would Sakic say right here? What would Yzerman say right here? What would Crosby say right here? How about John Beliveau or Gretzky?

I like Pominville as a player, just not as Captain.

Seems passionless
What would they say? We've heard all the excuses before.

This is what Pominville actually says:
Quote:
"We've got to figure it out ourselves with the coaches and everything. It's up to us to figure it out and, I mean, it's not up to him to come in here. We know we've got to be better and even if he would say something, it still falls on us. We're the guys out there playing. We're the guys that have to be better."

I mean it's (up) to us to give back and right now we're not doing a good enough job. It's been frustrating. I'll take the blame for it. I'm frustrated. A lot of guys are. It's been a tough little go for us here."

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:34 AM
  #106
NoClue4u
Registered User
 
NoClue4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
I just want to see some accountability. I want to see a trade or someone fired. Maybe not necessarily right now, but by the draft? I just want to know that something will be done...

NoClue4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:35 AM
  #107
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,112
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
- This was one of these games which has showen why we need guys like Regehr, Kassian in the lineup urugently.
Yeah, because they would've done a lot to affect this result. When I watched this game, I certainly thought, "Hey, what we need to beat the Red Wings is Zack I'm-too-good-to-expend-any-effort-in-AHL-games Kassian." Regehr wouldn't have done much, either.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:40 AM
  #108
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Yeah, because they would've done a lot to affect this result. When I watched this game, I certainly thought, "Hey, what we need to beat the Red Wings is Zack I'm-too-good-to-expend-any-effort-in-AHL-games Kassian." Regehr wouldn't have done much, either.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:52 AM
  #109
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Yeah, because they would've done a lot to affect this result. When I watched this game, I certainly thought, "Hey, what we need to beat the Red Wings is Zack I'm-too-good-to-expend-any-effort-in-AHL-games Kassian." Regehr wouldn't have done much, either.
Yeah, Zack we-all-know-that-he-is-too-good-for-the-AHL-except-of-Ruff-who-puts-freakin-Ellis-and-****in-Stafford-over-him Kassian and Robyn Regehr on their game could have been the difference last night.

You can't do much worse than Stafford or Roy and at least he can hit too

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:46 AM
  #110
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,570
vCash: 500
Here's an ugly:



This thread didn't stand out to me as being the one for last night's game because the title was the same as it has been for weeks.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:53 AM
  #111
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Yeah, Zack we-all-know-that-he-is-too-good-for-the-AHL-except-of-Ruff-who-puts-freakin-Ellis-and-****in-Stafford-over-him Kassian and Robyn Regehr on their game could have been the difference last night.

You can't do much worse than Stafford or Roy and at least he can hit too
I'm all for Kassian being in instead of Stafford, but I'd rather he develop properly playing 20+ minutes in the AHL, than have to play less than 15 here. Also, I don't want him to become tainted with the putrid stench of this team.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:11 AM
  #112
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,112
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Yeah, Zack we-all-know-that-he-is-too-good-for-the-AHL-except-of-Ruff-who-puts-freakin-Ellis-and-****in-Stafford-over-him Kassian and Robyn Regehr on their game could have been the difference last night.
What game were you watching? Kassian and Regehr would've been the difference last night? What?

And Kassian is nowhere near being "too good for the AHL."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
You can't do much worse than Stafford or Roy and at least he can hit too
Ah yes, back to blaming Roy (one of four players who looked to give a flying **** last night) and Stafford. Typical Vanek Mafia attitude, unsurprising coming from our Lead Vanek Apologist.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:26 AM
  #113
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
What game were you watching? Kassian and Regehr would've been the difference last night? What?

And Kassian is nowhere near being "too good for the AHL."



Ah yes, back to blaming Roy (one of four players who looked to give a flying **** last night) and Stafford. Typical Vanek Mafia attitude, unsurprising coming from our Lead Vanek Apologist.
WTF has my last statement to do with Vanek and being a fan of him? You arguing BS.

I said that they could've been the difference with the thougness they could bring in.

And be honest: Just because Kassian got mishandled by ruff (He has played great and got demoted onto the 4th line when some bodies got healthy without any reason) you shouldn't say things like that.

I mean if Kassian isn't ready for the NHL, what about Stafford? has he never been ready for the NHL then, except last year? I mean seriously, you can't preform weaker than he does and he doesn't hit either.

And Roy hasn't been the same after his injuriy. I mean he was a PPG Player a year ago.....

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:29 AM
  #114
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,578
vCash: 500
Awards:
The Good -

- Missed the game, and forgot to set the DVR

The Bad -

- Eh, Detroit scored less than I was expecting

The Ugly -

- If this isn't rock bottom, they can see it from here.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:34 AM
  #115
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,112
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
WTF has my last statement to do with Vanek and being a fan of him? You arguing BS.
Why are you implicating Roy and Stafford in a game like last night's then? Because you don't know how to do anything other than blame those two. Do you honestly think that we lost last night's game simply because of those two? Detroit quit 8 minutes into the 2nd period. They could've scored 10 on us last night if they wanted to. And you're still blaming the same two scapegoats that you always blame.

Who's the one arguing BS?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
I said that they could've been the difference with the thougness they could bring in.
You're honestly going to sit there and tell all of us that the difference between getting shellacked as we did last night and winning was toughness? Seriously? It's called talent, and Detroit has a ton more than we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
And be honest: Just because Kassian got mishandled by ruff (He has played great and got demoted onto the 4th line when some bodies got healthy without any reason) you shouldn't say things like that.
Kassian isn't ready for the NHL on a full-time basis. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
I mean if Kassian isn't ready for the NHL, what about Stafford? has he never been ready for the NHL then, except last year? I mean seriously, you can't preform weaker than he does and he doesn't hit either.

And Roy hasn't been the same after his injuriy. I mean he was a PPG Player a year ago.....
Annnnnnnd we're back to Roy and Stafford. Big surprise.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:42 AM
  #116
hizzoner
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
I think we should concentrate on the future and that means giving guys like a Kassian a chance to mature. Let him earn his way back up by dominating in the AHL with hustle and results. None of that "Muskoka" business like Burke thought he inherited in Toronto either please...I liked some of what Kassianhbrought but he needs to get points and he tailed off badly in his last few games. I really liked Tropp"s hustle and with Kassian and Foligno some of our wingers are trade bait come the deadline. Please--no heroic measures to revive this team--admit is has not good the right group of players no matter how each player may have something to give the team and move on.

hizzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
  #117
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Why are you implicating Roy and Stafford in a game like last night's then? Because you don't know how to do anything other than blame those two. Do you honestly think that we lost last night's game simply because of those two? Detroit quit 8 minutes into the 2nd period. They could've scored 10 on us last night if they wanted to. And you're still blaming the same two scapegoats that you always blame.

Who's the one arguing BS?





You're honestly going to sit there and tell all of us that the difference between getting shellacked as we did last night and winning was toughness? Seriously? It's called talent, and Detroit has a ton more than we do.



Kassian isn't ready for the NHL on a full-time basis. Deal with it.



Annnnnnnd we're back to Roy and Stafford. Big surprise.
There is so much wrong with your posts. I mean seriously, what are you smokin?

I'm pointing at Roy and stafford because they've showen nothing this season so far while Vanek and JPoms are our only players preforming on a PPG pace.

If you're okay with the play and the production these two (********** and roy) have showen so far then our discussion ends here. We can also add millers poor play.

Back 2 Kassian:

Kass got demoted without any reason. It's not the first time ruff misshandles a rookie. Ruffs has got great talant in paralysing young players confidence with his decissions. Deal with it.

Stafford has done nothing this season so far to play over Kassian. If we don't agree to that point then - I'm sorry my friend - then you've got no clue about hockey.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:15 AM
  #118
DixonWard15
Registered User
 
DixonWard15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
WTF has my last statement to do with Vanek and being a fan of him? You arguing BS.

I said that they could've been the difference with the thougness they could bring in.

And be honest: Just because Kassian got mishandled by ruff (He has played great and got demoted onto the 4th line when some bodies got healthy without any reason) you shouldn't say things like that.

I mean if Kassian isn't ready for the NHL, what about Stafford? has he never been ready for the NHL then, except last year? I mean seriously, you can't preform weaker than he does and he doesn't hit either.

And Roy hasn't been the same after his injuriy. I mean he was a PPG Player a year ago.....
Just like most Rochester fans said before his callup, Kassian isn't NHL ready and he proved it.


He also showed his maturity by coasting through the last two games in Rochester.

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:19 AM
  #119
DixonWard15
Registered User
 
DixonWard15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzoner View Post
I think we should concentrate on the future and that means giving guys like a Kassian a chance to mature. Let him earn his way back up by dominating in the AHL with hustle and results. None of that "Muskoka" business like Burke thought he inherited in Toronto either please...I liked some of what Kassianhbrought but he needs to get points and he tailed off badly in his last few games. I really liked Tropp"s hustle and with Kassian and Foligno some of our wingers are trade bait come the deadline. Please--no heroic measures to revive this team--admit is has not good the right group of players no matter how each player may have something to give the team and move on.
How about this for hustle:
Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija @kevinoDandC 2h
Horrific drop pass by Zack Kassian leads to odd-man rush, and rather than backcheck, he looks for change. No one on #Amerk bench comes on.

Kevin Oklobzija @kevinoDandC 2h Since no one would change, Zack Kassian was forced to backcheck. Play ended up broken up long before he got back in D-zone.
Hopefully he gets sat for a game

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:33 AM
  #120
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,112
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
There is so much wrong with your posts. I mean seriously, what are you smokin?
That's rich. The guy who said the difference between winning and losing last night was Robyn Regehr and Zack Kassian, asks me what I'm smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
I'm pointing at Roy and stafford because they've showen nothing this season so far while Vanek and JPoms are our only players preforming on a PPG pace.
And that relates in what way to last night's game, which, presumably, this thread is about? We were overmatched on every level, and there you are still griping about the same two players. Your cohorts aren't even joining you on this one, that's how out in left field you are right now.

If you want to complain about Roy and Stafford, I'm sure you can find about 48 other threads to do so. This thread is about last night's game. And if you've deduced that we lost because of those two, I'm certain you started your I'm-not-watching-Sabres-games pledge prior to last night's game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
If you're okay with the play and the production these two (********** and roy) have showen so far then our discussion ends here. We can also add millers poor play.
Strawman alert! Strawman alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Back 2 Kassian:

Kass got demoted without any reason. It's not the first time ruff misshandles a rookie. Ruffs has got great talant in paralysing young players confidence with his decissions. Deal with it.

Stafford has done nothing this season so far to play over Kassian. If we don't agree to that point then - I'm sorry my friend - then you've got no clue about hockey.
Kassian's not ready for the NHL right now. Until you concede that point, which even many of the most ardent Kassian fans already have, I can't take you seriously on this issue, and you're just going to continue blaming Ruff. The guy needs to be working on his game in Rochester. In what universe is Zack Kassian "too good for the AHL," as you suggested earlier? Stafford hasn't been good enough, but he can't be sent to Rochester. And, no, Kassian hasn't been better than Stafford, which I'm sure is going to rock your world and cause you again to imply that I'm on drugs. Who cares.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
  #121
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
The 5 goals, an analytical review

Okay. Bare with me..this is my first time doing this. Below are the Red Wings 5 goals taken from NHL.com. After each video I will explain what exactly went wrong. So here we go!




Goal 1
First thing you'll notice is that the trailing linesman is calling icing, which is waved off by the head linesman after the pass comes close to connecting but doesn't at center ice. Not an unusual wave off by any stretch. Next, Miller knows its waved off because he touches it after it hits the end boards. Here's where the mistakes begin. Miller pushes it into the corner, the exact opposite way Weber is going which is behind the net. How'd this happen? Simple answer, no communication. This puts Leopold in a precarious position on the half wall. If you pause it at the 8 second mark before Leopold is about to chip it to Hecht, you'll notice he has another out - Stafford. Instead of Leopold throwing to the middle, he should've played it up the boards to Stafford. Hudler steals the Leopold pass and hands it off to Zetterberg. Miller goes down early, and Zetterberg shoots it high. Defensive coverage was okay -- given the turnover and miscommunication.



Goal 2
Right off the bat, we're in trouble. The puck hasn't even left the Detroit zone and we're playing catch up. Leopold is slow to react from his attempted pinch and is chasing Franzen the length of the rink. Weber should've seen this and moved himself to the left more towards the streaking Franzen. Weber has help with Datsyuk in the form of Pominville. Weber gets behind at our own blue line (pause at 4 seconds). There is absolutely no excuse for Franzen getting that close and getting a shot off. Franzen was at the hash marks when he let it go. Granted it was a great pass from Datsyuk -- the shot should've been avoided.



Goal 3
First off - this is a great camera angle. Leopold gets obliterated in the corner. Weber realizing this, moves lower towards the crease (pause at 3 seconds). We are good positionally here. Perhaps Stafford should be more towards the point - more on this later. Pause at 4 seconds. Now we have 2 defensemen down low covering one player. If Weber stays higher in the slot, he could've cut off Bertuzzi at the face off dot. Stafford moves in to grab Bertuzzi before he gets a shot/pass off. Bertuzzi gets the shot off - Stafford and Leopold are late. Miller lets off a juicy rebound, and Lidstrom comes down from the point -- Stafford's coverage and puts it into the empty net. All 5 Sabres are on one side of the rink. So what exactly went wrong here? Easy - it all started with Leopold getting owned in the corner and the Sabres not trusting one another in coverage. They tried to do too much.



Goal 4
This one is easy. Weber gets it taken away from him. Leopold expecting the pass is caught in the corner and makes a half hearted diving attempt. If he stays on his feet, maybe he gets there.



Goal 5
Another easy one. Sekera pinches and gets caught up at the red line. Myers, not using his reach and half-assed jabs at it. Drew Miller easily takes it in to the zone. The one thing that annoys the piss out of me here is Boyes. Boyes is fine with coverage until he hits the blue line, and lets up on skating. Creating a two on one. He realizes it and sort of tries to do something about it, but doesnt and then its too late. Boyes does a halfassed attempt at covering with his stick during the shot as if to say, "See, I'm trying out here!" No, you aren't.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:37 PM
  #122
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
On the 3rd goal, I couldn't tell if Bertuzzi's shot got to Miller and it was a bad rebound or if it hit Weber or Franzen in front and deflected off to Lidstrom.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:04 PM
  #123
dire wolf
be cool
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 500
Great analysis. Thanks for putting this together. Brutal game for Weber.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
  #124
BowieSabresFan
Registered User
 
BowieSabresFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
Pretty good analysis. The only two things I will offer up are

1. On the first goal, I think Miller gets beaten glove side, but not high. I could be wrong.

2. On the third goal, are you sure the puck got to Miller to give up that rebound?

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:29 PM
  #125
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,112
vCash: 50
Just my brief observations. Not going to re-hash any of what was said above.

Goal 1: Terrible decision by Leo there. The play is up the wall to Stafford at most every level. Just a braincramp.

Goal 2: Man, did not realize how out to lunch Pommer was on that 2nd goal. At 0:02, he looked to be going to cover for the pinching Leopold. Then he skates over to Datsyuk. By then, Franzen has a step on Leopold, and Weber has overcommitted to the right side of the ice, either because he thinks Pominville was going to cover for Leo or he sucks, either of which is a viable choice.

Goal 3: Can't tell if it hits Weber or Miller. If it's off Miller, that's on him for putting that juicy rebound there. If it's off Weber, tough break and not much you can do.

Goal 4: Weber. Derp. Though it'd be nice if Miller could make that save. Pommer not exactly doing much to prevent Bertuzzi to get that shot off. An attempted hit there would've been nice.

Goal 5: **** you, Brad Boyes. What a half-hearted attempt that was.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.