HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh Seeking Winger Via Trade?

Old
01-17-2012, 02:45 PM
ShatteredGlass
Formerly Andy412

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Pass on PAP. He's a great example of a bad player putting up decent production on a bad team.
THIS

I would like to see any of Raymond, Kostitsyn, Ruutu or Kulemin acquired by the Pens. Hemsky is too injury prone, and Parentau is garbage (I don't care how much people try selling him). I also would NOT like to acquire any ancient-aged rentals, as I prefer the James Neal type of acquisitions...players who can possibly be re-signed long term.

ShatteredGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Neal with it

I would much rather trade a player like Tangradi before trading Nisky. I just dont think Tangradi will ever get a shot at a proper top 6 role with the club, and that trading him when he still has top 6 potential would get us the max in return.
Ryan Clowe is my dream winger for this club.

Neal with it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:53 PM
mpp9

Where did all this talk about Clowe come from?

His skillset is very unique in SJ's top six and has been a huge part of Couture's success the past couple seasons.

I'd be all over picking him up if he's available.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

I'd be iffy about trading Niskanen just because of how bad Lovejoy has been.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
I'd be iffy about trading Niskanen just because of how bad Lovejoy has been.
Ditto...that and Niskanen is an RFA, so we could still get something for him in the off-season even if he doesn't fit into the team's plans next year.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Where did all this talk about Clowe come from?

His skillset is very unique in SJ's top six and has been a huge part of Couture's success the past couple seasons.

I'd be all over picking him up if he's available.
It comes from the rumors yesterday and his being scratched tonight (though they are saying his injury is keeping him out, though he played fine with it for 2 games).

It's a pretty big long shot, it would only happen for a big overpayment. I dont think the Sharks/Pens are good trading partners though.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:58 AM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Canucks apparently are making a trade 'soon'.. Maybe something around Raymond and Niskanen? Pure speculation.
This has the feel of a prediction of an actual real trade! Last year there was a lot of talk of a James Neal for Alex Goligoski trade that made a lot of sense and that happened. And then back in 09 a Ducks fan suggested Chris Kunitz and Eric Tangradi for Jordan Staal, which ended up being who the Pens got when they moved Ryan Whitney to Anaheim. I won't be surprised in the least if we saw this trade now or even in the offseason!

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Dorado*

Pitt can have ERIK Christenson back , or Wolski or Avery for prospect / pick

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:17 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Please don't start on the perry thing again. He's going nowhere.
So Kennedy, Lovejoy and a 2nd?!?!?!

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy412 View Post
THIS

I would like to see any of Raymond, Kostitsyn, Ruutu or Kulemin acquired by the Pens. Hemsky is too injury prone, and Parentau is garbage (I don't care how much people try selling him). I also would NOT like to acquire any ancient-aged rentals, as I prefer the James Neal type of acquisitions...players who can possibly be re-signed long term.
yeah because people just trade their top winger at the trade deadline...?

Who is the best winger on the market this deadline in your opinion (from a bottom feeding team)?

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:30 AM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post

Who is the best winger on the market this deadline in your opinion (from a bottom feeding team)?
Rick Nash.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Rick Nash.
Can't count out Morrow. Sure he may not have the raw talent Nash has but overall i think Morrow will get more attention.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:35 AM
petrskudra1

Quote:

Ryan

petrskudra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:

Kostitsyn

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:16 AM
jester00

What about something like Niskanen and Asham for Raymond and Alberts? Vancouver gets their RH dman and a bit of grit for the bottom six and Pitts gets a top 6 winger and a replacement for Niskanen if Letangs not quite ready yet. Penguins pick up a bit of salary, but not much.

jester00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Riptide

Albert's is not someone we need. Our farm system has provided the Pens with serviceable dmen all season, so theres no reason to take on Albert's contract. Additionally we have Engelland who's a better version of Alberts and who's paid less.

As for Niskanen/Raymond. I'd consider swapping them straight up or adding someone like Park/Williams, but the Pens can't really afford to lose Asham/Adams (two people some Van fans have expressed interest in). Without getting something back to replace them.

Perhaps something like
Niskanen and Adams
for
Raymond and Weise

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:37 AM
jester00

[QUOTE=Riptide;42687727]Albert's is not someone we need. Our farm system has provided the Pens with serviceable dmen all season, so theres no reason to take on Albert's contract. Additionally we have Engelland who's a better version of Alberts and who's paid less.

As for Niskanen/Raymond. I'd consider swapping them straight up or adding someone like Park/Williams, but the Pens can't really afford to lose Asham/Adams (two people some Van fans have expressed interest in). Without getting something back to replace them.

Perhaps something like
Niskanen and Adams
for
Raymond and Weise

Done

jester00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Albert's is not someone we need. Our farm system has provided the Pens with serviceable dmen all season, so theres no reason to take on Albert's contract. Additionally we have Engelland who's a better version of Alberts and who's paid less.

Perhaps something like
Niskanen and Adams
for
Raymond and Weise
Weise stinks. Rather keep Niskanen and Adams. Besides, Adams generally matches or surpasses his regular season goal total in the playoffs lol.

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
SkullSplitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Please don't start on the perry thing again. He's going nowhere.
Perry's awesome too, but the only player the Pens could send to make the salary work would be Martin, and Murray would have to be on crack to take Martin + for Murray.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:33 AM
SkullSplitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I still think the best winger on the market that can play in Bylsma's system is Ruutu. Can't discount the wingers in the past who didn't work out for Bylsma. They all seemed to lack aggression and solid 2 way play.
Good point.

Skating + aggressive two way players will always work better under Bylsma than guys that float & cherry pick a bit.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:37 AM
yeahokbuddy

Crosby for Kessel

yeahokbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:08 PM
torrencemd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
It comes from the rumors yesterday and his being scratched tonight (though they are saying his injury is keeping him out, though he played fine with it for 2 games).

It's a pretty big long shot, it would only happen for a big overpayment. I dont think the Sharks/Pens are good trading partners though.
Kennedy+Tangradi+2nd(only because we host the draft this yr) for Clowe? I live in NorCal now and watching Clowe reminds me of Guerin in his prime. His leadership is unreal and if he was on the block Id jump at it from the pens side. Would SJ be looking for more? Maybe Nisky needs to go to SJ as a salary dump?

torrencemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:13 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrencemd View Post
Kennedy+Tangradi+2nd(only because we host the draft this yr) for Clowe? I live in NorCal now and watching Clowe reminds me of Guerin in his prime. His leadership is unreal and if he was on the block Id jump at it from the pens side. Would SJ be looking for more? Maybe Nisky needs to go to SJ as a salary dump?
Why would Clowe be on the market? What am I missing?

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:36 PM
pspot

with all the injuries could the Pens take on Semin's cap hit?

as implausible as it would be for the two teams to make such a move, i guess Wash would have to be clearly out of it, Semin with Malkin would be awesome

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrencemd View Post
That package would not get you Clowe. San Jose is in win now mode. Kennedy is a top 9 forward, Tangradi probably wouldnt crack their roster this year, and the 2nd is as good to them as it would be to the Pens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Why would Clowe be on the market? What am I missing?
This is my thinking. Good player on a good contract. Every team could use a Clowe

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote