HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Brodeur to appear on McEnroe Show

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2004, 11:37 AM
David Puddy

vCash: 500
Brodeur to appear on McEnroe Show

Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur is scheduled to be guest on John McEnroe's television show on Monday, October 18 on CNBC. The showtime is 10:00 PM Eastern Time.

Miss America 2004, Deidre Downs, is also scheduled to appear.

Old
10-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Niedermayer21

McEnroe is actually a pretty good show (CNBC @ 10pm EST). It helps if you like Johnny Mac, which I always have. It will be good to see Marty. The show is broadcast out of Secaucus, so Marty should be able to find it with no problem. I think they tape in the early afternoon. You can go online to get tickets, which are free. May be too late to get tickets for Monday's show but worth a try.

Mac is still a hell of an athlete. It would be interesting if he shot tennis balls at Marty in net. Mac played all sports when he was a kid and ice hockey was one of them. I just hope that Marty doesn't hurt himself if they do something like that. It would just be our stinkin' luck if he does get hurt in some athletic contest with Johnny Mac. BTW, Mac is a Rangers fan, so I hope Marty busts on him a bit.

Remember, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Niedermayer21: 10-13-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old
10-14-2004, 12:11 AM
David Puddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
McEnroe is actually a pretty good show (CNBC @ 10pm EST). It helps if you like Johnny Mac, which I always have.
So you're the one, and I mean one, who watches the McMenroe show? He's gotten a 0.0 rating on more than one occasion. I hope Marty and Miss America help.

I would say that I have nothing against McEnroe. I use to not like him when I was a kid because of his big mouth on the court, but I am certainly over that now.

Old
10-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Sum

What's the concept of the show exactly ?

I don't know if there's an adaptation in France... Anyway, it wouldn't be with Marty Brodeur as a guest (unfortunately). lol

Old
10-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur is scheduled to be guest on John McEnroe's television show on Monday, October 18 on CNBC. The showtime is 10:00 PM Eastern Time.
Sounds like a good idea!

Old
10-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Sum

Thanks for the link Parise.

Quote:
Back in his day, Johnny Mac was notorious for regularly throwing five star nuttys over whether or not balls were in or out and breaking rackets faster then Pasi Nurminen demolished his own goal sticks late last year following 3rd period Thrasher meltdowns.
I like the comparison.

Old
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Hellsempire

I might have to go and check that show out that night... See what Marty has to say about the lockout and CBA problems... It will be interesting to see what Marty has to say if he is asked those questions...

Old
10-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise = The Future
Plus he's swinging single now. Might be funny watching him work his magic on Miss America if both guests are out at the same time.

She may be a little too young for marty but you never know... Marty might work his magic if she is maybe a fan of his... That would be hilarious if he hooks up with her... :lol

Old
10-15-2004, 02:28 PM
David Puddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsempire
She may be a little too young for marty but you never know... Marty might work his magic if she is maybe a fan of his... That would be hilarious if he hooks up with her... :lol
I think she is 24. I saw her on a talkshow shortly after she won the crown. She put off medical school to compete for the title.

I think Brodeur should be fixed up with Pascal Rheaume's sister. Those would be some good goaltending genes.

Old
10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
David Puddy

Martin Brodeur appeared on John McEnroe's show this evening, Monday October 18, 2004. McEnroe ran a taped interview with New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan, who was wearing a late-60's/early-70's LA Rams jersey with Deacon Jones' #75 on it.

After the second commercial break, Brodeur came out and McEnroe asked, "Shouldn't you be playing now, playing some hockey?" They discussed the lockout, which McEnroe first called a strike, for most of the first segment. Brodeur seemed to not really want to discuss the issue, as he sounded ackward instead of his usual fun loving way. Brodeur always seems like he's about to tell a joke during usual interview. McEnroe asked about the owners claims of losing money, to which Brodeur responded about how it would be hard to really know. Brodeur also mentioned the last offer made by the NHLPA.

After another commercial break, McEnroe asked Marty what he is doing with his time. Brodeur said he was busy taking his boys to their hockey games. It was much more light-hearted. Brodeur then strapped on the pads and, as foreseen by Niedermayer27, blocked tennis balls smashed by McEnroe from across the stage. Marty told the host to aim for the corners, to not go five-hole because of the lack of a cup. Brodeur said he wears two when he is playing. McEnroe scored only once on about 10 shots.

For those interested in such things, Brodeur wore black pants and a white shirt (I was thinking that he might have a job as a busboy during the lockout.) He still had his goatee from the WCoH (which cast doubts on my theory that he was working as a busboy during the lockout.)

Old
10-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Sum

Thanks for the report DP !

Old
10-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Hellsempire

Nice report there DP... Unfortunately I happen to miss the show... It sounds like Marty didn't want to get into the whole debackle that is going on with the NHL and the NHLPA over the CBA... He did the right thing by not getting involved or saying something like Madden did to stir up some noise... I just hope something gives here real soon between the two sides...

Closed Thread