HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark olver injury

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
  #1
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin
 
TheFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,488
vCash: 500
Mark olver injury

Anyone have an update on how he's doing? The kid was pretty good in his stint last season

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 04:15 PM
  #2
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,853
vCash: 500
Still concussed, and to my knowledge, not even skating yet. No timetable on his return.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:13 AM
  #3
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Still concussed, and to my knowledge, not even skating yet. No timetable on his return.
AKA, career likely over or at the very least, potential severely crippled.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
  #4
MetalTodd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
About a month ago maybe I heard he was back on an exercise bike and was pretty excited at that development. That was the last I've heard about him. Been seen at Lake Erie Games

MetalTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:23 PM
  #5
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,036
vCash: 500
Thank heavens he's the only Avs player ever who has had concussions!

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
  #6
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,953
vCash: 500
He's faking it.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:58 PM
  #7
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
He's faking it.
QFT.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:30 AM
  #8
Stories
Hockey scientist
 
Stories's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 6,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
AKA, career likely over or at the very least, potential severely crippled.
God I hope not. He showed some nice grit and good offensive skill last year. Like pre-injury Marek Svatos who could pass.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
  #9
Hartman20
Registered User
 
Hartman20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Olver has returned to professional hockey and played his 1st game the other night for Lake Erie (AHL). He will be on a long conditioning stint down there and see where he is at after 10 games. If all goes well, he will be back up with the Av's. A long road back indeed.

Hartman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:56 PM
  #10
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss
 
Duskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartman20 View Post
Olver has returned to professional hockey and played his 1st game the other night for Lake Erie (AHL). He will be on a long conditioning stint down there and see where he is at after 10 games. If all goes well, he will be back up with the Av's. A long road back indeed.
Great news! Hopefully Joey Hishon will join him soon.

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:58 PM
  #11
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 38,001
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Olver is one of the few guys the Avs can call up that could fill in on a scoring line. Great to see him return. If he's feeling okay and plays well, I wouldn't be surprised if he is back in the NHL later this year.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
  #12
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,510
vCash: 500
Great news!

I knew I kept him on my prospect fantasy roster for a reason.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:02 PM
  #13
TatteredTornNFrayed
ocelot spleens, ...
 
TatteredTornNFrayed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Olver got his first goal and point of the season, Sunday night at Milwaukee, in his 3rd game back since returning for the Monsters.

Very nice news that both Mueller and Olver are both back on the ice and well enough to play in games again. Could be a huge boost to the Av's depth if we can keep this health level and then get Duchene back.

TatteredTornNFrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:10 PM
  #14
forsbergavs32
Registered User
 
forsbergavs32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno,CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatteredTornNFrayed View Post
Olver got his first goal and point of the season, Sunday night at Milwaukee, in his 3rd game back since returning for the Monsters.

Very nice news that both Mueller and Olver are both back on the ice and well enough to play in games again. Could be a huge boost to the Av's depth if we can keep this health level and then get Duchene back.
That would make for good lines again

Olver-Duchene-Mueller
Lando-O'Reilly-Hejduk
Galiardi-Stastny-Jones
Winnik-McClement-Kobasew

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:13 PM
  #15
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsbergavs32 View Post
That would make for good lines again

Olver-Duchene-Mueller
Lando-O'Reilly-Hejduk
Galiardi-Stastny-Jones
Winnik-McClement-Kobasew
Putting a lot of faith that a player can come back from that long off, who has not played significant NHL time, and be a top line NHL producer.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:41 PM
  #16
Flanagan
Registered Loser
 
Flanagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,324
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Putting a lot of faith that a player can come back from that long off, who has not played significant NHL time, and be a top line NHL producer.
That entire top line is coming off injuries, we cannot count on that.

Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.