HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

DET - WAS, PHX, WPG, CBJ, BUF and NYI

Old
01-17-2012, 09:23 AM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

vCash: 500
DET - WAS, PHX, WPG, CBJ, BUF and NYI

A few trades to find a 4th line center for Detroit. Emmerton is included in these because that is his current role and I would like to see the Wings go after a more consistent centerman for the playoffs. Emmerton was a 2nd round pick and has shown he can play a fourth line role and has upside but is still learning.

WAS
Halpern

DET
Emmerton + 4th

The reason for the 4th is Halpern is 35 and a UFA next year.

PHX
Gordon

DET
Emmerton + 3rd

The reason for the 3rd is Gordon is still young and has a year left on his contract.

WPG
Slater

DET
Emmerton + 4th

The reason for the fourth is Slater is still young but he is a UFA next year.

CBJ
Palhsson

DET
Emmerton + 4th

The reason for the 4th is Palhsson is 34 and a UFA next year.

BUF
Gaustad

DET
Emmerton + 3rd

The reason for the 3rd is Gaustad is still young but he brings a lot of size as well. He is a UFA next year.

NYI
Nielsen

DET
Emmerton + 2nd

I think with his age and the fact that he can put up 40 points a second round pick. Nielsen wouldn't necessarily be a 4th liner but he would add a lot of center depth. The reason I put a 2nd is he’s a UFA next year.

Would any of these deals be close or would the draft picks need to be changed. Again the reason I have Emmerton in every deal is each team is losing a center so the Wings are giving one back.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
FrankM73

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
A few trades to find a 4th line center for Detroit. Emmerton is included in these because that is his current role and I would like to see the Wings go after a more consistent centerman for the playoffs. Emmerton was a 2nd round pick and has shown he can play a fourth line role and has upside but is still learning.

WAS
Halpern
The Caps are in the Playoffs and not trading their best Faceoff guy in the middle of a playoff run back into 3rd (1st in the SE)... plus Halpern is from MD and a fav favorite...

next please!

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
The Caps are in the Playoffs and not trading their best Faceoff guy in the middle of a playoff run back into 3rd (1st in the SE)... plus Halpern is from MD and a fav favorite...

next please!
I can understand that. I didn't think there was a chance when the Caps are in the hunt.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:51 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Slater for Zetterberg

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 6159
I think Slater is underrated as a shutdown center outside of the Jets boards. He'd be a great playoff rental for any team really. As a pending UFA I realize his value is low but I'd hope that there'd be a few more teams interested in him and that the return would then be a lot better. The Jets should just keep him and focus on re-signing him if they can't get a 2nd for him at the deadline. For the sake of comparison, MTL gave up a 2nd for Dominic Moore as a third-line rental a couple years ago and while I thought it was overpayment, he was instrumental in their playoff run.

I can't say I'm familiar with Emmerton though.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:12 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
we got about 9 guys playing for a bottom 6 role. Sure, we really need yet another one.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
we got about 9 guys playing for a bottom 6 role. Sure, we really need yet another one.
Nope. We have many good bottom 6 wingers, but the centers are one injury away to be a weak position. You have to prepare for injuries and sign depth. Samuel Påhlsson could be ideal.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:49 AM
doaner

Gordon just got back from injury and is doing a great job in the circle. Also put in 2 goals yesterday against the aves. I don't see the yotes dealing him.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
The Emmerton+ for Pahlsson deal would be reasonably acceptable IMO. Emmerton isn't that much beyond what we already have, but the same's also true of Pahlsson. And who knows; maybe he can become something special over here.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:09 PM
static80

Gaustad most likely would command a mid 2nd round pick.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Jimbo7200

Any chance we could get Konopka from Edmonton? I'd throw Emmerton and a 3rd their way in a heartbeat.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:29 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Gordon just got back from injury and is doing a great job in the circle. Also put in 2 goals yesterday against the aves. I don't see the yotes dealing him.
Also, he's under contract for next season. Even if we go in the tank this year, no reason to move him. He can help us get where we need to be next season.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Smoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
CBJ
Palhsson

DET
Emmerton + 4th

Or

BUF
Gaustad

DET
Emmerton + 3rd

Smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Nope. We have many good bottom 6 wingers, but the centers are one injury away to be a weak position. You have to prepare for injuries and sign depth. Samuel Påhlsson could be ideal.
That was the entire point of this thread. Yes we have many bottom six players all fighting for ice time but if we move Abdelkader to wing which he is better suited we lack centerman. Every single guy on that list would be better at taking draws then Emmerton right now. Not saying he won't improve but going into the playoffs I would rather have a vertern guy on the fourth line taking faceoffs.

Old
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Otto91

For the right price I could see the Islanders Trading Nielsen....and I could see his cheap pay as a good fit for The Wings or The Hawks for the right price...

I feel The Islanders could make a Package deal of Nielsen and Staois or Jucina...and a Pick for a Good Prospect or Player.

For some reason I see The Deal Happening with The Hawks...of Nielsen, Staois, and a pick for ????

Otto91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Caps brought Halpern back because the fans really like him, doubt they trade him unless they get an unreasonable return or they are for sure out of it (wont happen by the deadline) and he wants a chance at the cup.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
GeoSacks

Aside from faceoffs, how is Gaustad's defensive play? He'd be on the 4th line with Holmstrom and Abdelkader so he'll need to be good defensively if that line is going to see any ice at all during away games.

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:07 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

If the Jets are out at the deadline, I wouldn't mind that deal (although I'd hope we can get a 2nd for him straight up). If he walks away, we have Cormier ready to replace him next year. Plus he's from Michigan, so he would probably re-sign with the Wings.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:46 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Pahlsson and Gaustad are the only ones I would even consider for Emmerton. I was not high on him earlier but he is growing on me. And whats he at right now 40%? Not bad for a rookie. I say no to all of them because you can probably get those players for a prospect and a pick.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Petes2424

Im taking it you really dont care for Emmerton...

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
GeoSacks

Emmerton is good defensively but bad at faceoffs and unlikely to produce offense of any sort. He isn't disliked but Detroit has prospects coming up who can fill the role at least as well with the potential for a little offense so he's seen as expendable.

Edit: He's also a bit small. Many Detroit fans want a fighter or at least a larger bottom 6.

Last edited by GeoSacks: 01-17-2012 at 06:00 PM.
GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Halpern is certainly not "untouchable" but we like him a lot here in the DC-Maryland-Virginia area, and would rather not part with the homegrown boy. (GMGM likes him a lot too)

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 06:30 PM
broc

I think the question you have to ask yourself is... why do any of these teams want to trade for Corey Emmerton?

All those guys are useful to their respective teams. If they're gonna trade them, it's going to be to playoff-bound teams, and they'll probably be able to pick a better player/pick than Corey Emmerton.

From a Jets perspective..
I'd rather keep Slater and try re-signing him, and risk losing him for nothing... than trade him for Corey Emmerton.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:58 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Im taking it you really dont care for Emmerton...
I actually don't mind Emmerton at all. I think in a few years he will be a very solid bottom six one day. Only reason he was in every offer was I was asking for a center so he was the only roster player that plays center that I would be willing to give up for those guys.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:05 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
I think the question you have to ask yourself is... why do any of these teams want to trade for Corey Emmerton?

All those guys are useful to their respective teams. If they're gonna trade them, it's going to be to playoff-bound teams, and they'll probably be able to pick a better player/pick than Corey Emmerton.

From a Jets perspective..
I'd rather keep Slater and try re-signing him, and risk losing him for nothing... than trade him for Corey Emmerton.
If your team is out of the playoffs and you might lose him for nothing you wouldnt want a former second rounder and a pick. Even if you don't like Emmerton go a head and waive him you still get a pick which is better then nothing. I totally understand if you believe he will be re-signed but your taking a chance at getting nothing.