HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs Isles - 7:00 PM - Verizon Center - 1-17-2012

Old
01-17-2012, 09:01 PM
G3 LesPaul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
Close to five seasons without playing much defense. They have to learn to walk before they run. If they learned any sort of defense responsibility the past few seasons. It would not take so long for them to be able to ad some offence. This is the hole that BB put this team in.
Ya not blaming him at all

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Mr Gone said:
"BB smoke and minors street hockey system coaching made a lot of guys look a lot better than they are"

That is not blaming Boudreau.
Mr Gone is the one, and the only one, who blamed Boudreau in this thread. Not sure if he counts anyway.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:02 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

I think there's a lot of development that was left on the table by BB and gmgm by their system and use of greenie's exceptional ability to one-man-breakout.

But yes that has **** all to do with the mix of current players, injuries to two stars, the inability to control simple passes.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
So predictable, putting the blame on BB.

Bruce Boudreau has absolutely ****-all to do with their inability to win battles, pass the puck, or get it on net.
He can't give them a heart. But all these poor IQ hockey plays come from years of no real coaching. These are the best players in the world. Why cannot seem to change the way they play? Why are they having such a hard time playing a more responsible system? Itís because they were not well coached. And itís going to take time to fix all the bad habits.

Itís true what they say ďWhat you do in practice you do in the gameĒ

And BB really left his mark on this team.

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Pathetic performance. There's not one positive.

Shutout on home ice by one of the worst teams in the NHL, who's also playing the 2nd of a back-to-back.

This is the sort of game that should force a trade.
IMO this is the type of game that reinforces how this team will be lucky to make the playoffs this season.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:07 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
He can't give them a heart. But all these poor IQ hockey plays come from years of no real coaching. These are the best players in the world. Why cannot seem to change the way they play? Why are they having such a hard time playing a more responsible system? Itís because they were not well coached. And itís going to take time to fix all the bad habits.

Itís true what they say ďWhat you do in practice you do in the gameĒ

And BB really left his mark on this team.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:08 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
IMO this is they type of game that reinforces how this team will be lucky to make the playoffs this season.
I'd say they're not a playoff team, but this is as bad as the division has been in a decade.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:09 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
I'd say they're not a playoff team, but this is as bad as the division has been in a decade.
I agree. Throw in the whole "parity" thing and they still have a chance to possibly make it. Contender though? Let's start

Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

I would say 90% of the people here at one point were the best player on their team. It could have been little league, middle or high school. And could have been any sport Baseball, Football or Basketball or Hockey.

And at that time if your coach told he need you do something different then how you have been doing it. It would have been done. Just like that you would have made the change.

These are the best players in the world. And we have a coach trying to get them to play a responsible system. And they canít seem to do.

Do the players not have the skill or mental capacity to make changes?

Or are they trying to fix years of bad habits in learning new ones?

Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

And the idea that Bruce Boudreau is at all to blame for the current play is nothing short of idiotic. They're professional hockey players, not toddlers. They don't need to be re-taught how to play the game.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

So you think BB made the players dumber? I think the generally accepted position is that a few of the key players aren't that strong in the hockey IQ department. Meaning, not that smart inherently. Players understand the concepts of the game. No professional sports player should have the kind of learning curve for a system that you're suggesting. This team is playing a system where they have to outwork the opponent most of the time to win and IMO this isn't a roster with the out work em type of heart.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
And the idea that Bruce Boudreau is at all to blame for the current play is nothing short of idiotic. They're professional hockey players, not toddlers. They don't need to be re-taught how to play the game.

100% true. What does change is the system that they are in. The 3 shots a period and giving up 10 is what has changed since dale got here. It has been like this ever since he got here

The fact that they the give up the puck, cant clear the zone, dont block shots, dont ****, dont play hard is the players.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Itís not about being dumb. Itís about BB letting them slide when they made lazy plays. Its crazy how many 3on1 2on1 3on2 the caps gave up under BB. Thatís not from players being dumb. Itís from them be lazy and poorly coached. And they still have problems with line changes.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
Agree. And in the 4 game streak that preceded it. What happened since? 5 games without Nick. The cracks are starting to show. This team has no forward depth.
If the stars (and i use this term lightly) aren't scoring the secondary (depth) guys aren't coming thru. No creativity, no cohesiveness between players... need better center depth.

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Years with no discipline is going to take time to fix. You have to pick one. If you player are not dumb. You have to say they were poorly coach. If they were well coached they must be dumb for not being able to make the changes. You can’t have it both ways.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:23 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Well I believe it's nothing short of idiotic to think that 20-24 year old super skilled players aren't influenced and build habits based on surroundings.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:24 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
So you think BB made the players dumber? I think the generally accepted position is that a few of the key players aren't that strong in the hockey IQ department. Meaning, not that smart inherently. Players understand the concepts of the game. No professional sports player should have the kind of learning curve for a system that you're suggesting. This team is playing a system where they have to outwork the opponent most of the time to win and IMO this isn't a roster with the out work em type of heart.
But I do agree with the basis here. There's a point when enoughs enough. Even the gm finally admitted that over the summer.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:25 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

There comes a point too where one mat consider BB handled them the way he did cause he knew how dumb some of these guys were.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Itís not about being dumb. Itís about BB letting them slide when they made lazy plays. Its crazy how many 3on1 2on1 3on2 the caps gave up under BB. Thatís not from players being dumb. Itís from them be lazy and poorly coached. And they still have problems with line changes.
Line changes are on the coach... Always. We're at 3 now under dale, unless some happened today. That needs to be eradicated.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
ForzaItalia

No doubt in my mind that McPhee gets fired and Hunter goes back to the OHL after this season.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Thats a lot of overreaction here... it was a really bad game i agree, but its way to early to say Dale isn't an NHL coach. Now they need to erase this stain in MTL.

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:31 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Well I believe it's nothing short of idiotic to think that 20-24 year old super skilled players aren't influenced and build habits based on surroundings.
So Mike Knuble, Roman Hamrlik, Joel Ward, Troy Brouwer, Dennis Wideman, Jeff Halpern, and Jason Chimera aren't part of the problem? They're not playing poorly, making stupid decisions, etc.?

Was Bruce Boudreau's influence so toxic that he killed off any good habits learned in the thousands of games those players played under other coaches?

I call ********.

Ovechkin and Semin are basically the only ones on the ice tonight that fell into your description of 20-24 year old super skilled players under Boudreau.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:32 PM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
So many positives to love tonight.
  • I think 17 shots ---> definite upward trend.
  • Fix the C McPhee. Its getting near epidemic proportions with Nick out. This may very well help force George's hand. Yet another positive.
  • I assume someone was joking when they said Brooks got a star tonight. Always good for a laugh.
  • Saving it for Montreal... watch for it.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
There comes a point too where one mat consider BB handled them the way he did cause he knew how dumb some of these guys were.
That is a really good point. And may be part of what we are seeing now. Itís like with a collage football player. As soon as you put the ball in the hands of a RB that is as fast as the D backs. Half the D backs canít make a tackle. They never had to learn the angle of pursuit. They were always bigger faster then everyone. So they run at the guy with the ball and end up behind them.

Maybe our guys never had to work for it like they are doing now.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Langway
Flow➜Grow

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's why the entire Leonsis 'youth most be served' plan--be it Caps or Wiz--is so terribly short-sighted if the culture, the stability, is not there alongside it. It's more a catch phrase than actual plan.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote