HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What could the devils give the Canucks for Schneider.

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
I think the return would have to be something like Merrill + 1st at the draft.
For Schneider?

Pass and a ****ing half.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:38 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
2nd round pick.
goodluck with that...

Old
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
The Devils aren't going to move Parise in a deal where the main piece coming back is a goalie.

Period.

Double period.
Meh, gave it a wild guess. Canucks will probably be looking for a young top 4 d-man with solid upside for Schneider so it makes it a tough deal in a 1 for 1 for Vancouver and New Jersey.

I figured Schneider and a 1st line center (not quite of Parises caliber, but still a top line center) for Parise wasn't a horrible return.

The deal without Grabovski would essentially be for the negotiating rights to Parise if they can't re-sign him.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Schneider, Hodgson, 1st round pick in 2012 and 2nd round pick in 2013

for

Parise and Hedberg

Devils then trade their own 2nd round pick to Montreal for Travis Moen and Vancouver's 2013 2nd round pick to Anaheim for Francois Beauchemin.

I can go to war with that.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
For Schneider?

Pass and a ****ing half.
Based on the market value that was set with the Varlamov trade Schneider should be worth somewhere around the 11th overall pick and a 2nd. It could easily be argued that since that offer was presented to Gillis and subsequently rejected, Schneider's value has improved substantially.

As it stands today the Devils are looking at a 1st round pick around 18th overall. If this holds through to the draft I feel confident that Gillis will demand another asset in addition to the 1st if he's to trade Schneider to NJ. Whether or not you believe Merrill is overpayment is your subjective opinion, but if the alternative is trading him to Tampa for Connolly (as has been proposed many times on HF by fans of both teams), I would suspect that NJ 1st + Merrill might still be less than market value.

Just out of curiosity, as one who adamantly opposes the value in this trade, what would you consider a fair return for Schneider? Also, how many times have you seen him play? Anyone can say "pass and a ****ing half" to a trade, maybe try adding something worthwhile to the conversation next time.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Avs44

vCash: 130
Quote:
2nd round pick.
A Mod is trolling? Never thought I'd see the day...

Old
01-17-2012, 08:55 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Based on the market value that was set with the Varlamov trade Schneider should be worth somewhere around the 11th overall pick and a 2nd. It could easily be argued that since that offer was presented to Gillis and subsequently rejected, Schneider's value has improved substantially.

As it stands today the Devils are looking at a 1st round pick around 18th overall. If this holds through to the draft I feel confident that Gillis will demand another asset in addition to the 1st if he's to trade Schneider to NJ. Whether or not you believe Merrill is overpayment is your subjective opinion, but if the alternative is trading him to Tampa for Connolly (as has been proposed many times on HF by fans of both teams), I would suspect that NJ 1st + Merrill might still be less than market value.

Just out of curiosity, as one who adamantly opposes the value in this trade, what would you consider a fair return for Schneider? Also, how many times have you seen him play? Anyone can say "pass and a ****ing half" to a trade, maybe try adding something worthwhile to the conversation next time.
Or they can just offer Nashville a 2nd for Lindback.

Unless the Devils have a horrid rest of the way this will be the year they take the Kovalchuk penalty and lose their 1st round pick.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee88 View Post
Larsson?
Absolutely not. Larsson is the guy the Devils are rebuilding their defence around. No way he gets moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
Clarkson, Hedberg, Urbom
for
Schneider, Oreskovich.
No way. Clarkson is more valuable than you give him credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo View Post
all NJD fans, you have a pretty good GM who have made some pretty sweet deals throughout the years but you still have to give to get.
I don't think anyone understands that the Devils will not trade for a goalie until this summer at the earliest.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
I don't want Corey

If the Devils were to chase a young goalie I want Lindback.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Or they can just offer Nashville a 2nd for Lindback.

Unless the Devils have a horrid rest of the way this will be the year they take the Kovalchuk penalty and lose their 1st round pick.
Sure they can. Not sure how that at all relates to my post...

Old
01-17-2012, 09:01 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Or the Devils could sign Josh Harding as an ufa in the summer. Hedberg won't be back and it looks like Brodeur will play one more year.

And after that there's Scott Wedgewood.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Schneider, Hodgson, 1st round pick in 2012 and 2nd round pick in 2013

for

Parise and Hedberg

Devils then trade their own 2nd round pick to Montreal for Travis Moen and Vancouver's 2013 2nd round pick to Anaheim for Francois Beauchemin.

I can go to war with that.
We're not trading Hodgson alone for a UFA Parise

Old
01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Point is Vancouver is going to run into a similar problem that Anaheim had years ago with Bryzgalov. What is the market for a goalie?

Who really needs one?

NJ, Tampa, Phoenix?

You got Rask, Bobrovsky, Lindback, Bernier, Schneider, Holtby all out there not to mention Josh Harding as a UFA.

Washington got lucky they ran into Craig Sherman or whatever his name is. He made an awful deal that no other GM would make in a million years.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:05 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Or the Devils could sign Josh Harding as an ufa in the summer. Hedberg won't be back and it looks like Brodeur will play one more year.

And after that there's Scott Wedgewood.
I thought TB was? or was it the Blue Jackets? or Toronto?

Old
01-17-2012, 09:07 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:

The difference, of course, is that unlike Sherman, Lou isn't a ******* idiot.

I don't care WHAT the "market" for goalies is, Lou isn't going to trade a first (when he has to forfeit one of his next couple) AND his best prospect for a backup goaltender.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:09 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Point is Vancouver is going to run into a similar problem that Anaheim had years ago with Bryzgalov. What is the market for a goalie?

Who really needs one?

NJ, Tampa, Phoenix?

You got Rask, Bobrovsky, Lindback, Bernier, Schneider, Holtby all out there not to mention Josh Harding as a UFA.

Washington got lucky they ran into Craig Sherman or whatever his name is. He made an awful deal that no other GM would make in a million years.
Boston isn't trading Rask, don't see LA trading Bernier anytime soon and Schneider talent is on another level than the others there. I don't even think Linback is really available, Harding will have a lot of interest teasm who want to up grade their goaltending?... your missing a few there your looking at NJ, TB, Blue Jackets, Hawks, TO and maybe Yotes.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM
rockinghockey

You guys have to remember that NJ does not have a 1st this year because of the Kovulchuk signing.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
The difference, of course, is that unlike Sherman, Lou isn't a ******* idiot.

I don't care WHAT the "market" for goalies is, Lou isn't going to trade a first (when he has to forfeit one of his next couple) AND our best prospect for a backup goaltender.
I ask you two simple questions; a fair return for Schneider and how many times you've seen him play, and once again you respond with profanity. Typical hfboards

Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
2nd round pick.
LOL that's not even close to fair value.

01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You guys have to remember that NJ does not have a 1st this year because of the Kovulchuk signing.
Thanks, I was not aware. This makes a deal here all the less likely.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
rockinghockey

NJ either had to give up their 1st last year or the 2012 draft. They had a top pick so they will lose their 1st round pick in 2012.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAME CANADA View Post
Boston isn't trading Rask, don't see LA trading Bernier anytime soon and Schneider talent is on another level than the others there. I don't even think Linback is really available, Harding will have a lot of interest teasm who want to up grade their goaltending?... your missing a few there your looking at NJ, TB, Blue Jackets, Hawks, TO and maybe Yotes.
Phoenix has Visentin. They invested a 1st round pick in him so before they go outside their organization they'll give him a chance first.

Also, forgot about Enroth

Old
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
I ask you two simple questions; a fair return for Schneider and how many times you've seen him play, and once again you respond with profanity. Typical hfboards
Apologies, that's just how I post. I don't mean any disrespect by it.

I've seen him play some, maybe 10-12 games. And I'm not going to try and give fair value, because I'm of the opinion that goaltending carries much less value than position players given the volatility of goaltending performances year to year and the relative availability of talent.

Old
Kensu

Quote:
no they don't have their first this year unless they want to give it up this year.

They have to give up their 1st within the next 2 or 3 years I believe? I don't remember when we have to give it up by.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:16 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
NJ either had to give up their 1st last year or the 2012 draft. They had a top pick so they will lose their 1st round pick in 2012.
or 2013 or 2014.

Not just 2011 or 2012. But as long as they arent in the top 15 I can see them opting to use the penalty for this year.

Closed Thread