HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What could the devils give the Canucks for Schneider.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
  #26
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
I think the return would have to be something like Merrill + 1st at the draft.
For Schneider?

Pass and a ****ing half.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:38 PM
  #27
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
2nd round pick.
goodluck with that...

BLAME CANADA* is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
  #28
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
The Devils aren't going to move Parise in a deal where the main piece coming back is a goalie.

Period.

Double period.
Meh, gave it a wild guess. Canucks will probably be looking for a young top 4 d-man with solid upside for Schneider so it makes it a tough deal in a 1 for 1 for Vancouver and New Jersey.

I figured Schneider and a 1st line center (not quite of Parises caliber, but still a top line center) for Parise wasn't a horrible return.

The deal without Grabovski would essentially be for the negotiating rights to Parise if they can't re-sign him.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
  #29
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Schneider, Hodgson, 1st round pick in 2012 and 2nd round pick in 2013

for

Parise and Hedberg


Devils then trade their own 2nd round pick to Montreal for Travis Moen and Vancouver's 2013 2nd round pick to Anaheim for Francois Beauchemin.


I can go to war with that.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:53 PM
  #30
Campoli2Burrows
Registered User
 
Campoli2Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
For Schneider?

Pass and a ****ing half.
Based on the market value that was set with the Varlamov trade Schneider should be worth somewhere around the 11th overall pick and a 2nd. It could easily be argued that since that offer was presented to Gillis and subsequently rejected, Schneider's value has improved substantially.

As it stands today the Devils are looking at a 1st round pick around 18th overall. If this holds through to the draft I feel confident that Gillis will demand another asset in addition to the 1st if he's to trade Schneider to NJ. Whether or not you believe Merrill is overpayment is your subjective opinion, but if the alternative is trading him to Tampa for Connolly (as has been proposed many times on HF by fans of both teams), I would suspect that NJ 1st + Merrill might still be less than market value.

Just out of curiosity, as one who adamantly opposes the value in this trade, what would you consider a fair return for Schneider? Also, how many times have you seen him play? Anyone can say "pass and a ****ing half" to a trade, maybe try adding something worthwhile to the conversation next time.

Campoli2Burrows is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
  #31
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,054
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
2nd round pick.
A Mod is trolling? Never thought I'd see the day...

Avs44 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:55 PM
  #32
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
Based on the market value that was set with the Varlamov trade Schneider should be worth somewhere around the 11th overall pick and a 2nd. It could easily be argued that since that offer was presented to Gillis and subsequently rejected, Schneider's value has improved substantially.

As it stands today the Devils are looking at a 1st round pick around 18th overall. If this holds through to the draft I feel confident that Gillis will demand another asset in addition to the 1st if he's to trade Schneider to NJ. Whether or not you believe Merrill is overpayment is your subjective opinion, but if the alternative is trading him to Tampa for Connolly (as has been proposed many times on HF by fans of both teams), I would suspect that NJ 1st + Merrill might still be less than market value.

Just out of curiosity, as one who adamantly opposes the value in this trade, what would you consider a fair return for Schneider? Also, how many times have you seen him play? Anyone can say "pass and a ****ing half" to a trade, maybe try adding something worthwhile to the conversation next time.
Or they can just offer Nashville a 2nd for Lindback.

Unless the Devils have a horrid rest of the way this will be the year they take the Kovalchuk penalty and lose their 1st round pick.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
  #33
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee88 View Post
Larsson?
Absolutely not. Larsson is the guy the Devils are rebuilding their defence around. No way he gets moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
Clarkson, Hedberg, Urbom
for
Schneider, Oreskovich.
No way. Clarkson is more valuable than you give him credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo View Post
all NJD fans, you have a pretty good GM who have made some pretty sweet deals throughout the years but you still have to give to get.
I don't think anyone understands that the Devils will not trade for a goalie until this summer at the earliest.

Saugus is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
  #34
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
I don't want Corey


If the Devils were to chase a young goalie I want Lindback.

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
  #35
Campoli2Burrows
Registered User
 
Campoli2Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Or they can just offer Nashville a 2nd for Lindback.

Unless the Devils have a horrid rest of the way this will be the year they take the Kovalchuk penalty and lose their 1st round pick.
Sure they can. Not sure how that at all relates to my post...

Campoli2Burrows is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:01 PM
  #36
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Or the Devils could sign Josh Harding as an ufa in the summer. Hedberg won't be back and it looks like Brodeur will play one more year.

And after that there's Scott Wedgewood.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
  #37
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Schneider, Hodgson, 1st round pick in 2012 and 2nd round pick in 2013

for

Parise and Hedberg


Devils then trade their own 2nd round pick to Montreal for Travis Moen and Vancouver's 2013 2nd round pick to Anaheim for Francois Beauchemin.


I can go to war with that.
We're not trading Hodgson alone for a UFA Parise

BLAME CANADA* is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:04 PM
  #38
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Point is Vancouver is going to run into a similar problem that Anaheim had years ago with Bryzgalov. What is the market for a goalie?

Who really needs one?

NJ, Tampa, Phoenix?

You got Rask, Bobrovsky, Lindback, Bernier, Schneider, Holtby all out there not to mention Josh Harding as a UFA.

Washington got lucky they ran into Craig Sherman or whatever his name is. He made an awful deal that no other GM would make in a million years.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:05 PM
  #39
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Or the Devils could sign Josh Harding as an ufa in the summer. Hedberg won't be back and it looks like Brodeur will play one more year.

And after that there's Scott Wedgewood.
I thought TB was? or was it the Blue Jackets? or Toronto?

BLAME CANADA* is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:07 PM
  #40
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
Based on the market value that was set with the Varlamov trade Schneider should be worth somewhere around the 11th overall pick and a 2nd. It could easily be argued that since that offer was presented to Gillis and subsequently rejected, Schneider's value has improved substantially.

As it stands today the Devils are looking at a 1st round pick around 18th overall. If this holds through to the draft I feel confident that Gillis will demand another asset in addition to the 1st if he's to trade Schneider to NJ. Whether or not you believe Merrill is overpayment is your subjective opinion, but if the alternative is trading him to Tampa for Connolly (as has been proposed many times on HF by fans of both teams), I would suspect that NJ 1st + Merrill might still be less than market value.

Just out of curiosity, as one who adamantly opposes the value in this trade, what would you consider a fair return for Schneider? Also, how many times have you seen him play? Anyone can say "pass and a ****ing half" to a trade, maybe try adding something worthwhile to the conversation next time.
The difference, of course, is that unlike Sherman, Lou isn't a ******* idiot.

I don't care WHAT the "market" for goalies is, Lou isn't going to trade a first (when he has to forfeit one of his next couple) AND his best prospect for a backup goaltender.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:09 PM
  #41
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Point is Vancouver is going to run into a similar problem that Anaheim had years ago with Bryzgalov. What is the market for a goalie?

Who really needs one?

NJ, Tampa, Phoenix?

You got Rask, Bobrovsky, Lindback, Bernier, Schneider, Holtby all out there not to mention Josh Harding as a UFA.

Washington got lucky they ran into Craig Sherman or whatever his name is. He made an awful deal that no other GM would make in a million years.
Boston isn't trading Rask, don't see LA trading Bernier anytime soon and Schneider talent is on another level than the others there. I don't even think Linback is really available, Harding will have a lot of interest teasm who want to up grade their goaltending?... your missing a few there your looking at NJ, TB, Blue Jackets, Hawks, TO and maybe Yotes.

BLAME CANADA* is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM
  #42
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
You guys have to remember that NJ does not have a 1st this year because of the Kovulchuk signing.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
  #43
Campoli2Burrows
Registered User
 
Campoli2Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
The difference, of course, is that unlike Sherman, Lou isn't a ******* idiot.

I don't care WHAT the "market" for goalies is, Lou isn't going to trade a first (when he has to forfeit one of his next couple) AND our best prospect for a backup goaltender.
I ask you two simple questions; a fair return for Schneider and how many times you've seen him play, and once again you respond with profanity. Typical hfboards

Campoli2Burrows is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
  #44
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,940
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
2nd round pick.
LOL that's not even close to fair value.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
  #45
Campoli2Burrows
Registered User
 
Campoli2Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You guys have to remember that NJ does not have a 1st this year because of the Kovulchuk signing.
Thanks, I was not aware. This makes a deal here all the less likely.

Campoli2Burrows is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
  #46
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
NJ either had to give up their 1st last year or the 2012 draft. They had a top pick so they will lose their 1st round pick in 2012.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
  #47
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAME CANADA View Post
Boston isn't trading Rask, don't see LA trading Bernier anytime soon and Schneider talent is on another level than the others there. I don't even think Linback is really available, Harding will have a lot of interest teasm who want to up grade their goaltending?... your missing a few there your looking at NJ, TB, Blue Jackets, Hawks, TO and maybe Yotes.
Phoenix has Visentin. They invested a 1st round pick in him so before they go outside their organization they'll give him a chance first.

Also, forgot about Enroth

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
  #48
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
I ask you two simple questions; a fair return for Schneider and how many times you've seen him play, and once again you respond with profanity. Typical hfboards
Apologies, that's just how I post. I don't mean any disrespect by it.

I've seen him play some, maybe 10-12 games. And I'm not going to try and give fair value, because I'm of the opinion that goaltending carries much less value than position players given the volatility of goaltending performances year to year and the relative availability of talent.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
  #49
Kensu
Registered User
 
Kensu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You guys have to remember that NJ does not have a 1st this year because of the Kovulchuk signing.
no they don't have their first this year unless they want to give it up this year.

They have to give up their 1st within the next 2 or 3 years I believe? I don't remember when we have to give it up by.

Kensu is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:16 PM
  #50
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
NJ either had to give up their 1st last year or the 2012 draft. They had a top pick so they will lose their 1st round pick in 2012.
or 2013 or 2014.

Not just 2011 or 2012. But as long as they arent in the top 15 I can see them opting to use the penalty for this year.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.