HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Gauthier: International Jetsetter (scouted NSH, NYR, NJ, CGY, LA, ANA...)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2012, 08:04 AM
  #276
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Doesn't mean he wasn't there just because it wasn't reported.
lol

besides the point, do you REALLY need to scout any of these guys? I think you already know what you getting in each case.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:05 AM
  #277
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
lol

besides the point, do you REALLY need to scout any of these guys? I think you already know what you getting in each case.
Airmiles run out n 2016...rack them up while ya can....

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:07 AM
  #278
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
he got the nickname "Ghost" for a reason i guess...lol
Yes, not making weekly pressers is why. Not because he isn't working as nobody knows what his schedule is like. Hate him or love him, the man keeps busy.

But keep playing into the infantile remarks if it makes you happy. All is good. He will be gone next year, hopefully.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:08 AM
  #279
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes, not making weekly pressers is why. Not because he isn't working as nobody knows what his schedule is like. Hate him or love him, the man keeps busy.

But keep playing into the infantile remarks if it makes you happy. All is good. He will be gone next year, hopefully.
top 3 worst Gm in NHL

work hard all you like.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:09 AM
  #280
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
lol

besides the point, do you REALLY need to scout any of these guys? I think you already know what you getting in each case.
Well, yes, of course you need to watch them live.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:10 AM
  #281
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
top 3 worst Gm in NHL

work hard all you like.
Bottom 3? How do you figure that?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:21 AM
  #282
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Bottom 3? How do you figure that?
Garth Snow is a better GM than Gauthier.

The Islanders starting next year will be a force in NHL , bank it .

They will finish ahead of Habs this yr,and go look at what's comin up in there farm system...Nino Niederreiter, Kirill Kabanov,Kirill Petrov, Calvin de Haan etc.......


Jim Rutherford better than Gauthier

Yzerman get's a pass as a new GM ...



Columbus Gm might be worse than Gauthier...but it's a close call.


I rank Gauthier 2nd worst ...in NHL


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-20-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:22 AM
  #283
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,415
vCash: 500
Pierre's new theme song:

http://youtu.be/MmFN9C9PVpg

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:29 AM
  #284
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Garth Snow is a better GM than Gauthier.

The Islanders starting next year will be a force in NHL , bank it .

They will finish ahead of Habs this yr,and go look at what's comin up in there farm system...Nino Niederreiter, , Kirill Kabanov,Kirill Petrov Calvin de Haan


Jim Rutherford better than Gauthier

Yzerman get's a pass as a new GM ...



Columbus Gm might be worse than Gauthier...but it's a close call.


I rank Gauthier 2nd worst ...in NHL
Guys like Snow and Burke have been there 3-4 years and never made the playoffs but they are better than Gauthier.

Yzerman gets a free pass cause he's only been there 2 years but Gauthier's only been here 2 years...

Ok you hate the guy and can't see the forrest for the trees...i get it.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:31 AM
  #285
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming
 
Moen in Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
We all know why he's in Anaheim



(I hope this one looks fake enough )

Moen in Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:32 AM
  #286
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Guys like Snow and Burke have been there 3-4 years and never made the playoffs but they are better than Gauthier.

Yzerman gets a free pass cause he's only been there 2 years but Gauthier's only been here 2 years...

Ok you hate the guy and can't see the forrest for the trees...i get it.
Gauthier track record speaks for itself...anywhere he has been ,has been a LOSER...

NOW he takes a hold of Montreal's ship and guess what? WHERE A LOSER.

Coincidence?

Now Montreal got attendance issues just like the Ducks and Ottawa did ...fan base that was insane rocking Bell ,now reduced to what?the breath of an expansion team .



We're stinking like the Gauthier Sens and Ducks


Coincidence?


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-20-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:34 AM
  #287
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Garth Snow is a better GM than Gauthier.

The Islanders starting next year will be a force in NHL , bank it .

They will finish ahead of Habs this yr,and go look at what's comin up in there farm system...Nino Niederreiter, Kirill Kabanov,Kirill Petrov, Calvin de Haan etc.......


Jim Rutherford better than Gauthier

Yzerman get's a pass as a new GM ...



Columbus Gm might be worse than Gauthier...but it's a close call.


I rank Gauthier 2nd worst ...in NHL
holy grass is greener on the other side syndrom!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:42 AM
  #288
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The only issue with re-signing AK is it will likely cost 3.5-4 mil for 3-4 years and he will be behind Gionta Bourque Cole and Pacioretty plus at some point blocking LeBlanc Kristo Bournival Gallagher Quailer Holland from top 9 ice time.

At this point we can let him go and maybe sign a similar player as a UFA for a couple years at 3-4 mil and get a pick(s) or prospect(s) back. Lots of teams looking for help up front and not many sellers.
LeBlanc & Kristo are a year or two away. The rest are are two or three years away at best. Gionta's contract ends in two years. Besides, I would trade Gionta before trading AK especially if he's only going to cost us 4 million.

Most people on this board thought Gionta was a 30 goal scorer but he scored more than 30 only once in his career and it ain't gonna get any better. This year was a sign of things to expect from Gionta. He's 33 and not getting any younger. Because of injuries he will be in and out of the lineup.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:42 AM
  #289
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Gauthier track record speaks for itself...anywhere he has been ,has been a LOSER...

NOW he takes a hold of Montreal's ship and guess what? WHERE A LOSER.

Coincidence?

Now Montreal got attendance issues just like the Ducks and Ottawa did ...fan base that was insane rocking Bell ,now reduced to what?the breath of an expansion team .



We're stinking like the Gauthier Sens and Ducks


Coincidence?
If the Habs are not a winner it's because of Gainey's moves, not Gauthier's. He just inherited the big contracts(especially Cammy and Gomez).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:43 AM
  #290
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
holy grass is greener on the other side syndrom!
Let's be honest, with ourselves.

The top 5 NHL teams would NEVER hire Pierre Gauthier as Gm.

WHY does Montreal have this guy driving the boat in Montreal?

WHY is this the guy the one allowed,to trade away players that will effect us for next 5 years...
When he will be gone next yr.


Montreal tired to mimic DETROIT on the ice last few years.....

They should try to mimic Detroit OFF THE ICE FIRST...

This is what as a fan who has watch them flounder for way to long sees....

What Detroit is, is what Montreal USED TO BE ....a first class org...

Now Montreal for way too many years, is just seemly happy to be one of the back pack.

Lost it's identity!and a grave in justice ,to the great's who MADE THIS TEAM .


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-20-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:13 AM
  #291
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Let's be honest, with ourselves.

The top 5 NHL teams would NEVER hire Pierre Gauthier as Gm.

WHY does Montreal have this guy driving the boat in Montreal?

WHY is this the guy the one allowed,to trade away players that will effect us for next 5 years...
When he will be gone next yr.
the prospects cupboard never ever was this full, the team is underachieving but its gonna give us a top center or winger, the wingers of the team are big, physical and talented, the defense is young and if the right combos are found, could become waaay better (Diaz, Emelin, Gorges, Subban thats 4 potential top 4 ds and maybe 2 top pairing d's) The dead wood is about to be dropped (Campoli, Gill, Gomez, Kaberle, Moen) and we'll get good picks out of them. We got great young centers getting better (Eller, Desharnais)

I fail to see why, despite us being a team that clearly plays below its potential, we should be unhappy with Gauthier's work

he is not the best, but he is clearly not with the constant tankers that never take the next step like Snow and Feaster

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:16 AM
  #292
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
the prospects cupboard never ever was this full, the team is underachieving but its gonna give us a top center or winger, the wingers of the team are big, physical and talented, the defense is young and if the right combos are found, could become waaay better (Diaz, Emelin, Gorges, Subban thats 4 potential top 4 ds and maybe 2 top pairing d's) The dead wood is about to be dropped (Campoli, Gill, Gomez, Kaberle, Moen) and we'll get good picks out of them. We got great young centers getting better (Eller, Desharnais)

I fail to see why, despite us being a team that clearly plays below its potential, we should be unhappy with Gauthier's work

he is not the best, but he is clearly not with the constant tankers that never take the next step like Snow and Feaster
Easy with the rose coloured glasses!!!

Eller a "great" center? Diaz a "top4" D? Where do you get this stuff from?

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:18 AM
  #293
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Easy with the rose coloured glasses!!!

Eller a "great" center? Diaz a "top4" D? Where do you get this stuff from?
Great in his role?

And Diaz is showing he got the potential, clearly

and nope, these are not rose colored glasses

these are the "losing does not affect my capacity to think correctly" glasses also know under the "anti-self destruction of sport team" goggles

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:18 AM
  #294
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
the prospects cupboard never ever was this full, the team is underachieving but its gonna give us a top center or winger, the wingers of the team are big, physical and talented, the defense is young and if the right combos are found, could become waaay better (Diaz, Emelin, Gorges, Subban thats 4 potential top 4 ds and maybe 2 top pairing d's) The dead wood is about to be dropped (Campoli, Gill, Gomez, Kaberle, Moen) and we'll get good picks out of them. We got great young centers getting better (Eller, Desharnais)

I fail to see why, despite us being a team that clearly plays below its potential, we should be unhappy with Gauthier's work

he is not the best, but he is clearly not with the constant tankers that never take the next step like Snow and Feaster
He won a cup as a GM with an EXPANSION team non the less..

and Snow has put a FOUNDATION under the Islanders so deep,even if he goes tomorrow, he will get alot credit for the cup win.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
  #295
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He won a cup as a GM
so what? he's still a terrible GM from the lockout until now

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:21 AM
  #296
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Wow Diaz top four D ! Now i know we are in deeeeeeeeep **** !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
  #297
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He won a cup as a GM

and Snow has put a FOUNDATION under the Islanders so deep,even if he goes he will get alot credit for the cup win.
You mean by being awful for the last 5 years?

By that logic, Gauthier should be praised for laying the foundation for a future Habs Cup win.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
  #298
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,197
vCash: 50
Gauthier sure does get around...

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:24 AM
  #299
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
McDonagh-Subban

Kostitsyn-Eller-Kostitsyn

This could look good.
Funny part is I bet you that line would be amazing.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:25 AM
  #300
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He won a cup as a GM

and Snow has put a FOUNDATION under the Islanders so deep. even if he goes he will get alot credit for the cup win.

you mean top 5 picks after top 5 picks?

if it wasnt of him, the isles could be there already

Stupid contracts to Dipietro, Stupid trades for Smith, Josh Bailey

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.