HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2012, 01:07 AM
  #1
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012

continue here.

overlords is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 01:19 AM
  #2
Vincent01
Registered User
 
Vincent01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be against acquiring a guy like Palmieri in New Jersey. Seems like there's no room for him with the Devils.



Nick Palmieri
2nd round pick 2012 (WSH)



Travis Moen
Yannick Weber
5th round pick 2013 (MTL)

Vincent01 is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 01:22 AM
  #3
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,628
vCash: 500
Can we instate a sort of rule? Before someone posts a proposal on the Trade board, post it here and get some reaction here. If everyone says "WTF are you thinking? Bad idea" please don't post it there. I can't be the only one going like this every Habs thread on there.

/rant

PS. that wasn't intended towards you, Vincent01. They wouldn't be adding a 2nd though. I'd be more interested in Clarkson. Weber for Clarkson ish.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 02:07 AM
  #4
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,750
vCash: 500

Lars Eller
Jarred Tinordi
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2013


Jeff Carter

Price My Man Crush is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 02:09 AM
  #5
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Can we instate a sort of rule? Before someone posts a proposal on the Trade board, post it here and get some reaction here. If everyone says "WTF are you thinking? Bad idea" please don't post it there. I can't be the only one going like this every Habs thread on there.

/rant

PS. that wasn't intended towards you, Vincent01. They wouldn't be adding a 2nd though. I'd be more interested in Clarkson. Weber for Clarkson ish.
Hahahahaha.

You make a comment like that and then make a proposal where the main pieces are Weber for Clarkson?

I'm a huge Weber fan, but Clarkson is worth more than him by a lot.

EDIT: I wish this was real. I'm in an online league and just got Jaroslav Halak + David Perron for Carey Price + Travis Moen.


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 01-18-2012 at 03:15 AM.
One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
01-18-2012, 07:29 AM
  #6
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

Lars Eller
Jarred Tinordi
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2013


Jeff Carter
Carter isn't worth THAT much.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 07:33 AM
  #7
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Hahahahaha.

You make a comment like that and then make a proposal where the main pieces are Weber for Clarkson?

I'm a huge Weber fan, but Clarkson is worth more than him by a lot.

EDIT: I wish this was real. I'm in an online league and just got Jaroslav Halak + David Perron for Carey Price + Travis Moen.
I think people undervalue Weber because we have a lot of skilled d-men. People overvalue Clarkson because we need a guy like him(or another). Clarkson has a 2.67 mil cap hit and had 18 points last year. Wouldn't people find Moen overpaid at 2.67 mil/year?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 07:34 AM
  #8
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

Lars Eller
Jarred Tinordi
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2013


Jeff Carter
What the ---- do the Habs owe Columbus a rebuild.

S Bah is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 07:56 AM
  #9
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

Lars Eller
Jarred Tinordi
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2013


Jeff Carter
Colombus screwed themselves with the Carter trade, let's not do the same thing please.

Personally I think when you make a trade where you exchange futures you first need to think about wether or not you near enough being a contender that said trade makes you one. An expression I like using is a... from the cup. ... being Carter in that case. I don't think we are, just like Colombus wasn't. So you need to think about when you are gonna be contenders, let's say for the habs something like 2-3 years, now the question becomes will the difference, in 2-3 years, between your main piece, in that case Eller, and Carter be what you've added to the deal and I'm pretty sure that answer is no. But I'm a big Eller fan so I'm biased but I honestly have no trouble thinking that in three years a 25 year old Eller will be an equal or superior player to a 30 year old Carter, espesially since Carter seems quite injury prone. So basically we're not in a position to trade futures right now so ask me in three years.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 10:49 AM
  #10
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think people undervalue Weber because we have a lot of skilled d-men. People overvalue Clarkson because we need a guy like him(or another). Clarkson has a 2.67 mil cap hit and had 18 points last year. Wouldn't people find Moen overpaid at 2.67 mil/year?
Probably. But that doesn't mean you're getting a potential (on pace anyway) 30-goal scorer for a guy who can't even stay in one of the worst team's line-ups.

And you know I'm a huge Weber fan.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:09 AM
  #11
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

Lars Eller
Jarred Tinordi
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2013


Jeff Carter
Way too much for Carter. His value has taken a pretty big hit since a couple of years ago.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
  #12
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Probably. But that doesn't mean you're getting a potential (on pace anyway) 30-goal scorer for a guy who can't even stay in one of the worst team's line-ups.

And you know I'm a huge Weber fan.
If Clarkson were to score 30 it would nearly double his career high. I don't think anybody in their right mind would trade for him assuming anything more than 15-20 goals a year, his goals are up this year but he is playing 2:30 more a game and has 5 of those goals on the PP.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:19 AM
  #13
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If Clarkson were to score 30 it would nearly double his career high. I don't think anybody in their right mind would trade for him assuming anything more than 15-20 goals a year, his goals are up this year but he is playing 2:30 more a game and has 5 of those goals on the PP.
I know, I'm not stupid.

I wouldn't bank on it either - but the point stands that the Devils are probably a playoff team and they aren't going to move Clarkson for a guy who can't stay in a bottom-feeder (at this point) team's line-up. He's on pace for 30-goals for them. He's going nowhere if they don't get an overpayment.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:24 AM
  #14
GordonGraham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Way too much for Carter. His value has taken a pretty big hit since a couple of years ago.
eller = 3rd line guy
tinordi might never play a game in the nhl
1st round pick may never play a game
weber after 3 years still cant crack the line up, with markov healthy would have played 0 game

GordonGraham is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:26 AM
  #15
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I know, I'm not stupid.

I wouldn't bank on it either - but the point stands that the Devils are probably a playoff team and they aren't going to move Clarkson for a guy who can't stay in a bottom-feeder (at this point) team's line-up. He's on pace for 30-goals for them. He's going nowhere if they don't get an overpayment.
If we want a guy like him it would be cheaper to re-sign Moen(no assets needed) and go after a Tootoo, Hordichuk or Prust on the UFA market along with White.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:28 AM
  #16
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
eller = 3rd line guy
tinordi might never play a game in the nhl
1st round pick may never play a game
weber after 3 years still cant crack the line up, with markov healthy would have played 0 game
Others can play that game...Carter plays a soft 1 way game and is signed for a long time, he only has 10 goals this year and is signed for 10 more years.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:52 AM
  #17
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Gill to Chicago for 2nd

Moen to Detroit for 2nd

Campoli to Tampa for 4th

try to trade Gomez to anyone for a conditional year 3478 7th rd pick

Call up Leblanc/Palushaj (with AK - Eller) ----or rotate callups to give them both some real time on a line with talent

Call up Mitera (see what he's got in his last year of ELC)

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
  #18
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Gill to Chicago for 2nd

Moen to Detroit for 2nd

Campoli to Tampa for 4th

try to trade Gomez to anyone for a conditional year 3478 7th rd pick

Call up Leblanc/Palushaj (with AK - Eller) ----or rotate callups to give them both some real time on a line with talent

Call up Mitera (see what he's got in his last year of ELC)
What about AK?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
  #19
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What about AK?
try to resign him. If he wants to shop around, trade him for the best possible return.

My guess, late 1st or 2nd + prospect



we need to play it with a safe route. no big time sell off (this team is better than it has shown us this year) Just move the guys you don't want for picks/prospects. use our cap space to resign the players we do want an then use the assets gained to land that coveted big centreman (Grigorenko/Galcheniuyk) which, we will likely get from our own 1st anyway

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
  #20
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
try to resign him. If he wants to shop around, trade him for the best possible return.

My guess, late 1st or 2nd + prospect



we need to play it with a safe route. no big time sell off (this team is better than it has shown us this year) Just move the guys you don't want for picks/prospects. use our cap space to resign the players we do want an then use the assets gained to land that coveted big centreman (Grigorenko/Galcheniuyk) which, we will likely get from our own 1st anyway
I'm a bit torn on AK and Moen...they both bring size and physical play. Moen brings toughness and can kill penalities.

However, with all the young forwards on the way within 2-3 years(Bournival Gallagher Kristo Quailer Holland LeBlanc Avtsin), do we want to commit 2-4 years to those two? Moen can play a 4th line role but if you're going to pay him more than his current 1.5 mil cap hit, do you want 2-2.5 mil on a 4th line?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 12:36 PM
  #21
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
eller = 3rd line guy
tinordi might never play a game in the nhl
1st round pick may never play a game
weber after 3 years still cant crack the line up, with markov healthy would have played 0 game
That kind of thinking is why we can't build a legit contender. Just giving you an example, in 2007-2008, we could have traded Subban (since back then you could have said that he may never reach the NHL), Latendresse(who was just a third liner back then), and Pacioretty (same as Subban) for the then elite Olli Jokinen (coming of two straight PPG+ seasons). But doing that still wouldn't have won us a cup since we were not a Jokinen away from contention and we'd be even more screwed than we already are right now.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 12:36 PM
  #22
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
eller = 3rd line guy
tinordi might never play a game in the nhl
1st round pick may never play a game
weber after 3 years still cant crack the line up, with markov healthy would have played 0 game
By that logic, we should try to trade for Columbus' 1st round pick while we're at it. Even if it's Yakupov, hey, he might never play a game. So Columbus would do well to trade it while they can.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 12:40 PM
  #23
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm a bit torn on AK and Moen...they both bring size and physical play. Moen brings toughness and can kill penalities.

However, with all the young forwards on the way within 2-3 years(Bournival Gallagher Kristo Quailer Holland LeBlanc Avtsin), do we want to commit 2-4 years to those two? Moen can play a 4th line role but if you're going to pay him more than his current 1.5 mil cap hit, do you want 2-2.5 mil on a 4th line?
Out of the ones you mentioned Leblanc (likely next year), Gallagher and Bournival (two years), Avtsin (2-3 years, maybe) are the only ones I see making it as regulars in the NHL with Montreal.

I would much rather sign AK to a 3-4 year deal at about his current cap hit. He can score, hit, play both wings and has good chemistry with Eller.

Moen I see as someone who will try to cash in off what will likely be his best career season. We will be much better off selling him off as a rental and maximizing our investment (as a UFA who signed with us).

Our loss on the physical play will be the remainder of this year...and we are not really looking too much like a contender so it's a minimal hit for long term gain.

If we went with my proposal (and if it actually worked that easily) we'd end up with 4 picks in the top rounds of a very deep draft that could net us one maybe two NHL all-stars and a couple solid NHLers in a couple years to graft onto our core youth in place already.

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 12:45 PM
  #24
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm a bit torn on AK and Moen...they both bring size and physical play. Moen brings toughness and can kill penalities.

However, with all the young forwards on the way within 2-3 years(Bournival Gallagher Kristo Quailer Holland LeBlanc Avtsin), do we want to commit 2-4 years to those two? Moen can play a 4th line role but if you're going to pay him more than his current 1.5 mil cap hit, do you want 2-2.5 mil on a 4th line?
I agree with you. I think AK could get us a first round pick, but I'm not sure if that's worth more to us next year than AK himself. He'll probably want something like Ville Leino got, but a hometown discount could help us get him at 4/year.

As for Moen, looking at the UFAs coming up I think Taylor Pyatt could effectively replace him at 1.5/year. He doesn't fight, but he's big, he hits, and he puts up more points than Moen.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
01-18-2012, 12:49 PM
  #25
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

Lars Eller
Jarred Tinordi
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2013


Jeff Carter
So you want to give the future away for a 60 pts center who just had an important shoulder injury ?

That's the kind of return a healthy Getzlaf can get... not Jeff Carter.

MTL-rules is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.