HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
  #301
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
This is one that I saw posted by a Habs fan on the trade forum. I wanted to take it to both teams board to get the opinions of each fan base. I suspect that the hard core fans from each team won't like it but to me that indicates that it's probably pretty close. What do you Habs fans think???? I might be in the minority as a Flyers fans but I'd probably do it.
No way.

Sargent Pepper* is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
  #302
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He played wing at the WJHC, the centers were Jenner Strom Scheifele and Hamilton. Bournival played a bit of center. Huberdeau played on the wing with Strome at center and Stone on the other side.
they took most of the faceoffs but Huberdeau ended up shifting over to the centre during play. He had the defensive assignment of the centre. The others shifted to the wings due to their size and weight advantage to help increase the cycle game

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
  #303
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,642
vCash: 500
Simmons is a good player, and a first rounder is good too, but I still don't think so. Subban is further along in his development, at a younger age, than Simmons, and one late first rounder with a 50-50 chance of making it doesn't cut it.

Habbadasher is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:39 PM
  #304
FiveForDrawingBlood
Registered User
 
FiveForDrawingBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
don't crash HF boards,cause i like Price.

Hear me out .

Price traded at deadline or offseason for a Kings randsom .

Habs acquire Miikka Kiprusoff possibly Martin B from NJ or Thomas as a back up for 25-30 games.


What do you say?
Price is one of top goalies despite his age, he will only get better. Exactly what you need to build a cup team around. Habs couldn't get enough back to warrant trading Price.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:40 PM
  #305
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Simmonds isn't a bad player but not good enough of a starting point to get Subban. At least Schenn or Voracek but I don't see the Habs trading PK unless an equivalent or better defenseman is coming back in return

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
  #306
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,654
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
This is one that I saw posted by a Habs fan on the trade forum. I wanted to take it to both teams board to get the opinions of each fan base. I suspect that the hard core fans from each team won't like it but to me that indicates that it's probably pretty close. What do you Habs fans think???? I might be in the minority as a Flyers fans but I'd probably do it.
Merged to trade proposals thread.

__________________
Uncle Jed, I decided I ain't gonna be a brain sturgeon.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 01-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Chairman Maouth is online now  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
  #307
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Your saying we got less a chance to win with Kipper and Martin B or Thomas as back up?

Think of the return Price brings back.
Of course the return could be interesting but the problem is you might be loking for a goalie forever after trading a franchise goalie like Price. We of all teams should have learned after dealing Roy.

Thomas and Kipper aren't getting younger, look at Tampa Bay with Rolosson, ask them how they would feel if they have a goalie like Price

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM
  #308
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
don't crash HF boards,cause i like Price.

Hear me out .

Price traded at deadline or offseason for a Kings randsom .

Habs acquire Miikka Kiprusoff possibly Martin B from NJ or Thomas as a back up for 25-30 games.


What do you say?
You've said a lot of ridiculous things before. This is up there.
Officially blocked.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
  #309
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Of course the return could be interesting but the problem is you might be loking for a goalie forever after trading a franchise goalie like Price. We of all teams should have learned after dealing Roy.

Thomas and Kipper aren't getting younger, look at Tampa Bay with Rolosson, ask them how they would feel if they have a goalie like Price

well Price can walk away in less than 2.5 years.

Kipper still a great goalie he got another 3-4 left in his tank.
Thomas, as a back up, he got another 2 years left atleast.


The return from Price would be enormous, our goaltending wouldn't be anything less than what it is now.

Just remember how everyone was so in love with Theodore,and
if he was dealt at the right time, would have brought home alot more than Abby.


Think about it.

Kipper isn't a slouch ,nor is Tim Thomas .
The Bruins didnt need Carry Price to win the Cup.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:51 PM
  #310
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
You've said a lot of ridiculous things before. This is up there.
Officially blocked.
your loss, testing to see if it's working for you .

As i said from above remember Theodore....


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-25-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Habaneros is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:56 PM
  #311
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Price is one of top goalies despite his age, he will only get better. Exactly what you need to build a cup team around. Habs couldn't get enough back to warrant trading Price.
I think that is wrong,would Columbus give up first rounder this year for PRICE?

There would be more than Eller coming back.Thomas as Habs backup, every bit as good .

Price can walk in less than 2.,5 years......


Kipper and Thomas you got every bit as good odds to win a CUP.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:56 PM
  #312
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
well Price can walk away in less than 2.5 years.

Kipper still a great goalie he got another 3-4 left in his tank.
Thomas, as a back up, he got another 2 years left atleast.


The return from Price would be enormous, our goaltending wouldn't be anything less than what it is now.

Just remember how everyone was so in love with Theodore,and
if he was dealt at the right time, would have brought home alot more than Abby.


Think about it.

Kipper isn't a slouch ,nor is Tim Thomas .
The Bruins didnt need Carry Price to win the Cup.
So you are suggesting trading Price and replacing him with a 35 or 37 year old?

Brilliant!


Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 01:57 PM
  #313
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
well Price can walk away in less than 2.5 years.

Kipper still a great goalie he got another 3-4 left in his tank.
Thomas, as a back up, he got another 2 years left atleast.


The return from Price would be enormous, our goaltending wouldn't be anything less than what it is now.

Just remember how everyone was so in love with Theodore,and
if he was dealt at the right time, would have brought home alot more than Abby.


Think about it.

Kipper isn't a slouch ,nor is Tim Thomas .
The Bruins didnt need Carry Price to win the Cup.
I'm not saying they are bad goalies, but with the situation the Habs are in(rebuilding-retooling) what ever you like, they can't afford to trade a player like Price. He is a player the Habs need to build around along with Subban, Pacioretty, Eller etc...

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
  #314
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'm not saying they are bad goalies, but with the situation the Habs are in(rebuilding-retooling) what ever you like, they can't afford to trade a player like Price. He is a player the Habs need to build around along with Subban, Pacioretty, Eller etc...
As i said above,

Would COLUMBUS give us there first rounder they got THIS YEAR plus+ plus? I think so .


So Not only do Habs get there own 2nd over all or 3rd, they also get first.

Now ,sit back and think .


2012-13
Habs

Grigorenko
Nail Yakupov
Radulov
Brassard

In net Kipper and Thomas

Habaneros is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:06 PM
  #315
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
As i said above,

Would COLUMBUS give us there first rounder they got THIS YEAR plus+ plus? I think so .


So Not only do Habs get there own 2nd over all or 3rd, they also get first.

Now ,sit back and think .


Grigorenko
Nail
Radulov
I think Columbus learned from their mistake of last year and will keep their 1st this year

Nothing is sure of them getting 1st overall or even us at 2nd overall so right now it doesn't make any sense. Columbus is better off drafting that type of player and hope Mason finds his game back or they can sign one of those older goalies and keep that future franchise player

As for Radulov right now it's a wish. No one knows what Nashville is going to do with him and we ain't getting him for free

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
  #316
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
As i said above,

Would COLUMBUS give us there first rounder they got THIS YEAR plus+ plus? I think so .


So Not only do Habs get there own 2nd over all or 3rd, they also get first.

Now ,sit back and think .


2012-13
Habs

Grigorenko
Nail Yakupov
Radulov
Brassard

In net Kipper and Thomas
You really have no clue on how to build a team. Next year those 2 goalies combined will count for 10.833 against the Cap. That's insane

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
  #317
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
This is one that I saw posted by a Habs fan on the trade forum. I wanted to take it to both teams board to get the opinions of each fan base. I suspect that the hard core fans from each team won't like it but to me that indicates that it's probably pretty close. What do you Habs fans think???? I might be in the minority as a Flyers fans but I'd probably do it.
Your right. You are in the minority of Flyer fans. Why would we want P.K. Subban? What does he bring to our team. We already have Timonen and Carle, we don't need offense with lack of defense. Now Hal Gill, yes please. Hal Gill would be a great fit with Carle, not sure what it would take.

phillyfanatic is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
  #318
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I think Columbus learned from their mistake of last year and will keep their 1st this year

Nothing is sure of them getting 1st overall or even us at 2nd overall so right now it doesn't make any sense. Columbus is better off drafting that type of player and hope Mason finds his game back or they can sign one of those older goalies and keep that future franchise player

As for Radulov right now it's a wish. No one knows what Nashville is going to do with him and we ain't getting him for free

Columbus needs a goalie or that franchise is OUT OF TOWN .

They got no time to develop one.

Check there record drafting 1st overall picks,,,,,it sucks ...

Carey Price is PROVEN.


sit back and think of your 2012-13 Habs,all of a sudden how crazy am I?

Grigorenko
Nail Yakupov
Radulov
Brassard

In net Kipper and Thomas

Habaneros is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
  #319
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Columbus needs a goalie or that franchise is OUT OF TOWN .

They got no time to develop one.

Check there record drafting 1st overall picks,,,,,it sucks ...

Carey Price is PROVEN.


sit back and think of your 2012-13 Habs,all of a sudden how crazy am I?

Grigorenko
Nail Yakupov
Radulov
Brassard

In net Kipper and Thomas
You're out of your mind.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:11 PM
  #320
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You really have no clue on how to build a team. Next year those 2 goalies combined will count for 10.833 against the Cap. That's insane
your telling me i got no clue?

Tim Thomas is on last year of his deal ....

Kipper ends in 2014

You think Price will resign in the offseason for 3 million? LOL


hello,.helloo..Obama


I got no idea how to build a team, yet i show you part of my idea for Montreal;s roster next year?



2012-13
Habs

Grigorenko
Nail Yakupov
Radulov
Brassard


In net Kipper and Thomas


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-25-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Habaneros is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
  #321
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Your right. You are in the minority of Flyer fans. Why would we want P.K. Subban? What does he bring to our team. We already have Timonen and Carle, we don't need offense with lack of defense. Now Hal Gill, yes please. Hal Gill would be a great fit with Carle, not sure what it would take.
Kings 2nd round pick

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
  #322
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
This is one that I saw posted by a Habs fan on the trade forum. I wanted to take it to both teams board to get the opinions of each fan base. I suspect that the hard core fans from each team won't like it but to me that indicates that it's probably pretty close. What do you Habs fans think???? I might be in the minority as a Flyers fans but I'd probably do it.
Not even in the ballpark.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
  #323
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Columbus needs a goalie or that franchise is OUT OF TOWN .

They got no time to develop one.

Check there record drafting 1st overall picks,,,,,it sucks ...

Carey Price is PROVEN.


sit back and think of your 2012-13 Habs,all of a sudden how crazy am I?

Grigorenko
Nail Yakupov
Radulov
Brassard

In net Kipper and Thomas
Extremely cause it ain't happening

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
  #324
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Kings 2nd round pick
Hey, Holmgren gives away 2nd rounders like candy. Done.

P.S. If we are talking Montreal D-men that I would "LOVE" to have and would give Simmonds and a first for. That would be Josh Georges. LOVE that guy. But I think Gill to Philly makes sense. Georges is a building block for the habs.

phillyfanatic is offline  
Old
01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
  #325
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Extremely cause it ain't happening
Theodore(the next ROY) ended with David Aebischer....
remember that.


If you can use your head, instead of your heart....

Habaneros is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.