HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 4.0: Markov practicing with the team, now with contact

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 06:24 PM
go_habs_go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Some people I swear..

It's obvious that once and only ONCE Markov's 100% healthy, you suit him up for game action! You HAVE to find out where he's at and if he can become what he once was, I realize it might and probably will take him some time to totally find his game again. The ones who say there's no reward in playing this year cuz he might blow his knee again..if that happens then you say screw him and find a replacement asap. As an organization, they CANNOT go into this offseason and next season without knowing once again where Markov's at. We do not want a repeat of this year.

Old
02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
He been rehabing for ovr 2 years! No way, he has to play to see how the knee holds up. Habs brass cant be left in the Markov holding pattern. If he plats a handful of games and the knee does not act up then he will be ready for next year. If he plays and the knee swells and maybe needs another surgery then management and ownership would at least know the guy is finished and can hopefully save his cap hit
Legitimate question.

What if Markov plays this season and hurts his knee again? What would Habs management do? Buyout? Keep him on LTIR?

Thanks.

Old
02-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Legitimate question.

What if Markov plays this season and hurts his knee again? What would Habs management do? Buyout? Keep him on LTIR?

Thanks.
IMO if ne needs another surgery he will be placed on the Medical IR , unable to play. Theres only soo much surgery a knee can take. I dont have a concrete answer but again IMO he will be done. Who knows he may even retire, its gotta be wearing in him too

Old
02-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Legitimate question.

Thanks.
I bet you I'm wrong but maybe this is Markov's worst fear...a buyout. Because he wants to collect every single penny from our Habs (as if he didn't already make enough for helping us in the last 10 years especially in playoffs...oufff! what memorable, great performances from Markov in playoffs, so many great memories! ).

Actually he came back to help us make the playoffs, since he loves and thrives in playoffs.

If this trip started in Winnipeg instead of Florida you can bet your *** that Markov wouldn't be going.

Go Markov Go!! (keep helping our Habs with your rehabs)

Old
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
IMO if ne needs another surgery he will be placed on the Medical IR , unable to play. Theres only soo much surgery a knee can take. I dont have a concrete answer but again IMO he will be done. Who knows he may even retire, its gotta be wearing in him too
Retire?

He's going to average 10 games per season until he gets every penny...he's not going back to Russia without every penny. Trust me on this...he's going to try and play 5 games this season to give false hope and make it easier to collect $5.75mil/year for another 2 seasons. And you can bet on this...he's not going to live in Canada after he's done collecting all that money. I don't care about his Canadian status...it's for tax purposes only...he's a penny pincher is all.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
NotProkofievian

Mr. Hab,

your Markov obsession borders on the unhealthy. Actually, who am I kidding, it is unhealthy. I don't think there's anything in the world that I hate as much as you hate Markov.

Listening to you speak about Markov is like expecting an objective opinion on the Rothschild family from a stormfront.org member.

...just out of curiosity, do you believe Markov controls the world's entire money supply, and/or is a luciferian-shape-shifting-lizard-person?

Old
02-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Mr. Hab,

your Markov obsession borders on the unhealthy. Actually, who am I kidding, it is unhealthy. I don't think there's anything in the world that I hate as much as you hate Markov.

Listening to you speak about Markov is like expecting an objective opinion on the Rothschild family from a stormfront.org member.

...just out of curiosity, do you believe Markov controls the world's entire money supply, and/or is a luciferian-shape-shifting-lizard-person?
You have a right to your opinion...and at least you're semi-polite about it! I just think all this waiting for Markov cost us this season and this pisses the **** out of me. I love our Habs in playoffs and blame Markov for us not being in a good playoff position right now. I am looking forward to a good top 5 or top 7 pick. (but yes I do have some small hope of us still making it...albeit small hope I try to remain positive but not with Markov's depressing situation).

Old
02-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Mr. Hab,

Not taking sides, but this was really funny.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:18 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
You have a right to your opinion...I just think all this waiting for Markov cost us this season and this pisses the **** out of me. I love our Habs in playoffs and blame Markov for us not being in a good playoff position right now. I am looking forward to a good top 5 or top 7 pick. (but yes I do have some small hope of us still making it).
Let go of your hate, man. What is it giving you?

The season is what it is, and ranting about it on the internet isn't going to change anything.

Just enjoy the ride and top 5 pick. Maybe we'll win the lottery and bring home Yakupov. How bout that?

Old
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
He been rehabing for ovr 2 years! No way, he has to play to see how the knee holds up. Habs brass cant be left in the Markov holding pattern. If he plats a handful of games and the knee does not act up then he will be ready for next year. If he plays and the knee swells and maybe needs another surgery then management and ownership would at least know the guy is finished and can hopefully save his cap hit
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Some people I swear..

It's obvious that once and only ONCE Markov's 100% healthy, you suit him up for game action! You HAVE to find out where he's at and if he can become what he once was, I realize it might and probably will take him some time to totally find his game again. The ones who say there's no reward in playing this year cuz he might blow his knee again..if that happens then you say screw him and find a replacement asap. As an organization, they CANNOT go into this offseason and next season without knowing once again where Markov's at. We do not want a repeat of this year.
You're looking at it the wrong way. You're right, he has been re-habbing for 2 yrs ; and you want to throw him in against opposition playing at top form, fighting for their playoffs lives in the most intense stretch of the season ? You're just asking for an injury ! Anf for what ? Are we winning the cup this year ?

If he was a pending UFA, that might be different, but he's signed for 2 more yrs AND he's an elite d-man when healthy. We have to protect the investment.

Work him really hard in practices with non-contact jersey for the remainder of the season. If the knee doesn't act up, great. Then he'll have a normal summer training, come to camp and start with everybody else and regain his game form at a normal pace.

That's the only sensible to do

Old
02-20-2012, 07:52 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
You're looking at it the wrong way. You're right, he has been re-habbing for 2 yrs ; and you want to throw him in against opposition playing at top form, fighting for their playoffs lives in the most intense stretch of the season ? You're just asking for an injury ! Anf for what ? Are we winning the cup this year ?

If he was a pending UFA, that might be different, but he's signed for 2 more yrs AND he's an elite d-man when healthy. We have to protect the investment.

Work him really hard in practices with non-contact jersey for the remainder of the season. If the knee doesn't act up, great. Then he'll have a normal summer training, come to camp and start with everybody else and regain his game form at a normal pace.

That's exactly the way to go.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Retire?

He's going to average 10 games per season until he gets every penny...he's not going back to Russia without every penny. Trust me on this...he's going to try and play 5 games this season to give false hope and make it easier to collect $5.75mil/year for another 2 seasons. And you can bet on this...he's not going to live in Canada after he's done collecting all that money. I don't care about his Canadian status...it's for tax purposes only...he's a penny pincher is all.
Seriously, who in your family did Markov sleep with?

I get doubting his ability to play anymore, hating the contract, etc,etc. But seriously accusing him of these things makes it sound personal.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:19 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Retire?

you are right 100%, he is also spy for CCCP and Mr. Putin, once he takes every $ from Canadian people he will retire and go back to mother Russia, from now he is faking an injury so he colect money and information.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Retire?

you must have lots of sleepless nights staying up and thinking of this garbage.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:16 PM
haburger

yep.mr hab has completely lost it.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I bet you I'm wrong but maybe this is Markov's worst fear...a buyout. Because he wants to collect every single penny from our Habs (as if he didn't already make enough for helping us in the last 10 years especially in playoffs...oufff! what memorable, great performances from Markov in playoffs, so many great memories! ).

Actually he came back to help us make the playoffs, since he loves and thrives in playoffs.

If this trip started in Winnipeg instead of Florida you can bet your *** that Markov wouldn't be going.

Go Markov Go!! (keep helping our Habs with your rehabs)
Florida is where Dr. Andrews the Habs surgeon did the previous surgeries on Markov lives, so he may be getting clearance from him to begin practice with contact.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Legitimate question.

Thanks.
Would be dumb to buy him out when LITR frees up his cap room.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:22 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Retire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
you are right 100%, he is also spy for CCCP and Mr. Putin, once he takes every $ from Canadian people he will retire and go back to mother Russia, from now he is faking an injury so he colect money and information.
That's ripe I thought Razz,Mr.Putin was dead seen it on Museum Secrets the other day,amazing the stand-up comedian now on the HF Boards .com.Sssswweeett.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Legitimate question.

Thanks.
I'm not sure what the content of his contract is exactly, but if he gets injured again, I have a hard time believing he won't retire.
Maybe it'll be like Savard with the Bruins, but what's important is that his cap hit won't count against the cap and management has to move forward as if he's done.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:00 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm not sure what the content of his contract is exactly, but if he gets injured again, I have a hard time believing he won't retire.
Maybe it'll be like Savard with the Bruins, but what's important is that his cap hit won't count against the cap and management has to move forward as if he's done.
Thanks for your answer.

I apologize for getting Mr. Hab riled up.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:04 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Legitimate question.

Thanks.
Yeah he would probably be on LTIR until he retires a happy man. Just don't play him this season, simple as that.

I hope that Cunneyworth isn't going to rely on him too much upon his return, what can he do in 20 games after not playing for 2 years? Training camp? Might as well wait for next year's.

Quote:
Retire?

What did I just read???

Old
02-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post

You cannot simulate game conditions with so called hard practices. If he doesent play this year, the Habs are in a holding pattern of is he or isnt he ready for next year. He needs game and game contact to see if the knee can hold up. PG and the rest of the Habs brass banked on Markov playing most of he year. They gambled and the team payed for it. If he doesnt play any games this year, Molson will have a tough decision.

Last edited by Zorba: 02-21-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old
02-21-2012, 12:34 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
You cannot simulate game conditions wit ah so called hard practice. If he doesent play this year, the Habs are in a holding pattern of is he or isnt he ready for next year. He needs game and game contact to see if the knee can hold up. PG and the rest of the Habs brass banked on Markov playing most of he year. They gambled and the team payed for it. If he doesnt play any games this year, Molson will have a tough decision.
Well, the point is really moot because as much as some of us would like for him not to play this year we are talking about people's jobs here so he will most definitely lace them up before the season comes to term.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Let go of your hate, man. What is it giving you?

The season is what it is, and ranting about it on the internet isn't going to change anything.

Just enjoy the ride and top 5 pick. Maybe we'll win the lottery and bring home Yakupov. How bout that?
I do like your intelligent replies to my so-called garbage posts about how I think Markov has been a jinx/cancer to our Habs. At least your posts/replies are not filled with more hatred but originality (worth reading your replies and actually makes me realize that I do need to calm down, but I love our Habs so much and live for playoffs!! well...right after girls!!).

And I do agree with you a 100%...I'm actually excited about the chances of REALLY improving our team this summer (and with the trade deadline). Hopefully...this miserable season = collecting star prospects.
If we end up finishing at a position that permits us only to get a 8th or 9th or 10th Rnd Overall Pick there's always the chance of moving up to top 5 with the draw, so that's great!! and then we also have TWO 2nd Rnd picks . And I was actually ecstatic about us receiving Blake Geoffrion and also a 2nd Rnd Pick...can't wait to see Blake wear the CH. Can't wait!! (3rd liner, 4th liner, I don't care...as long as he shows lots of heart/hustle/CH pride and potential...I'm a happy Hab fan).

Yakupov? Sure! Forsberg, too!! Or...there is also the possibility of getting a solid dman if we end up getting the 5th or 6th or 7th overall pick,etc...(for example a Ryan McDonagh type or even better...a McDonagh that can develop faster). UFA dman, UFA dman, Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Tinordi, Beaulieu...very excited about this core. Very. Can't wait!!

I can see the positive in almost everything except waiting for Markov season after season! I don't even hate Gauthier...I just wish he insisted on a 1 year.
The 3 years vs 1 year is my only criticism of Gauthier. Every other deal he did...I would have done so I can't criticize him (just cause Kaberle, Campoli, Weber all didn't work is not Gauthier's fault...Emelin has worked with time and Gauthier's trying and he's continuing to try, ex: 2nd Rnd Pick+Blake Geofrrion).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-21-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old
02-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Danadiens

Quote:
I can see the positive in almost everything except waiting for Markov season after season! I don't even hate Gauthier...I just wish he insisted on a 1 year.
Yes, but Markov's Machiavelic's plan of world domination needs money, so he made Gauthier give him more, then asked Kostitsyn (fellow russian partner) to hit his knee with a hammer. This way he can collect all them delicious pennys.

Did I get it right?

Closed Thread